Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit Acquisition Rate Greatly Reduced from SotR

Biscotchi

Prior to the SotR update, I was credit farming to rank up my mods and attempted to continue doing so after the update. However, whether intentionally or unintentionally, DE has removed most of the major farming spots for credits with this update. 

Sorties: Possibly a bug, but aside from credits dropped from enemies, the 20k/30k/50k credit awards from sorties are not being awarded.

Void Towers: Previously one of the best ways to acquire credits, awarding 10k-20k per run, their replacements, the starchart void missions and fissure missions award very little credits for the same amount of work, typically 4-5k per run.

Dark Sector Missions: Prior to the update, the highest level dark sector missions gave a base reward of 18k-20k credits. Post update, dark sector mission rewards have been reduced to roughly 12k credits (or at least ceres, sedna, and eris do).

Trials: Don't run them myself since I tend to solo, so maybe someone else can see if the rewards from these have changed or not and respond below.

I don't know if this is just a combination of bugs and oversight from programming in all the new content or if this is all intentional to push credit/credit boosters purchases with platinum, but this is going to be a serious issue going forward unless DE is planning to reduce the 1mil+ credit cost of upgrading legendary mods and the like.

Added note on credit boosters: While it appears that credit boosters are bugged, they actually aren't. From checking my credit pool before and after missions, it appears that the credit rewards listed on the mission results  screen only show the base credits awarded, but you do actually receive double the amount listed.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "PSA" tag

16 minutes ago, Biscotchi said:

Added note on credit boosters: While it appears that credit boosters are bugged, they actually aren't. From checking my credit pool before and after missions, it appears that the credit rewards listed on the mission results  screen only show the base credits awarded, but you do actually receive double the amount listed.

Ah thanks, i was wondering if it was bugged

I bought one booster 2 days ago because i decided to farm the void for ducats / credits and burn a lot of fast keys before the update, guess i made the right choice...

Edited by Gilmaesh

2 hours ago, Biscotchi said:

Thanks for this.  I was beginning to wonder if the boosters I have were actually working.  Hopefully they revert it back to "normal", I feel that was just fine.

13 hours ago, Stormcrown said:

This was such a bad day to try and get back into Warframe. Holy crap.

I'll come back in a few weeks...

Welcome to my world. I got back recently and treated me a Prime Access as birthday present. I loved it to be back and then the update came. I really really really regret getting that Prime Access now. But sometimes it needs to hurt for me to learn.

It is like DE is ripping everything apart that makes Warframe stand out from other games.