Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Specters of the Rail

[DE]Drew

Junctions. Great. You know, I've always wanted to re-grind everything I did so far. Hours upon hours... Pfft! Who needs life anyway? Now, where's that bottle?! I need a drink before I choke on my sarcasm.

I can't play any node, everytime I click on it it turns yellow for 2 second and nothing happens. was just trying to do Mars junction thingy on Earth E-prime. can't play any node at all....when I press ESC it doesn't show me my profile/squad info on top left also

Hi DE!  its like first time i post smth outside of trade thread.
just wanna thank you alot

solar system is looks nice, but feels disgusting

kavat genocode grinding is disturbingly disgusting

and archwing is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
you even tried rush mission? its impossible! i tried 3 times with itzal and i just CANT REACH IN TIME 

and void system yes. boring and disgusting. and slow, very-very-slow. how the hell i suppose farm ducats for Baro?

new update... a lot of work from DE. don't get me wrong but just a few thing from this update I like. and I want to point the "archwings overhaul" it really sucks! can't control the damn thing how use to and is really slow, plus losing the notion of where the hell is position. 

i dont know if its mentioned and im not here to use the search button before i post smth =) sorry, this dont function as well as the restrictions for free speech here is allready low =))

back to my theme: whats up with the sorties-cash-reward, i cant control if i get it or not as well as it doesnt show up on the end of the sortie.runs

here too, im sorry im not in the mood to control before any mission i do how much of what i have in my inventory, if things like that cant be trusted i get a more then bad feeling and immediately no motivation to go on ...

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Kimaen_jai_Sheelal said:

Hi DE!  its like first time i post smth outside of trade thread.
just wanna thank you alot

solar system is looks nice, but feels disgusting

kavat genocode grinding is disturbingly disgusting

and archwing is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
you even tried rush mission? its impossible! i tried 3 times with itzal and i just CANT REACH IN TIME 

and void system yes. boring and disgusting. and slow, very-very-slow. how the hell i suppose farm ducats for Baro?

I'm glad they're working on this stuff and trying to make it better but seriously DE, I love you as a developer but you need to play your stuff more before you decide its good. Put yourself in the players shoes. 

Also, where is end game? I've been waiting for over a year.

Ok firstly this looks AWESOME. like honestly the menus are beautiful.

HOWEVER this is SO not easier to navigate. The star map is SO scattered and confusing. Also with people on lower resolutions, will have a really hard time seeing the icons of the missions. It was SO much easier before you changed it. Granted it looks AMAZING, but is REALLY not helpful in navigation.

also the market looks great, and i am glad i can see how a skin or weapon will look withought having to buy it first, but it is kinda scattered as well. again the visuals are really awesome but no none of this is easy to navigate. It was nice and simple before, and honestly i prefer the rotating planets and the nodes.

all that said, i am looking forward to the arch-ing stuff and the space kitty lol.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for listening Developers. I really like the new update (except for the star map, which I prefer the one before).  But I forgot to tell you that, the new Star System is very bad in a lot of aspects. Is very confusing, complex. But the only thing I found good is that I know which planet I go after I do an specific mission and what do you need. I suggest the last Star Map with this modification on what planet do I go after doing a mission (Like assassination on the last one) and to leave the connection between planets like it was before, because for some people, you locked the planets again. (Like me, I had Jupiter, Saturn and the Void and now i have to unlock them again, and it wasn't that so easy to pass to the other planet.)

the new star map needs improvement on the contrast of the mission node names (the text gets blended in with the planet visual being too bright).

market changes ruined it.

now there's no blueprint option to show the list of available equipment that is craft-able by blueprint unless you clicked that particular equipment to check

Really dislike the play in the new Relic system, tried a T4(or whatever it's called now) survival and T4 sabotage both were tedious and not much fun. I play solo and not only do I need to fight off the Corrupt but also the enemies from the original mission. 

