Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Specters of the Rail

[DE]Drew

Hello, archwing is broken when it was working fine before the update. Please return it to it's original form when it was playable. Surely you have a team to dictate how horrible this turned out. How could a room full of people decide archwing was 'ready to go' before this update? It feels rushed and looks rushed and plays rushed and isn't ninja.

It isn't ninja. Not ninja at all.

Edited by Entropydemic
cussing

The FashionFrame updates are all quite nice as well.

The new holster options are great and detailed, but there are a few bugs. Polearms are just... all sorts of wrong right now. The rest are good! The sword and board sheathing, new swords, nikana placements... all great.

New reload animations are great! Embolist getting its own animations finally, hurrah!

Looking forward to kavats and archwing, haven't done those yet, but I will.

When Archwing was first introduced, the devs said that they tried having 6DOF, and that it really messed with their heads trying to play it. And that's why they simplified it to having a permanent "up" direction.

So WHY are we using it now? It's really messing with my head, trying to fly through a Corpus trench run mission with everything tilted just slightly sideways.

Also, you can't really call it SIX degrees of freedom, because there are no controls to ROLL. If we had this, or at least a "level flight" panic button, maybe my inner ear would stop complaining about the disconnect with what my eyes are feeding in.

Please, either give us a way to quickly level out, or just put it back the way it was!

Edited by Mujaki

There hasn't been a staff reply to any of the problems posted on the forum since Saturday night, it is now Monday morning.. If you submit a ticket to the "support Desk" they direct you to one of the forums, evidently any kind of support issue is a bug.. When an update like this comes out and there are this many problems, a little bit of acknowledgment from the staff goes a long way with the customer base. I understand many are wrapped up in TennoCon, but is that really more important than trying to fix the broken game everyone is trying to play?? Just saying..  

1 hour ago, Mujaki said:

When Archwing was first introduced, the devs said that they tried having 6DOF, and that it really messed with their heads trying to play it. And that's why they simplified it to having a permanent "up" direction.

So WHY are we using it now? It's really messing with my head, trying to fly through a Corpus trench run mission with everything tilted just slightly sideways.

Also, you can't really call it SIX degrees of freedom, because there are no controls to ROLL. If we had this, or at least a "level flight" panic button, maybe my inner ear would stop complaining about the disconnect with what my eyes are feeding in.

Please, either give us a way to quickly level out, or just put it back the way it was!

I think they want receive Space sensation. So far so good for me and what I expecting for space fighting. If you are sick easily, just use a booster a bit so you know where your horizon is. It's a space man

So, before saying anything about the update I'll start with this. 

Ever since the U18.5 trying to play on a low-spec machine became a nightmare. Playing with people became a nightmare as well, firstly, loading any mission (except defense and interception) takes forever - and I mean it - anything from 30 sec to 2 minutes! (and even longer with a squad) and you're probably going to get kicked from the squad and said mission cause it took you too long to load (or even worse if it's a pub game, chances are you'll load forever then get notified the squad is full and you'll load back to liset forever again). Performance dropped heavily even though at times it shows the same FPS as you'd have before but that doesn't explain what's happening on the screen, quite contrary. If in a public mission and someone else joins mid-mission, everything freezes for at least 10 (or more) seconds so good luck staying alive if it was a high-end mission (and being 10k xp away from MR22 that's the only content I play). All this made me lose interest in the game and made me only come once every other day, play a random Void mission (cause everything else bored me to no end, I avoided the rest of the star chart) most likely the ones that drop parts I'm still missing (Fragor and AkStiletto to be precise and this is the first prime access I wasn't even trying to farm because of all the reasons I already stated). I pretty much lost the option of playing with friends and even playing solo survivals (which I enjoyed the most and would run at least 20 of those per week) made me fall asleep before the 20 min mark and I would force myself to somehow stay awake so I can at least get the rotation C reward.

So, in short, soloing Void was pretty much the only thing left for me since the game became almost unplayable and then the update came.

