Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Taylor

Void 2.0 Feedback [Megathread]

please allow a queue up option that requires all members in the party to have a relic for the mission equipped.

I'm dont like it one bit

i stop playing ...

and there is no resone to do endless Level, and no poing to go to the Void tower the rewards there are stupidly ridicules 

Please fix so reactant gets picked up by carrier, it's annoying to have to run right over them to pick them up when everything else gets sucked up.

only things i dont agree with about the void is the removal of that high credit reward. i understand why it had to be done other than that void is still the same for all other things excluding prime drops. looking forward to seeing what they add to drop tables.

On 31. 7. 2016 at 2:49 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Fissures: A broken, poorly balanced, unfun MESS

1. Enemy spawns: Fissures track the player, spawning enemies right on top of them on larger sections of map. And I mean ON TOP OF the player. As in...new Nullifiers (you know, that poorly thought our, terrible idea you put in the game anyway) can spawn in such a way that you are ALREADY INSIDE the bubble when they spawn. And when they do this, its ALWAYS in conjunction with Bombards and Ancients, and all their (also poorly thought out) knockdown spam.

2. Ruining the flavor of Factions: Fissures were SUPPOSED to corrupt already existing enemies. Instead, they've just become a reason to spawn ALL OF the most b\obnoxious garbage in Warframe in the same mission, over and over again. They're a steady stream of the same annoyances - Nullifiers, Bombards and Ancients - on every map, across ALL factions. Its utterly ridiculous and I frankly cannot believe this kind of endless repetition got past QA - except then I remember, PC players ARE the QA, apparently (except where Nullifiers are concerned, since they remain in the game against the wishes of virtually you entire community).

3. They still require us to run missions we would not otherwise choose to: Face it, star map missions, while they offer some cool tilesets and interesting levels, are...useless. Most of what drops there we have in droves or dont need at all. Without the Fissures, we would NEVER choose to run these missions again. WITH the Fissures, all you are doing is reminding us of hour useless this mission would otherwise be to veteran or even players who have been here a shorter while.

4. They dont bring new Gameplay: Warframe's game play is BEYOND stale. We've been running the same missions, with zero (good, enjoyable) variation for the last year or so. The only changes you made were making Capture worse (artificial, unexplained, obnoxious power immunity, again) and making Sabotage more frustrating (either turning it into yet ANOTHER defense missions, or the Fire Escape scenario, which is tedious and annoying (and those are the polite words for having us automatically take fire damage constantly, because THAT might actually be the one idea you've had lately that was WORSE than Nullifiers). 

After several days of running Fissures, I am once again burned out. On the same old maps. The same old missions. The same tired, frustrating, cheap, poorly designed enemies. There's nothing fun about constant bubbles. Knockdown spam. Irritating, poorly thought out spawn mechanics. About Reactant and its not being shared, and thus enabling trolling. Indeed, while the current iteration of Fissures raises the bar over the first implementation, that's sort of like winning the high jump at a limbo competition. 

This whole system is a disaster, from Reactant and its not being shared to the over use of cheap enemies and their spawn points, to being forced to run missions we would otherwise never run...its just a disaster from start to finish.

Wasn't it better before when everyone had to wait for each other, so you didn't just run behind someone else collecting relics? and you had to find a fissure, and when you opened it, it made the cool wave and then you knew, what you are doing - you had to fight with really tough enemies - comming from the void - and win, to be able to close the fissure - wasn't that more dynamic as you was always saying that you want?

If it would corrupt everything (as it is now anyway) it would just transform random groups of enemies into something different - so the only change would be different enemies in a tileset - isn't it actually the same kind of missions?

If it was frustrating for some players (I cannot see reasons, but let's say it could be), they could just adjust it. Or leave it for some kind of missions atleast :(. Players wanted variability anyway, so there could be more of different ways, how the fissures could work - different for different types of missions, so it would fit them also.

For endless missions it could have more of those fights, the next one always tougher, so it wouldn't be for farming, because it would be challenging, but still be still there, available for players who want challenges and to be rewarded.

