Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void 2.0 Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

The single most frustrating thing I've encountered so far is the Void Traces cap. It's so frustrating to be only a couple traces from 100 and then having to go into another mission to get those last few void traces knowing that potentially many void traces are going to be wasted, it's a terrible feeling. I understand the reasons for having the cap in place but please consider increasing the cap in some way, or allow us to keep traces in some kind of overflow that expires after a short time or after the next mission.

5 hours ago, marelooke said:

I feel these should be split. Either all have a relic, or none have.

No way it can be splited. If nobody has a relic, then mission becomes a casual capture/exterm/... cause nobody can open the fissure.
And this fact is proving that the new Void system is very ill-conceived (hope google translated this correct).

Hey, I realy enjoied T4 Suv Solo runs at the end of the old void time, because of I love melee and with the op school I can stay invis and meele only with my Scindo Prime bae and Excalibros blind (eZ one hit build... u dont need daggers to run melee only with one hit build)
I played 3-5x1h+ runs per day and I want to ask u, if  the void will permanent have the chance to drop prime stuff. That u can use those new things from the new console and u be like: I want to choose that one and just to play it. I know its like the old key system, but I would be happy. I watched the DEV-Streams but I am still not 100% sure if I can grind the loot like I want....
Usuly SUV grinding is boring, but I am the fastes player I ever saw (1277h Warframe on Steam and over 800h on the ingame statistic) and there are only a few people can hold my parkpur tempo and like I said I LOVE melee and I am a pretty melee beast to. Warframe is like driving a bike for me. I can play it eZ when I am tierd or.....drunken... I hope u find a way to combine the new system with that. Like in the void the loot is rotating every 1-3h or something like that so if people grind a special item they dont get borred (its like that now with the rifts... but I like my void enemies more then infessted or just corpus or just gineer. But I am to be honest not 100% happy that the rifts are the only opportunity.
And I think lots of ppl will hate the new map etc.... they just need a bit time. I like how the devs still make always new content.
I hope my english is not so bad and you can a bit understand what I try to say you....
(live in germany)

(if u dont understand me I could try to talk with "mr.grün-über-alles") ;)

Edited by DrakorLP

My biggest piece of input is allowing for multiple fissures to appear during the course of 'endless missions.' One of the reasons they were so popular was due to the chance for multiple drops of prime parts. 

Survival: could see a fissure open every five minutes after the first initial fissure us opened.  Subsequent fissures could open in random places, making the challenge keeping life support up while defeating the tear.  Tears open on their own after the first one is found and opened.  Failure to close it means you must wait for the next one. Loot tables for the key you chose stays.  End of mission results in choosing the entirety of one team members loot table.  

Defense: same as above but fissure opens up randomly every five waves. 

Interception: same as above but one every transmission.  

I think it'll provide extra challenges for the players who enjoyed going deep into endless missions and give the incentive to do so.  

Me and my friends recently did a T4 Axi Void Fissure and our rewards were different for each player: as in each one of use saw different rewards for the other people in the party. This led to only one of us being able to receive the Mag Prime Neuroptics as it didn't show up for any other player. I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to see the same rewards right? Only one of us was able to get the reward we all wanted.

I would very much like to see this get fixed as to alleviate any confusion between party members and not use up our last relics and be cheated out of the part we want even though another party member had the choice to take it.

It is a bit boring to farm 1 specific item. We need to farm relics, then turn them into traces, and then we have 1 serious run. Before that there was 10 runs for relics, and 10 runs for traces That is a bit too much preparation for 1 serous run.

Solution: Make traces drop in Void. So we can have mode to farm relics and traces in one mode.

It could still get annoying, but at least we will hate void tileset not fissures.

10 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

My biggest piece of input is allowing for multiple fissures to appear during the course of 'endless missions.' One of the reasons they were so popular was due to the chance for multiple drops of prime parts. 

