Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Primes (Nekros/Tigris/Galatine) revealed at Tennocon! + Discusssion and Fedback

Vali

Mortos Prime Syandana wouldn't be a thing I don't expect... due to the fact that its a Necro's only item, meaning its 100% devalued the second you swap to another frame.

I'd just assume they'd incorporate an updated or 'new' model for the Mortos Syandana when attached to the Prime rather then an entire new item. Here's hoping anyways.

Edited by SilverZs

On 7/9/2016 at 3:02 PM, tyny89 said:

It gotta be waaay stonger if its going to beat the Corrosive aoe and Health restore proc of Purity...

Weather its stronger or not I just hope we finally get the ability to shoot one shot at a time instead of the stupid freaking duplex-auto.

@BuildProne

Weather its stronger or not I just hope we finally get the ability to shoot one shot at a time instead of the stupid freaking duplex-auto.

("Wether")
I think they'll actually do a "Vectis" and double the magazine.
Double duplex semi-auto burst, basically. That sounds awesome.... ( ° -°)

On another note...
Me wants.
Such shiny, much wow.
Pew-pew.

Edited by Vastarov
Added the Quote. Dunno why sometimes it doesn't work...

1 hour ago, SilverZs said:

Mortos Prime Syandana wouldn't be a thing I don't expect... due to the fact that its a Necro's only item, meaning its 100% devalued the second you swap to another frame.

I'd just assume they'd incorporate an updated or 'new' model for the Mortos Syandana when attached to the Prime rather then an entire new item. Here's hoping anyways.

Why not regain some customer's goodwill and faith by including the Mortos Prime as part of Nekros Prime? After the forum fires created from the Vault Prime bundle, the buggy release of SotR (due to deadline constraint), and the Nova Deluxe skin, DE can make a little headway if they release a character-specific feature to a prime version. The Prime Accessories can be a Kavat Armor or something.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

1 hour ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Why not regain some customer's goodwill and faith by including the Mortos Prime as part of Nekros Prime? After the forum fires created from the Vault Prime bundle, the buggy release of SotR (due to deadline constraint), and the Nova Deluxe skin, DE can make a little headway if they release a character-specific feature to a prime version. The Prime Accessories can be a Kavat Armor or something.

In what world do you live in that they would even consider that to happen? Cosmetics are their cashcow, its not going to happen.

I knew it would be Nekros. I will definitely buy this as it holds a special meaning to me. My very first Warframe and the one that was fresh out of DE's oven back in 2013 when I joined. Goodness where has all that time gone? 

Everyone is praising this and I'm sitting here wondering when has nekros been requested for any mission for a reason besides farming. Like I get nostalgia because it was one of my early frames. It was also one of my early disappointments because his kit doesn't fit anything that can't be outperformed by another frame with the exception of farming. And even then, only drop chance as opposed to Hydroid's quantity drop. So now he's not even good for farming common mats. What is the hype?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Everyone is praising this and I'm sitting here wondering when has nekros been requested for any mission for a reason besides farming. Like I get nostalgia because it was one of my early frames. It was also one of my early disappointments because his kit doesn't fit anything that can't be outperformed by another frame with the exception of farming. And even then, only drop chance as opposed to Hydroid's quantity drop. So now he's not even good for farming common mats. What is the hype?

Tried the augment builds? He's one of the most versatile frames around today.

Just because people use a certain build doesn't man others don't exist.

9 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Tried the augment builds? He's one of the most versatile frames around today.

Just because people use a certain build doesn't man others don't exist.

Alright, we can do this. Soul Survivor rezzes an ally at the expense of all your hp. Bring a trin and you could rez them faster with her passive and prevent them from going down anyway. Also applies to mag, who can restore shields while dealing damage. Proactive. So the only time I'd bring that Aug is if I had nothing else to put in the mod slot (LOLOL that's never happened in warframe ever though.) or if I planned on desecrating with despoil aug as a back up to rez someone who's guarding me without having to stop due to squishiness. Creeping terrify is literally a slova aug. Compliments a duration build well, but since Shadows does seemingly diddle all of damage, you are better off bringing a slova. I've seen better slova builds from nova than nekros. Despoil is simply a way of spamming desecrate which is for farming so moving along, shield of shadows. Can help build a tankier nekros, but for that you could bring Valk, Rhino, Frost, or Inaros, who all have better crowd control or buffs than Nekros anyway. He has no end game abilities because soul punch stops being effective by about level 30 enemies, even on a str build. And since equinox can do most of those things plus heal AND actually do damage for just about the same level of squishiness, he isn't even top tier on a hybrid frame.