Edit:

typoes

And thanks for destroying the fun for other players... 

On 2016. 08. 01. at 2:53 PM, ShadowFox14 said:

So what I've seen on the forums shows that I'm not alone when I say that I was expecting something very different from the current Relic system. About half of the community likes the current system, but the other half thinks it's way worse than it was. Basically saying we have little to no reason to do anything in Warframe at the moment.

This is the reason why I've decided to write a Forum thread about my personal idea of what it could've been.

So first things first:

-Fissure missions would have a different reason: to obtain Relics. The idea of alert-like missions is fine, but it could be way more different and less repetitive.
There could be more variety and lore-friendly ways of obtaining Relics, as of:
These missions would be available on Grineer/Corpus tilesets.
The missions's description would tell us that the Corpus/Grineer have found a Relic (maybe even the specific relic type, like Axi A1 or w/e) so you have to head there and pretty much steal the relic that they've found. On each map, there would be a Void-gate like on every Void Sabotage mission, but the other way around.

• Capture: the enemies are searching for the Relic in the Void, we have to find the Scout, eliminate him, then find the Relic.
  • Sabotage: go through the Void-gate, search for the Relic, then destroy the enemy ship along with the Void-gate device.
  • Spy: enemy has information on the exact location of a Relic, gather their intel and find the relic based on the information.
  • Excavation/Defense: no Void-gate, but a simple excavation at a specific point, defending 1 extractor until it digs the Relic out.
  • Mobile Defense: defend the consoles until the Lotus gathers the intel on the Relic's whereabouts, then head to the Relic.
  • Hijack: the enemy has collected the Relic and is about to extract it in a vehicle, we have to steal the Vehicle and extract it ourselves.
  • Interception: once again, steal the data by reaching 100 points faster than the enemy team, then get through the Void-gate to find the Relic.
  • Survival: survive until another Tenno Operative finds the Relic, then extract.

-Once you obtain the specific Relic, you have to crack it open, but with my idea, the Void would have a reason to be played again.
Void Traces. Yes, I would keep the Void Traces, but in a very different way.
Void Traces would be dropped by the Corrupted in any Void mission. ANY Void mission. Each corrupted unit would have a low chance of dropping a Void Trace, the higher the level, the higher the chance. Eximus units would have a slightly higher drop-chance.

-So you get the Void Traces, then what do you do with them?
You infuse them into your Relic, on your ship. If you want a common drop, you infuse 25. You want an uncommon drop, you infuse 50. And 100 Void Traces would guarantee a rare drop.

So why would this be a good system?

1. Not repetitive. The misson types would rotate like the current Fissure missions, but you don't have to do the same mini-game over and over again 100 times.
  2. Void wouldn't be pointless (yes, I know, you can get Relics there now... Amazing...) and people could go to ANY mission type they want, because Void Traces would drop on every single mission. You want survival? Go ahead. You prefer Defense? You got it. Capture, Extermination? It's all there.
  3. Less grind. Each Relic could have 2-3 common, 2-3 uncommon and 2-3 rare drops attached to it, so you would have 25% or 33.3% chance each time you infuse your Void Traces to obtain what you desire.
  4. More rewarding to everyone. There are people who prefer the current system because it's less grindy. But there's the other half of the community, who are planning to leave the game or just don't find it fun anymore, even more repetitive than before. This way you could do anything you want and get  what you want.

There might be some fine-tuning needed, because this system could fasten up obtaining Prime Parts compared to the old, or even the current version, but that's not impossible to do. Just a few more numbers to add.

For now, this is pretty much what I came up with, thanks for reading and hope DE reads this as well, as a way of expressing my feedback on the current system, speaking in the name of many.
Feel free to ask questions, and I'm open for criticism.

I just realized that my thread has been moved here. Fine, I guess...

Please stop spawning enemies from Fissures. It's causing Heavies and Nullifiers to drop on top of players again. Just stock to corrupting enemies already in the mission.

Other than that...I'm coming round to liking the new system. I really am.

Never would have run ODD or T4 Int. But now, I still have Ash, Nova, Trinity and Vectis prime. So yeah...warming up to it.

