Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

To those reporting that they still can't see Ash during Smokescreen - you have to enable DOF / Motion Blur in the Display Options Menu.

Then you'll finally be able to "see yourself" with Smokescreen active. The effect is similar to how a Predator (from the movies) looks while cloaked.

It's a good addition for sure, but I would like to see the same effect even with DOF/MB disabled, since some players find the distance fog and blur really distracting.

Wait, what slide cooldown are they referring to? I can't still slide, jump and slide on air again unless i am using auto run. i thought that was the thing everyone was complaining about.

You need to hold sprint throughout.  If you're in the habit of releasing the sprint key during a slide or jump (because you maintain your momentum), you won't be able to kick while in the air.  This was a consequence of them fixing a bug where you'd get STUCK sprinting after certain maneuvers.  Basically the sprint key was being held for you during a slide and jump, and after the fix you have to keep it held yourself.

The slide cooldown means that after sliding/kicking, there's a period of time during which if you try to slide/kick again, you get no speed bonus from it.

The slide->jump->kick->slide combo has always continued to be doable, it's just that the speed bonus you get from kicking has been inconsistent after the cooldown was implemented.

dunno if this is a good thing about the sliding =/, i thought the cooldown was a good idea

but super cool that they fixed the not picking things up when you roll over them (that was a real hassle)

all in all, im just glad to see the team back in form!, cant wait for U9 =]

braton's new sound is amazing

Got to disagree. It sounded like a lightweight fast fire weapon, something like the P90, it sounds like a slug shooter now. I have really gone off it.

Burston sound effects have changed as well.

Oh dammit. I was going to replace the Braton with the Burston. Just to keep some element of dakka. Hek it is then, or does that now sound like a spudgun?

My Torid clouds actually work with elemental mods now. Doesn't work with Serration but elemental mods actually trigger with clouds. They do damage based off of the cloud's 20 damage btw.

Since this wasn't in the notes I'm really hoping this wasn't a bug...

yeeehawww! :D

Addendum : But what about Vauban's balls getting stuck on snowglobe or dojo gray screen of death on labs?

It sounds painful, but I would suggest not jumping onto snowglobe. Also a little virtual ointment massaged into them would no doubt ease any difficulties Vauban might experience.

You need to hold sprint throughout.  If you're in the habit of releasing the sprint key during a slide or jump (because you maintain your momentum), you won't be able to kick while in the air.  This was a consequence of them fixing a bug where you'd get STUCK sprinting after certain maneuvers.  Basically the sprint key was being held for you during a slide and jump, and after the fix you have to keep it held yourself.

The slide cooldown means that after sliding/kicking, there's a period of time during which if you try to slide/kick again, you get no speed bonus from it.

The slide->jump->kick->slide combo has always continued to be doable, it's just that the speed bonus you get from kicking has been inconsistent after the cooldown was implemented.

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for the clarification. I was confused with it all along. This will be a problem to me since I sprint on shift and crouch on ctrl. Toggle run is kind of a pain for me to use too, as it acts in strange ways, like not running anymore after a roll, aiming, or sometimes if the stamina recharges to full again.

In that case, I don't see what was the problem with the slide cooldown. If the only thing that was penalized was a speed boost. I think that the cooldown was made to prevent exploitation from slow frames then. Which actually makes a lot of sense. They are slow for a reason. Some people is nuts if all they want is a super warframe that can do pretty much everything at the same time. I think slow and heavy warframes not only should be slower at running, but also at getting minor boosts and lower jump height and all that comes with physics and heavy objects. In exchange they can take quite a lot of damage. If they want to get a fast warframe, then you get a lighter one. Sounds like logical to me.

Fixes:

- Fixed an issue causing players to be left in an unresponsive, black screen state when a duel round completes

This problem has also happened to me and a few people I know at the end of stranded missions... dose this mean that should stop as well, or is that a different bug?

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for the clarification. I was confused with it all along. This will be a problem to me since I sprint on shift and crouch on ctrl. Toggle run is kind of a pain for me to use too, as it acts in strange ways, like not running anymore after a roll, aiming, or sometimes if the stamina recharges to full again.

In that case, I don't see what was the problem with the slide cooldown. If the only thing that was penalized was a speed boost. I think that the cooldown was made to prevent exploitation from slow frames then. Which actually makes a lot of sense. They are slow for a reason. Some people is nuts if all they want is a super warframe that can do pretty much everything at the same time. I think slow and heavy warframes not only should be slower at running, but also at getting minor boosts and lower jump height and all that comes with physics and heavy objects. In exchange they can take quite a lot of damage. If they want to get a fast warframe, then you get a lighter one. Sounds like logical to me.

Toggle crouch on alt works well for me.

I don't see how this is a slow versus fast frame issue.  The cooldown slows down fast frames just as much as slow frames.  I've been playing Ash with a maxed rush mod and I still hate the cooldown.

Actually the cooldown doesn't even slow you down all that much.  It just makes one of your moves inconsistent--sometimes it gives you a boost, sometimes it doesn't.  It drives me bonkers.

Edited by Smoke39

Slide cooldown removed?  I never even cared about the cooldown.  Just make the jump flip out of a slide count as a sprint for the purpose of kicking.  When you fixed the bug, you over-complicated a basic mobility technique, slide 0> jump -> kick.  If I jump out of the slide without holding shift, I can't kick at all now!  Imagine me faceplanting into a heavy gunner because of this "bug fix."  Suddenly SHE is the one to stun ME and I'm just dead.

PLEASE fix it so that the jump out of a slide counts as a sprinting jump!

kunai and despair more OP than acrid..

Before this change the acrid had slightly higher DPS than the kunai and slightly less than despair. With this change, if the acrid's DoT is truly affected by hornet strike, it'll have around 3 times the damage of the despair. It does 97 (25+18*4) damage per shot at an incredible fire rate with almost no one in the game having any toxic resistance (there's a few), no weapon is even comparable to that.

When that 18*4 was not affected by hornet strike it was fair (or at least at the same power level as kunai and despair) but now it's easily the best weapon in the game.

Edited by oneproduct