The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Roll Required

MadMav737

Yup, need to be able to manually roll archwings now. This whole "six degrees of freedom" thing is just peachy, but without being able to manually, as in; whenever I want, control left/right roll this new "freedom" gets confusing as all get out! It's not AS BAD in open space missions, but if you're inside a ship it's utter hell not being able to control orientation at will.

I'm not sure how this got glossed over, as it's the lynchpin of the AW redesign.

Ironically, I've been in AW all day (since about 3:30am) having fun. The update dropped and now my eyes hurt, my hands hurt, and my head hurts. Hopefully they get the roll/pitch under control. Using left and right on my thumb stick ought to adjust the pitch of my turn not the yaw of it. Pursuit is a nightmare while trying to manhandle the crosshair.

Ok so I haven't tested this yet in game- but in EVERY GAME I've ever played that had a similar control scheme for flight- if you twirl the mouse clockwise/counterclockwise in small circles that don't majorly change your vision IN THE DIRECTION you want to roll- it rolls you. It's gradual, and I definitely see the reasons to desire a manual roll button- but until that POSSIBLY happens, you can try that out in the meantime to help you out.

Additionally- if you swing your melee weapon it reorients you "upright" gradually as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted exactly this kind of freedom from archwings from release, but i completely agree. Between FOV and the automatic roll control, the game becomes disorientating. Larger FoV and having the option of manual archwing control would be fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

I was a fan of AW before the change but not now, I don't play flight sims I doubt many WF players do, if you want 6 degrees of movement I guess you want a full joystick/throttle setup but I'm not liking it at all on mouse and keyboard.

It was bearable with the auto correct feature but the move to auto correct through movement is just badly thought out and implemented, I'm lost and disorientated. Well then what you need to do is blast forward about 300m and we may tell you which way is up and which way is down but chances are you'll be just as lost as before.

Edited by ilson

I'm reviving this thread. Because apparently for all the new archwing improvment threads I've seen. NOT ONE, Has mentioned including roll controls. Inb4 its there just hidden, no thats not the proper solution. What we need is roll controls option so we change out orientation on the fly. Not stop midlight to roll, or doing donuts to the correct plane.

You people need to play flight sims or at least watch them. Since from what I'm seeing here. None of you can f%(king dance with the angels.

Edited by Gunstray