Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Hi there [DE]Taylor I've come here with a bit of an odd bug or maybe glitch that I've noticed when doing infested missions with my new Adarza Kavat. On Apollodorus where I still frequently go to level things up, there are Toxic Ancients and various other Toxic enemies as you may know, but for some reason, if my Kavat is in the toxin cloud for 1 to 3 seconds it'll die instantly. Go from full HP to needing to be revived in a split second. I find this especially odd because you get Kavat genes from the Derelict which is filled to the brim with Infested enemies which is generally where the Toxic effect comes from. Is this actually a bug or is this planned?

Having some difficulty when a Kavat goes into a downed state during a wall jump. I wasn't able to interact with it at all, and the corpse just kept gaining power from... something? It didn't even stop when the bleedout timer finished. Snapped this just before extraction.

Spoiler

BEBCB804AC648168A4B68BA9B54488599B9542CA

Tengo un problema con los kavats, mi compañero kavat siempre se queda peleando o aveces queda congelado su posicion y sin importar que me valla a una distancia lejana para que me siga o se teletransporte, el no reacciona hasta que no haya ningun enemigo a su alrededor 

13 hours ago, EvokerX said:

I bought kavat starter kit and i dont have any kavat genetic code, just one that i've got from derelict. Also ive got the other stuff like stasis slot and dna stabilazer but not genetic code.

Been onto DE over the past few days.

The 'starter' kit is a play on words, it leads you to think it will actually start the kavat forging  but it actually starts nothing except the process before the forging. The 10 codes you get in the kit are all used in that upgrade you have to forge before you can forge a kavat.

I had to buy 10 more for 50 plats to actually forge the kavat.

. . .and, yeah, I know, stinks of the usual 'cash grab

However, my latest daily gift was 75% off plats so indulged my usual £32.50 for 4,300, so it goes around and comes around.

Crazy, really, I've been here for nearly 3 years, forged over 90% of the gear, yet still managed to spend around £600 :)

Edited by CaptainEras

I often cannot revive my kavat, and this is very run breaking for me. It is simply because when the kavat gets elevated doing jumps, but is killed while elevated, you are not able to reach the prompt or jump to it, losing your kavat for the run. Really really hope for a fix for this soon because I'm just opting to not take mine with me so that I don't just lose it all the time now.

I noticed that when I started to incubate my kavat I could still interact with it. I simply pressed B on my Xbox controller to see that I could interact with my kavat although there are currently 10 hours left. I would also like to say this occured when I was sliding down to get to my Arsenal where my finger slipped on the button B. Please note that this bug may not be anything serious but please look upon it.

Edited by Lil_Little

Is anyone else getting an inordinate amount of pug-faced Smeeta Kavats? I've bred 4 Kavats so far, 1 was Adarza and looks fine, and 3 were Smeeta and ALL had the ugly as hell pug-face. It's getting ridiculous. I don't have the time or patience to keep breeding these for the slim chance I might get a decent looking one. Has anyone actually gotten a decent looking Smeeta? I'm just wondering if I should even both breeding more if they're ALL going to looks like $#!+.

3 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Is anyone else getting an inordinate amount of pug-faced Smeeta Kavats? I've bred 4 Kavats so far, 1 was Adarza and looks fine, and 3 were Smeeta and ALL had the ugly as hell pug-face. It's getting ridiculous. I don't have the time or patience to keep breeding these for the slim chance I might get a decent looking one. Has anyone actually gotten a decent looking Smeeta? I'm just wondering if I should even both breeding more if they're ALL going to looks like $#!+.

I have just the one Smeeta Kavat.

She has all her parts - no missing head - slimline head and body . . .in fact, exactly as she should look, and that was from a 'random' thingy.

She will probably get pollied 5 - 6 times depending on how many it takes to absolutely max her out. My No.1 Kubrow is totally maxed out with over 2000 shield and similar health, only the strongest foes can bring him down, and I want her the same.

The Smeeta is an interesting little critter, I have her going invisible and sending out decoys, and opening locked lockers . . . she makes a noise similar to a Siamese cat I once had :)

Kavat%201_zps0zt5vhcg.jpg

Edited by CaptainEras

17 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

Been onto DE over the past few days.

The 'starter' kit is a play on words, it leads you to think it will actually start the kavat forging  but it actually starts nothing except the process before the forging. The 10 codes you get in the kit are all used in that upgrade you have to forge before you can forge a kavat.

I had to buy 10 more for 50 plats to actually forge the kavat.

. . .and, yeah, I know, stinks of the usual 'cash grab

However, my latest daily gift was 75% off plats so indulged my usual £32.50 for 4,300, so it goes around and comes around.

Crazy, really, I've been here for nearly 3 years, forged over 90% of the gear, yet still managed to spend around £600 :)

Thank you for the info! it really sucks that i pay money for nothing! mainly i need it the genetic codes it was very missleading from DE! 

Not entirely sure if this is a bug, or as intended. But both the Krest and Nesyr gene kits are not changing the fur pattern on the head, Only the body.

This is slightly misleading since the icon for both show a unique fur pattern on their head.

Hoping this is a bug! They look awesome.

This post is heavily edited as I noticed several important details after first posting it.

I got a smeeta kavat today. While viewing it in armory, putting on mods etc., I tried to fuse the basic mods that came with him. What seemed like a failed fusion bug turned out to be something else - the game fused the mod, but then replaced it with a rank 0 duplicate I had in my inventory. So I started with rank 0 mod on kavat and 2 rank 0 mods in inventory, and after fusion I got rank 0 mod on kavat, and a rank 0 and rank 3 mod in inventory. This made me belive the fusion failed, I spent spare mods and money fusing the mod again until I noticed what happened.

My kavat is rank 0, which is probably why, despite my MR, the game decided I don't have room for the mod on my kavat. Still doesn't explain why it switched it for a rank 0 without asking me or notifying me, instead of just taking the mod off like it usually does when the mod cost exceeds capacity after fusion.

I didn't fuse any other equipped mods lately, so I did not notice similar occurances while dealing with anything other than kavats, thus I post this here.

Edited by Kxevineus

When using Loki/Ivara/Ash's invisibility abilities, Kavats are still treated as "visible" by enemies. They still draw aggro, causing enemies to set off the alarms and prevent any kind of stealth runs. This visual bug also happens sometimes:

Spoiler

ojD7ioi.jpg

They are still "visible" to enemies regardless of whether or not that visual bug occurs, however.