Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno! How excited are you right meow?

This megathread will be used to house any feedback about Kavats. Please be constructive, and keep the following guidelines in mind:

• Your post must be on topic.
  • Use details, examples, and personal experiences in your feedback, as well as your counter arguments if you disagree with something in the game or with another's opinion. 
  • Leave all name calling, insults and antagonism (dev bashing) out of your post, no exceptions. It is not required or welcomed and does not fall under constructive feedback. 

If you have a bug report, please post it in the dedicated megathread:

Thanks guys! :community:

=====

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 1

• Fixed Kavats being bred with missing body parts.
  • Fixed an issue with the Landing Craft ramp closing while poor Kubrows are Kavatrs were still on them.
  • Fixed some missing sound effects on Kavat kitten interaction animations.

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 2

• Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when attempting to breed pets.

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 4

• Doubled the chance to get a Kavat Genetic Signature on scanning of Feral Kavats.
  • Fixed Cat's Eye Precept audio playing 2 times on clients.
  • Fixed issues with volume and radius of Kavat precept sound effects.

Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 5

• Fixed an issue with Kavat's appearing to get infinite Affinity in Dojos.
Edited by [DE]Taylor
added hotfix info

Not sure if this should go here, but Kavat's Geneticcodes are just too expensive. You need 10, and it's 5 p each.

In comparison, Kubrows just need a single egg, which costs 10p, while Kavats need 10 genetic codes which will cost 50p and it will only cost as much or less than Kubrows if you already have 8 or 9 codes. Price could use a review.

Kavats are invisible, jump around constantly, fighting both the infested and grineer/corpus that show up in the mission, and only spawn in small numbers.

With how much of a pain it is to scan them, they should have a much higher chance to drop their DNA. I was all hyped up to dip my feet into breeding for the first time, but with this low rate, I'm more likely to just not bother at all.

55 minutes ago, Maugre said:

Kavats are invisible, jump around constantly, fighting both the infested and grineer/corpus that show up in the mission, and only spawn in small numbers.

With how much of a pain it is to scan them, they should have a much higher chance to drop their DNA. I was all hyped up to dip my feet into breeding for the first time, but with this low rate, I'm more likely to just not bother at all.

I'm going to agree with this. I scanned a total of 8 kavats in an orokin derelict sabotage and only got 1 DNA print. It might be just bad luck but with how infrequent they appear and how fragile they are, don't you think we should make the chance of getting one a little larger? Or at least let us scan hyekka too or something...

How about we just get a genetic code per scan of a feral kavat? Since they only seem to spawn 1 per mission, if they aren't killed already by the ridiculous amount of Napalms and Hyekka masters in Derelict all of a sudden. I was killing more Grineer units then Infested.

2 minutes ago, Privus said:

How about we just get a genetic code per scan of a feral kavat? Since they only seem to spawn 1 per mission, if they aren't killed already by the ridiculous amount of Napalms and Hyekka masters in Derelict all of a sudden. I was killing more Grineer units then Infested.

That might be a bit much. I was finding 2-4 packs of 3 Kavats per exterminate mission. With that said, that's a LOT of Kavats scanned to only have 6 total DNA after quite a few runs, so it definitely needs to be increased.

DNA fragments are quite a pain to get.
I played about 5 times. And scanned 3-5 kavats per run. And I've got only 2 samples.

Feral kavats first of all are not frequeent spawns, secondly they tend to die if there is a fight going on nearby and if you do not bring/have a CC warframe they are a pain to scan.

So far I really like my Smeeta Kavat, however I found it really odd how in the market you need to pay 50p to get a kavat (Since you need to buy 10 genetic code which each cost 5p) but you only need to pay 10p for 1 kubrow egg.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

Console here, so I'm far away from trying for myself, but has anyone discovered if Atlas's petrifying augment can A) scan wild kavats and B) if they still have the chance to drop DNA fragment thingies?