Survival: could see a fissure open every five minutes after the first initial fissure us opened.  Subsequent fissures could open in random places, making the challenge keeping life support up while defeating the tear.  Tears open on their own after the first one is found and opened.  Failure to close it means you must wait for the next one. Loot tables for the key you chose stays.  End of mission results in choosing the entirety of one team members loot table.  

Defense: same as above but fissure opens up randomly every five waves. 

Interception: same as above but one every transmission.  

I think it'll provide extra challenges for the players who enjoyed going deep into endless missions and give the incentive to do so.  

I would like if I dont have to do the rifts, because of this would be borring.... They want to change the system because of we dont have to grind the same mission type, but if we always have to do this rifts.... In my opinion it would be better if def missions and suv missions stay classic. They should stay simple as they are. The rifts make every thing slower. And its not so efficient if the goal is to make every thing not so borring, but u always have to do the rifts. I needed for example 1:30-3min for any CAP mission and now I have to close the rifts too and it takes too time. I think the rift system is still not the perfect compromise, but its a good step forward.

After trying the new system I would say it would be nice to have the old void system back, but keep the fissures as an option.

My reason is that many people (myself included) genuinely like the old system. Enjoyed the endless defense, interception, and survival. And there is just no reason why both systems could not be used. (prepared for flak cannons)

Both systems offer something for certain kinds of players and I do not believe that any one group should have to be alienated to suit the preference of another. If people want to use their keys to play a mission that is only guaranteed one reward but you get to choose it (which only seems to solve the issue with old void capture/mobile defense/exterminate) let them. If people want to spend 40+ minutes on survival, going to round 8 on an interception, or wave 40 on a defense. Let them.

Though I would suggest allowing players of the new system to keep all the rewards. I am concerned that bran new players may become discouraged once they learn of the void trader and realize how much farming they are really going to have to do under thing system in order to be able to get anything from him, especially since key sharing has been done away with.

Keep the relics, or bring back keys, but keep the ability to upgrade the reward possibility with traces. Make the total amount of traces you can have either upgradable via a relic segment upgrade or just not have a cap.

Have traces drop during regular void runs as a rare drop from eximus's, or just all eximus's in general.

My overall point, have the old system for those who like keysharing and the endless void farm, and keep the new system for those who prefer something different. I do feel people are believing to strongly that this is a choice of absolutes.

Did they changed the spawnrate of mobs too?

I have done a 50min solo run (had still 5 capsuals) on Eris in darksector and I lost 5 times or more my melee combo count becuase of there where no enemies for over 12 seconds.

Usuly I lose it max 1 time if I make misstake. And I start using capsuals at 11-12min... usuly I use my first after 30-45min.

This new void system is boring and no challenge as hell......andddd no FUN at all now i have no point to play this game also we lost most of the end game mission like T4 void mission bfore now only sortie sad....play this game since founder and this update destroy it all....i literally have no fun and interest to play.....now also we have no point to make end game build coz there are less end game missions now......i REALLY hope DE fix this thing....

Just to throw in my two cents regarding void fissure missions:

Problem 1: Failing to properly seal the fissure results in a failure of the entire mission.

Problem 2: The reactant drop rate is too unreliable for the player to control their success.

Problem 3: Reactants are a pain to pick up (I usually have to walk around them for a bit to get the "sweet spot" where I'm allowed to pick them up.   Couple that with the microscopic absorption radius of the fissure itself, and you have a very tedious experience.  

Each problem is bad enough on its own, but when you combine them, the result is exponentially worse.  For instance, I tried a solo fissure closure on a capture mission (in the Void) a short while ago.  It took me around 30 minutes of searching to find the Rift after completing the Capture portion of the mission.  During that time, I was getting plenty of caps and resources (including 8 argon crystals, which've always had a 1/year drop rate for me).

Then, I attempted the fissure closing.  I got the first 5 reactants with no problem...then nothing.  Almost two full minutes with no reactants.  Then, instant mission failure.  No drops or credits, period.  The entire mission turned into an immense waste of time due to elements outside my control.

