Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

11 hours ago, Brisingr_Phoenix said:

bought the kavat starter kit and this is all I see

P7GJKQq.png

Am I doing something wrong, what am I missing?

I'm having exactly the same problem.
Restarting the game doesn't help, but resets the game to windowed mode from launcher (unchecks it and both DX boxes)
I'm currently verifying download data to see if it helps.

Edit: verifying data didn't change anything :c

Edited by -----LegioN-----

3 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I'm having exactly the same problem.
Restarting the game doesn't help, but resets the game to windowed mode from launcher (unchecks it and both DX boxes)
I'm currently verifying download data to see if it helps.

Edit: verifying data didn't change anything :c

Re: Anyone who is having this problem.

I do not believe this is a glitch or bug; as the package you are purchasing on the market does NOT come with the "Kavat Segment". The Kavat Segment can be acquired through Dojo Research or the Market for 175 Platinum.

*NOTE: The description on your purchase clearly indicates it does NOT include the segment and that you NEED it to make Kavats. 

I hope this is helpful for you. :D

Spoiler

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Spoiler

4A31A8E3E24CE433C78DD8C40D8F15B8BBF3A63A

Hello,

When I use Ivara's Prowl ability my Smeeta Kavat initiate combat herself, biting mobs and using abilities. This is unacceptable for stealth play.

Update:

Done some testing, looks like Kavat use Mischief ability if enemy really close to her, even if she in stealth from Loki or Ivara abilities..

11 hours ago, Digital_Scratch said:

Any time you interact with a Kavat the scene camera does not show the interaction, instead it seems that it at the default X:0 Y:0 Z:0 and aimed at the arsenal. though it doesn't seem to happen every time. seems like a rather small bug to me.

Can confirm it.

Edited by Shozanakh

The Reflect ability of  the Adarza Kavats doesn't work. When the mod is equipped it is not displayed on the arsenal screen (right side) like other companion abilities and the Kavat isn't using it ingame as well. I tested it with an unranked and max ranked mod, no difference.

There are no visual effects or indicators for the ability...

Reflect ability is passive and therefore not listed in the arsenal screen^^

It does reflect damage done to the Kavat, but like all of these reflect-mechanics its effectiveness depends highly on the enemy, resistances and damage type...

Edited by JustABody

BUGREPORT. (sorry if it has been mentioned before, didn't bother reading two pages, too busy not getting dna in ode)

The kavats are supposed to be invisibile-ish so you can spot them while they move. there's currently a bug with some kavats being COMPLETELY invisible (=model missing). the only way to estimate their approximate location is by using oberon's passive and looking on the minimap where the blue dots are. scanning is already bad enough. but not knowing where the target is at all makes the whole thing ridiculous. 

So this is a MAJOR bug with my kubrow, but I feel like it was caused because of me making a kavat. Here are details!:

So my lotus pattern bulky kubrow has transformed into a non-bulky, non-lotus kubrow. (I'm not making this up) First time I logged in after SotR update I chose to mature it. During that same game session i put it in stasis and created a kavat after buying everything i needed from the market. I then put the kavat back into stasis and pulled my dog back out, rushed the stasis recover, logged out, then when I logged back in it was a striped pattern, skinny kubrow. (colors appeared the same though) I WANT MY BULKY LOTUS BACK!!! Plz FIX!

Edited by SaucyTuckermax
added words

14 hours ago, DragonKnightJin said:

Soo..

I got the Kavat incubated, and matured..

But, let's see if you can spot what's wrong with this picture:

35df79857a.jpg

Same problem here. I matured my Adarza Kavat...and the head and tail went missing. The kitten had a beautiful face and ears too :/

EDIT: This ONLY happens on Appearance tab A - on tabs B and C, the head and tail show up just fine.

Edited by MirageKnight
Clarification.

13 hours ago, Arniox said:

I'm scanning all the cats possible in derelict missions and  never get any genetic codes

This is not a bug. The genetic codes simply have lower than half of the drop chance that Kubrow Eggs had originally, and we had to deal with that for a good year or so.

