The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

1 hour ago, XtheMATTx said:

Really, I'm not sure how you can dislike the second dream..

I feel the same about those who loved it, though I am not forcing you not to. Its pretty cringey to me though. I was obviously more partial to the source material for the idea behind the Tenno, Dark Sector prototype and expansion, where you were actually in the suit, not some puppet being marionetted by tweens on their toilet bowl.

The Dark Sector inspiration was what I had initially been sold on when they were originally talking about this game in its closed beta days, it's what I had been investing my money in for years up until Second Dream.

Second Dream for one, I felt was not only short and not as character driven as hoped, but It also took away much of the autonomy and attachment to the frames for me. It really dulled the impact of the backgrounds surrounding the likes of Mirage or the Gradivus Dilemma and Zanuka creations.

It also had to make Lotus into a sorry liar just to sell this and it just had to ruin Stalker`s back story as a righteous indignation avenger against the Orokin traitors, who never actually slept and honed his skills while the Tenno lumbered in cryostasis. It made no sense to keep Warframes(Even labeled as Tenno cryostasis in the game.) in metastasis in the first place when they can just be built or rebuilt from mere fossils.

Stalker`s updated backstory and the "Acolytes", just feel like a pathetic middle finger to anyone who doesn`t like the immersion dulling Operators.

Stalker is merely some dude who went crazy after finding out the truth about operators, and to top it off, they made him incompetent enough to be the mere minion errand boy of the Sentients, enemy of the Orokin, subsequently throwing mad shade on his original agenda of avenging the Orokin empire. Forget that noise.

I also don`t care for the doting, overprotective, creepy "mother" angle with Lotus, it honestly makes me shake my head the more it is emphasized. I preferred when Lotus was more of an equal colleague, as was also the case with her Dark Sektor prototype counterpart and the preferred perception of her I had going into this game.

Edited by UrielColtan

34 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I feel the same about those who loved it, though I am not forcing you not to. Its pretty cringey to me though. I was obviously more partial to the source material for the idea behind the Tenno, Dark Sector prototype and expansion, where you were actually in the suit, not some puppet being marionetted by tweens on their toilet bowl.

The Dark Sector inspiration was what I had initially been sold on when they were originally talking about this game in its closed beta days, it's what I had been investing my money in for years up until Second Dream.

Second Dream for one, I felt was not only short and not as character driven as hoped, but It also took away much of the autonomy and attachment to the frames for me. It really dulled the impact of the backgrounds surrounding the likes of Mirage or the Gradivus Dilemma and Zanuka creations.

It also had to make Lotus into a sorry liar just to sell this and it just had to ruin Stalker`s back story as a righteous indignation avenger against the Orokin traitors, who never actually slept and honed his skills while the Tenno lumbered in cryostasis. It made no sense to keep Warframes(Even labeled as Tenno cryostasis in the game.) in metastasis in the first place when they can just be built or rebuilt from mere fossils.

Stalker`s updated backstory and the "Acolytes", just feel like a pathetic middle finger to anyone who doesn`t like the immersion dulling Operators.

Stalker is merely some dude who went crazy after finding out the truth about operators, and to top it off, they made him incompetent enough to be the mere minion errand boy of the Sentients, enemy of the Orokin, subsequently throwing mad shade on his original agenda of avenging the Orokin empire. Forget that noise.

I also don`t care for the doting, overprotective, creepy "mother" angle with Lotus, it honestly makes me shake my head the more it is emphasized. I preferred when Lotus was more of an equal colleague, as was also the case with her Dark Sektor prototype counterpart and the preferred perception of her I had going into this game.

not some puppet being marionetted by tweens on their toilet bowl.

1 hour ago, UrielColtan said:

-snip-

so.. you didn't like second dream cos it didnt follow dark sectors? Chances are you definitely wont like this part either assuming its going to be about making tweens actually get up and go play outside.

3 hours ago, Yoruno said:

so.. you didn't like second dream cos it didnt follow dark sectors? Chances are you definitely wont like this part either assuming its going to be about making tweens actually get up and go play outside.

What kind of question is that when Second Dream made the operator mechanics the center of that quest? To be more specific, the prototype concept which Warframe was initially based from , the unused prototype Dark Sector, is what I would actually prefer. Its important that the distinction is made because the prototype and the retail, are quite alien from one another and I don't exactly want a direct continuation of the lore of that retail Dark Sectors. Warframe was even marketed behind the same concept in the earlier days. I'm also sorry you didn't see my comment establishing what I am going to point out here either but I am pretty sure that I was quite clear that it can't get any worse than Second Dream for me. Well,except the possible Teshin heel-turn, he is one of the few figures and concepts in this game that I still marginally like. I'm rather indifferent to these tweens slow hoofing it in the snow, though, at this point. They are already a constant disappointment to the point of numbness.