Suggestion 1a: Divorce the void fissure success from mission success.  If you fail to seal the void fissure, you should still be able to complete the mission normally, but without the chance of getting any of the items on the relic's drop table.

Suggestion 1b: Don't piggyback void fissure missions on top of regular missions.  Just make void fissure missions their own, standalone objective.

Suggestion 2&3: Get rid of the entire reactant mechanism.  Instead, make it so the player must maintain proximity to the fissure to charge their equipped relic before the rift closes.  This way, players can have skill-based success, and can individually succeed or fail if they're in a party.

I left the game after the mag rework and logged back in today to see if anything has changed. Not really surprised by what I see.

As for the Fissure system it is actually worse then the old void system:

- it does not fix void fatigue(and we all know why that did happen if we look at data mined drop rates), you still run the same mission over and over again

- the new system is fairly unbalanced for solo since it is pure RNG if you get enught drops, I failed about every 2. mission because I could not get enught drops(and no not a killspeed issue at all with my Ember) while in other cases I have like 10 to spared 1 minute before the time runs out

- you have to run around 12 missions to upgrade a single artefact to max level when you solo it(more like 24 times with the current system of rng fail/win), what is again just increasing the chances, in the end you will still run the same mission 40 times in a row, but I guess that is exactly what exactly what you guys want

- If you want to grind stuff for ducats you are absolute screwed now without the endless missions

- it removes any kind of progression or challenge that did take place by going from 20 to 40 to 60 waves, or 20 to 40 to 60 minutes in survival(to be fair you killed most of the survival appeal with frame changes, crit event mods and stuff like shadow step a long time ago)

Overall the system would have been a good option to get stuff for people that are not super lucky with the drops(I am for example one of this persons, did run T3D for close to 1 month multiple times every single day for the Ash BP) but as replacement it is just as bad as the old system with added RNG for mission win/loss.

In the end you just replaced a grind mechanic that was so bad that people leave the game again the second they got her stuff(or in many cases even before that if I look into my clan) with another mechanic that does exactly the same but also is like the focus changes is extra punishing for solo players for no good reason at all.

Suggestion? Not really sure if I could name anything that was not on the table in your office anyway. I guess in the end the real question is, if you don't want to change something, why change it? Isn't that just a huge amount of time and money lost for no useful result?

Edited by Djego27

Having played the new void fissures I can safely say they are both a wonderful improvement full of untapped potential and a sad loss to the overall game play.

I will first address the things I think need to be fixed.  High tier void runs are over. This eliminates a huge goal of the game. I have spent a huge amount of time grinding up to be able to run endless void runs only to have them lose all meaning other than argon crystal farming.  This also leads to the end result that ducats are much harder to farm for.  this occurs two ways. In old farming one person would pay one key for a group of four people who would each get all prime parts found, but now each person has to spend a void relic to get one item, but increase the pool of items obtainable.  This means working together can cut down on time needed farming for individual parts, but it increases the relic cost for each of those parts, since advanced players can no longer carry their newer friends to the void for prime part farming. The second issue is we can no longer run endless missions to rack up junk prime parts that we sell in bulk.  farming for corrupted mods has also gotten much harder because we are limited to 100 void traces, we can only have the material for 10 dragon keys ready at a given time.

These however have simple fixes. the void can be made relevant again by removing forma from the relic tables and including them in the drop tables of void missions. perhaps adding ducat cashes, exilus adaptor blue prints, and previously event exclusive mods to the void in place of the prime parts late game void could not only be a player goal again, but would also provide renewed opportunity to new players to get things they missed, as well as veterans additional goals to look for.  I would also increase the limit on stored void traces ether to scale with player mastery rank, be unlimited, or be at least 10 times the maximum cost for refining a relic. this would mean players could actually build up a significant stock pile to use later or to help new players.

