Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Primes (Nekros/Tigris/Galatine) revealed at Tennocon! + Discusssion and Fedback

Vali

Just now, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

What I'm expecting is him to perform decent enough in a damage dealing regard, that I don't look at my nekros and go....ehhhh....[x] would be better. Yes, more drops are great. But that's the only unique thing that HIS frame brings to the table. And it just doesn't make up the difference, in my opinion, of other frames who share his CCs or his CCs plus more with other, more beneficial and reliable, unique abilities. I mean, even to a degree, Soul Survivor is rendered a bit less useful with Terrify, even without the aug mod.

That is subjective, but I see your point. However I don't believe Nekros is a damage frame, so....

DE is taking a look at him, so let's see what comes up. Don't think we will see anything drastic, at least not until the clamorous three are reworked.

28 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

That is subjective, but I see your point. However I don't believe Nekros is a damage frame, so....

DE is taking a look at him, so let's see what comes up. Don't think we will see anything drastic, at least not until the clamorous three are reworked.

If it were up to me, I would move desecrate to passive (maybe as an aura) enemies killed within say 30-50 meters have x chance to drop health orb, if they do, they get another roll at their loot table. So literally desecrate. Maybe axe the health orb drop for the desecrate replacement listed at the bottom or throw the Health orb drop as part of the loot table. Or all on it's own would probably work better and simply have the chance to reroll the loot table simply be an independent mechanic.

Soul Punch needs to scale. It just doesn't as it stands right now (And i suspect this is probably what they are looking at the most) so if they had it deal finisher damage instead of impact and the AoE damage = to say 20% of the damage dealt to the original target, they MIGHT have to nerf it a LITTLE to compensate for the really low cost (Because a str build could put it almost at Ash's Blade Storm damage without the slash proc. I'd say 400 finishing damage would probably be a good place to start then gauge from there) and keep the aug of healing, but have it cost 100 energy + cost and for every point you DON'T have to pay this (The minimum needed being cost) your target is revived with % less health so say total cost was 25 + 100 = 125 and you had 126, he has full health. But if you only had 65, he would revive with only 40% of health.

Terrify, as it stands, I actually don't hate. I think it fits both with his general build and the concept of being the grim reaper.

Shadows of the Dead, I don't hate, although I don't feel like it is very useful sometimes. It just doesn't ever feel like they are being super useful in reference to other frames, but I believe it's a AI problem more than a damage/health/blah blah problem. They don't die very often, they deal somewhat reasonable damage considering that they are based on the enemies used to generate them. My single complaint with them is that souls are expended to generate them. This means Nekros himself needs to be able to kill in order to restock this hidden cost. If they changed this to "When you or your allies kill a target" or "souls are reusable" then I feel like this would be a comfortable spot for this skill. I like that it fits with his kit and his lore but that has been a small gripe of mine since I've gotten him. That said, yes, weapons can be used to rack up those 7-15 kills with little issue but if you are going for a tank build, particularly in a group, your build is heavily impacted by a lack of kills on your part, either due to team mates killing faster or to your weapons being unable to kill in a small enough time frame.

Now, since we put desecrate as the passive, this frees up another slot and I'd like to see something that fits in with the kit. We have single target DPS with small AoE damage, CC, and minions. I have considered maybe some sort of curse that would improve damage that works a bit like Equniox' Provoke, an AoE circle constant around the caster, maybe dealing small DoT damage and/or improving the damage of shadows (Maybe while nerfing the clone damage buff on the spell) but I feel like his kit probably needs some sort of self sustain to make up for the loss of desecrate. So I figured a toggle curse that absorbs HP. Maybe like 10 finisher damage per target in the AoE OR 10 damage dealt by per shadow within range per attack absorbed as health. The numbers there might need balancing to consider that his health may not ever be higher than 1000 and if you have 15 clones on the field that's like 150 hp per second if they maintain a DPS 1 shot per second (Which, cmon, some mobs fire waaaaaay faster) or it could be % of damage based or even just % of max health based. I think that would fit well into his kit and give him a little survivability but I'll concede that if that were the case, his ability to tank with an Augged Shadows would be absolutely through the rough.

Edit: I thought I'd explain, considering Nerkos' current passive. HIs passive is a small amount of health on enemy death in a very small range. I feel that it should be on damage and it should be adjustable to stats, That's why I'd rather swap the two.

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori

I wished 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

If it were up to me, I would move desecrate to passive (maybe as an aura) enemies killed within say 30-50 meters have x chance to drop health orb, if they do, they get another roll at their loot table. So literally desecrate. Maybe axe the health orb drop for the desecrate replacement listed at the bottom or throw the Health orb drop as part of the loot table. Or all on it's own would probably work better and simply have the chance to reroll the loot table simply be an independent mechanic.

