Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void 2.0 Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I won't complain on nullifiers as everybody does but there is one problem related to them. The fissure can spawn up to four of them at the same time. Killing all of them is not a problem. Their nullifying is neither. The problem is that their bubble is yellow. The same color has a fissure. It is really hard to see where exactly the fissure is while nullifiers are alive. Due to the fact that the fissure is above the ground, I have to jump randomly to catch up with it and put void ball into it. This often gives no result and ends up by my death, especially if it is not Lith but Axi. Soon after I kill nullifier the new ones spawn, so killing is not a way out. Yes, activated fissure has a mark, but it can only be seen when I turn away from it and running backwards is not a solution too.
Please, do something with it :c

Here is a screenshot with only one nullifier. Just include the fact that there can be much more of them and all those bubbles are animated.
408be0b638e045a591083c4daf93e73b.png

Edited by Vol4ica_

I don't get how 100s of my relics still have "value" if I have all the items. Before the change, keys would update with new primes.

Mastery Rank 22 and 100s relics become nothing more than ducats.

On 22/07/2016 at 0:30 AM, Shiverick said:

Id love to go back to THE Void... People loved it, but now it feels really unrewarding. Its nothing more than argon crystal source, and gives less affinity than any dark sector. Void has been killed by fissures. How to put it back to life? Make void traces or other relic upgrades drop there. COME ON ITS THE VOID...

This. Absolutely this.

I've said this on another thread, it's time to jump ship.

DE is not going to get the message, until enough of us stop logging in.

I'm, essentially, on strike until these major issues get addressed, I would recommend the same for the rest of us.

If you're still having fun, show your support, I don't want to see this game die; I want to see DE fix this, so I can come back.

.....but as things stand, I feel like the money I've contributed has NOT been put to, even passable, use.

Here's what NEEDS to be fixed, because apparently DE hasn't caught on (and, yes, I'm mentioning EVERYTHING that got screwed up in this update, not just void);

1. Bring back the void keys as an alternative to the fissures, limiting options in the first place is ALWAYS a bad idea. PARTICULARLY, when the mission is unwinnable, playing solo.

2. Kavat Gene sequence drop rate is utter BULLSH*T. I'm not expecting to get 10 in one solo run, or anything, but 1 per run would, at LEAST, make it feel obtainable, and 50 plat for 10 sequences? HELL NO! Not worth ANYONE's time, effort, or money.

3. Archwing, the hell, DE? What made you think that adding pitch, yaw, and lean movement, WITHOUT any method of control, was a good idea? Seriously, ever heard of vertigo?

I've already uninstalled, the more of us that follow suit, the quicker DE will get the picture, and the quicker we get back the badass game DE ALREADY MADE! Don't fix what ain't broke, give an option to those that complain, don't take away from those that aren't.

Edited by Azathoth0013

I am really not happy with the new way farming for prime stuff works. There is so much wrong with it.

• Fissures are always the same
  • Lack of any challenge
  • Even more grind

Another huge issue I have is with the void traces and upgrading relics. With the current system it's basically mandatory to upgrade a relic in order for it to have a chance at getting a rare drop. And that is a huge can of worms. Because not just is it grindy as hell. It's also almost pointless for people that do not have friends or long time clan mates they can somewhat trust. Because the new system is a dream for scammer.

Yes, there were key-scammer in the old system. But at least those were always noticed at some point and I could always add another person to my ignore list I would not have to deal with again in the future. With the new system it's impossible to even notice a scammer as long as they at least bring a basic relic of the same type to a key/relic-share.

It's entirely possible to end up in a rediant relic-share with 3 other people and none of them actually brought a radiant relic. In case you are a scammer yourself you might even end up in a radiant relic-share that has not a single person actually using a radiant relic. Which means everyone is basically just wasting their time.

There is NO WAY to even tell.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

Not really really going to make a full feedback post but just going to shortly state my experience so far.