3 hours ago, NeonXTheWolf said:

This is not a bug. The genetic codes simply have lower than half of the drop chance that Kubrow Eggs had originally, and we had to deal with that for a good year or so.

lol, yeah, I figured that out today. I hope they change that

13 hours ago, Polar87 said:

Having my Kavat gain affinity while in clan dojo........ atm of writing this she is from 17-19 and steadily increasing

I have the same thing. If I stand still longer enough, my Kavat instead increases in power instead of affinity.

There are only a few cats who can drop a code in general, that means if you get a code your mate get it too. I scanned 422 kavat with the symaris scanner(include all upgrades) and got 13x codes. My friend scanned 403 and got 8x. So don´t worry it sucks (4.30h of capture fun -.-).

There is a bug that kavat cant enter the elevator room in dojo. Looks like they would jump into an invisible wall.

On 9.7.2016 at 8:29 AM, Digital_Scratch said:

Any time you interact with a Kavat the scene camera does not show the interaction, instead it seems that it at the default X:0 Y:0 Z:0 and aimed at the arsenal. though it doesn't seem to happen every time. seems like a rather small bug to me.

Same here

Edited by Zebrax

Hello, 

I have purshased your Kavat pack (95 plat). 

When I go to the incubator it is asking me for 10 genetic codes. But they are included in the pack.

I was so happy to be able to get a kavat, but it looks like it is going to take an act of DE to get those genetic codes.

Could you please sort this problem out.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

On 7/9/2016 at 5:39 AM, Dragazhar said:

I bought a segment, a starter kit and some colors.. Incubated a Kavat and went to the dojo to start some research.. I am in the dojo right now and my Kavat I have with me is getting xp just standing here. All I did was start research. its level 7 now. I noticed this when I walked across the hall and went to one of the other lab across from the tenno lab in our dojo.. the infested lab. Prrsiah leveled to 1. I was like ?? then went to the tenno labs and started the research and ding.. another.. turn around and I see +200 spam over Prrsiah's head.. Im like ????.  video inc. My friend was in the dojo with me and his kavat was not doing this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5evtggw8l0r8zc/Kavat Dojo bug.mp4?dl=0

Keep in mind. I left the dojo and the Kavat reset to unranked but. had to show this.

lol, that's pretty interesting. I've never seen a bug like that :P

I know this doesn't seem like a major bug but has anyone else noticed the tail clipping from the leaf pattern tail? It seems to always be clipping through something on the kavat and it made even worse it combat as it clips right through most of the kavat's lower body.

I think I've found a couple. So first one is that the Adarza kavat seems pretty iffy about when it wants to attack and actually finding enemies. Sometimes it will go attack them, sometimes it will run around for like 10 seconds and not do anything, and sometimes it will sit in one spot like an actual cat would probably do (I was shooting and moving to make it go offensive instead of just passive and I guess it just wanted to take a little break). Let's face it, the Kubrow AI is pretty bad but at least I can rely on him to kill things, he misses most the time somehow but at least he always tries to attack. This kavat hardly ever wants to attack and when he does he normally does a backflip off a wall (which is really cool btw, points for that) into the wrong direction or just misses entirely. That should really be looked at (I have a smeeta as well and he seems to be a lot more aggressive however his AI is still pretty iffy at times). The second bug I've found is sometimes they will get stuck on objects/doors when they are doing that useless crouch/growl type of stance. I've seen this happen multiple times and it makes him entirely useless and he will always fall behind, hell I've had him get stuck to the point where the damn thing wouldn't even teleport to me no matter how far away I got. I would suggest just taking that animation out, it's useless and seems to be pretty buggy overall anyways (it also reveals how badly the tails clip as it goes right through them when they crouch down so again, it's pointless). Also, the damage on the Kavats seems very odd compared to Kubrows. Kubrows absolute max damage can be around 10k, it's less than half that for Kavats which while they can have AoE, they never actually seem to pull those attacks off very well. So either have bite add some kind of slash damage or fix their AI a bit to where it's easier for them to actually do AoE attacks as they are pretty rare right now. Lastly, fix the clipping on the tails. I'm pretty curious on how they got past testing with tails that clipped through themselves but it should seriously be looked at, it just looks god awful. Anyways that's about all I found, if somebody else can confirm some of those issues happening to your Kavat it would be appreciated.

Edited by Strange-Music
Fixed my last sentence, the grammar was odd