Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void 2.0 Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

this update makes the 1 thing i like in this game gone, i used to play t4 defense all the time, and now WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? also they name everything bullS#&$ names like "MESO FISSURE" like what was wrong with the tower system. DE you should've just done a weapon re-balance update, where you basically buff a good bit of weapons like the dual toxocysts or 50% of the guns.

This has been said before but can we make the actual Void maps not useless by having them drop void traces? Traces could replace nav coordinates in the Void, or Argon crystals could decay into traces, or Traces could be end-of-mission rewards, or they could replace control modules as a rare drop. I get that DE wants us to play tilesets other than the Orokin one, but there is a good portion of the player base that liked at least some of the old Void system. Letting them farm Traces that way, even if it isn't as efficient as grinding fissure missions, would probably help bring back some of that love.

Capture, Capture, Rescue, Rescue, Capture. Corpus and Void ONLY.

Its been this way for days, raising some serious questions:

-Why should we only see 4-6 Fissures at once?

-What happened to a focus on variety? Those people running for Prime parts, have run nothing but Capture and Rescue missions, 90% of them on Corpus maps, for DAYS. 

-Who thought it was a good idea to tell us what we are allowed to grind for and how to go about it, at any one time anyway? Wasnt this THE VERY PROBLEM this update was supposed to FIX?

Under the previous system, if you wanted a certain Prime part...you had to run Survival or Capture all day. For days.

Under THIS system, if you want a certain Prime Part, you have to run Rescue or Capture. For Days.

How has this fixed ANYTHING at ALL?

Ok i go away a couple of months trying not to get burned out on the relentless grinding, come back and u19 is here, That's great glad it's here. Only the void is locked to me why? I had every planet unlocked and on my rank 20 account all the nodes done.

Ok i did the mission on earth and mars now all the gates or what ever are unlocked to me, except the void, and all those are unlocked as well except the missions themselves.

There are 3 missions i was able to do and can't do any of the rest on both of my accounts, What gives ?

After nearly 2 years of game play 8 to 16 hours a day, playing the game, teaching people this game, taking people around when they really needed help and showing the ropes of the game to who ever asked. Why is these missions seemingly locked out to me? that i had done hundreds of times before. on both accounts.

Is this a new bug as i noticed the credit booster is bugged as well ( of which you pay real moneys for even if it's is plat. ) I don't trade much due to the insane gouge system that's inplace.

Or is this something i'm not doing right with the new system ?

Being there isn't a thing much less a TUT on this NEW system, that i can find of Which should have been put in place in the Codex to help players get use to the new in the game  (Shame on you DE) just throw your players to the wolves, i guess to see how many will stay, sort of system ?

So how do i get from point A to point B now to play in the void?

I sort of think that DE should create a little bit higher spawn chances for the reactant on Void Fissure missions, because I've soloed the same mission multiple times in order to get prime parts, but it has proven to be giving too little of a payout to even get to 70% sealed. 

It drives me crazy using these balls that you should equip before missions.
Why you ask?
Because when I click to connect to a mission and then have to click on the ball thing  and confirm it, it dissconnects me A LOT of the time seconds later and I have to redo it. After this has happend 5 times in a row you might just be screwed over anyway as the game starts and you haven't selected anything because you got dissconnected right before and had no selection. Then you play without and get nothing, or you leave if there is time, or you leave after entering the mission....of course after you've waited to load and then you wait some more to get back to what you tried to do and then you click again and again and again to wait some more and maybe you can play.

Void 2.0 is not quite what I expected; I had imagined that the fissures would take us to the Void tileset and back again to the regular mission. Instead we have this weird mini-game where we kill a few spawning ads and chuck some balls in a hole. I feel this is going to get very boring, very quickly.

Also, I'm sure when the Starchart redesign was in progress we were told that the void as a location would not be present, yet there is still a Void on the Starchart, but why? I don't understand it's purpose if you still need a Fissure to use the Relics. What do you need to go there for? Argon Crystals, some mods? Why not use the Void as a way to attain Relics?

Honestly I feel Void 2.0 was just a rushed a bit, it could certainly do with some refinement.

The Relic system does seem to work in respect to giving players some control over the drops we require, albeit still with an element of RNG.

Edited by JCBeastie

47 minutes ago, Lactamid said:

It drives me crazy using these balls that you should equip before missions.
Why you ask?
Because when I click to connect to a mission and then have to click on the ball thing  and confirm it, it dissconnects me A LOT of the time seconds later and I have to redo it. After this has happend 5 times in a row you might just be screwed over anyway as the game starts and you haven't selected anything because you got dissconnected right before and had no selection. Then you play without and get nothing, or you leave if there is time, or you leave after entering the mission....of course after you've waited to load and then you wait some more to get back to what you tried to do and then you click again and again and again to wait some more and maybe you can play.