on the upside void fissures greatly expand the emphasis to complete the map and make me feel like I earned my prime parts. They also provide an opportunity to COMPLETELY OPEN THE PRIME VAULT.  Now that each relic is no longer tied to a given mission type and level, there is no longer a reason to keep the number of potential relics at each tier at 6. by having an excavation on each planet, each planet could have their own unique relic pool of 6 relics divided among the four tiers, and each of those six relics has 6 potential items. With 14 planets so far, this would mean the current maximum number of obtainable prime parts would be 504 parts, which is far more parts than have been released so far. this would further emphasis traveling around the star chart, and allow new players to feel less cheated out of goods and weapons that they were not able to obtain in events they couldn't participate in.

Edited by NLRose

50 minutes ago, NLRose said:

They also provide an opportunity to COMPLETELY OPEN THE PRIME VAULT.  Now that each relic is no longer tied to a given mission type and level, there is no longer a reason to keep the number of potential relics at each tier at 6.

50% of T1 was just keys, 66% of the rest was just fillers(forma, resource, keys, cores) or dupicates that droped in so many missions so often that it could have been replaced with ducats a long time ago. Orokin Derelict only had a super low chance to drop something of value in the C rotation of survival and defence. Space never was the issue.

What DE should have done would have been dropping the older stuff to T1 and T2 in the filler brackets, giving newer players something they can aim for, where they can get the keys and play it herself with stuff they have instead of ending up needing a carry since next to every item had stuff in T3 or T4 missions. 

Most people I know buy the current old prime packs for the cosmetics and I am sure this will go down a lot with the ember prime offer, simply because DE already put out the syndana and armor set people absolutely wanted to pick up. Wouldn't it be better to just release a new cosmetic set with the old ones and cycle that around instead of the old primes? It does not handicap new players and gives people that are buying it for the cosmetics 100% more reason to spend that 60 bucks if the new cosmetics are as cool as the old stuff.

Edited by Djego27

Don't like the new system at all. It is just...prime drops in regular missions with an extra goal to do (close the fissure). Also, now i simply see no end game content for me, which was the only thing gave me some fun and real chalenges.

Suggestions from an old whiner :

1) Create a marker for the fissure ( pleaaaaseeee!!!!)

2) Someone here offered to repeat fissures in endless missions ( def / surv / inter), which for me is a perfect salvation of the dead end game content + dead possibility to obtain multiple rewards per 1 relic use.

3) Slightly increase amount of reward credits, at least for t1 t2 fissures.

4) Give us an oportunity to share our keys with random strangers!  OR...not sure if somebody will like this idea, but how about create some..."empty" relics? like a clean relic (still 4 tiers ofc), it gives no specific reward, but allows to owner pick from the reward table (as usual owners of relics do)?

5) And well, i think since there is a way more different key types than we had before, don't you think it would be fair, if you would improve the ways how we can obtain them?

6) Increase tracers capacity

Also, about drops. I see no difference at all ( about how fast i can obtain what i want)! Tried to farm akstiletto...20 keys of each kind bye bye. How is this "less grind" ?:D ( in the end, i got mad and charged every relic on full, and u know what? simply wasted tracers...)

Edited by WhyNotBro

The new relic system is cool!
I'm a big fan of being able to choose, but it doesn't quite feel like a fair trade for the old Void reward setup.

Pros of the new system:  gives us the ability to choose between the rewards of our squad and the ability to skew the RNG toward rarer items

Cons:  We now have to grind for Relics and Void Traces, and no void fissure missions give multiple rewards like the old Sabotages did.

Basically, it seems like we have to do more grinding for fewer rewards.

Can we get a probability of taking home 2 or 3 parts the more we refine the relics?
For example, if you play with an Intact relic, you have a 3-5% chance of taking home 2 rewards, and 1-2% of taking 3.
Exceptional:  15-20% of getting 2, 5-10% of getting 3
Flawless:   50% chance of getting 2, 20% of getting 3
Radiant:  70-80% chance of getting 2, 40-50% chance of getting 3.