First off, my play time has decreased dramatically since the update. Not because the game is less fun, but there is no reason to run endless void missions now which is mostly what I used to play. Also, having to to look for the fissures get extremely annoying and I do not find it enjoyable.

I stopped farming in this game a while back and normally I would just run mission I liked. This consisted of void def, surv, and exterminates. Sure I would also play outside the void if there was a certain reward which enticed me to do so. This playstyle led to having all my stuff having to be maxed out which, in turn, would require even more gametime in order to level everything. As it stands right now, I find the fissure hunting annoying, no incentive to run endless missions, and exterminates lost their favor since you still have to hunt for the fissure.

Not only that, but one of the best parts was that even if you didn't have a specific key, others would be able to invite you and you would also help them out if they happened to be lower level. This was actually a huge part for me, since you actually needed decent teamwork if you wanted to reach higher times on endless missions. However, the new system just feels like all of the rest of the nodes where you click on something and you get throw into a completely random party. Since this sharing of keys isn't possible anymore, there is little reason to build a team like before and go into a quick exterminate or a long endless mission. 

To sum it up, I haven't played a mission longer than 10 minutes since the update. After 30 or 40 minutes I no longer see any incentive to keep playing simply log out. As opposed to before when I would play 2-4 blocks of 2-3 hours each (6-8hours daily was usually) and mostly staying in the recruit channel, while doing the random alert. 

Like I said, this post wasn't really to provide any constructive criticism, but simply an insight to the developers on my personal experience.  

I actually like running the fissures more than the old void, tho now the old void feels empty.

The proposed changed from the devstream gives me some hope.

I want both endless and none-endless missions to be equally fun. It would be nice to see what other people have so I can coordinate my efforts before hand.

I do wish nullifers wouldn't spawn with their bubble up as it is random where they spawn and they often just land on your lap.

I am willing to give it a try with the new Fissure changes in the dev stream. That seems pretty cool.

But I still think there's one major issue with this whole rework: you just moved the missions to nodes people like less. You didn't actually change how we get parts.

Sure, no more 20min T3. Now, it's an hour running Corpus rescue. Which no one wanted to run before. Then, two hours on Grineer survival. Or worse, Spy. Which no one wanted to run before.

Previously the Void forced us to run missions we liked on tile sets we were sick of or burned out on. Now, you force us to run those same mission types, just on different tiles. You STILL aren't offering anything genuinely new to do.

Eventually, this has to change. Or you're going to begin seeing burnout the like of which Warframe has never seen...

On 7/22/2016 at 10:59 PM, Azathoth0013 said:

I've said this on another thread, it's time to jump ship.

DE is not going to get the message, until enough of us stop logging in.

I'm, essentially, on strike until these major issues get addressed, I would recommend the same for the rest of us.

If you're still having fun, show your support, I don't want to see this game die; I want to see DE fix this, so I can come back.

.....but as things stand, I feel like the money I've contributed has NOT been put to, even passable, use.

Here's what NEEDS to be fixed, because apparently DE hasn't caught on (and, yes, I'm mentioning EVERYTHING that got screwed up in this update, not just void);

1. Bring back the void keys as an alternative to the fissures, limiting options in the first place is ALWAYS a bad idea. PARTICULARLY, when the mission is unwinnable, playing solo.

2. Kavat Gene sequence drop rate is utter BULLSH*T. I'm not expecting to get 10 in one solo run, or anything, but 1 per run would, at LEAST, make it feel obtainable, and 50 plat for 10 sequences? HELL NO! Not worth ANYONE's time, effort, or money.

3. Archwing, the hell, DE? What made you think that adding pitch, yaw, and lean movement, WITHOUT any method of control, was a good idea? Seriously, ever heard of vertigo?

I've already uninstalled, the more of us that follow suit, the quicker DE will get the picture, and the quicker we get back the badass game DE ALREADY MADE! Don't fix what ain't broke, give an option to those that complain, don't take away from those that aren't.

This!! So much this!!

They have until the end of August for me, and if it isn't fixed by them I'm out.  Not out in a checking back in a year way I mean I won't play this game again period.  