Soul Punch needs to scale. It just doesn't as it stands right now (And i suspect this is probably what they are looking at the most) so if they had it deal finisher damage instead of impact and the AoE damage = to say 20% of the damage dealt to the original target, they MIGHT have to nerf it a LITTLE to compensate for the really low cost (Because a str build could put it almost at Ash's Blade Storm damage without the slash proc. I'd say 400 finishing damage would probably be a good place to start then gauge from there) and keep the aug of healing, but have it cost 100 energy + cost and for every point you DON'T have to pay this (The minimum needed being cost) your target is revived with % less health so say total cost was 25 + 100 = 125 and you had 126, he has full health. But if you only had 65, he would revive with only 40% of health.

Terrify, as it stands, I actually don't hate. I think it fits both with his general build and the concept of being the grim reaper.

Shadows of the Dead, I don't hate, although I don't feel like it is very useful sometimes. It just doesn't ever feel like they are being super useful in reference to other frames, but I believe it's a AI problem more than a damage/health/blah blah problem. They don't die very often, they deal somewhat reasonable damage considering that they are based on the enemies used to generate them. My single complaint with them is that souls are expended to generate them. This means Nekros himself needs to be able to kill in order to restock this hidden cost. If they changed this to "When you or your allies kill a target" or "souls are reusable" then I feel like this would be a comfortable spot for this skill. I like that it fits with his kit and his lore but that has been a small gripe of mine since I've gotten him. That said, yes, weapons can be used to rack up those 7-15 kills with little issue but if you are going for a tank build, particularly in a group, your build is heavily impacted by a lack of kills on your part, either due to team mates killing faster or to your weapons being unable to kill in a small enough time frame.

Now, since we put desecrate as the passive, this frees up another slot and I'd like to see something that fits in with the kit. We have single target DPS with small AoE damage, CC, and minions. I have considered maybe some sort of curse that would improve damage that works a bit like Equniox' Provoke, an AoE circle constant around the caster, maybe dealing small DoT damage and/or improving the damage of shadows (Maybe while nerfing the clone damage buff on the spell) but I feel like his kit probably needs some sort of self sustain to make up for the loss of desecrate. So I figured a toggle curse that absorbs HP. Maybe like 10 finisher damage per target in the AoE OR 10 damage dealt by per shadow within range per attack absorbed as health. The numbers there might need balancing to consider that his health may not ever be higher than 1000 and if you have 15 clones on the field that's like 150 hp per second if they maintain a DPS 1 shot per second (Which, cmon, some mobs fire waaaaaay faster) or it could be % of damage based or even just % of max health based. I think that would fit well into his kit and give him a little survivability but I'll concede that if that were the case, his ability to tank with an Augged Shadows would be absolutely through the rough.

I wish Soul-Punch worked like it stole half of the SP-ed enemies health and applied it across Nekros and Allies. If there was surplus health it could be applied as armor.

Maybe it would be too powerful, but it would scale so well! And make him so much more amazing at supporting, eh?

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I wished 

I wish Soul-Punch worked like it stole half of the SP-ed enemies health and applied it across Nekros and Allies. If there was surplus health it could be applied as armor.

Maybe it would be too powerful, but it would scale so well! And make him so much more amazing at supporting, eh?

That's not a bad idea given that it is able to be cast so quickly in succession and it has a really low cost. It still wouldn't be too powerful because I'm guessing you don't want to change it's current damage from impact or a flat 500 damage adjusted to str. It would scale as a support skill though.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

That's not a bad idea given that it is able to be cast so quickly in succession and it has a really low cost. It still wouldn't be too powerful because I'm guessing you don't want to change it's current damage from impact or a flat 500 damage adjusted to str. It would scale as a support skill though.

Yeah, have it scale, provide support, and be a handy buff.

Plus stealing life essence suits his theme, eh?

24 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

that is not a question

And that is a completely pointless, mean comment.

I do not believe the date is set yet but I suggest looking up the dates of previous prime releases to estimate the time more-or-less.

1. what the hell is his face supposed to be? Some sort of flower/moth/skull thingy!

2. if the tigris prime is better than sancti, will it eventually get nerfed?

3. will the prime accessories come with a cool new armour?

4. will nekros get a rework before his prime comes out?

Hello Tenno,

I just watched Mogamu's new vid and he displayed that Nekros prime as well as tigris and galatine prime are on there way. Will the tigris prime be better than the sancti? Will the galatine prime be the new melee weapon that deals the most base damage i.e. more than war? I don't really care about Nekros all that much tbh. 

Edited by (XB1)CitrusTheNile

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Too early to tell at the moment for either of those. However, I genuinely hope that the Prime Tigris is a sidegrade to the Sancti Tigris like how the Prime Boltor is a sidegrade to the Telos Boltor.

Interesting. I didn't know that the Boltor prime is subpar to the Telos. I will have to pick one up. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)CitrusTheNile said:

Interesting. I didn't know that the Boltor prime is subpar to the Telos. I will have to pick one up. 

I didn't say subpar. Not sure where you got that idea. I said it was a sidegrade. One is better than the other in one thing, while the other is better in another thing.