Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Taylor

Void 2.0 Feedback [Megathread]

Recommended Posts

Hey there Tenno!

This megathread will be used to house all of your Void 2.0 feedback. Please be constructive, and keep the following guidelines in mind:

  • Your post must be on topic.
  • Use details, examples, and personal experiences in your feedback, as well as your counter arguments if you disagree with something in the game or with another's opinion. 
  • Leave all name calling, insults and antagonism (dev bashing) out of your post, no exceptions. It is not required or welcomed and does not fall under constructive feedback. 

If you have a bug report, please post it in the dedicated megathread:

Thanks guys!   :community: 

=====

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 1

Quote

Changes/Fixes:

  • The Void Fissure sealing process will be aborted should no players in the squad have a Relic equipped, i.e leaving while only having one equipped Relic will close it out.
  • Adjusted the timings and maximum amount of repeats for Void Fissure transmissions.
  • Improved the way Void Fissure rewards are replicated for Clients after a host migration has occurred.
  • Tweaked the visuals of Void Traces.
  • Fixed an issue with Clients not properly receiving their Void Trace bonus when their Void Relic reward.
  • Fixed an issue with Host’s being unable to click Start Timer, Clear Vote, or Leave Squad during a Void Fissure lobby setup.
  • Fixed an issue with Squad UI becoming unresponsive after declining a Void Fissure mission.
  • Fixed a UI overlap that could occur if two players in the same lobby selected two different Void Fissure missions.
  • Fixed an issue with matchmaking not properly working for Void Fissure missions.
  • Fixed an issue with certain Void Defense missions not having their proper reward tables.
  • Fixed an issue with Void Fissure start transmission playing again after a host migration.

Hotfix:

  • Reduced the number of Nullifier and Bombard units spawned during Void Fissure sealing process

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 2

Quote
  • Reduced the sound effect volume of enemy spawns from Void Fissures.

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 4

Quote
  • Fixed issues with Clients not seeing Void Fissure lighting and effects.

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 6

Quote
  • Fixed hosts getting (n^2) bonus Void Traces when (n) people pick their reward, instead of just getting a bonus of (n). We are still looking into the Client issue affecting this system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from what I've managed to glean from the forum and Reddit, it seems like the RNG is still going to be the limiting factor here, without any reliable ways of mitigating it so you don't get screwed over time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Yezzik said:

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from what I've managed to glean from the forum and Reddit, it seems like the RNG is still going to be the limiting factor here, without any reliable ways of mitigating it so you don't get screwed over time and time again.

It has been how many hours? Two? Good lord please at least try it before casting stones. The concept is leagues better than what we have before, you can't expect Prime stuff to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

It has been how many hours? Two? Good lord please at least try it before casting stones. The concept is leagues better than what we have before, you can't expect Prime stuff to be handed to you on a silver platter.

I was at work. And I vastly prefer grind to RNG, so if there was a way to spend a specific amount of whatever currency to guarantee a part I wanted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yezzik said:

I was at work. And I vastly prefer grind to RNG, so if there was a way to spend a specific amount of whatever currency to guarantee a part I wanted...

And? You still shouldn't bash it without trying it. This seems to be an improvement in every way as compared to what we had. Is it perfect? No, but can you honestly tell me that you thought RNG was going to die? At least now we can weigh RNG a bit more in our favor so even that aspect is improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

And? You still shouldn't bash it without trying it. This seems to be an improvement in every way as compared to what we had. Is it perfect? No, but can you honestly tell me that you thought RNG was going to die? At least now we can weigh RNG a bit more in our favor so even that aspect is improved.

I haven't bashed it. But a long enough grind (ideally with Plat rush that takes the Plat out of the economy) can replace any RNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

CGriZZJ.jpg

What do you see here? Nothing? That's the issue. I equipped a Lith F1, but you can't see that. I think it'd be for the best if that was visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... Having attempted to do several T4 void rifts solo, I have one piece of preliminary feedback:

The yellow balls you need to close the rift don't spawn fast enough. I'm killing quickly enough with my vaykor hek, but generally speaking the timer runs down whem I'm at 70-90% completion because enemies who carry the balls don't spawn enough when solo. I feel like I'm failing not because I'm not good enough, but because the system is arbitrarily screwing me over.

Maybe it gets better if you're in a team, but as someone who predominantly plays solo because I enjoy being able to pause my missions, this feels like a kick in the balls, and I'm not gonna lie, it's getting frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In T2 void rifts nullifiers are spawning right next to people with a swarm of bombards. If you run any of these missions with a frame that buffs them self like chroma the nullifiers can just spawn next to you and ruin your day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, specspore said:

In T2 void rifts nullifiers are spawning right next to people with a swarm of bombards. If you run any of these missions with a frame that buffs them self like chroma the nullifiers can just spawn next to you and ruin your day.

Agreed, nullifiers should at least NEVER spawn with the bubble up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo players can't open the fissure without a relic.