Grabbing the balls(or what ever they call them)  and putting them back in the rift feels like I'm doing excavation over and over. Never cared fro that game mode and like it even less now.

As for the dogs and cats If I could have my shade and a dog or cat I might be interested. I'm not likely to give up shade for one of animals,

Edited by TwistedVet

Lol what's up people? The update is awesome. Stop crying. It looks like people are getting mad over nothing on this forums these days... Maybe the community really went toxic after all.

And there's a feedback thread if didn't know already....

Just enjoy it and thank the devs for being so nice with the community. 

First 8 kavat scans yielded 5 genetic code bits. Not too bad for farming I thought. I've since done over 40 consecutive scans and not received a single one. I've gotten over twice the number of mods from kavats, which all I have to do is kill them for, than the item I have to go out of my way to get. The RNG needs some serious work.

After the update I might need a Kubrow Whisperer. Damn kubrow wont sit in its place!

Spoiler

ipGyRrR.jpg

Oh also I got stuck below the ramp of my Liset. Ordis is trying to kill me again, help DE!

Spoiler

lPzTaGW.jpg

This update made me sad.

Edited by Adam_Vulpes

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of the new update for numerous reasons... I'll try to offer constructive criticism and not ranting, and hopefully this will lead into fixes. I'll go point by point over each new features.

1 - New Starchart - Rule number one of user interface is functionality over form. Star Chart 2.0 wasn't perfect, but it was efficient at giving you the info you needed. You quickly rotated to the planet you wanted, then you had all nodes clearly labeled, with color coding and easy to decipher logos to indicate if said mission was an alert, a regular node, an invasion, a syndicate mission, a nightmare mode mission. Honestly, the only thing it was missing was a small exit node saying "To earth/mars" whatever, indicating how it said boss node was linked to another planet.

Star Chart 3.0, in contrast, is terribly hard to read and use . Not only do you have to zoom in and out of the whole thing, but even at max zoom, you don't see what each node is, can barely tell what each node is and the logo on these small hexagons, there's no color coding anymore and you have to over over every single node one by one to tell which mission type it is. It's a huge downgrade in user accesibilty, and it honestly makes navigating the star chart a pain compared to how it previously was. Gone are indications of the numbers of nodes cleared , many nodes have been removed (Dark Sectors ?). Don't get me started on controller support... The aiming reticule isn't even properly ajusted with the mouse crosshair and it's even worse. I just want to use my arrow keys to scroll along the path like in Star Chart 1.0 and 2.0... Not having to use my mouse and hover manually over each node to see that it's a survival node and not an alert like I was expecting. And to be honestly, it's not that much better looking than the old one either... I'd say if it isn't broke, don't fix it perfectly applies here, but alas, what's done is done I suppose, now you only need to make sure that "pretty" thing shows us info in an efficient manner like the old system. Please don't do like you did with the mods system interface, when you removed all colors and made them bronze/silver/gold, then made them collapse so your user could no longer tell mods apart from looking at their pictures in their arsenal, forcing them to use only their mod name.

2 - Junctions - I had high hopes for junctions. Judging from what was previously exposed, I was expecting to do cool missions with some lore thrown in and a specter boss. Instead, we get a specter that gets two shotted by most guns and a series of menial tasks to complete on each junction... Very tedious and grindly. Said tasks aren't even coherent with the goal lorewise ... Why do I need to collect ten mods to power up a solar rail again ?

I like the fact that you are distributing rewards and quests in junctions now, and I can see how adding challenges that force new players to experience gameplay features they could otherwise miss makes sense from a new user experience perspective... That said, I think this is communicated terribly... There's no in-mission checklist of what objectives you need to accomplish to unlock a rail, there's no pop up text indicating that you just met a requirement for a solar rail segment... Even worse, the system seems somewhat broken. I swear I acquired 50+ mods and cores since the update, yet the game still pretends I only got 7 mods and I'm stuck not being able to complet a rail. Likewise, it took me six games to get three toxin injector destructions because for some reason, the game would not count them even though I was the one activating and protecting the injector myself...

