Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats: Adarza vs Smeeta

Tricky5hift

Which do you prefer and why?

So far, I only have 1 Adarza Kavat nearly fully ranked (may even forma) and 1 Smeeta that I havn't had the chance to try out yet.

But from the time I've had playing with my awesome lookin Adarza I can tell you its crit-chance buff is nothing to scoff at.

You get it fairly frequently and allows some weapons to red-crit which is amazing.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Smeeta also has a chance to give a crit buff that not only lasts longer (30s), but also gives so much that any weapon can red crit.

Even though the chance to get that exact buff is random, it damn near makes the Adarza irrelevant. Seeing as its buff only guarantees normal crits and only lasts 10s.

3 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Smeeta also has a chance to give a crit buff that not only lasts longer (30s), but also gives so much that any weapon can red crit.

Even though the chance to get that exact buff is random, it damn near makes the Adarza irrelevant. Seeing as its buff only guarantees normal crits and only lasts 10s.

Definitely need to try that out.

Mischief also seems to be better than Reflect in terms of survivability.

But Kavats are already so damn fast they seem to avoid enemy attacks much easier than Kubrows.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Definitely need to try that out.

Mischief also seems to be better than reflect in terms of suitability.

But Kavats are already so damn fast they seem to avoid enemy attacks much easier than Kubrows.

After formaing both of them twice so far, I have yet to see the Adarza use reflect. I'm not even sure if it has an animation.

Hopefully DE buffs the Adarza a bit, and changes the red crit buff on the Smeeta to something else. Not even sure why both have a crit buff.

As far as how they attack, it looks great. They move quickly and jump off of walls to avoid fire, even though AOE still destroys them.

Also sometimes they have the same bug as Kubrows, just standing around staring at an enemy but not attacking.

Is Charm a team buff? Because Cat's Eye is pretty handy since it gives the crit buff to all nearby team-members vastly improving total DPS for a short period of time.

I'm not sure what the other buffs Charm gives are and whether they're more worthwhile than the crit chance buff.

After testing both kavats (and 4 forma on them) all i can say is they seems to be more usefull than kubrows right now. As an usual carrier user, i enjoy for now these kavats even i must run more around for pick up resources. While smeeta fit better selfish / solo players more, adarza is a better option for team play since their crit buff afect all players i think in affinity range. So best thing is to have both of them and use them depend of you if play more solo or lonewolfing with randoms, or if you play more in organized teams / friends. Anyway keep in mind every kavat give 6k mastery points like warframes, and balance between them is good, in my opinion.

I prefer Adarza, simply because the crit buff happens a lot and is reliable. Yay for Smeeta having a small chance to give you red crits on everything you do, but it's exactly that - a small chance. You never know when it'll happen, if it happens at all. Might happen whilst waiting for the next wave in a defense mission or while you're stuck in an elevator and the next smeeta buff you get is an instant reload. Bit overrated and definitely NOT making Adarza "damn near irrelevant."

They're both better than Kubrows, though.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

On 7/9/2016 at 8:53 PM, Tricky5hift said:

Is Charm a team buff? Because Cat's Eye is pretty handy since it gives the crit buff to all nearby team-members vastly improving total DPS for a short period of time.

I'm not sure what the other buffs Charm gives are and whether they're more worthwhile than the crit chance buff.

Charm isn't a team buff.  Which is a point in Cat's Eyes favor.

The buffs that I've noticed from Charm are:
-+200% crit chance (guaranteed red crits) for 30 seconds
-Next weapon reload is instant
-150 bonus shields when you're next damaged
-2 minutes of double affinity and energy pickups
-10 seconds of no warframe energy being used for abilities
-It creates a rare resource pickup

Overall they are all fairly useful.

8 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I prefer Adarza, simply because the crit buff happens a lot and is reliable. Yay for Smeeta having a small chance to give you red crits on everything you do, but it's exactly that - a small chance. You never know when it'll happen, if it happens at all. Might happen whilst waiting for the next wave in a defense mission or while you're stuck in an elevator and the next smeeta buff you get is an instant reload. Bit overrated.

The only thing is that while the Adarza is much more reliable in granting its bonus it just happens so rarely and with such a tremendous cool down.
I mean in a 15 minute survival Cat's Eye activated 3 or 4 times in total, and then was without any other precepts installed.

Meanwhile in a 15 minute survival charm was up around 8 to 10 times with fairly useful effects, and this was with 2 other precepts that were higher priority! (danger sense and mischief)

If they made the cool down for Cat's Eye much shorter then I might look at the Adarza a bit more favorably.
But with its long cool down its just not worth it just because of consistency.

Edited by Tsukinoki

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

The only thing is that while the Adarza is much more reliable in granting its bonus it just happens so rarely and with such a tremendous cool down.
I mean in a 15 minute survival Cat's Eye activated 3 or 4 times in total, and then was without any other precepts installed.

Meanwhile in a 15 minute survival charm was up around 8 to 10 times with fairly useful effects.

If they made the cool down for Cat's Eye much shorter then I might look at the Adarza a bit more favorably.
But with its long cool down its just not worth it just because of consistency.

Are you sure? Is your cat's eye maxed out and in the first precept slot? I may be wrong and I didn't pay that much attention to it, but to me it feels like Cat's Eye triggers all the time. o_O
I'm gonna have to pay more attention to it in the next mission.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

Just now, Berserkerkitten said:

Are you sure? Is your cat's eye maxed out and in the first precept slot? I may be wrong and I didn't pay that much attention to it, but to me it feels like Cat's Eye triggers all the time. o_O
I'm gonna have to pay more attention to it in the next mission.

I was running a max level Kavat with Cat's eye in the first slot and fully maxed out in a 15 minute ODS (One of the great places for relics since they can drop all rotations with high chance) and it rarely activated at all.  This was during the weekend though so its possible that there was an unstated change that decreased its CD.

1 minute ago, pauli133 said:

Cat's Eye goes off VERY frequently - I had teammates complaining about the sounds it generates.

Yeah, that's my experience as well. A friend and I both run with Adarza kavats and very often our cat's eye would trigger at the same time, showing two buff icons. Not sure if they stack, but it seemed to trigger a LOT!

I know i know.. pick from the two.. than it should be Adarza BUT i will still go with my kubrow becouse kavats ai is... a little derpy.. for me mostly they stand still when they cast theyr powers and get shot down while my huras rip a new one to bombards. Kubrow masterrace