I gave it 2 days before downloading, cause I knew 4 gb of content would hurt in the beginning (it was unavoidable and I don't blame DE for that). So I updated the game this morning and felt like I'm in a completely different game, everything became confusing and chaotic all of a sudden, I lost some experience (had all the nodes unlocked of course) but that's the least of my worries. I had absolutely no idea how anything works, star chart is confusing at best and what happened to the Void, and the way to acquire all the stuff needed and play it - disgusted me. Now, that also wouldn't be surprising if I haven't seen the Devstreams, patch-notes and all that, but I did and I was still completely lost. So I decided to try the new Void and I'm not gonna talk about all the stuff so many people pointed out but the whole idea of a "Void excavation" as many people put it is so boring and counter-intuitive. Next surprise, I thought I was going to play an Exterminate mission but there I was, playing Mobile Defense (no idea how) and there were lots of Nullifiers (nicely buffed) and Bombards, which ins't really a problem but it became a problem when I reached the last part of the mission and finally found the Fissure (and of course I didn't know if I should activate it at once as if it was a prerequisite for completing the last upload - and Lotus sure did seem to lead me think that way - especially since the fissure was on top of my last objective) and all of a sudden there were Nullies all over the place, every single inch of the field was covered with bubbles and the spawn rate was pretty insane considering I was solo. That also wasn't much of a problem (but I imagine what hell it would've been on T4 levels). The problem was that the thingies to close the fissure with simply stopped dropping after 6, so I stayed on 60% until my mission failed and I tried everything I could to get another, slaughtered everything that poured out of that damn hole, ran around and followed the marker (and it never pointed to anything really, simply moved around making it even harder for me to realize what was happening) and to top it all, it was a WORSE version of Excavation and that's the worst mission type ever in my opinion (not to mention how hard it is to actually pick it up from the ground in all the chaos unfolding everywhere around me on a low-spec machine when even my friends with beasts of PCs had problems with that particular thing, and then you have to bring it back and defend the thing while continuously running back and forth). I won't even start about those N1 V2 C whatever marks, I already wrote a book here and this is more than enough for now...

Edit: Didn't even manage to test the new archwings or to scan Kavats cause my game crashed when after the host migration since some people left the squad, my friend became the host and he was set on pub... He started the mission and I crashed while loading and I couldn't bother starting the game again... too many lost nerves already.

Edited by -SHARDS-

So I waited till i played a bit and I love this update, alot of things were improved but the one problem that reared its head is (often im sure) game balance.

With the addition of void fissures ther is no reason to spend 40+ min in any mission coupled with the fact no mission starts with enemies over 40 you are left with alot of very easy mission. 

A max warframe and primary weapon will 1-shot most enemies til 25* making survivals and time based missions more monotonous than old void and other than the random sortie (that can only be done once a day) there is no where to test my friends and I who have worked so ahrd and long on our equipment.

TLDR: game is really fun but i feel like a level 80 stuck in a level 10 zone

I really like this update, especially the starchart rework and the void rework.

The new way to acquire prime items is significantly easier than the old way, thx ,DE!

But after this void rework, I found one of the fun parts of the game has been taken away. Since we no longer need to do those void survival and defense to get some prime parts, we no longer do those mission, which means those super long runs in missions like T3D/S or T4D/S becomes kind of meaningless. However those long runs are one of the funniest thing to do. Maybe people feel boring during the run, but after the run, you can't be more happy when you see the time(waves) you and your teammates have hold on and the awesome rewards you have earned (well, if the GOD OF RNG isn't smiling upon you that day, your rewards will be ... hmm ... disappointing). After this rework, all the fun comes from this has gone. What's more, formaing and maximizing your weapons and warframes becomes useless since you don't have to be challenged by those high-level enemies. (These maxed stuff aren't necessary at all in the new prime items farm.)

I hope we can have some changes about this in future updates(hot fixes). Thx a lot DE!

By the way, sorry for my bad English.

On 9/7/2016 at 3:17 PM, AcedFox said:

The options that got available are a great start for all updates coming ahead. BUT! a big issue. the rails/junctions... the taks you have to do for lower ranks (and even at higher ranks) are to hard or just a LOT of work to go to a other planet. With that there is a bug going on that some tasks do not get registered.

(go to Saturn->Uranus: finish 3 NEO fissures... how to do that for starting players if there is not one single NEO fissure nearby or do not have the option to build them.)

Trying to help a friend get past a juction, (by helping finishing tasks, that do not register) also the relics are not group friendly.. if one player misses the relic he does not het anything out of it. keys were more friendly in this case (maybe leechers were an issue, but not as big right now that you cant help any friends)

Make the task on the first planets a bit easier. and focus on bug fixes that prefent right now any progress on the rails/juctions.

Awaiting any update with open arms in the future.

he is right before you shoud kill boss get new planets repeat (yes that was too easy) but now to start at new your literly bfed if you dont use cash cuz you wont be able to get to other planets if you dont get resources that arent on the planet 

• Like 1