I have voiced my opinions across multiple threads and quite frankly I expected more out of the dev stream.  Not at all a fix or an upgrade.  Thanks for the 12 soon to be 13 "hotfixes" fixing crap you broke to begin with and the boring a*s void.  You in one update managed to ruin the whole reason I spent any money or time in this game. Thanks for that DE.

With Today Relic's chnage, I heard someone get this problem:

If the Mission was Unalerted, and all enemies were killed (Crossfire and Exterminate), no enemies spawned to get Reactants.

Also, the spawn chance of enemies is a bit low, I had to backtrack a lot in Sabotage.

With todays update to the Relics I joined a sabotage mission about mid-way through, we did the mission as we we're supposed to do but when we destroyed the reactor (The mission was Sao on Neptune) 3 of us still had around 6-4 relics, resulting in us backtracking and eventually failing the mission since the timer ran out and no enemies dropped any reactant for us, while the one other person typed and I quote "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS". 

While the idea for the new system seems solid, I don't really like having to rely on Rng and drop chances to be able to finish a mission and get my Rng rewards. 

So in our first experience of the second incarnation of the new void...

1)  Thanks to the players who completed the sabotage, set the ship on fire and didn't pause when we started asking questions about what had happened.  Earlier today I ran a void mission and haven't been up to date on prime time so had no warning of needing to run round getting reactant.  The update landed in the evening in the UK so that meant a wasted mission.  Admittedly partially our fault for not looking at the news post but given the attention lavished on relics at the start this did feel a bit arbitrary and I felt like some had pulled the rug out from under me with no warning. 

2)  The flickers in the void mission are seriously irritating.  God alone knows what it is like for someone who maybe borderline epileptic but I started to feel sick on our second fissure run.

I quite liked the old one, hunting for the fissure and then closing it it felt like it had a purpose.  This just feels like another side objective like hunting for insignia, kuria or another resource.  This doesn't feel like it has any purpose within the world the game is set in - it may as well be part of an enemy forecast from the Lotus - "Heavy Grineer with a mild chance of corruption".  We aren't closing or containing the void so presumably this just happens until the fissure goes away? 

At least add it so we can seal 2-3 fissures per mission and get at least more than just 1 reward at a time from this stuff...would please everyone and make ppl much happier believe me.

Like just have us be able to take 1 or 2 relics at a time with us per fissure (or set the limit to something else idk) and just spawn fissures accordingly since they seem to just spawn everytime now anyway. Just raise the reactant cap according to how many relics you carry and that way we'll get a few more rewards per mission. I honestly dont see how that is a problem :/

Fissures opening everywhere now is a nice improvement. Now the mission is the main objective again instead of having to look for the fissure.

The thing is that I really like the void tileset, so there has to be a really fun gameplay element to farming prime parts, if you have to go somewhere else.

I would like random events happening in the fissure missions. Maybe sometimes a big fissure opens that you would then have to close similar to how it was before or a corrupted field boss would appear like captain vor or you would have to enter the void sometimes (similar to the old void sabotage missions).
This could also be based on the mission type instead of being random.

The new Fissure method is cool, provided you plan on playing a bog standard third person shooter late game. Bringing anything that relies on Powers is suicide, because Fissure missions are littered with Nullifiers. These things are everywhere and they kill any and all tactics related to snipers, bows, shotguns, frost domes, Cataclysm Defense, Nezha and Mesa entirely and WoF. 

Oh, and fun. Almost forgot, they completely kill that, too...and now they even get to do it on Grineer missions. So thanks for that. No, really. I wanted more frustration in my favorite game. Wasnt frustrating enough by far prior to this. 

Ok after trying the new fissure missions ive gotta say there an improvement over the previous ones. More of them fit with the mission there in like rescue now works well. The only one I feel doesn't work is spy missions for the sole reason they require you to kill to drop reactant and spy is about not killing and being stealthy.

