The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

I don't understand how some of you can "Hype", no one is hyped, DE stopped hyping because of the backfire. I can't even image how painful it will be for the Xbones and PS4s, as they might not see it until next year. (Unless they are lucky and get it same time).

The Hype is dead, and please don't get my started on the little kiddies who act all high-ego and say childish things like: "You can;'t stop this train" or "Hype never dies". its stupid and it only fills your own self esteem and to inflate your own Ego.

Seriously people who over-hype are wrose then Script Kiddies. 

-10/10 Hyped

Spoiler

I really hope isn´t on "auto" and starts at login as written in some post.

Why no hype? Because we already behind pc updates. And I know I can´t by that time it arrives on pc, see any of Tactical Potatos videos until PS4/XBONE gets it. But I know myself. I´ll end up watching the Quest and spoil it for myself. So no. No hype even when it deploys. I´ll keep playing the game as I want to. TWW will not change it. Sorry DE. Thats what happens when you "port" your games over to consoles, and have "massive" delays.

Sorry what are you saying? What? Can't hear you while I'm slicing demons into pieces on Shadow Warrior 2.

Jokes aside, I'd say the hype was kinda killed a while ago; I still be happy as a kid when it drops, but let's say I don't think about it much, I'll probably just login into the forums one day and notice the hypesite is up.

At the moment I'm hyped more for the Index event, mostly cause of the usual fear to miss it due to personal life stuff.

When teasers were coming out - i was pretty hyped but as time went on my enthusiasm slowly went away.

I'm not mad though. I understand that TWW took way more and longer than DE originally expected, but now they'll have experience how to do these things right.

I still believe that i'm going to have a blast playing the quest because i always tend to savour such things the best i can.
TSD was awesome and if understood right TWW is going to be even bigger and (hopefully) better.

Story in Warframe is scarced, weak, cliched (yet another AI threatening us, this time with feelingz.exe inside), alienating in a strange manner and filled with so many contradictions that I don't care. Unless I will have an opportunity to throw out the airlock that AI called Lotus, take some real "flesh and blood" companions and finally wear these warframes as exo-suits personally, then I can wait for it :)

Edited by Valorosus

All those people saying "no hype because it got delayed" kinda make me.. mildly facepalm. Now i'm not a fanboy, but i make mods for games which is somewhat related to developing, and sometimes you just have to delay stuff because random things can still happen that you didnt plan in. Like you not liking the script anymore, or somebody leaking the script, or whatever, maybe a sickness. I'd rather have them delay it and bring out something properly awesome than something like CoD does every year or two.

4 minutes ago, Extroah said:

All those people saying "no hype because it got delayed" kinda make me.. mildly facepalm. Now i'm not a fanboy, but i make mods for games which is somewhat related to developing, and sometimes you just have to delay stuff because random things can still happen that you didnt plan in. Like you not liking the script anymore, or somebody leaking the script, or whatever, maybe a sickness. I'd rather have them delay it and bring out something properly awesome than something like CoD does every year or two.

I think the delay is not the problem, I'd sign for a good update delayed VS a bad one rushed; what I think killed the hype has been showing trailers and hyping and giving release dates too soon in the development, which is kinda what DE said themselves during the last Devstream.

When you give an "exact" release date which is already a delay itself and then you end up releasing the actual content months later, it's natural to lose hype on it.

That said, I just want to make clear that it's not the delay itself which has killed the hype for me, especially if it's related to quality contents as I think it is, it's more about the way it got delayed.

27 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

I think the delay is not the problem, I'd sign for a good update delayed VS a bad one rushed; what I think killed the hype has been showing trailers and hyping and giving release dates too soon in the development, which is kinda what DE said themselves during the last Devstream.

When you give an "exact" release date which is already a delay itself and then you end up releasing the actual content months later, it's natural to lose hype on it.

That said, I just want to make clear that it's not the delay itself which has killed the hype for me, especially if it's related to quality contents as I think it is, it's more about the way it got delayed.

Extra waits don't equal improvements, though I am sure that is what DE is using Spring, Summer, and Fall for in this case. Since the devs said it was more a creative related, that often means reworking from scratch on one or more aspects. But on the last few devstreams, it came across as prework that had been discarded rather than wrap-ups. While i am sure it will be a very interesting quest when it is done, its important to note that things taking longer don't mean they polished more.

I would agree that the delay of the update is not what is scaring away players really. I would see that as the Specters of the Rail and that update increasing the grind and reducing reward and incentive for continuing to play while waiting on the story and content update promised by War Within. Without something that rewards players for playing which as liked or unliked as it was, the void keys represented before - something that fed two means of progression in both primes themselves and Baro's offerings as ducats. When this reductions in player incentive are addressed, I feel we will recover our players and give them a reason to play again. I do not think given its time scheduling that War Within can possibly address that as It would take focused design and game adjustments to fit it in.

1 hour ago, PapaFragolino said:

Yeah I'm really hyped for the new Dark Souls 3 DLC.

Oh yeah Warframe, right... I guess I'm waiting, not even sure for what anymore. So far The War Within has been nothing other than hopes and promises, I can't see what's to be hyped about.

Before it comes out i will probably have beaten Ashes of Ariandel twice, reached lvl 40 on BF1 MP and finished DBXV2's story.

There's really nothing to be done if there are creative problems. It is hard to come up with unique and interesting new ideas.

Edited by OzoneAle