The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really DE? we are talking about how we hate nullifiers and you just... BUFF THEM? REALLY?

Kaiser_Suoh

We should definitely compile a list of affected powers and in what way when dealing with Nullifiers.

In other good news, Nekros' Shadows of the Dead will not be canceled by Nullifier bubbles if Nekros himself gets in range anymore! Shadows will still melt away on touch, but only if they walk into the bubble themselves (like before).

Just now, (PS4)pika9909 said:

I personally think that if they just made it so things like... I dunno BOWS or SNIPER RIFLES go through the bubble. :/

And then you'll just have everyone using bows and snipers in missions with Nulls. You have not only solved nothing but created an even more pointless meta. Go inside the bubble, shoot or melee attack, done.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

One sided? you are using a melee against a single target to take them out, and that use of a melee to take them out is just one of the ways. You can in fact enter the bubble and shoot them. The entire rest of the enemy squad is still there just waiting for your bullets to enter their hides. Do not use "one sided" as an excuse when it isn't applicable.

I'm guessing he means everyone will just switch to that meta-tactic for every nullifier from now on, especially the majority of players who don't want challenges in a grindfest and kill-everything game.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And then you'll just have everyone using bows and snipers in missions with Nulls. You have not only solved nothing but created an even more pointless meta. Go inside the bubble, shoot or melee attack, done.

Because forced Naramon and melee use or forced high rof weapon use are not a useless meta? Nullifiers do more than they were intented for, they do stop endless ability spam, they shouldn't be able to do s. h. i. t. againts weapons.

Edited by Momo93

Just now, PsiWarp said:

We should definitely compile a list of affected powers and in what way when dealing with Nullifiers.

In other good news, Nekros' Shadows of the Dead will not be canceled by Nullifier bubbles if Nekros himself gets in range anymore! Shadows will still melt away on touch, but only if they walk into the bubble themselves (like before).

If one of them touches a bubble, do they all die?

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Or I'll just not play in those missions. Especially not with a WF that relies on buffs to function. 

Just now, MacabreHaze said:

If one of them touches a bubble, do they all die?

No, only that 1 shadow will die. Also, because of how DE worded the Nullifier changes to be confusing... rest assured that you can still summon Nullifier Shadows and no, they won't kill your other shadows if they touch the bubble.

i just idea how to fix them, just copy paste mass effect 3 multplayer collectors swarms, if you dont kill swarm so they touch you and they disable your abilitys for 5 seconds? so that way all weapon types would be good??? 

7 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:

If you run Tigris and Lex (like I often do) you're pretty #*($%%@ weapon wise.

Even though this setup makes sense gameplay wise -> Tigris for short range and Lex for long range.

Actually I go Hek and any sidearm I please coupled with a Jat Kittag as a Frost. Hek slaughters any unprotected enemy. Sidearm handles as my other element for stalker attacks and for when downed, if its a higher RoF sidearm all the better at the time for clutch situations. Jat is mostly used to CC a group of enemies by ragdolling them, giving me the time to either use any of my 4 abilities to deal with the group depending on how clustered they are or if allies are around as well as time to selectively take out targets in a tactical pattern of highest priority to lowest. That is purely the style I chose for most high end stuff, but I use a variety of weapons, typically multi-target, high damage weapons and get by just fine. I use frost simply because his playstyle is the one Ive played the most and the one which my muscle memory is best with.

3 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

Because forced Naramon and melee use or forced high rof weapon use are not a useless meta? Nullifiers do more than they were intented for, they do stop endless ability spam, they shouldn't be able to do s. h. i. t. againts weapons.

Yes, because abilities are the only thing that is overpowered in this game. Guns? Nah, not overpowered in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I'm guessing he means everyone will just switch to that meta-tactic for every nullifier from now on, especially the majority of players who don't want challenges in a grindfest and kill-everything game.

The Nullifier isn't a challenge anymore than Ordis is. Do not confuse complaining about something to be a signfier of its ability to provide a challenge. Most if not all of the anti-nulli know exactly how to deal with the nullifier, and kill it. However we know this ends up creating a game play where you just do one thing. 

You want to know who actually provide challenges? Sentients. You've got to stay on your toes while dealing with them and observe what damages are gated. You can't just W+EEEE up at them and expect to win. Ancient Healers. Maybe not them directly, but when you start wacking on a corrupt lancer and trying to figure out why you can't kill it, you look around for one of these sick puppies, and take them down first. 