I'm going to be short and simple, New voids great, Void fissures is a terrible name in my opinion.
Why not rename it Void Anomalies? It sounds much better honestly, plus you wont have people being scared for life is they mistype for googling ...and it sounds way cooler.

29 minutes ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

I'm going to be short and simple, New voids great, Void fissures is a terrible name in my opinion.
Why not rename it Void Anomalies? It sounds much better honestly, plus you wont have people being scared for life is they mistype for googling ...and it sounds way cooler.

Fissure:  a long, narrow opening or line of breakage made by cracking or splitting, especially in rock or earth.

Anomaly:  something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.

Anomaly in science fiction as well as theoretical science is something that is torn open generally by an unknown or powerful force and is arip in space and tip, usually works like a portal which ususally doesnt last as they can collapse in on themselves, though im sure you already knew that right?

10 hours ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

Anomaly in science fiction as well as theoretical science is something that is torn open generally by an unknown or powerful force and is arip in space and tip, usually works like a portal which ususally doesnt last as they can collapse in on themselves, though im sure you already knew that right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomaly . i know what an anomaly in science fiction is and fissure still fits better. i gave you both definitions and a wiki read up take it for what it is or dont. imo fissure works best and i also like the sound of it but void rift or void tear would also have been acceptable.

Fissure doesnt apply to things floating in the air generally, I still think Anomalies sounds better, technically  they could be called Anomalies anyway, and im still waiting on Friggen Corrupted captain vor to pour out with a horde of corrupted and some big revenge plot, maybe it could be archwing? maybe now that the solar rails are active the corpus want to use them for profit but vay hek could want to control them instead to spread grineer forces faster...maybe vor causes a big vortex from the void and corrupted enemies pour into space with corrupted style guns and you fight ing a big crossfire swaping between archwing and normal as you go from ship to ship dealing with problems? like when you pop out of the water in uranus but in space   maybe something like this  ---> 

youll have to click it as its too big for the box thing

Can you please just bind reactant pickup to group, instead of per player. Christ I'm so sick of playing through fissure, and not finding enough reactant/fissures while other players do, and just sit on the exit.

I end up not doing the "Mission" at all, and just run backwards through the damn level looking for fissures/reactant... Its becoming a really bad bloody experience for me, to the point where I do _not_ want to play this mode at all. But am forced to, in order to unlock higher syndicate tiers or whatever.

Hey, watched the dev stream, yesterday and i was kinda disappionted and scared, that there was no mentioning of the void system, no "we know its broken, we are working on it" or any other comment of this sort. The new quest are coming fine and good, but this suggests to me the system as it stands will not be changed soon. I hope thats not the case. already wrote somestuff in the specter of the rail megathread, but thats was with the old void2.0 and general,so wanted to give my impression with the new thing. I'm m19, so some things might be different for other players. Please keep in mind,thats my personal impression of the void system.

So the change from fissures to random spawning points sounded good in the stream and i was really hopeful, that this would make the missions more enjoyable and increase the gameflow and remove or lighten the second obective route the void/fissure system was taking. Well now i still find me disliking the new system and there are several reasons in no particular order:

- reactant/void traces and the carrier:

i like my carrier, i play with him, couse i dont care when he pulls stuff in or if i'm only missing 5 energie and consume the 25 energie orb. As long as stuff gets pick up, without me caring about it when i do my thing all is good. i choose this gameplaystyle by picking carrier with vakuum. The reactants not being picked up is a pain and questions my decision to use carrier in the first place. The first part of all void missions i run around killing enemys by completing some kind of runing after numbers parcours. Which is ridiculous and takes all the flow out of the game. The design decision to not make them not pullable must have been to give players the control over when to overcharge their gear by picking up reactants and that i totaly understand. But i have carrier,because i dont care about that, i couse that as a player, so please let me live with my misery^^ A simple solution would be to add an option in the menu to toggle vakuum compatibility for these reactants in your options menue. So each player would choose if he wants this feature or not. i dont know if thats possible, but would like that as an option.

