Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

The shield buff of the Smeeta's Charm precept gets triggered by Nekros' Desecrate if the Despoil Augment is equipped, so the prevention of the next hit's damage is wasted and overshields are granted immediately. It should work like the mod Health Conversion where Despoil doesn't consume any armor stacks.

I have noticed when i'm running stealth missions with my smeeta that even when it cloaks when i use my cloak the enemies occasionally detect them as if they are not cloaked at all, and this is without the kavat even attacking

My second kavat (smeeta) is missing his head and tail. I bred him 20 Jul. The very first one I breded (adrazda) has a head and tail. This was bred 14 jul. Not sure if it is a species bug, however I would like kavats be complete. If you need any other info, please do let me know.

I have yet to get a Kavat kitten with a tail. I wanted one to stay in kitten form and roam around my ship, but all the kittens have no tail. They get one when I mature them, but... I wanted a kitten. Also, it might be nice if we could change the colors on un-matured kittens?

Kavats that enter bleedout during their wall latch animation keep stuck on the wall.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263842459623694604/4F93294BC301890D69C930C8DE99F2C8C932B135/

Allowing for perfectly reasonable parkour move called 'Wall-latch to anti-gravity rev'.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263842459623695283/DC3EA3DA529E60E503478EC3ABCA9BF826ED8AE4/

2 hours ago, Thelamaking said:

Kavats that enter bleedout during their wall latch animation keep stuck on the wall.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263842459623694604/4F93294BC301890D69C930C8DE99F2C8C932B135/

Allowing for perfectly reasonable parkour move called 'Wall-latch to anti-gravity rev'.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263842459623695283/DC3EA3DA529E60E503478EC3ABCA9BF826ED8AE4/

On my literal first use of a Kavat, it went 'down' while being mid-air. Sadly, I wasn't able to revive it in any way D:

I guess this was mentioned somewhere else before but Kavats get often stuck (some kind of animation issue, I read) and aren't getting relocated even if one is quite a distance away. This often results in the Kavat dying and reaching it fast enough can be difficult (not to mention the involved backtracking).

I used smeeta kavat imprints and ended up with adarza? I spent money/plat on the starter kits so I could make the smeeta kavat and got two smeeta kavat imprints from a friend. I waited the two days for the kavat to hatch and when I logged on hoping to be greeted by a smeeta, instead an adarza came out and this is not at all what I wanted or was expecting. I'm really upset about wasting my plat on those codes, and I don't want to have to go and scan 100 kavats or spend more plat just so I can get what I already paid money for :(

I don't have any screenshots because I was expecting to get what I wanted, which wasn't the case. 

Edited by CrazyRobot264

Not exactly a bug, since it's working as coded - just not sure if as intended:

Smeeta has an RNG buff. An individual ability that can grant different effects with different durations.
New applications override existing buffs, which prematurely terminates the long-duration buffs.

e.g. I just got the 120 sec double pickup boost, which I was rather pleased to get.
Jump forward 26 seconds, when it's overridden by the 'instant reload' buffs. :|
(p.s. Yay for solo-pausing.)

On further checking, it appears to be just visual. You do keep preexisting effects, it's just the UI indicator that's overwritten.

Edited by Chroia

I just matured a smeeta kavat, and then rushed the genetic imprint with platinum, and now I can't equip it in the arsenal as if the imprint hadn't been rushed. Guess I'm out 10 plat, and we'll see if he becomes equipable after the 1.5 hours the imprint usually takes.

Edit: He appeared in the arsenal in the few minutes it took to make this post.

Edited by lavawight
Issue resolved

5 hours ago, ArcaneSnowdrop said:

Colored my Kavat (took me a while because of the energy color)

Spoiler

N2rMWBY.jpg

Went into the upgrade area, came out, and...

Spoiler

YOuJ5RC.jpg

May have been due to adding an Orokin Reactor?

If I remember correctly, I had this phenomenon with a Frame as well. Turns out you have to leave the Arsenal before installing the Reactor to prevent it from happening :(

Spoiler

06a9eedb80.jpg

I just did an Orokin Sabotage mission and my Kavat didn't go through the portal. Needless to say he died a few moments later with me unable to reach him. Not sure if that's due to the general 'getting stuck' bug (some animation problem?) they suffer occasionally or if he simply didn't want or can't go through the portal. They should be ported to the player when one reaches the other side.

Another issue revolves around reviving: using one of your revives isn't a guaranteed option to bring your Kavat back. It only works sometimes; sadly, I have no idea yet what the cause might be.

If you already leveled your Kavats, they will appear as completed only in the "Kubrow" section in: Show Profile / Equipment / Kubrow tab. I provided a screenshots also.

SS1 - Kavat progress works in "Kubrow" section : http://imgur.com/a/0Av3X
SS2- Kavat progress does not work in "All" section : http://imgur.com/a/ePsPm
SS3 - Kavat progress showing in "Santinel" section? Also progress does not work there : http://imgur.com/a/KkUAn

I think that a "Kavat" section only would be great if added soon.

The Hyekka masters drop Kavat Upgrade Segment Blueprints at what appears to be an uncommon rarity. I'm pretty sure they should be dropping Kavat genetic codes. There is just no reason to have 6 upgrade segment blueprints, and the very fact that they drop like that kind rubs in the fact that it takes 10 codes to get even 1 Kavat (and that AFTER you build the segment itself). So yeah, I think this is most likely a bug.

Randomly incubated a second Kavat and was happy to see it was the breed I wanted until I discovered she had no head or tail whatsoever

unknown.png

I've heard of this happening with kavat/kubrow crossbreeds, but this was a random incubation

Edited by ArtiSylv