Edited by UrielColtan

5 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

What kind of question is that when Second Dream made the operator mechanics the center of that quest? To be more specific, the prototype concept which Warframe was initially based from , the unused prototype Dark Sector, is what I would actually prefer. Its important that the distinction is made because the prototype and the retail, are quite alien from one another and I don't exactly want a direct continuation of the lore of that retail Dark Sectors. Warframe was even marketed behind the same concept in the earlier days. I'm also sorry you didn't see my comment establishing what I am going to point out here either but I am pretty sure that I was quite clear that it can't get any worse than Second Dream for me. Well,except the possible Teshin heel-turn, he is one of the few figures and concepts in this game that I still marginally like. I'm rather indifferent to these tweens slow hoofing it in the snow, though, at this point. They are already a constant disappointment to the point of numbness.

I'll rephrase what i said,  you will be disappointed anyways so long as you're still hung up on your preferred concept... And expect spacemom to not be spacemom.
You've made it pretty clear on how much you dont like the operators and this quest could very well be developing the current operator idea, further away from original dark sector concept, so of course im going to assume you wont like this part either.
Also no need to be sorry for me for ... not seeing your comment establishing what you are pointing out that you are pretty sure that you were quite clear that it cant get any worse than second dream for you. I did read what you posted, and i am saying on top of it that you will be disappointed again because for one, teshin heel-turn as you call is is also a big possibility. Although i didnt say you'll be disappointed even more.

Personally my immersion...? prejudice? was steadily being broken from the moment i could switch warframe and ordis still call me "Operator" instead of "Frost" or "Ember" or even "Tenno" like spacemom, plus the fact that i can change sex and body proportion instantly. It didn't disappoint me though, in fact it got me more interested into the lore for not being "superdude in supersuit being superpaceninja" that i expected from the original dark sector concept.

On 20/07/2016 at 0:20 AM, AntoineFlemming said:

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say with that comment. Orokin keys look Orokin. They're, you know, gold, with blue lights. And there are some structures in the void that resemble Orokin keys. As for Nef Anyo, he's Corpus, but you could say that his headdress looks kinda like the top of the Orokin turrets.

Still not sure the point you're trying to make. Are you trying to say that nothing Orokin looks Orokin? Are you trying to say that the Grineer fortress stuff looks Orokin? Well, it doesn't.

I just wish the Orokin Grineer Queens (yeah, they are Orokin, even if they weren't perfect like the Executors) were a bit more Orokin. Kinda wish they acted like Ballas.

The shape, man. Everything in this game with that keyhole-like design is affiliated with the Orokin. What I'm suggesting is that the Twins have been given Orokin tech which is probably why they haven't succumbed to being mechanical monstrosities like their fellow Grineer from aging.

37 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

The shape, man. Everything in this game with that keyhole-like design is affiliated with the Orokin. What I'm suggesting is that the Twins have been given Orokin tech which is probably why they haven't succumbed to being mechanical monstrosities like their fellow Grineer from aging.

Um, maybe you don't know this, but the Twin Queens are Orokin. Check out the Kuria lore. They're Orokin. They aren't Grineer. And I'm guessing that this is why that Tennocon teaser shows Teshin in the Grineer fortress. He probably serves the Queens because they are the last of the Orokin.

12 hours ago, Yoruno said:

I'll rephrase what i said,  you will be disappointed anyways so long as you're still hung up on your preferred concept... And expect spacemom to not be spacemom.
You've made it pretty clear on how much you dont like the operators and this quest could very well be developing the current operator idea, further away from original dark sector concept, so of course im going to assume you wont like this part either.
Also no need to be sorry for me for ... not seeing your comment establishing what you are pointing out that you are pretty sure that you were quite clear that it cant get any worse than second dream for you. I did read what you posted, and i am saying on top of it that you will be disappointed again because for one, teshin heel-turn as you call is is also a big possibility. Although i didnt say you'll be disappointed even more.

Personally my immersion...? prejudice? was steadily being broken from the moment i could switch warframe and ordis still call me "Operator" instead of "Frost" or "Ember" or even "Tenno" like spacemom, plus the fact that i can change sex and body proportion instantly. It didn't disappoint me though, in fact it got me more interested into the lore for not being "superdude in supersuit being superpaceninja" that i expected from the original dark sector concept.

You Second Dream kids just can`t stand other folks not loving your YA book calibre story quest.