- reactant the hidden second objective:

during the first new void system it kinda creeped up and i thought it was just the try to bring in a new ressouce. But it seems like the secound mission objective is a musst have for the new void system. So what i mean by second objective. Before in the old void you did your mission and got the reward as prime parts. Your gold was to capture,defende, extrerminate and so on. You did one mission,this had one goal. every player knew the goal and was striving to finish it. Yes sabotage mission had a special place, but this was one missiontype and was usally not a problem (never failed a sabotage with random groups). With the picking up of reactants or closing fissure like before we have 2 objectives to complete, the normal mission one and the void/prime partreward one. if you fail the normal you dont get the prime part, if you fail your prime part objective (picking up reactants) you dont get jack. I have failed fissure missions with the new system, not because the mission where super hard,but because players activated mission objectzives and the fissures at the same time. With the new running around picking up reactants, this hasn't happend to me, but i only played one exterminate so far. But the system in itself has a way higher chance of failure,because there are 2 obcejtive for ´players to do. if you are playing in a random group this devides them.  Higher failrate frustrates players. i can imagine the decision is to make void missions special by adding this secound goal to achieve in comparision to normal starmap missions. thats fine, but why not make it a pure 2 part mission. there should only be one goal active to fail/complete, so the party is united. everyone runing around killing stuff to get their reactants full in the first minutes, seems kinda messy and dosn't support the coop/party style of the game itself. On the other hand,there are otherways to make void mission unique,as just by adding new goals, but more to that at the end.

- the grind:

i personly can only do like 1-2 fissure missions and i'm tired of the farm. It's not rewarding,the missions are always the same: go in, kill enemys till you got 10/10 reactants, do the rest. I could do 10 shorter old void mission,before i asked myself are you tired of the grind. This questions stand nowdays before i even click the fissure symbol at the starmap... As a solution i find myself doing spy mission, i can crack the vaults which is a bit of fun,i got some fun stuff to do and get some additional rewards and dont lose out on relics in the process. The thing is before if you are tired to farm for part x, you could do other void missions,which where completly different, you had another goal, you could switch from doing 20mins survials to doing fast captures. the goal was not the same, with the reactant and this ties in with the second objective point from above - you have partwise always every mission the same goal, collect reactants to get your prime part. Having a capture, def or other dosn't change it. This makes missions for me super unrewarding and condeses the whole fissure/void system to one missiontype. I can not really see how/why players would find that a fun system, maybe it's just me. At the end this makes the feel of the grind harder, it does not matter what the real time consumption is compared to the old system, it's a unrewareading ever repeating system, which leads to faster burn out in my eyes. It's a pain for me to get the ducats for baro and i must force myself to play some fissure to end up with ducats...

- the partysearch:

i'm playing in the german region and there the recruitment chat is basicly dead. I hoped myself,that the introduction with the display of the relics each player had equiped would change that and it didnt. maybe the new prime release and need to farm for new relics will change that,but i dont really see that coming. It's impossible to find help for new players. Just remove the auto que for void/fissure missions and this problem would be solved. because at the moment a fissure mission takes like around 5minutes to complete. I have the option to search players with a matching relic in a dead recruitment chat, checking if they have the same relic i ask for, and first of all finding them, takes way more then 5min in the german chat XD OR i can just do fissures with random groups and have done like 2 fissure missions at the time i have found a full party and run one with them. assuming you would have found a party. the no auto party option for the void worked before and did a lot for the community/chat activity, which helped newer players. I can't imagine a solo player finding a groupd for vault runs at the german chat after specters of the rail. it seems impossible to get this mods other then with a hughe time and ressouce investment if you would do this solo.