8 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The only high levels that would be a problem are sorties, which are intended to be hard, and high wave endless missions, which are supposed to be hard. Stop expecting the game to be easy forever in every mission.

Even mid level nullies are a problem for frames like mag, who must leave the safety that her bubbles are *supposed* to be protection for her in order to even shoot at them. Even trying to get close is extremely risky for a frame like mag, even at lower levels.

9 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

One sided? you are using a melee against a single target to take them out, and that use of a melee to take them out is just one of the ways. You can in fact enter the bubble and shoot them. The entire rest of the enemy squad is still there just waiting for your bullets to enter their hides. Do not use "one sided" as an excuse when it isn't applicable.

I love how people keep countering the idea that nullifiers reduce the number of viable playstyles by parroting the same strategy over and over again. We get it, you can go inside the bubble. We all know that. Some of us want to play squishy frames, and actually enjoy depending on powers to survive.

2 hours ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

My problem with Nullifiers is and always has been the way they restrict playstyle. Active buffer melee? Nope, you have to facecharge bombards naked into the bubble to be anything close to resembling effective, and that's a good way to get killed. Sniper? Ha! You have to dump an entire mag into one to just take down the bubble, and the bubble will likely come back up after you reload anyway. If Nullifiers are going to be anti-powers, that's fine. But don't make them anti-gun too. You're shoehorned into running a high ROF weap or a frame with absurdly high tank to kill nullies. And with how many of the things spawn, they're beyond annoying and overall frustrating.

it is called a secondary 

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Even mid level nullies are a problem for frames like mag, who must leave the safety that her bubbles are *supposed* to be protection for her in order to even shoot at them. Even trying to get close is extremely risky for a frame like mag, even at lower levels.

I love how people keep countering the idea that nullifiers reduce the number of viable playstyles by parroting the same strategy over and over again. We get it, you can go inside the bubble. We all know that. Some of us want to play squishy frames, and actually enjoy depending on powers to survive.

Then you can shoot the bubbles like everyone else choosing to approach them that way and still end up killing them.

5 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

oh look!  an enemy that is properly functioning!  why DE why!  

seriously... you all complain about the weirdest things...

No Nullifiers aren't properly working as they are the MOST broken unit in the whole game, please go re-read the tons of post about them to understand why

14 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Actually I go Hek and any sidearm I please coupled with a Jat Kittag as a Frost. Hek slaughters any unprotected enemy. Sidearm handles as my other element for stalker attacks and for when downed, if its a higher RoF sidearm all the better at the time for clutch situations. Jat is mostly used to CC a group of enemies by ragdolling them, giving me the time to either use any of my 4 abilities to deal with the group depending on how clustered they are or if allies are around as well as time to selectively take out targets in a tactical pattern of highest priority to lowest. That is purely the style I chose for most high end stuff, but I use a variety of weapons, typically multi-target, high damage weapons and get by just fine. I use frost simply because his playstyle is the one Ive played the most and the one which my muscle memory is best with.

Dude, I'll give you real situations as well ok?

You play a squishy frame, perhaps even one that relies on abilities to survive.

You run the afforementioned Lex + Tigris. You encounter a Nullifier (that is if it's just one) with a bombard in the bubble. Would you consider it particularly rare combo? I wouldn't and if it isn't bombard it's heavy gunner. Oh or two shotgunners, those alone are perfectly capable of killing you in a second. And I'm not even talking really squishy frame, I'm talking like Volt which is somewhere in the middle.

So you run into the bubble, now you have 2 options:

1) Get knocked down and die. Which is what will happen unless you oneshot all threats in that bubble upon entry. 

2) You go the melee route and block the knockdown (if you don't you're dead). Well, now you have a real shot at surviving... one little story for ya though. I've been killed before during that delay which happens when you block knockdown. Didn't I feel like a right tosser, playing all smart and S#&$, blocking it and then dying anyway.

Now, at what point does this crazy stuff happen. T4 Wave 100? T4 Survival 60 minutes?

Nope, I've been one-shot at 20 minutes in T4 Sruvival (solo of course, you get ALL the aggro) exactly in this way. You enter the bubble and boom you're dead.

So it's spray primary/secondary for me! For eeeevery void mission. And switch to it every 10 seconds. I don't have any issues when I play my melee frames, but for fucks sake sometimes I would like to branch without getting punished for it.

