Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asteroid Raid missions

Nyss

The Origin system, as we all know, has a large and healthy asteroid belt. I feel that we should be including that on the map as well, for a specific sort of challenge: Chained mission survival. Lots of small missions, map after map after map. No downtime to refill ammo or restock gear. Every mission is tougher than the last as news of the Tenno raiding the asteroid mines and bases spread. Each time you reach the extraction point, you can choose to bail out and collect your rewards, or continue, taking a risk for even greater prizes. If you leave, you're forced to start from the beginning all over again.

Another idea is this: The asteroids would also be a good spot for endless defense survival as well: The Tenno break into a mining outpost and hijack an ore extractor array for their own needs. Their job is to defend the ore extractors for as long as humanly possible, gaining points every minute for each extractor that is still running. If the enemy destroys an extractor, the players can do an extra large 'hack' cipher to repair the damage, but only if they have a repair kit (they drop from enemies on occasion). Doing well will reward you with useful (Ferrite, Rubedo, Gallium), and possibly even unique (Titanium, Thorium, Lithium, Orichalcum) crafting materials. Doing very well might even reward you with a bt of platinum.

Update 6 is coming soon! Update 6 will be full of awesome new Warframe content, but we thought we’d share one thing on everyone’s mind: New Environments.

Behold the Grineer environment set! Fight your way through Grineer operated asteroid bases!

Stay safe Tenno, there’s no telling what lurks within these asteroids, or what opportunities lie within….

Rebecca just annonced that this is the new zones we are getting.

Hm, not a bad idea, sort of reminds me of those dungons you sometimes get at the end of the game were there is got a ton of floors and it porgressively gets harder and harder but the loot gets better and better. I'm sure your going to have to toss in some repreve moments and let the players stock up on suplies. It's sort of a cheap way to pad the game out but it's something that they could easly add.

And Nyss's Idea seems like it would somewhat fun vairation on the defend mission types.

Rebecca just annonced that this is the new zones we are getting.

Yeah, I saw that. But I mostly was thinking about a variety of bases and ships of all sorts located in the asteroid belt, since it's a lot of large bodies in close proximity; not just the Grineer asteroid maps, Tenno would be able to jump from ship to ship to base to ship again wreaking havoc in a very short time frame.

Ok, I'll try and help you with brainstorming here Nyss, how about we come up for a name for this concept mode? Its one big tour of missions, so how about a name that reflects that?

I would say "RAID" but that's already taken :V

The point of this would basically be the Tenno hitting as many targets as possible on a short time frame.

Ideas that come to mind are

Pillage

Strike

Strike Force

Sortie

Skirmish (Feels more like a PVP thing)

Assault

Gauntlet

Onslaught

....honestly Assault sounds best.