- the equipment overcharge strangeness:

sounded really nice and fun and it is - kind of. I personly dont need the feature it brings in terms of achieving the mission goal/killing enemys. So for me thats just a fun thing to have. it is a gimick. i can live without and sadly does not alleviate pressure fromt he enemys, couse the missions are not hard. What i mean by that the not relaoding is fine,but since most enemys die so fast it does not mattter. The energy/channeling for frame/meele is good,but it changes nothing. The thing with this overcharge at the moment is, that you one shot/kill stuff so fast with higher mr, that you dont have any difference if you have the bonus or not. the challenge to make this feature fun is simply missiong from the game mode it is in. another thing is it only activates once per mission and after you picked up reactants, which makes sense,but defeates the purpose it want to have. what i mean is: so where do i get the reactant to get your stuff charged, hm i kill stuff. So i kill enemys without overcharge to fill up my reactants to get my overarchged. after i killed all enemys i collect this stuff and get overcharged. So then i can use my overcharge to, well kill stuff. But are there enemys left if i already have my 10 reactants full? yes maybe, most missions there are. But why would i kill more enemys, i got my 10 reactants, i got my prime. I grind for a specific prime part or ducats. So i wanne do a bunch of fissure missions. I dont wanne wait each mission after i basicly did my objective (collecting reactants) and stick around even longer to use a buff i dont longer need, because stuff i needed to do is done. so yeah. it's kind of a strange design in my eyes. Yes most times you do the secound objective fater you collected your reactants, but this argument cann't really be the answer here i feel. And there where several bugs, like overcharging ivaras artemis bow^^

- gametime, "endgame"-playtime per relic:

endgame means here for me just farming the prime parts,which is part of the endgame. Not refering to the enemy levels here. So as pointed out by others, you have no incentive to stay over 5min in survail, 5waves in defense or 100 cryo in excavation. This basiclly makes each fissure mission to a short mission, spedning about 5mins per mission,sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, depending on party, missiontype and so on. each time my key is used,so per key i farm i get 5mins of endgame content playtime so to speak. the old void the capture would be faster, but i feel exterminate,sabo, mobile def would be longer or around 5min, so the same as the current system. And defense,survial, and intercept would usally end up being longer. So farming keys per farm run would get you most time an equal or  more often higher time you could spend in endgame content. This dooes not mention the time you could spend by being part of a party from other players. Which means you spend most of your time playing in endgame, what i assume here most ppls strive to do. And you do less time in farming relics/keys. Now you get about the same time you spend for farming the relics. everyone need to farm keys, you spend more of your precentage playtime in farming keys. so why is there such a rush to make fissure missions more entertaining? i spend a long time before the update to farm void keys and now it will most likely be even more if i choose to run the fissure frequently. I tend to find the excavations to farm relics(keys quite okay or enjoyable to farm. so its okay to a point. But the new void sets way higher bars in terms of time you need to spend in this missions for relics and getting playtime.

- the keyshare:

i dont saw the keyshare problem before really. yes you could not check,but you knew it was no perfect system. You took the risk, you could easly farm for the keys. and later one getting/farming keys was not really a problem. Most players have no problem farming keys and offering to take players/make a group. So the only time where you would really end up keysharing would be mesa farm, and low and behold it is still the old keyshare system... i dont get this argument,sry. if your time pressed to make a keyshare group to get stuff really fast, well you got your wish. but i felt warframe wasn't this type of game and hope it wouldn't be. It was/is possible to get all stuff for free, and it is not such a grindfest like other f2p game to get to cashshop viable stuff. so why not make a keyshare party option in the top, you check it and dont, new screen,keys get pooled.all good.

- the hunt/farm for primes achievement:

i farmed all my primes partes myself. It was sometimes a pain, sometimes super frustrating. but you could get them, you got them yourself, you embarked on an insane journey to complete your inventory and that makes the game interessting. With the new void you get stuff faster/easier thats a fact. So you get your new prime weapon good, i took you only like 1day to farm. are you proud that you got it,well not really with the new void. After the new void system launched i completed 3 rare sets within the first days of farming, which would have taken my like a week with the old void. I was super happy to get t4 sabo keys from hierachon pluto and way happier to get my recievers after my 2nd sabo run key batch. I love the weapons, not because of the stats and its a good weapon itseld, but to a large party because it took a journey and obstacles to get them. With the new void you basiclly say, i want .... and then you start farming and get it in the first day. So the whole achievement, progression is missing. the game progression is part of the enjoyment for most players. And yes its good at first that new players get primes easier and they will feel super cool about it. But will they remember farming for a specific item in 20 t4 defs, not really. they will say yeah i got the prime xyz, it was easy bro. cool weapon/frame. thats it. the system as it stand dosn't build a community,couse it support short term playability of the game. with no obstacles thing get worthless (and i dont mean plat here).

