Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Mission summary remains after completion of the mission.

Edited by 23ThunderSky

This is on the topic of Void Fissures, specifically the reward selections at the end.

Instead of a 15 sec timer, which is too short of a time to look at the rewards, increase the timer to, maybe, 60 sec and have a confirm/ready button for when every one has selected the reward they want. When everyone has selected or the timer runs out the mission will then end.

This update ruined the game for me tbh, when i played this game i would most of the time be soloing survivals or doing long defences etc for prime parts. Now you only get 1 part per mission and it has ruined that for me and a lot of others there is absolutely no point to staying any longer inside the mission than it takes to get the tears and get out this update clearly had no thought of what the players like to do when farming and ruined it for the majority thanks DE i dont know how much longer ill be playing this once amazing game

Great, not only it is a pain to actually progress again...

Now it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for some veterans to progress because THE ENTIRE FREAKING MAP is behind the Vor's Prize quest.

dBCr9bk.jpg

See... When the Vor's Prize quest got introduced, many of us simply opted out of it. It was a good thing that DE added this choice because it's a big quest and at the time I just wanted to play with my friends, not go through a quest I already saw someone else play. Many people did the same. Now, it's impossible for me to play Vors Prize. It's not in my Quest list, and it's impossible to acquire. I've seen many people asking for quests to be re-playable. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY WE NEED QUESTS TO BE REPAYABLE.

Forget the Quest rewards. Fix this ASAP. Add Vors Prize on the market so we can buy it and initiate it or set it to "completed" for everyone who has complited other quests. Or just use this as an opportunity to FINALLY DO THE OBVIOUS and make quests able to be activated again, and make it so that we can skip the quest stages we don't like and get to those we do want to replay on every but the first run.

Edited by Thodor1s

The map is very, very painful now.

Before you could easily see all planets you had, what missions were left to do, how you could plot a path to the next planet and see what nodes were left to unlock for your extractors.

Now, well, it's so unclear compared to before. Faint blue lines vs faint white lines, alerts that don't tell you you can't get to a location, so time consuming to look at every single nde and see if you want to do it, where it leads, and so forth.

The end-user experience mapping was seriously miscalculated, it's really taken away from the game experience.

I expect I'll just have to persevere, but I want to play this for fun, not for it to be a chore.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Blueprints are a separate tab on the item page. If you look at the top right corner, there's an 'about', a 'build', and a 'related tab'. 

Not all. Mesa Blueprint does not have a credit tab. Only About and Related.

And the new chart is very confusing. Hard to tell which nodes has already been done and which are not.

Pls fix Google Chrome replying too! No reason I needa switch to IE just to use forums.

Edited by Extirpator

7 minutes ago, Qtred said:

This update ruined the game for me tbh, when i played this game i would most of the time be soloing survivals or doing long defences etc for prime parts. Now you only get 1 part per mission and it has ruined that for me and a lot of others there is absolutely no point to staying any longer inside the mission than it takes to get the tears and get out this update clearly had no thought of what the players like to do when farming and ruined it for the majority thanks DE i dont know how much longer ill be playing this once amazing game

Yeah,  because obviously this game is about sitting at defense 24/7 farming for a part you want. 

10 minutes ago, Deskhon said:

Yeah,  because obviously this game is about sitting at defense 24/7 farming for a part you want. 

I mean, it was though.Now i have to sit at a hole 24/7 for 1 prime part per key.

I only playtest the void fissure (I'm gonna just call it Rift from now on) at the moment so far. From what I feel, it is quite a challenge to close the rift once it begins but at the same time however :

1. It is also a mess depending on the certain rift location & the void enemies that spawned around it.
  2. Elite-type (Bombard, Nulli, Gunner) Void enemies spawned right off the bat (& it was Tier 1 at the time of playtest) would caught player off guard & leads to salty experience.
  3. Not enough room to breath in between the time limit to close the rift + rng drop of the item required to close the rift + crazy enemies spawned.
  4. Lack of guides/specific narration/quotes on how to actually close the rift. (Found out in a hard way that just it is just the same way like how power cell & excavation drill interact.)
  5. Rift not being a side objective leads to whole mission fail altogether if the rift is not closed in time.

So, the Rift will probably need further tweaking due to bolded text in 1 2 & 3 ...

PS: Thumbs up on the music that plays during the course of closing the Rift.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

27 minutes ago, Thodor1s said:

Now it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for some veterans to progress because THE ENTIRE FREAKING MAP is behind the Vor's Prize quest.

Came here to post this.

Why are you punishing me DE?

The meaning of the new navigation system was to make things more clear.

i dont think that is what actually happend, okey you can see from wich planet you need to go to the next .

not that it is easy to see but at least they tried but for me and for a lot of my friends the navigation system,

is even harder to understand than it was before the update.

it was harder to see the ranking of the planets, but the missions were a lot easier to acces.

32 minutes ago, Thodor1s said:

dBCr9bk.jpg

See... When the Vor's Prize quest got introduced, many of us simply opted out of it. It was a good thing that DE added this choice because it's a big quest and at the time I just wanted to play with my friends, not go through a quest I already saw someone else play. Many people did the same. Now, it's impossible for me to play Vors Prize. It's not in my Quest list, and it's impossible to acquire. I've seen many people asking for quests to be re-playable. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY WE NEED QUESTS TO BE REPAYABLE.

Forget the Quest rewards. Fix this ASAP. Make Quests repayable or make Vors Prize set to "completed" for everyone who has complited other quests. Or just use this as an opportunity to FINALLY DO THE OBVIOUS and make quests able to be activated again, and make it so that we can skip the quest stages we don't like and get to those we do want to replay on every but the first run.

That's a blunder. I think my whole alliance skipped Vor's prize, myself included. At that point it was immersion breaking.

Nice screenshot BTW. That's the crap that would make people quit. I'm hoping this doesn't reach consoles. Like, at all.

The Starchart is incredibly difficult to use. Took my friend and I like 5 minutes to find the type of mission we wanted, the old one was much better in this regard. The new chart looks nice but usability has been thrown out the window it seems :(

The void tear system is also pretty painful. Before the update getting prime parts didn't require an over-complicated system that ends with us getting murdered by arson bombard eximus units. 

The new archwing system is good, being able to shoot while holding shift is a nice change. And woo, archwing weapons are acquirable now! :D 

(but adding a new archwing and then adding paid archwing slots is pretty shady I must say)

The market update was unnecessary. Warframe and weapon blueprints have also been removed so the only way to get frames now is to buy them for plat.

Haven't got a Kavat yet but they look pretty great from what I've seen.

How to fix this:

Revert the starchart, market and void/prime part changes but keep everything else.

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

It is obviously an oversight, give them a day before you blame them for incompetency.

At some point, someone decided to make a requirement to progress a quest which, when implimented, they gave people the option to not play, and never included an option to do that quest at a time of your chosing, possibly with a quest start item from the market.

Incompetence is when you should know better and completely mess it up.

EYE was just making a joke, blowing it out of proportion if you will, because while annoying as hell, its pretty funny to me that I'm mastery 21 and can't progress to Venus.

Also, I keep clicking on the planets to zoom in and starting missions.

Also also I keep clicking on the relays to view the requirements and starting the mission.

I do not know if this is relevant but I'm noticing a lot of crashes and disconnects and the problem seems to be stemming from players trying to use their Focus power ie zenurik, naramon etc while combat is going on. There's no real thread stating where to post that so figured this would be the best place to mention it.