Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats: Adarza vs Smeeta

Tricky5hift

On 10.7.2016 at 4:49 AM, GreyEnneract said:

After formaing both of them twice so far, I have yet to see the Adarza use reflect.

I think Reflect doesn't work at all right now, since it isn't even showing up on the precept list in the arsenal.

30 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

I know i know.. pick from the two.. than it should be Adarza BUT i will still go with my kubrow becouse kavats ai is... a little derpy.. for me mostly they stand still when they cast theyr powers and get shot down while my huras rip a new one to bombards. Kubrow masterrace

Personally, I have had the exact same experience with my kubrows. Especially missions like Orokin Derelict Defense, the companion AI just engages peanut mode and simulates being a plant or something. They just sit around, stare at walls and do nothing. It's just that kavats at least pop the occasional buff while they're just sitting there. Dogs... most of them not so much.
With all that said, I wouldn't consider kubrows useless now. I think cats are better, but Kubrows can dish out some pretty nice crits and get a few kills outside of sorties and the really high levels. ♥

7 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Personally, I have had the exact same experience with my kubrows. Especially missions like Orokin Derelict Defense, the companion AI just engages peanut mode and simulates being a plant or something. They just sit around, stare at walls and do nothing. It's just that kavats at least pop the occasional buff while they're just sitting there. Dogs... most of them not so much.
With all that said, I wouldn't consider kubrows useless now. I think cats are better, but Kubrows can dish out some pretty nice crits and get a few kills outside of sorties and the really high levels. ♥

Dunno its maybe some random error in coding xD. My Huras and Raksa do perfect job in missions but the Sunika, Sahasa, and Chessa is tottaly derpy xD. Same with Kavats. My Adarza does somewhat great job after i take out the "reflect" mod but the Smeeta is completely derpy.

Both a kavat types are great but it basically comes down to choice. Do you want to help the team as a whole with Adarza's very frequent crit buff or just yourself with all the buffs that Smeeta's charm provides. Either way both kavat are very good for what they do and are very welcomed addition.

Edited by Mergo537

20 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

The only thing is that while the Adarza is much more reliable in granting its bonus it just happens so rarely and with such a tremendous cool down.

I mean in a 15 minute survival Cat's Eye activated 3 or 4 times in total, and then was without any other precepts installed.

??

I happen to get cat's eye alot. Sometimes 2 minutes or 1 minute delay between each.

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Personally, I have had the exact same experience with my kubrows. Especially missions like Orokin Derelict Defense, the companion AI just engages peanut mode and simulates being a plant or something.

You sir, have made my day x3 Have an internet.

They just sit around, stare at walls and do nothing. It's just that kavats at least pop the occasional buff while they're just sitting there. Dogs... most of them not so much.

I really enjoy the buffs the Kavats give off, though I have not yet gotten smeeta, alas.

8 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I was running a max level Kavat with Cat's eye in the first slot and fully maxed out in a 15 minute ODS (One of the great places for relics since they can drop all rotations with high chance) and it rarely activated at all.  This was during the weekend though so its possible that there was an unstated change that decreased its CD.

Mine activates all the time so I don't know what your problem with it is. It seems to be extremely reliable compared to charm.

On 7/9/2016 at 11:01 PM, Obviousclone said:

I took my adarza into the 200-9999 alert....

it lived for a surprisingly long only downing in the presence of sapping ospreys

Umm last time I checked none of the enemies dealt any damage at all during that

I'm enjoying both so far but the smeeta does seem to have a more 'useful in general' feel, but the adarza could be more focused for certain frames.  I've not been able to play with them very extensively in a meaningful way.  Mostly been trying to play catch up on the new content. 

I really want a different way to deal with stasis though. I've so many kubrows, kavats, and sentinels now that I wish there were a way to automatically get them out of stasis when I choose one of my setups. Right now you need to choose the tab, get a kubrow out of stasis, got to setup back in arsenal, and then go to navigation for missions. It's not a huge time sink, but it's still a slight nuisance that I think could be dealt with differently. 

Both are good, Adarza is more relyable but doesnt have many options, the Smeeta has more benefits but relies on RNG...

Either way, Adarza is good for Hold Point Missions but the Smeeta is great for farming (Thank you for the 12 Neural Sensors in 1 Capture)

Edited by Venom-Snake

• 2 weeks later...