- summary:

just the feedback part at the moment, will maybe later write more. maybe forgot some stuff. dont know kinda tiredm, deleted half my text XD. Love the game,  but please fix/change the current void, there are a bunch of good suggestions, will maybe write later stuff for that too. and please say something like, we are working on the void system. thought dev streams is for this^^. And maybe delay/scrap the updates like titania,war within, i know ppls are waiting for that, but i believe much more would be happier if we would have a working fun and enjoyable endgame prime farming system,not this mess ;) so fight on tenno

I love the new Mot survival. It's a bit harder than t4, it has a higher starting rank and it's a real fun to do a solo run. I wanted to try out my opticor and surprisingly with chroma it held up all the way to 40-50 minute mark. Then I pushed myself a little bit, died a few times but managed to reach the 60 minute mark. 

And this is what I got for staying 60 minutes of orokin survival (you'll probably know without opening the image).

Spoiler

RaiPcOLy7Wg.jpg

DE, please give me something to work with. Me, I'm just a rank 18. I still have a tiny bit of something that I don't have in the game. That one last gun to forma, that one last mod to max. But there are people in the game who still play but they literally have NOTHING to do. For a lot of them endless missions were the last fun, endgame. The only final test of their skills and builds. We don't have that anymore. Why? Because what little we had for doing endless missions is gone. There's just no point doing them.

There is no reward for any effort in the game right now.

DE, please, bring endless missions back. Void just doesn't work without them.

my one request is that the minimum traces you get per mission either = mr or 10 as a minimum because getting six in one mission is quite infuriating. other then that love the new system.

I will keep this post positive and constructive.

I want it to be read and at least cause some consideration, and so there is no bashing or malign commentary.

Two Thoughts:

1. Fissure mission reward calculation does not seem very engaging and can be frustrating.
  2. Void is not so special anymore since keys are gone / rewards are not "optimal".

1. Fissures and Traces:

Objective issues first:

• Joining a partially completed fissure mission can cause a user to be unable to collect enough reactant for their relic, and must wait (teammates can be impatient and trigger End Of Mission early).
  • In-mission performance has no bearing on EOM void trace rewards, and so longer and endless style fissure missions are not ever desirable to play.
  • Purely random relic rewards with no recourse for dissatisfying results or in the pursuit of risk vs. reward can be discouraging and lead to sooner disinterest / burn-out.

Suggestions for these issues:

• Set reactant collection as a party pool, rather than per-individual: all users now cooperate to fill their relics and late-joiners will not be left out.
  • Award void traces based on kills / affinity at EOM; if the void trace reward must be limited to a maximum amount per mission, let the users know when they have reached this maximum so they do not feel they are wasting time or effort.
  • Allow users to re-roll their relic rewards by staying in endless missions longer or some other mechanic (one idea below).

Relic Re-rolling idea:

• Fissure missions can be special in that the longer a user stays, the more "unstable" the area becomes.
  • Every time the relic is re-rolled, a new hazard is added to the level to create a more difficult battlefield in addition to the typical enemy level scaling over time. These hazards could be randomized and similar to those of Hive and Sabotage missions, or something unique to the void corruption.
  • For endless missions, the re-roll opportunity is every 5min or 5 waves or 1 interception. This adds a new hazard to the area and the mission continues.
  • For sprint and extermination missions, EOM offers the re-roll opportunity. This adds a new hazard to the area and causes a time-distortion through which the Tenno are sent back in time to the beginning of the mission, but with the newly expanded set of hazards in play.
  • This way, the users would feel that re-rolling is a risk, but might be worth the effort if they did not get what they initially wanted from a refined relic.

2. The Special Void:

This thought is separate from the above, as it asks for a different (but mostly parallel) direction to the void, fissures, and traces.