Just now, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Alright, we can do this. Soul Survivor rezzes an ally at the expense of all your hp. Bring a trin and you could rez them faster with her passive and prevent them from going down anyway. Also applies to mag, who can restore shields while dealing damage. Proactive. So the only time I'd bring that Aug is if I had nothing else to put in the mod slot (LOLOL that's never happened in warframe ever though.) or if I planned on desecrating with despoil aug as a back up to rez someone who's guarding me without having to stop due to squishiness. Creeping terrify is literally a slova aug. Compliments a duration build well, but since Shadows does seemingly diddle all of damage, you are better off bringing a slova. I've seen better slova builds from nova than nekros. Despoil is simply a way of spamming desecrate which is for farming so moving along, shield of shadows. Can help build a tankier nekros, but for that you could bring Valk, Rhino, Frost, or Inaros, who all have better crowd control or buffs than Nekros anyway. He has no end game abilities because soul punch stops being effective by about level 30 enemies, even on a str build. And since equinox can do most of those things plus heal AND actually do damage for just about the same level of squishiness, he isn't even top tier on a hybrid frame.

Alright, we can do this.

With a health conversion mod with Despoil and Equilibrium, he becomes a self-sustaining tank. Despoil and Shadows of The Dead with a strength build make him an aggro drawing tank capable of good damage as well. Creeping Terrify with Health conversion and Despoil make him a CC tank that strips armor. 

But don't take my word for it. Go ingame, put on the builds and tweak them, then run some missions. 

Possibilities are endless.

Just now, Evanescent said:

Alright, we can do this.

With a health conversion mod with Despoil and Equilibrium, he becomes a self-sustaining tank. Despoil and Shadows of The Dead with a strength build make him an aggro drawing tank capable of good damage as well. Creeping Terrify with Health conversion and Despoil make him a CC tank that strips armor. 

But don't take my word for it. Go ingame, put on the builds and tweak them, then run some missions. 

Possibilities are endless.

Okay, I already covered the tank build. It's outperformed by at LEAST 2 other frames, Chroma and Inaros are both self sustaining as hell, even in end game. Both provide more CC than even a creeping terrify. Equinox has a self sustaining tank build that doesn't work as well as those two but still brings heals, damage, power increase, and slow to the table. The tank build is nearly a solo build. As for the good damage aspect, no. Shadows compliment his damage with weapons but since weapons are universal to frames, I don't include many of them in the build plans unless they directly apply a bonus perk not seen in other frames, (i.e. Telos weapons proccing gas, which can spread spores insanely quickly)

I've played the build and I still wouldn't choose nekros over any of those three UNLESS i was farming, which brings me back to the point of him being a farm frame. Frankly, his entire kit is crippled by the fact that desecrate is a skill. It takes one whole skill slot to do something when it could be swapped with something that could give him more end game utility and instead change his passive to desecrate. I WANT nekros to be good. But he just doesn't shine in any measure beyond farming hard to obtain drops.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Okay, I already covered the tank build. It's outperformed by at LEAST 2 other frames, Chroma and Inaros are both self sustaining as hell, even in end game. Both provide more CC than even a creeping terrify. Equinox has a self sustaining tank build that doesn't work as well as those two but still brings heals, damage, power increase, and slow to the table. The tank build is nearly a solo build. As for the good damage aspect, no. Shadows compliment his damage with weapons but since weapons are universal to frames, I don't include many of them in the build plans unless they directly apply a bonus perk not seen in other frames, (i.e. Telos weapons proccing gas, which can spread spores insanely quickly)

I've played the build and I still wouldn't choose nekros over any of those three UNLESS i was farming, which brings me back to the point of him being a farm frame. Frankly, his entire kit is crippled by the fact that desecrate is a skill. It takes one whole skill slot to do something when it could be swapped with something that could give him more end game utility and instead change his passive to desecrate. I WANT nekros to be good. But he just doesn't shine in any measure beyond farming hard to obtain drops.

The problem here is, you are expecting every build to surpass other warframes made specifically designed for that purpose. No, that's not going to happen. You can compare every build you and I can come up with and find it inferior, but it doesn't change the fact that they are viable on their own right, and none of these other warframes can switch into versatile power setups like Nekros can. 

As for soul survivor, I have found plenty of times in high level missions when trying to go and revive someone could mean death-instant reviving from range is a powerful tool, if niche. Healing himself is no problem for Nekros with his desecrate.

People historically underestimate the value of support and resource managment classes.

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

The problem here is, you are expecting every build to surpass other warframes made specifically designed for that purpose. No, that's not going to happen. You can compare every build you and I can come up with and find it inferior, but it doesn't change the fact that they are viable on their own right, and none of these other warframes can switch into versatile power setups like Nekros can. 

As for soul survivor, I have found plenty of times in high level missions when trying to go and revive someone could mean death-instant reviving from range is a powerful tool, if niche. Healing himself is no problem for Nekros with his desecrate.

People historically underestimate the value of support and resource managment classes.

What I'm expecting is him to perform decent enough in a damage dealing regard, that I don't look at my nekros and go....ehhhh....[x] would be better. Yes, more drops are great. But that's the only unique thing that HIS frame brings to the table. And it just doesn't make up the difference, in my opinion, of other frames who share his CCs or his CCs plus more with other, more beneficial and reliable, unique abilities. I mean, even to a degree, Soul Survivor is rendered a bit less useful with Terrify, even without the aug mod.