Edited by LocoWithGun

2 minutes ago, MacabreHaze said:

The Nullifier isn't a challenge anymore than Ordis is. Do not confuse complaining about something to be a signfier of its ability to provide a challenge. Most if not all of the anti-nulli know exactly how to deal with the nullifier, and kill it. However we know this ends up creating a game play where you just do one thing. 

You want to know who actually provide challenges? Sentients. You've got to stay on your toes while dealing with them and observe what damages are gated. You can't just W+EEEE up at them and expect to win. Ancient Healers. Maybe not them directly, but when you start wacking on a corrupt lancer and trying to figure out why you can't kill it, you look around for one of these sick puppies, and take them down first. 

Nullifiers limit our abilities and some guns, so do the Sentients. Sentients mitigate a type of dmg after a percentage of that type is dealt to its health. Nullifiers limit your options to using a close-to-mid-range gun or melee or dropping a penta-nade to kill. It's a challenge if it gets you killed when you do something wrong.

It's 'annoying' because it limits your preferred way to kill, sentients kinda do that too. So, I'm actually a bit okay with a few more changes to nullifiers. Like making punch through able to shoot thru bubble (maybe 2.1-3 meters?) and/or making bubbles like Snow Globe's health instead of taking a certain number of hits to burst it.

34 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

How exactly is it going to work with abilities like equinox's mend & maim and pacify & provoke which work with a radius, will it cancel out when Equinox enters the bubble or when the radius touches the bubble. 

It does not cancel if they enter the radius of Pacify and Provoke!

-still rather irritable that you can't kill them from outside of the bubble with bows-

Just now, LunarEdge7 said:

Nullifiers limit our abilities and some guns, so do the Sentients. Sentients mitigate a type of dmg after a percentage of that type is dealt to its health. Nullifiers limit your options to using a close-to-mid-range gun or melee or dropping a penta-nade to kill. It's a challenge if it gets you killed when you do something wrong.

It's 'annoying' because it limits your preferred way to kill, sentients kinda do that too. So, I'm actually a bit okay with a few more changes to nullifiers. Like making punch through able to shoot thru bubble (maybe 2.1-3 meters?) and/or making bubbles like Snow Globe's health instead of taking a certain number of hits to burst it.

sentients however don't have a high of a spawn rate as nullifiers. They spawn 4~5 at a time, once, on moon missions (Pre-update). Trying to spontaneously fly by jumping off a cliff could get you killed as well if something goes wrong. But does that mean it is a challenge? 

i like the atomos for Nullies, i get upwards of 4k per second on it, good fire rate, awesome damage, and with extended range you can still kill the nullies before they touch anything you love.

1 minute ago, LocoWithGun said:

Dude, I'll give you real situations as well ok?

You play a squishy frame, perhaps even one that relies on abilities to survive.

You run the afforementioned Lex + Tigris. You encounter a Nullifier (that is if it's just one) with a bombard in the bubble. Would you consider it particularly rare combo? I wouldn't and if it isn't bombard it's heavy gunner. Oh or two shotgunners, those alone are perfectly capable of killing you in a second. And I'm not even talking really squishy frame, I'm talking like Volt which is somewhere in the middle.

So you run into the bubble, now you have 2 options:

1) Get knocked down and die. Which is what will happen unless you oneshot all threats in that bubble upon entry. 

2) You go the melee route and block the knockdown (if you don't you're dead). Well, now you have a real shot at surviving... one little story for ya though. I've been killed before during that delay which happens when you block knockdown. Didn't I feel like a right tosser, playing all smart and S#&$, blocking it and then dying anyway.

Now, at what point does this crazy stuff happen. T4 Wave 100? T4 Survival 60 minutes?

Nope, I've been one-shot at 20 minutes in T4 Sruvival (solo of course, you get ALL the aggro) exactly in this way. You enter the bubble and boom you're dead.

Volt, right?

3) Using Current Shield, march forward, squeeze into bubble with a slide attack (Elec Shield gets taken away from you since bubble), bullet jump the fack away afterwards to deal with remaining enemies.

4) Bullet jump on enemies inside bubble, they get staggered/stunned/slowed/panic (Unless Toxin/Puncture/Slash, do not use this tactic), then use that time to kill nullifier, jump right out to deal with the other enemies.