I also dont like the way relics are equiped. There is always a chance that i forget or dont have time to carefully pick my relic. And every match i need to do it, even if it is same relic. Sometimes i need to equip it twice before matchmaking succed.

Derelict Dragon Key mechanic would be better.

Hi,

Can't we have real Check on used KEYs ?

You put one update, without real date or annoucement you launch it... it's fully bugged and totaly digusting about faith in a community that are using the lack of information to leech other and ruin the credibility of the community ...

At least put the same system as dragon key, make player add the key on their warframe inventory, like that we can see what key each play is using... i'm bored of troll and leechers ...

BTW it will also prevent player to go inside fissure without key since all the party will be aware of it.

Edited by Sevane

Just ran 3 lith missions and every time it would time out at 80 or 90% completion. I only play solo and I'm never getting any reactant. Either increase the time by 30 seconds or change the reactant drop rate. This is really frustrating beating down all the spawns as soon as they appear and not getting anything. How was this supposed to be an improvement? I have no reason to go into the Void any more and I can't get Primes the new way.

Ok Finaly . On Pc my complet Clan is out of the game. 60 Members dont Play Warframe. One or Two online, they say i come for Boni. And me? I Have Luck, i have a Ps4 Account and Play Void before Ps4 become the new Void System. And them? No Void, no Warframe, The Members on Ps4 say it too.

Why DE WHY???

On 7/12/2016 at 1:46 PM, ra9una said:

snip

Okay, we've had the update for a while now, I feel that I'm fairly well positioned to make a case for myself and properly illustrate my point of view. Unfortunately, I'm not. To make a really good case, I would need to have played with the system a little more, the have the experience, but while I want to, and have specific primes I want to farm, I'm just too frustrated with the system to log in and play. I'm busy, and that certainly doesn't help, but if I can make the time to make a post here I can make the time to play, I just don't want to, and that is mostly due to the void changes.

Something that leapt out at me this morning, as I did a little math, was that traces virtually do not decrees the number of runs required to get a specific part, their true value is in preserving the rare relics by farming traces and only ruining radiant relics. This, while not a system I like, seems like good design, until I tried farming something. Getting keyshares, is incredibly hard if you aren't farming something new or about to be vaulted. I'm not sure if this is something new to the system, but I don't remember ever having this problem before. But beyond finding a keyshare, which I've had no luck with in the handful of hours I've tried, there is a supplemental problem, try finding a radiant keyshare for a relatively unpopular relic. I can live with this new system, I've said it before, it has it's advantages, but the main take-away I've found requires that you be farming the same part as three of your friends, or be farming highly sought after parts. This may seem inconsequential, but when I mentioned I wasn't playing, it's because of this. I'm trying, desperately, to enjoy the new system, but I can't, because there just isn't anyone out there running the relics I want to run. The truth is, there are people there, I'm just not in contact with them and there aren't enough of them that I can stumble across them in recruit chat.

Other than that particularly frustrating experience, I can't say I have much more to say at the time. I'm looking forward to the tweaks DE make because I believe the system has potential, but I just have trouble enjoying it as is.

2 hours ago, ra9una said:

snip snip

Tbh i think its actually better to either run unranked relic keyshares (easier to find allegedly) or if u do farm with Radiant ones, u will need to make 4 runs with 1 person bringing a radiant relic each time one by one (sort a like old keyshare, u still go in order, but one by one, instead of bringing 4 radiant relics at the same time), otherwise chances of a highly desired item appearing multiple times in one run is higher and thus u might miss out on a potentially valuable trade (or giveaway) :) 

15 hours ago, ra9una said:

I can live with this new system, I've said it before, it has it's advantages, but the main take-away I've found requires that you be farming the same part as three of your friends, or be farming highly sought after parts. This may seem inconsequential, but when I mentioned I wasn't playing, it's because of this. I'm trying, desperately, to enjoy the new system, but I can't, because there just isn't anyone out there running the relics I want to run.

Truth. This is really a big problem.
There are many people whom I played with, but there are none whom I played with for ALL my 1690 hours. As a result we all have different prime parts. For example, I don't have vectis receiver. So how should I ensure people to put all their 100 traces (Meso V1 is not enough common relic to run it hundred times until getting 2%-chanced reward) to get this part, if they already obtained it earlier and have nothing else to do with it?
And even if somehow I do this, there is no any warranty that even if someone gets vectis receiver I'll be able to choose it - there is a bug according to which everybody sees their own set of rewards to choose from.
Well, DE Support are people too, and they have weekends on Saturday and Sunday. That's why they have no time to have a look at Thursday's ticket today, on Monday.

Edited by Vol4ica_

You know if DE would just reintroduce the old Void as it was with the Void Keys and rewards as it was and leave the fissure systems as an option, I wouldn't mind not having to farm all my void keys again and leave all those relics rotting away in that small lonely place in the bottom of my inventory.

I just tried closing a fissure and enemies spawned too slowly for me to get enough yellow orbs and close it. It was infuriating.
Also, pick up mechanics are slow, and that's something I've noticed ever since Excavation came out.