This means that you can't farm for Void Traces the way that anyone in a team can. Obviously it's fine that people without a relic can't get a reward, but they should at least be able to run the fissure for traces.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey there Tenno!

This megathread will be used to house all of your Void 2.0 feedback. Please be constructive, and keep the following guidelines in mind:

  • Your post must be on topic.
  • Use details, examples, and personal experiences in your feedback, as well as your counter arguments if you disagree with something in the game or with another's opinion. 
  • Leave all name calling, insults and antagonism (dev bashing) out of your post, no exceptions. It is not required or welcomed and does not fall under constructive feedback. 

Thanks guys!    

Would it be antagonistic to say that I am extremely pissed about the fact that there's a normal goddamn Dual Kamas blueprint in one of the relic drop tables?

Because that's how I feel. I won't say any specific words though because then the sweet cinnamon rolls of purity that are the forum users would be deeply tainted.

However, tell my why this exists and why I had the luck to get one of these.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050521763/screenshot/267219116267752055

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050521763/screenshot/267219116267750760

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A small QoL feature I think everyone would like to see:
Please add the Ducat price of each item on the reward screen.
It's really annoying to find how much things are worth in the wiki list, and you have only 15 seconds to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a bug but for any tier of fissure the most common enemies are bombards and nullifiers. Given the tight spaces of which fissures occur in this makes even Tier 1 fissures ludicrously difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Void 2.0:

What are you kidding? Tried to solo the first map, mobile defense, spawning bombards and nullifers like candy. with a guest visit from Vor. I'm playing solo, what are you trying to prove here? Meanwhile the nullifers doing one shot kills, bombards are their usual BS of insane explosive full damage radius, so they shoot me through walls and through floors, 2-3 hits and I'm dead. Several times I didn't even know where the bombard was, he was shooting a wall within 10 meters of me, and I'm taking full damage, but I can neither see him or even the blast radius, I just take damage. It's pretty lame.

Wrong direction DE, totally and completely wrong. You're listening to idiots again talking about how easy the game is, because they have everything OP'd out, and are really just trying to brag. Stop the arms race, it's stupid, and is at this point, making the game virtually unplayable for solo missions.

This is a very severe step back to the early errors you've made, like the first release of manics.... You guys know better, this is really poor development, and paying attention to the wrong players ... the ones that are going to complain about how easy the game is regardless of what you do. Remember that anyone can choose to use lesser gear to increase challenge. So saying the game is too easy, is simply a lie, or bragging, or whatever. People can intentionally rank down, no one can auto-rank up, so it's a one way street you're choosing to go the wrong direction in. You should aim at increasing player options and inclusiveness, not decrease.

Now if I want to do that void node, I don't have a choice, only certain frames will survive the cheap BS enemies that are thrown at you. Couldn't do it with Nova, because one hit from a nulllifer and she's instantly dead. Not very fun. Oh yeah, and that occurred, while bullet jumping, cuz evidentally your movement factor decrease to enemy accuracy doesn't work anymore. Headshotting a bullet jumping Tenno makes mockery of the notion, yet happened 2 times in one mission. If I have no way to avoid being hit by a one shot killing enemy, where does the fun factor come in, because I'm missing it....? Yes, one of them did do it while primed, as I'd already shot away his bubble, it just didn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't find Mag Prime/Boar Prime or Dakra Prime parts on *any* of my "relics" what happened?

 

(Same appears to go for most of the clan online right now, and most of us had *tons* of keys)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Finishing a portal is literally an RNG mission. I killed the things. I even got double drops from the things because I was cloaked as ivara. I didn't get enough of the things. Luck based missions, a new low. Hotfix @(*()$ when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arrjo said:

A small QoL feature I think everyone would like to see:
Please add the Ducat price of each item on the reward screen.
It's really annoying to find how much things are worth in the wiki list, and you have only 15 seconds to do this.

I agree with this, but I want to add that its also extremely helpful to see how many you have of each reward that is offered (so you can see when an item is new). Its tough remembering for an entire tier which items you do have and which ones you dont, unless you're at the point where you only need a few. Wouldn't want to confuse soma prime receiver with soma prime handle for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the enemies that come from fissures should obey the same spawning rules that the void used to- No Nulifiers and Bombards until tier 3/Neo fissures. Running into so many on a T1 rift was... a shock, to say the least.

I haven't had a problem getting enough of the things you need to close the fissure in time (though I've been sticking to Lith fissures atm). but the rarity that they seem to drop makes me believe that it absolutely can become an issue, especially if it happens to be a survival node and it's competing with air tanks as well.

Also, more buggy things, but I sometimes have trouble getting the fissure to accept the yellow ball in my hand, and the Lotus keeps talking like the fissure is still there even after it's been closed.

Also, can you up the limit to the number of Traces you can have at once? Just so any extra when you hit 100 isn't wasted. Based on the number of Traces I seem to get, 115-120 seems like a nice sweet spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just gonna list my thoughts, because my brain is a bit fried from logging in and trying to get a grip on all the new changes.