The answer is no. They turn to stone and are not even scanned. Most likely that I already have max codex scans on them. Atlas Augment does not scan targets which already have max codex scans. 

Scanned 24 times, zero DNA obtained. Really DE, really? If you're trying to have us access new content, but simultaneously not allowing us to obtain it or make it arbitrarily difficult to do so, then what would be the point of even having new content in the first place? Fighting more Grineer than actual Infested in ODE, spawning 4-6 kavats per run, and none of those dropped any DNA strains, and we can't scan Hyekkas? 

Looks like no matter how long we wait, new updates always abide Murphy's Law.

I get that you want us to buy stuff for our convenience, but this is insane. Having to wait 6 months to do 20+ scans and get 2 DNA when you need 20 (10 for the segment and 10 to breed your first kavat) isn't fun. How many times does the player base have to go 'PLEASE!!! Less RNG!'. Come on DE. You want us to buy the codex scanners to get into the mission to maybe find a kavat and then maybe get DNA code after going through the incredible frustration of running around after them while everything in the mission BUT ME is trying to kill them. This is fail. Lots and lots of fail. I'm disappointed and insulted.

4 hours ago, Maugre said:

That might be a bit much. I was finding 2-4 packs of 3 Kavats per exterminate mission. With that said, that's a LOT of Kavats scanned to only have 6 total DNA after quite a few runs, so it definitely needs to be increased.

I want you to think of this: If you're playing on earth, and you get a kubrow egg, that's it. That's all you need to make a kubrow. If you run an exterminate and get 2-3 packs of 3 kavats, you get 9 total if they were all guaranteed. That still requires more than one mission. Because you need 10 dna samples I feel like the rate should be higher, and guaranteeing it isn't so bad of an idea if you aren't going to get them all at once most likely anyway.

I'm not one to usually complain about drop rate or something being grindy. But this time I feel like not only this incredibly grindy it's also incredibly difficult.

The first step and first issue is finding said kavat, it's not easy to spot, nor do they always spawn. That issue was already discussed in prime time saying that it will be addressed. Spawn rates still feels incredibly low, you can have a mission where you never see them.

The second issue is making a scan it's really difficult as they are always moving. Of course we could bring frame with cc like Equinox or Ivara, but you also need to keep them alive long enough for you to make a scan of it. And if you are in a squad and are waiting for your teammates to come scan the kavat you found it's even more difficult.

And the last issue is obviously the elephant in the room ... The RNG behind the scan. I dont know what the percentage there is to get a genetic code after a successful scan but it's way too low for the effort spent.

Edit:

5 minutes ago, -Bv-Squirreljinzo said:

After getting the genetic codes and everything is set up whenever i try to incubate one it just says unknown error and doesnt start so i just cant get a kavat and i tried this with kubrows as well and it just wont let me get one

I think you should report that here:

Edited by vaur06

The Kavats have -WAY- too low of a chance of giving DNA Fragments from scanning. I've done quite a few runs and scanned easily 40 of them and gotten zero DNA Fragments, yet I seem to be able to get their mods just fine. DE, you say you want to make this game less grindy? Then @(*()$ cut this S#&$ out, because you aren't going to make many believers with this.

sigh, so....

kubrow basic gene masking kit: 100k credits

kavat basic gene masking: 160k credits (and comes with more colors)

kubrow starter pack: 65

kavat starter pack: 95

kubrow egg: 10p

10 kavat genetic code: 50p

i think these prices need a rework already, and they show a real bias towards kavats.

So, it looks like Orokin Derelict Exterminates are your best option for scanning Kavats since they're included in the enemy count that you have to kill, meaning you won't miss them like you possibly would in a capture or other mission type. In addition, you may also get a Kavat Incubator Segment Upgrade from one of the Hyekka Masters in Exterminate. Bring Frost with max range and efficiency, high accuracy weapons like the Sybaris or a sniper rifle and avoid melee combat since you may accidentally kill a Kavat in the process, making your time wasted.