Smeeta's crit bonus isn't actually a bonus. It's a forced red crit, so no actual bonus chance. If you use weapons that already red crit often, it's pointless. I like the idea of smeetas, but find that the adarza simply fits my playstyle better, reflecting damage (supposedly, I've never seen it in action.) and buffing my teams crit chance. (Allowing my akstilleto prime to red crit, and my dread to triple crit at times.) 

if you're in kavats for crit, it's a debate of what weapon, and how reliably (and often) do you want your buff? (Adarza is significantly more frequent, even if it's shorter.)

On 10/07/2016 at 4:43 AM, GreyEnneract said:

Smeeta also has a chance to give a crit buff that not only lasts longer (30s), but also gives so much that any weapon can red crit.

Even though the chance to get that exact buff is random, it damn near makes the Adarza irrelevant. Seeing as its buff only guarantees normal crits and only lasts 10s.

if it makes the adarza feel irrelevant imagine how people who use kubrows feel ''oh look it picked up 1 item for me''

though to be fair I do feel like kavats buffs are also just more reliable for a companion, even if the kubrow dealt a S#&$ ton of damage they still are AI reliant and can thus go from dealing tons of damage to 0 damage because of bad AI

On 10-7-2016 at 4:41 AM, Tricky5hift said:

Which do you prefer and why?

So far, I only have 1 Adarza Kavat nearly fully ranked (may even forma) and 1 Smeeta that I havn't had the chance to try out yet.

But from the time I've had playing with my awesome lookin Adarza I can tell you its crit-chance buff is nothing to scoff at.

You get it fairly frequently and allows some weapons to red-crit which is amazing.

I prefer Smeeta honestly the crit buff of Adarza is nice but Smeeta can give u so much more.(I got both)

Scenario's where Smeeta buffs are nice:

Instant reload in a crowded room

No Energy cost to be able to cast/re-cast abilities with a high cost or just spam your abilities *Cough*RHINO DASH*Cough*

Rare resources drop on any planet really Orokin Cells, Argon Crystals, Neurodes, Neural Sensors, Gallium and Morphics(can proc often in endless runs)

Overshield on hit! meh... can block a rocket from a bombard! if nobody else is shooting at you..

x2 of any pickups good if you are lvling a frame, low on energy, low on health, low on ammo or farming resources.(when fitting pickup drops ofc)

Crit buff as long as there are enemies to kill :p

If none of that interest you and u only want the crit buff I would say go for Adarza but keep in mind Adarza doesn't give perma red crits, just 60% added crits some weapons red crit and some have 6(2.)5% change to crit.

I feel like DE got the tradeoff between randomness and usefulness of those random buffs right with Smeeta. Adarza is more reliable with just one effect, and it's a team wide buff, so bringing more than one Adarza should benefit the general upkeep of the buff a lot, unless both cats overlapping their crit buffs all the time.

Which is better? I dunno. I like taking Smeeta when leveling and farming for certain resources, but generally roll with an Adarza on my Banshee, cause you know, she's all about that support DPS anyway.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

9 minutes ago, RayzorDA said:

just 60% added crits some weapons red crit and some have 6(2.)5% change to crit.

fairly sure it's bonus base chance given my nukor (1% chance) crits almost all the time with cat's eye

I am on console and don't have the update yet, but Smeeta seems a lot more useful. I mean, with Smeeta you have random buffs (including a chance for a rare resource), and a taunt loki's first ability type of power.

Don't get me wrong the other one is ok I suppose, but Smeeta seems to be the most useful. I wish their was a way to make sure that I would get a Smeeta.

20 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

fairly sure it's bonus base chance given my nukor (1% chance) crits almost all the time with cat's eye

It's not bonus base is 60% additional crit change weapon with 5% crit change becomes a weapon with 65% crit change.
If it did had only 60% on base crit change there would be no contesting the Smeeta :P

Edited by RayzorDA

On 23/07/2016 at 6:29 PM, RayzorDA said:

It's not bonus base is 60% additional crit change weapon with 5% crit change becomes a weapon with 65% crit change.
If it did had only 60% on base crit change there would be no contesting the Smeeta :P

That feel when you correct someone by agreeing with them. He worded it slightly off because its flat. But 1% crit wouldnt crit majority of the time at 1.6%.  So he just used the wrong term. You're also wrong because if it was a bonus 60% (not 60% increased) to your base crit then you could make your nukor red crit by adding crit mods. 

When playing with friends using weapons like the soma or tonkor Adarza is far superior imo. My friend told my i was never allowed to put her in stasis ever again.