 

- Public matchmaking for void seems like a good idea.

- EVERYONE having to use a relic seems like a bad idea. One of the most common things I like to do in Warframe is help friends, and occasionally randoms. This often meant providing entry to various Tower keys, of which I generally had plenty. I never cared about keyshare, I was perfectly fine to use my key to take someone for as many keys as it took to get what they needed, and taking my reward to either get some ducats or sell for plat. Now, it seems that if someone doesn't have any relic for a specific Era, I'm left to say "too bad so sad", and I can't help them out anymore. Unless I go help them farm for the relic piece ( not quite sure how to do that yet outside of Syndicates as little to nothing about this new system was presented in game information wise ). In which case, it makes the whole process take longer, with more steps between the start and the end goal. More grind on my part, more grind on their part. I feel that this takes away from a bit of the community/team aspects of the game.

- Whatever is happening with the whole fissure thing when in one of those missions is insanely hectic and confusing, and again we could have really used better in-game explanation of what to do. Given a few tries and some time, I'm sure it will become second nature eventually, but the introduction to it for the first time felt pretty bad.

- What is the void now? I see that there are missions there, just normal missions now. Have towers been downgraded to just regular non-special places? Lore-wise, I mean. I'm just curious.

- 49058304985 nullifiers popping out of fissures. Its hilarious and I know you can melee them to death, but it just seems excessive. I've never had a problem with nullifiers, I've never whined about them being too hard. It just seems like a bit much, in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foefaller said:

IMO the enemies that come from fissures should obey the same spawning rules that the void used to- No Nulifiers and Bombards until tier 3/Neo fissures. Running into so many on a T1 rift was... a shock, to say the least.

I haven't had a problem getting enough of the things you need to close the fissure in time (though I've been sticking to Lith fissures atm). but the rarity that they seem to drop makes me believe that it absolutely can become an issue, especially if it happens to be a survival node and it's competing with air tanks as well.

Also, more buggy things, but I sometimes have trouble getting the fissure to accept the yellow ball in my hand, and the Lotus keeps talking like the fissure is still there even after it's been closed.

Also, can you up the limit to the number of Traces you can have at once? Just so any extra when you hit 100 isn't wasted. Based on the number of Traces I seem to get, 115-120 seems like a nice sweet spot.

Yeah, can confirm that after completing a fissure, she still talks like there is one. Seems like completing part of your normal mission objective resets the flags on the fissure

Lotus also tells you you've found the fissure when you're several tiles away sometimes. Seems like the line might be conflicting with one of the "get to tha choppa" lines.

I've found I had to jump to get the fissure to accept the ball most of the time, seems like they're too high.

Having nullifiers spawn on top of you is NOT OKAY. Bomards and HGs too, if you aren't invisible or immune to stomps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ran a Void Fissure mission with a listed level of 37-39.  The regular mobs were that level, but when the Void Fissure opened level 55+ mobs came out.  Is that intended, or is it a bug?

 

Also, during a Corpus Void mission, Bursas began to spawn once the fissure was opened.  The VO was saying "The alarms have attracted a bursa," but there were no active alarms on the map, and I had previously killed all the mobs on the map (exterminate mission, so no new mobs could spawn).

 

Coupled with the low reactant drop rates and the high spawns of Nullifiers, it's extremely hard if not impossible to solo these missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marelooke said:

Can't find Mag Prime/Boar Prime or Dakra Prime parts on *any* of my "relics" what happened?

 

(Same appears to go for most of the clan online right now, and most of us had *tons* of keys)

They didn't give out the relics from where Mag, Boar and Dakra drop from..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new system is nice, but I felt more than once confused because of Nullifiers and Bombards spawning suddenly everywhere. It was very chaotic.

Also (but I don't really hope in a positive answer, I'm just throwing the idea) could the reactant be picked up in automatic when you walk on it? Having to stop, pick it up with a quite slow animation and bringing it to the fissure is a bit too much time consuming, considering you're litelly at the center of a swarm of enemies of all kind that wants you dead, especially if you're in solo and have to do it 10 times while also killing enough enemies to drop the thing

My biggest complaint however is that you left the old void, but it's empty. What's the reason to do the old void missions now?

BTW I think it's a great opportunity to expand the enemies from the Void, introducing ones from the old Orokin eras (I think I'll make thread about it)

 

-edit- I feel a bit angry after knowing what you did with Mag, Boar and Dakra Prime. I had plenty of keys to farm them but I waited for this update so I could farm them with the new system since you said keys would be properly converted to Relics. Now I don't have a single Relic which contains one of those things. No one. So now, with little more than 2 weeks in university exam period (ergo, time is a limited resource for me), I should go farm Relics which I don't know where they drop, to farm the Prime parts I'm after. That was a mean move DE :_(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone figured out where you get Mag Prime parts? I still haven't gotten all her parts, and the fact she's not in any of the relics worries me. :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.