Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

I know that this was an issue "introduced" with Hotfix 8.1.0, but I'm posting it here because I know that typically older update threads tend to go overlooked when new updates happen.

Seriously, please stop trying to improve things that don't need improvement. It had been a long time since I had equipped and played with the Braton, and I just went on a mission with it tonight.

Oh. Dear. God. Make. It. Stop.

Really, you need to return the Sound FX back to where it was before. The Braton seems like a full-auto carbine (something akin to an M4) or even a capable submachinegun (something like an MP5 or MP7), and before this fix, it really sounded like one. 

Now... it sounds like you're firing a fully-automatic balloon-popping gun stuffed inside a pillow.

I know that I'm only one person's voice, but I would appreciate a genuine reconsideration on this sound selection. I want to be direct and get my point through, without sounding too abrasive or inappropriate. Reconsider the sound. Please.

Actually i love the braton sound, it feels like lost planet's machine gun which is DAMN AMAZING!!!!!

To sum things up; the hotfix was great, the stream was ok-great and the alerts were great (and still are better than before it seems).

Thx DE.

Edit: I'm not quite sure if grappling hooks are a good idea (yet I'm a huge fan of sliding, so yeah, I'm pro-maneuverability but still this isn't Batman).

Edited by scavenge

I know this is kind of off topic but I am not Shure where the best place to post this idea where it will be seen so I’m putting it everywhere.

After watching the live stream a thought accrued. You were thinking of changing artifacts into mod like cards. Well since you currently limit us to one artifact use at a time why not ad one artifact mod slot to the warframe helmets, that way it will not use a warframe mod slot and still limit us to only have one artifact active at once. 

Ogris is still "broken".

The "charging" sound doesn't match the real state of the weapon

Weapon sometimes fails to charge when LMB is pressed (or my mouse is dying?)

There's a cooldown (maybe reduced with the reload mod?) after successful and failed shooting attempts and yes, the charging animation like the sound doesn't seem to reflect mods you have equipped.

Edited by SaNE_

To sum things up; the hotfix was great, the stream was ok-great and the alerts were great (and still are better than before it seems).

Thx DE.

Edit: I'm not quite sure if grappling hooks are a good idea (yet I'm a huge fan of sliding, so yeah, I'm pro-maneuverability but still this isn't Batman).

I think if he wore traditional ninja clothes, used a kite instead of a cape to fly and threw ninja stars instead of batarangs, I'm pretty sure he'd be considered a ninja. Also Mark of the Ninja had grapple hooks that were used regularly. (That game is badass) As my thoughts on the grapple hook, I'd love to use them as long as you can wallrun before and after grapples and the grapple itself had a range limit so that they wouldn't completely circumvent wallrunning.

Edited by Liacu

I know that this was an issue "introduced" with Hotfix 8.1.0, but I'm posting it here because I know that typically older update threads tend to go overlooked when new updates happen.

Seriously, please stop trying to improve things that don't need improvement. It had been a long time since I had equipped and played with the Braton, and I just went on a mission with it tonight.

Oh. Dear. God. Make. It. Stop.

Really, you need to return the Sound FX back to where it was before. The Braton seems like a full-auto carbine (something akin to an M4) or even a capable submachinegun (something like an MP5 or MP7), and before this fix, it really sounded like one. 

Now... it sounds like you're firing a fully-automatic balloon-popping gun stuffed inside a pillow.

I know that I'm only one person's voice, but I would appreciate a genuine reconsideration on this sound selection. I want to be direct and get my point through, without sounding too abrasive or inappropriate. Reconsider the sound. Please.

2 Peoples voice, really don't like the new sound to the point it ruins the weapon for me, I liked the old dakka sound. The new one makes me use a hek instead.

You got rid of slide cooldown? Really.

Whiners who hate actually building their frames correctly.

You mean people who don't like to be just like everyone else and have something that doesn't follow the Wolrd of Warcraft style of ( If you arn't using this armor weapon and skill set you are doing it wrong..) way of thinking are wrong?!?!?

Dude I don't like being told how to play my character my Warframe or my games.

It's like if I told you you have to eat grass wear a kilt and only speak in Duke Nukem slang forever without a choice oh and everyone else did too. Would you not get sick of that would you not want to do something your own way?

2 Peoples voice, really don't like the new sound to the point it ruins the weapon for me, I liked the old dakka sound. The new one makes me use a hek instead.

alot of people dont like the new sound of the Braton, the old one was indeed just fantastic. it became the standard iconic sound for it (more sound FX for the power it puts out)

please revert that Braton sound back so i feel comfortable again hearing the damage and power it dishes out.

Good but flux rifle still broken and useless. Why removed slide cooldown :(

I not see fix for new grineer endless defense mission, mobs spawn there with every wave slower and slower, to kill last mob at wave 5 you need to wait like 10 mins.

Edited by drunkpunk222

I saw the Visual affects changed for Ash's smoke screen so when I played him this morning I was ecstatic to see he now has a faint shimmer. Well just now, that FX is gone and it's back to the old nothing on screen anymore, he is just completely gone. Why did that go away? Is it a glitch? How do I fix it?

-Removed slide cooldown

Noooo!  It's far from a deal-breaker, but eugh.  It's really going to stay a thing of people doing some odd dance whenever they're in a hurry?  I'll have to refuse to be called a 'ninja', just to avoid being confused with all the clowns!

Well, overall a good patch.  I remain impressed with DE.  And now I don't have to turn back for mods on hills that I slid through!