Also, I find it very frustrating for high MR players and veterans to be treated as noobs and be forced to redo stuff you've already done countless times. Why make us vet kill bosses we've killed numerous times before, why make us equip mods, why make us kill ten eximus when our codex are filled... You get the picture. When you announced vets would have to power up solar rails, I was all "cool", but now that I see each rail requires a series of tedious , grindy tasks like repeating the same node twice (more like six times with the bug). We should get 90% of these objectives credited to us de facto since we've been there ,done that already. I know you're trying to occupy vets with new content, but that's the wrong kind of new content. So please, scan our codex and inventories and credit us with stuff we've already done..

3 - Archwing 2.0 - I think the new freedom of movement system probably has potential, but I can't really tell because the camera is extremely close it it keeps creating vomit inducing situations where it's hard to tell what's going on and I risk losing my lunch. It's especially terrible when it comes to melee.. Your archwing takes up most of the screen and keeps flailing up and down all over the screen... This really needs some work, cause right now I'd say it's a step backwards and it makes the game unplayable for people with motion sickness. Also, it kinda sucks that you snuck platinum costs for archwing slots and archwing weapon slots. I always felt like archwing was kinda tedious in many regards, but tolerable since it was a free feature, but now that you expect people to pay plat for new archwing slots and weapons, I'm sure people will simply give up on the mode...

4 - Market 2.0 - It looks better and I mostly like the new categories... That said, it still somewhat lacks when it comes to functionailty. First of all, the fact that the category menu has to be expanded every time you back out from a section needs to go ASAP... It makes simply browsing around the store quite tedious. Just leave it always open and put the search bar up instead of under it. Another gripe I have is in regards with the weapons... Mainly the fact that you have to click on something that's displayed as costing XXX plat , then press a side tab to see if the item has a blueprint. Basically, I think you need to bring back the "weapon-blueprints" section... That way people can see at a glance which items can be built using blueprints...

5 - Void 2.0 - I can see the idea behind giving people new tilesets to explore instead of being constantly in the void... That said, replacing a very cool, orokin place filled with treasure rooms and cool secrets with generic star chart missions with a rather booring rift closing minigame feels meh... I know most people were burned out of the void at this point, but most people are also burned out of regular star chart missions too anyway... So it's not like you're solving the problem.. And is there any incentive to go into the void anymore nowadays ?

6 - Projections -  Love how on paper you can influence drops more, plus I like the fact that you can choose your projection or one given to another player... That said, this kinda kills solo play (why waste a projection and have a single chance of getting the item when I can play with four people and choose the best drop. It also killls endless void missions for parts/ducats/forma farming, which kinda sucks consider said activities were what endgame was in warframe. Now that one projection equals one void drop... There's no reason anymore to stay very long in endless missions, to make sure a void key has beeen used for it's worth. It still has room to grow, but for now , I liked the old system better ,and I think the old system with a less tedious, RNG based grind would have been a better solution overall.

Won't talk about Kavats since I haven't tried them.. But I do feel kinda pissed about having to grind a whole new set of stances for PVP... Seriously... For all of us that don't like PVP that much and that already find it a daunting task to grind their way to mods/skins/cosmetics... Adding even more PVP grind makes me ill. Anyway, my two cents, sorry about the wall of text.Wish I would be more positive, like I'm usually when updates like the Second Dream or Lunaro comes... But I feel like this update is essentially trying to fix non-problems with worse solutions.

Edited by Tenno_Cobra

6 hours ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Um... ever heard of Lacera? Mios?

Now that was sarcasm and it flew right over me, wasn't it....?

Nah, you're right, I just totally forgot the Mios and Lacera are technically "Sword and Whip" weapons, since they are more like Scissor-Whips.