In the interest of keeping rare items rare, the 2nd and 3rd rewards could be generated from increasingly lower-tier rewards after choosing at extraction.
So if I choose the rarest item from Meso C1, Carrier P Carapace, I might also have a chance of getting the Ash P bp/ Scindo P handle and Nova P neuroptics/ Saryn P systems/ Forma.

And will there ever be any other Corrupted Void bosses?  Corrupted Zanuka? Corrupted Lynx?  
It would be amazing to witness the neural Sentry attempting to corrupt the Shadow Stalker or syndicate kill squads upon them spawning in the void!  :D

The good: 
It gives players more options in term of gear grinding. but thats all

The Bad:

• it focuses too much on gear grinding system but lost the gameplay. It feel so un-immersive with void tears randomly pop out in normal mission. the actually mission doesnt fuse with the Void tears properly. 
  • Its now even more more repetitive, same void tears over and over again.
  • The way you obtain the reward feel so un-epic. The old system either we stand and def coming enemy or bring the fire to them. The Void tile-set is also pretty epic as well. But now its just bunch of void enemy spawn at your face, sometime I don't even know what I am killing. and not to mention about the golden balls. The gameplay wise just doesnt feel right. I would rather see the void tears turn the actual mission enemy into something different and difficult.
  • I was fine leveling my weapon/frame without Draco, I could easily form a pug and play T3/T4 def or survive, level my things and still get reward. And I actually enjoy playing those mission. Now if theres no high level void rift mission pop up? I can go to bed early.
  • Sometime I would love to form a pug to play something relatively challenge, a T4 def or Survive maybe, not for the reward just for fun. But now theres only Sortie left cuz no one gonna join ur game without reward unless a Void Tears pop up.

I took a break of warframe for about 4-5 months now, after they destroyed the surbibal fun with "enemy hordes" which were in fact less enemies than before ... and i really liked to do survivals and def missions on to which i geared up and invested a ton of time to forma my stuff to my needs.

But what I am experiencing right now ist just laughable.

No point in doing more than 5 mins in a survival, boring and stupid missions with this new lets call it minigame with the rift you have to close, where only the base mission changes, wohoo a boring mission vs. low level enemies, great >.< but this minigame stays the same.

It is boring and frustrating, especially if 4 ppl get 4 times the same crap loot yay and i also dont think, that the loot chance gets increased by these void traces. i bet, that only the slider moves, so you can suggest that it increases but it doesnt ... 

I would really like to have the old void back, which was fun even if you had to run the same mission over and over again, this was not event this boring than this new crap here ...

Also why did you polish up the void, but then remove id / remove the sense in playing it?

I really dont get it ...

I hope someone opens a petition or a poll, where the whole community can vote or maybe DE opens a vote >>> INGAME <<< so all the players get to vote and dont have to search for one in the forums.

Ingame Votes would give so much feedback and the game could finally be focused on player wishes.

But i dont think that anything here will be read at all, so cheers and good luck shipping warframe, a once great game down the river into nirvana.

Signing out till the next few big updates might change sth.

Rifts look very underwhelming in my humble opinion. They feel like an afterthought.

Here's what I think could make rifts more interesting visually:

• Make a couple of tiles for each tileset for rifts to appear. These should be based on existing rooms but "void-ified"; ie: burned, scorched, scarred, distorted, with a LARGE rift in the middle and everything twisted away from it.
  • Make the room lock down once the rift is activated. No more regular dudes should get in that room.
  • Instead of picking up yellow balls make it simply a matter of surviving X time or make every enemy add 2-5%. Anything but manually picking up items.

You now have a large arena designed specifically for this event, which is actually more significant to the player than the mission it's located in.

Id love to go back to THE Void... People loved it, but now it feels really unrewarding. Its nothing more than argon crystal source, and gives less affinity than any dark sector. Void has been killed by fissures. How to put it back to life? Make void traces or other relic upgrades drop there. COME ON ITS THE VOID...