I think the void was special because users needed a key to enter (Vor in his prophetic speeches of T4 celebrated this as one reason for fighting the Tenno) and the immaculate gold and white setting was stark contrast to all the gritty, ruined industrial tilesets more common around the star map. Nice break for the eyes! Nice rewards and cool secrets being part of this experience were encouraging, too.

It is now easily accessed and the rewards are not very competitive with more popular farming nodes like Heiracon, Pluto. The void is a place to collect Argon Crystals only, meaning only newer players will be visiting the first available nodes, and only a few times then never again. I think it is a shame for the void to not be more popular.

• Please consider the possibility of having void traces collectible (even exclusively) at the void nodes instead of fissure alerts; this change would increase traffic to the void.
  • Please also consider an expendable Void Key being required for entry to any void node; this Void Key would be generic (enable entry to any void node) and could be crafted from unwanted relics.
  • With the added requirement of a key for access, please also increase the credit reward amount for void missions!

If the above are implemented, the following would likely be a result:

1. More users would play in the void tileset to collect traces as a means to upgrade relics that have desired parts.
  2. Users would no longer feel pressure to always have a junk-relic equipped for fissure missions in which they only want traces (as they may have been grouped with someone who wants multiple chances at a specific prize).
  3. Users would expend unwanted relics to create void keys for the opportunities to collect traces in their mission type of choice, helping remove relic surplus from the system and alleviating the preference-gate for shorter fissure missions.
  4. Users could intuitively look to the void for a reliable source of credits in exchange for an unwanted relic, as was with the previous system.
  5. Traces would be collected from the void, and prime parts / forma would be collected from fissures - users would pick one or the other depending on their needs instead of going to one activity for everything and burning out there.

I hope this has given some ideas. Thanks for reading!

Exceptional and Flawless Relics need a purpose.

With the current way that drop chance is upgraded by refining (Common chance gets reduced, Uncommon and Rare both increase at the same time) I see no point in using 25 or 50 Void Trace, especially now that we can hold over 100 and can farm it without using Relics.  When the new batch of Prime items is released & spread across new Relics I'll be upgrading the Relics that I need Rare items from to Radiant as soon as I get them and even if I only want the Uncommon item from the Relic I'll still want it to be Radiant as that has the best chance for a specific Uncommon as well.

In my opinion Radiant Relics should have a lower chance than they currently do for Uncommons but a slightly improved chance of the Rare.  This would make it a bit more of a gamble as you'd be more likely to get either the top reward or the bottom rewards with less chance than current for the middle rewards.  Exceptional & Flawless could then also have their drop chances tweaked, prehaps leave Flawless as is (or bring it a bit closer to current Radiant levels) so it would be the all-rounder option with decent chance of Uncommon or Rare but not be the best option for both, good budget choice if you need items from both rarities or want them for Ducats but not the best if hunting a specific item.  Exceptional could then have an increased Uncommon chance to make it the one most likely to give a desired Uncommon reward but without a high chance at Rare.

in spy mission based fissure runs, please stop rifts opening inside the data-vault area! it annoys me to no end that every few datavault i enter in perfekt stealth a rift opens and some idiot corruped sets oft the alarm - not even because one of them actually saw me there. btw, why the heck do corrupted even use the alarm consoles? they are bloody corrupted with no reason at all to do so...

anyway, there is no need for rifts to open inside data vaults or inside a prison area too - normally i have 10 reactants already b4 two minutes are past (i don't mind more rifts opening, but NOT inside those mentioned areas!)

I have an super cool idea for endless missions... okay for suv missions. You can now collet those fragments, but what if u get all 5min the chance to get a void item. The dropprate of those fragment things will raise with enemie level and the amount u need will increase all 5min, but the droprate will increase slower then the amount u need to get the stuff. I dont know if this idea was listet or not, but I realy dont want to read the pages hehe....