What is the point of rephrasing yourself just to end up making the same wrong point and assumption about me? The very fact that I already acknowledge the tweens and the fact that that they turned Lotus into neurotic space mom with daddy issues, is actually the reason for my disappointment, not ignoring them.

In regard to the operator in this quest, I can`t be "redisappointed" when I am already there, not liking them.They already screwed up one of the most important parts for me.

I only care about Teshin at this point, but even his possible heel turn won`t be as bad as their botch on the immersion for me. 

Ether way, none of what I stated has to do with some alleged ignoring of this quest revelations or whatever "profound" point you wish to make. Worry about your own enjoyment and I will worry about mine. Or do my comments make you feel insecure about your own enjoyment?

Onto your other commeents.

"Operator" was  a phrase non specific to identity and never had to mean puppeteer children.

Your operator`s sex (and race)can be changed too but there is no stupid lore for that,   because people just accept it as a game feature, as should have been the case with the Warframes. Switching frames didn`t need explanation to me, and I could even just think they were being worn by more than one brother or sister, particularly in regard to the different sexed frames. The operators still thought they were the frame regardless of the ability to switch into different ones of different gender too.

3 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I only care about Teshin at this point, but even his possible heel turn won`t be as bad as their botch on the immersion for me.

Well, imo, Teshin serving the Queens is bad. It'd be good, if the Queens were actually Orokin-like. You know, something like Ballas - distinguished, dignified, sophisticated, "proper". But the Disney villain Queens are nothing like that. I'd rather see the Queens be more like Vor than like what DE's made them out to be. So, honestly, I think it's much worse than the Operator situation.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

2 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Um, maybe you don't know this, but the Twin Queens are Orokin. Check out the Kuria lore. They're Orokin. They aren't Grineer. And I'm guessing that this is why that Tennocon teaser shows Teshin in the Grineer fortress. He probably serves the Queens because they are the last of the Orokin.

That's currently speculation by fans, so we'll have to take our own speculations and agree to disagree.

23 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Well, imo, Teshin serving the Queens is bad. It'd be good, if the Queens were actually Orokin-like. You know, something like Ballas - distinguished, dignified, sophisticated, "proper". But the Disney villain Queens are nothing like that. I'd rather see the Queens be more like Vor than like what DE's made them out to be. So, honestly, I think it's much worse than the Operator situation.

Well I can only speak for myself, I don`t know or care enough about the queens to find them more important than the very player character immersion, something I valued.

31 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

You Second Dream kids just can`t stand other folks not loving your YA book calibre story quest.

What is the point of rephrasing yourself just to end up making the same wrong point and assumption about me? The very fact that I already acknowledge the tweens and the fact that that they turned Lotus into neurotic space mom with daddy issues, is actually the reason for my disappointment, not ignoring them.
-snip-

I don't know what age you consider as kids but im pretty sure my age is far past the "kid" bracket in general. What's a YA book?

And im not the one defending "muh spacemom!" and second dream, all ive said is that you will be disappointed with TWW too, so i have no idea what profound message you thought i was giving, or why you thought i was intruding on your preference. Redisappointed is a new word.. rather, is it possible to be re-disappointed by something you have no expectations to begin with?

Spoiler
22 hours ago, Yoruno said:

13 hours ago, Yoruno said:

-snip-

I'm not nagging at you cos you dont like second dream for reason this and that. In fact, i acknowledged your disappointment and gave you a headsup based on that so as long as my one message got through there shouldnt really be a discussion going on.. Unless you actually had hope in TWW for some big turnaround in then i apologize.

Onto my other comment, to me operator for warframe meant theres someone "operating" it, meaning warframe wasnt moving own will of sort. So there was no living "Ember" or "Frost", only ember frame and frost frame. The operators looking like they do now, or tweens as you so like to call it, was not within my expectations though.

1 hour ago, Yoruno said:

I don't know what age you consider as kids but im pretty sure my age is far past the "kid" bracket in general. What's a YA book?

And im not the one defending "muh spacemom!" and second dream, all ive said is that you will be disappointed with TWW too, so i have no idea what profound message you thought i was giving, or why you thought i was intruding on your preference. Redisappointed is a new word.. rather, is it possible to be re-disappointed by something you have no expectations to begin with?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not nagging at you cos you dont like second dream for reason this and that. In fact, i acknowledged your disappointment and gave you a headsup based on that so as long as my one message got through there shouldnt really be a discussion going on.. Unless you actually had hope in TWW for some big turnaround in then i apologize.

Onto my other comment, to me operator for warframe meant theres someone "operating" it, meaning warframe wasnt moving own will of sort. So there was no living "Ember" or "Frost", only ember frame and frost frame. The operators looking like they do now, or tweens as you so like to call it, was not within my expectations though.