I'd personally like the fissure close % to go up simply by killing enemies (of course a lot less than 10% each). Make it less random: remove the possibility of having to suffer an unwinnable attempt like my latest one.

I was really hoping we'd be entering the void through the fissure, not doing the same mission over and over again.  I'd love it if we had to enter the void and do a scaled-down version of the old Towers - low-count exterminate, defend objective for 5 waves, etc.  

Afterall, I don't know that the player base ever hated the void missions.  We hated running the same mission easily over a hundred times for the same drop tables.  Equipped relics gives us a way to customize our drop tables, while the fissures allow us to shake up our mission type... in theory.  Instead, we're all playing Glitter Excavation.

Additional thoughts:

• Equipping keys is really frustrating.  You can't join a friend in progress, for example, because you won't have a key.  We should be able to equip keys (upper-right of the HUD would be ideal) of each type before going into a mission, so that our choice is already made.
  • Echoing others, drop rate for gold stuff is too low, and too annoying to actually grab.
  • Nullifiers are still an awful unit that are ruining this game's diversity in weapons and frame choices.  But in the context of Void 2.0, it's really frustrating to play anything that relies heavily on toggles (Wukong and Equinox are great examples).  You must turn in your goo, which ensures they're spawning on top of you.

Enjoyed the system at first but starting to really dislike it now.

• fissures are really repetitive (acknowledged by DE, so will get fixed at some point I imagine)
  • they barely soloable (probably bugs)
  • as a result of the above:
    I haven't been exposted to this much asocial behaviour since I started playing Warframe (nearly three years ago) Some examples: blindly rushing through missions (rushing is nothing new, but the way in which is new, if that makes any sense) which makes them actually miss the fissure half the time since they're so busy rushing they don't even listen to the Lotus, not even bothering to hold elevators, starting fissures before the rest of the team is anywhere near it and just generally not playing as a team
  • having to grind Relics *and* Void Traces is just mind numbingly repetitive, boring and just not fun (see also the point above)
  • droprates are *much* worse for anyone not farming something in a premade group specifically made to farm that specific item
  • playing solo is pretty much out of the question due to the above (2% dropchance on rares, and it's barely near where it was in Void 1.0 when you max refine a relic, which takes *way* more time than just getting keys in the old system)
  • it's possible to have someone without a relic in a group, I feel these should be split. Either all have a relic, or none have.

Void traces:

• a team not specifcially set up to farm Void Traces will get very little of them
  • a team that doesn't know the tactics will get very little of them
  • a team that doesn't have a Nekros will get very little of them

All of the above combined with time pressure due to Vaulting/Unvaulting makes this system extremely un-fun. I don't mind spending money on the game (I'm a Grand Master Founder for pete's sake) but feeling like the droprates are skewed against me and my playstyle (I used to solo the Void) is kinda... :cry:

I pride myself on having farmed pretty much all my gear but now it feels as if they're pushing us towards rmt, either through Prime Access/Vault or through plat purchases in the market. As long as there's no decent auction house (the fact that there is an external site providing exactly that service says enough imho) only makes this worse for people that would actually be prepared to drop plat to bypass some of this horrible grind but refuse to deal wit the utter horror that is trade chat.

There's promise here, certainly, not having to run the same mission over and over and over again sounds great on paper. But as it is implemented now you'll spend time running the same mission over and over and over again just to get relics only to then run some other missions over and over again just to get Void Traces...

Edited by marelooke

Okay DE here's my feedback. You lie. You said reduce void fatigue. So I guess requiring us to do an entire awful mission, that we can't even guarantee we can actually finish, is somehow going to make it better? You have added so much RNG to prime parts it's disgusting. First you have to hope you get the right relic. Then you have to hope enemies drop enough orbs to close the damn fissure, then you have to hope you get what you want out of the relic. THATS THREE TIMSS THE RNG! You have INCREASED the grind yet again. You also nerfed credit drops... Again. im done. My clans done. I'll check in again on this train wreck in a few months to see if you got your crap together. Not very hopeful though.

Game breaking bugs:

1. When searching for party for fissure mission i need to pick relic several times, most often 2, but sometimes many many times endlessly (without effect)
  2. Sometimes when i use clan Dojo or Relay i no longer see my matchmaking mode (public, invate, solo) it also stops me from joining any party.

Makes farming prime stuff a bit easier, more fun, and less time consuming. I like it...

EXCEPT, why did you have to make us run all over the place to find the void fissures? Couldn't you just mark them on map? Or at least mark them when we get close? Not all of us are loot-addicts which like to explore every meter of the map. I am really hating the running around thing, it's made me ALT-F4 often.

And fix the spawn rate on guys with batteries on excavation mission! Today's sortie was hour-long cause of this!

In general you guys are doing a great job btw, keep it up. :D

Edited by Stefanizam