Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man_In_Suitcase

Could Void 2.0 Have Adverse Effects?

With the Specters Of The Rail update imminent, I have been pondering, will selling prime parts become less in demand now that we'll have Void 2.0? Of course this is just more or less speculation at the moment as this won't impact trading fully until a week or so after the update, and we're still a little confused on how it all ties together with us being able to manipulate RNG for a chance at those "rarer parts."

So I'm wondering if anyone else has given any thought to how this overhaul may affect trading in terms of making platinum through prime parts, without forking out IRL money for it. Could this update potentially have adverse effects on how we all make platinum by selling buying prime parts? Thoughts please!

Sure, short-term i'm sure the market might drop slightly with people wanting to test out the new system and thus farming for parts they may need. Long-term it will probably go back to normal because people get bored or tired of farming and just buy the stuff they want. Overall I doubt it will affect the market all that much as there will still be people that don't want to go through the process of farming.

Depends on aquisition of those Luminous things. If it would be tedious, there would be less parts while price will go up with parts aquired in highier tiers. We will see.

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

Depends on aquisition of those Luminous things. If it would be tedious, there would be less parts while price will go up with parts aquired in highier tiers. We will see.

This is what going to determine Prime parts pricing and I didn't see anything about if they will be tradable.

To topic : No, of course.

To thread : " OH NU! I CAN'T MAKE MORE ASH PRIME PLAYERS ;'( "

Look at it this way - should platinum prices suddenly drop in trade, you may get less platinum for your loot, but you'll also pay less platinum for the stuff you want from others.
Of course that's not gonna help much if you want to buy a syandana or something off the marketplace.

8 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Look at it this way - should platinum prices suddenly drop in trade, you may get less platinum for your loot, but you'll also pay less platinum for the stuff you want from others.
Of course that's not gonna help much if you want to buy a syandana or something off the marketplace.

Which in turn creates consumer confidence which makes people BUY BUY BUY!

That way the platinum will circulate around a lot better~ A healthy economy! ;D

7 hours ago, Zarozian said:

Which in turn creates consumer confidence which makes people BUY BUY BUY!

That way the platinum will circulate around a lot better~ A healthy economy! ;D

Exactly! If you buy platinum on the Warframe website, said platinum will buy you a lot more in trade with other players, if said players suddenly demand less platinum for their stuff! Not something I'd seriously complain about! :D

yes there will be adverse effects.

I am Dr. Robotwars, PhD, OMG, WTF, LOL, BBQ, and while those may seem like unusual qualifications, I can assure you I am a medical professional, I even have a doctorate from a Chinese website that confirms this.

here is the list of known side effects that may come as part of the new Void that affect YOU.

- Joy Puke

- nausea

- dizziness

- headaches

- Tennoitis (also commonly known as "space ninja syndrome"

- excess Sodium emission from the body.

- sudden onset Tourette's syndrome (usually passes quickly)

- eye strain

- extremely collapsed lower jaw bone, usually drooping on the ground.

- OCD.

as for things that affect the game, liely just market fluctuations and the like. and as I said, this is written by a medical professional, in association with Sum Ting Wong degrees.com.

Given that instead of 1 random reward per void mission, you'll actually end up choosing from 4 different rewards - I'm guessing this may actually lower the supply, and thus bring the prices a bit higher, because you are less likely to choose duplicates and more likely to choose stuff you don't have or stuff you can use yourself.. Likewise, it will take time for people grind that 100 luminous stuff, so rarer rewards will be even more rare for a time, until the playerbase catches up to speed. Obviously, a lot of those parts are already in farmed in large amounts, so there shouldn't be any "supply void" - merely, the supply may slow down for a moment.

Also, keep in mind that currently, 1 void key gets you 4 rewards if you do a keyshare. In the new system, 1 key/projection gives you 1 reward = less surplus. And that's before taking into account that sabotages and endless missions give you several rewards per run. All in all, the amount of parts in circulation should go down - Getting that part you want should be quicker, but you'll no longer end up having 7 unwanted spare parts while hunting the one rare part.

It's all but certain that it's going to shake up the trading market.

There really is not much downside to using keys now to farm for ducat fodder/buying fodder as by every way I can look at what is being shown, I don't think it will be more economical farming for fodder and forma BPs. (I suspect that the void as it is now has a much better forma BP yield per hr than whatever is going to take over as the forma BP farm spots.)

However if you are after some pricey prime stuff, and have the appropriete keys to have a farm session, but dislike the extremely low 5% drop rates for that part, there might be a good argument to hold onto those keys for void 2.0. This assumes that the different projection types and thier loot table coresponds to the current void key and loot tables, also RNG isn't as terrible and having 3 other buddies with similar keys allows you 3 extra rolls for the desired part.

before you can be rich you have to be poor ... )8:[=]

8 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

i think thats the whole idea... make the market more $$ based and less plat based.