I want to grind my suv missions again for loot.... I like to melee only with Scindo Prime bae... and now its not worse to stay solo for an hour...

and btw I am realy excited  for the new frame... arch-melee system in normal missions :3 and the glyphs.... peace symbol would be cool if u rush a boss and then kill the boss and then u are away and ppl go to boss room because of loot and see the peace symbol.... will be so cool

Seriously, just stop spawning Ancients, Bombards and Nullifiers with EVERY fissure.

The whole idea behind this rework was that people were bored facing the same thing every time they went looking for Prime parts.

So now...you spawn the EXACT SAME STUFF every time we go looking for Prime parts...

Congrats...months of work to take the SAME problem...and move it to different maps.

Seriously, why bother?

Okay...I like this refining of relics thing. I DO NOT like going though all my relics like candy. We need new ways to grind traces, okay? So we DON'T use up our relics while just farming freaking TRACES. Let enemies in the void drop void traces. It even makes more sense!

Hello.  Long time player, first time poster.  I've tested the new void system thoroughly and here is my feedback.

1.) Void changes have flat-out removed content:  As mentioned previously in this thread there is no reason to stay past 5 minutes; leaving players who joined "late" (literally a margin of 2-3 minutes) are unable to gather enough reactant.  Hour long survivals were at least something to do, they had a risk/reward mechanic that is now absent in the game.  In addition rewards overall got nerfed; everything got shunted to the "normal mission" reward tables.  There's no challenge or incentive to play the game the way I used to.  The concept of Void fissures has potential but currently does not provide or build upon what was taken away. 

Suggestion:  Add random sub-missions to fissures with appropriate rewards.  For example you enter a normal fissure survival but instead of having the fissure generate enemies the tenno would activate the void fissure.  When activation occurs both sides of the portal are given a sub-mission and the players figure out how to allocate manpower to accomplish said goals.  Back to the survival example: the Tenno activate the void fissure and inside the fissure an assassin type mission rolled (from a potential pool of mission types); kill X target(s) in a time limit.  On the planet side of the fissure a defense mission is rolled; you need to guard the portal or else it will collapse and kill the tenno who are assassinating targets.  Each target slain gives a reward but if you stay too long or everyone in the void dies you lose the reward.  While this whole thing is going on "bosses" can spawn at intervals; Enemies can construct portals/communication relays that let them call in bigger reinforcements that forces the Tenno defenders to move around and not sit there like a lump. 

Ideally you have scenarios you can randomly generate and add together.  Another example you have an exterminate mission and you enter a void that rolls (sabotage + Rescue).  One side gets sabotage and the other rescue with a time limit for the objectives. 

TLDR:  Give us a reason to want to stay and play.  Give us a challenge, a sense of urgency, or a sense of accomplishment.  Most importantly keep us on our toes.   Please stop giving us 5 minutes of the same game.  

2.) Void changes have created a barrier for player PUGs:  Everyone now needs a key.  Groups tend to demand radiant-specific keys.  Random groups are informal by nature.  The new void changes do not mesh well with informal PUGs.  The new void style of play feels like a more intense version of key sharing since I now need a specific key and void traces.  In addition, unlike key sharing I get 1 reward out of 4 keys.  PUGing now is very sparse, mainly to get traces to refine specific keys.  Farming traces is a boring barrier that feels mandatory.  Boring leads to burn out. This isn't even mildly boring; this a mind-numbingly boring and it's mandatory.

Suggestion:  Add a play mode that lets you 'pilfer' the void.  You catch the corpus/grineer doing their torsion beam thing, you kill them and hijack their key.  Now you enter a randomly generated void mission that plays like the "old school" void; a random void mission with a random reward table.  Thematically this mission type fits how space ninja's would do things.  This eliminates the barrier to entry problem of void fissures and allows me to bring along friends/noobs without losing any potential rewards.  Fissures target specific parts (serious farm) and still have a role in the game; I really feel an option for random void reward tomfoolery is missing. 

To build on this you could use void traces/reactant to modify the torsion beam to add challenges to increase the potential pay off.  Again, the concept of random challenges to keep players engaged.

TLDR:  Casual groups were a good thing.  Please give a mission type compatible with it.

I hope this feedback was clear and concise (I need more coffee).  Thank you for your time reading.