Took a chance on believing you would not have a problem with "kid", particularly seeing as how you seem to have embraced the Operator kids. My mistake.

Let us also get into a tangent about hyphen usage. I was hoping that such bottom-of-the-barrel-scraping as this would come into the mix.

Do please excuse my insolent grammar there, I am typing all this on a phone at present and I do make errors from time to time, more so in comparison to a keyboard anyway.

Now onto the relevant material, I don`t know what you think you are informing me of. Did you see me saying I actually had high hopes for this quest to begin with? 

Did you think I was somehow also unaware of the operators current existence? You said I need to stop holding on to my preferences when that shapes the reason I don`t like the tweens to begin with. I like the things that I like for a reason and the same goes for dislikes.

I see no point in your even coming at me like that, unless your goal was to make me change my mind. Otherwise you are not enlightening me to anything.

As for Ordis,

"You are the Tenno, you are the Operator.

Ordis is the Cephalon, Ship."

Ordis clearly referencing Tenno and Operator as one in the same, and analogous to Ordis and the ship.

I did not believe the suits were "alive"either, I thought they were suits, as they are even described on the very intro page of this game no less. The "neurotic" was called helmet originally for a reason.

Edited by UrielColtan

15 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

As for Ordis,

"You are the Tenno, you are the Operator.

Ordis is the Cephalon, Ship."

Ordis clearly referencing Tenno and Operator as one in the same, and analogous to Ordis and the ship.

I did not believe the suits were "alive"either, I thought they were suits, as they are even described on the very intro page of this game no less. The "neurotic" was called helmet originally for a reason.

Of course I don't have any sort of source to back this, but I've been around for probably as long as you, if not longer, and I recall DE always being pretty ambiguous with the lore. I don't remember them ever saying that the game was ever supposed to have a direct relation to Dark Sector, more so that it derives its inspiration from the universe. Originally. Granted, this was over 3 years ago when the game was in closed beta, or even before that in its alpha when we didn't know of Warframe's existence. To my understanding, while the connections have always been in place, the game has never even had any real sort of solid lore until the Stalker Codex entry came out. Even that was hugely ambiguous, and didn't give any sort of real direction. Then the Ember Prime Codex entry came out, and that was the first time I can recall that DE officially showed us what they had planned for the lore, even though it seemed like ambiguous mush at the time, because Warframe had no solid lore in place. It was mostly player constructs and theories webbing together the tiny little random bits we had to make an idea for the lore. So, to what I'm getting at, of course I can see why you would find this all tacky and what not and like a "cop out" of what the original story seemed to be, but to our knowledge, the official lore of Warframe has been set in as at least an idea for at least 2 1/2 years. 

And as for your tidbit about the Neuroptic change from helmet, DE said that was to avoid continuity issues with cosmetic helmets and being confusing. Said it in the SotR patch notes.

1 hour ago, UrielColtan said:

Took a chance on believing you would not have a problem with "kid", particularly seeing as how you seem to have embraced the Operator kids. My mistake.

-snip-

I dont have a problem with "kid", and i certain embraced operator kids. You'll have to tell me how that is related to me saying im too old to be a kid.
For the fourth time, im informing you that you will be disappointed as much as you have been disappointed in second dream quest. The only plausible reason you could have to not agree with that is if you had hopes for TWW so seeing that you clearly don't, i really dont know why you keep questioning what i said.
If this repetition of me saying that is what you mean by me coming at you, then yes because you keep replying as if im wanting you to like second dream.
I most certainly did not say you need to stop holding onto your preference, there's a miscomprehension going on here. What ive said was this,

15 hours ago, Yoruno said:

"A will happen if you do B." does not equate to "Dont do B so A wont happen.". What i said definitely did not mean "you need to stop holding to your preference" and i certainly did not say you should try to like second dream even.
What is the issue really, i say you wont like tww either, and you say you arent looking forward to it, this shouldve been done afew posts ago. Do you really not like me respecting your preference and making a comment with that context?

"You are the tenno, you are the operator. Ordis is the cephalon, ordis is he ship.", "you" can easily be said to two seperate entities too especially if they exist closeby, while Ordis can only mean ordis. eg "You are 11yo, you are 12yo. Ethan is 13yo, Ethan is on cleaning duty."

Edited by Yoruno
Ethan? Ethan!

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Could be a moon of Saturn or maybe even Deimos.

This would be my guess. Lua and Phobos set a good precedent for moons as new areas.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)NEWinsu2025 said:

Lol I put jupiter instead of saturn fixing in 3,2,1...

P52Jlyx.jpg