Orokin void missions don't show open squads even though you can join open squads.

Lv. 10-15 and 40-45 missions lack variety and they are the only missions worth going into atm. The 40-45 for Corrupted Vor and the 10-15 for Argon Crystals. Please add a 40-45 exterminate/non defense mission that can spawn Corrupted Vor or allow sabotage to spawn Corrupted Vor(to my knowledge he doesn't spawn there at all).

20-25 and 30-35 missions seem largely pointless because you can get argon crystals at lower levels and Corrupted Vor(pretty much the only thing in T4's thats worth wile atm) doesn't spawn there. So it isn't worth it to tangle with Corrupted Bombards and Nullifier troopers for effectively no extra reward.

I actually enjoy the new Fissure runs, but I can appreciate and understand - and even to some extent agree - with those who say there are problems.

Personally, I prefer being able to better control what it is I'm aiming to get. Void Relics are slightly - I use that term with extreme prejudice - slightly less diluted than the original Void rewards were. I personally never found great enjoyment in endless runs if only because I got a little bored but they still had their charm and it is sad but agreeable to say that endless Void runs are now officially dead. There is no point to remain any longer than the bare minimum required of the mission. 

I don't feel the grind has increased, at all. I just think that it's become more... obvious if that makes sense. Rather than a backload grind (get correct tier and mission key, do mission till part acquired) it's now a frontload grind that offers more control over the end result. The grind is about the same, although I think it feels longer than it really is because missions are as we said above, no longer endless. When you're doing the same thing for forty-minutes, time gets away from you. There's more clicking and more "breaks" between missions in the new Fissure grind for Prime items, and that makes it feel longer than it probably is. But, again, that doesn't mean the complaint of it feeling longer is an invalid complaint.

Things I would like to see:

I would like to see the void fissures spawn in better tiles than they currently sometimes spawn in. Keep them out of box-rooms or crevice-rooms or the tiny hallways with no real ceiling and no real width to them. If you're going to spawn endless enemies on me until it's closed - including Bursa spawns on Corpus tilesets - don't let the fissure spawn in a place where I can hardly fight to begin with.

Bring back the variety of the Void. Please? I enjoy the new star chart for the most part, but I am already finding myself deeply missing the ability to do almost every kind of mission on every tier of the Void. I really don't see why this was something that was changed. Could you guys just not come up with enough names for the new Void maps or what?

Trace needs to have a higher cap. I'm not saying get rid of the cap, but I am saying make it higher. It's really obvious what you guys are doing with such a small cap currently: filter out low tier Relics as they all get inevitably used for Trace farming, thus ensuring that the low tier Relic drops don't saturate the market. Here's the problem: unless you're really efficiently grinding it out with a few friends, the current Trace cap is not only unreasonably small, but Trace doesn't drop all that reasonably in the first place and you'll be using far more relics trying to reach even that small cap. If you want to keep Prime parts of low tier relics valuable, there's surely better ways to do that than just put a silly cap on Trace which you then use on only one serious run with a high tier Relic before you have to go farm again. And if you're worried about the higher tier drops becoming saturated, than rather place a low cap on Trace, why don't you just add a time-gate mechanic to the use of Trace or a cap to the number of Relics you can refine every day? (Much as I'm loathed to see either thing implemented, I'd rather have them implemented and make refinement more widely available than just have stupid tiny cap that encourages more grinding than necessary.)

Boring gameplay, and RNG is still as crappy as ever in solo play, in my experience so far.  Might help if it was possible to apply enough trace (however much) to a relic to get the rare's chance up and equal to what the lowest part's chance originally was.

Just a thought: It would be nice if Earth junction in addition rewarded with Karak BP. (in addition to Fragor)

Karak rifle has a special place in WF, it is always mentioned as "good starting weapon" and just giving it free to new players would be set them good on the path.