However it hasn't fixed the major issue I have with this patch and thats the lack of a point too endless missions. They opened them up to actually be endless but giving no reward no one will bother continuing past the basic time. I still wish they would give people a shot at multiple primes like it was pre patch. 

Other options for rewards would be forma, relics, void traces, exilus adapter. A random selection of those could make endless desirable again.

We need something really challenging in this game and while sorties are great you cant repeat them. Endless used to be like that, something to max a frame and weps out for.

Edited by Ubung

so no more fissures for me after this stuff has been fixed

I did about 10 missions

4 I couldn't complete because not enough reactants dropped, all of these missions were exterminate missions

a sabotage took about 15 minutes because people were desperately searching for reactants

another sabotage failed because of this...

on top of that it seems reactants are now not showing up on the radar anymore so good luck finding them if they spawned somewhere in a room above you (i.e. corpus ice map)

did I mention if some people just extract when they are done and while they are sitting on extraction, you have one minute left to get all the reactants that you are missing... extracted once without getting a reward because of this

wasted 2 hours for closing 5 T1 fissures.... which before took me about 15 minutes

Not a Full-house:

The main issue for me is that with this fissure system is that grouping matters. In the old void it didn't matter if you went solo or not, everyone had the same chances for the same rewards. With this new system if I'm not in a group of four my chances severally drop but the difficulty rises. When solo the enemies spawn less and get a large armour buff resulting in less reactant dropping and enemies being more difficult. Even though when playing outside a group of four the difficulty rises, players still don't receive anywhere near the rewards of a four man group.

What I've seen suggested is a difficulty slider for solo play. Starting at the base difficulty for an era, as you increase the difficulty for this mission you would be able to take more relics with you. Up to four relics.

Sotr 13:

Public matches are a bit more of a nuisance. Since the reactant is not shared between players, a new player has to wait around for the fissure to spawn. However I have noticed that the fissure operates similarly to enemies (fair enough it is a mobile spawner). The problem with this is, if a player joins mid-match they may not complete the requirement due to not being able to pick up already dropped items, the low reactant drop rate, and the fissure not spawning in anymore.

• If reactant was shared it could solve this problem. Understandably the required amount would change however I think it may promote leeching.
  • The fissure could continually spawn after the objective is complete. However that might cause players to just stay in the mission to grind for stuff.
  • Players that just joined could pick up already dropped items. Then they would have to back-track leading them away from the objective, dragging out the mission.
  • and we're back to the drop rate....Maybe if the reactant had a lifespan. Every corrupted would drop a least one reactant but they don't stay on the ground for long. So we get lots of reactant but you must work fast.
Edited by Postal_pat

The brand new (Update 13) system is really cool. Its much more enjoyable than mini, recycled Excavation. Now, we just play the mission we choose, and get an added bonus reward. This is a very nice change. Not to mention, seeing the Void corrupt enemies is fantastic.

That said, we do need:

-To have Nullifiers removed from Spawn lists. They spawn far too frequently. 

-Corpus enemies should not spawn on Grineer missions and vice versa. This ruins the unique identity of these missions and factions. 

-Reactant should drop more often. Solo players should never have to fail a mission due to not being able to find 10 drops

-Nullifiers should be removed from...oh, yeah, said that. But seriously. They should be.

-We need some visual indicator of what is Corrupted when we obtain 10 items.

-BOTH players should receive a Corruption bonus. Right now, it seems only the first player to 10 gets this, and that is just not fair to other players.

-We need to remove Nullifiers from the game, as they are spawning far too frequently, and now also on Grineer missions.

-Nullifiers suck and are ruining the game's identity, turning every late game mission - now including Grineer missions with Fissures - into a bog standard third person shooter. You are killing the very thing that makes your game unique.

Those minor quibbles - and Nullifiers; did I mention those - aside, the new system is a huge improvement. Now, just do the mission. Get rewards. No repetitive mini games. No tedious picking up items. Its a fantastic change, especially when coupled with the improved number of Fissures at their faster rotations. Makes things much more varied.

Once the Nullifiers are removed this mode will be perfect.