Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 3 Test Impossible.

F4talFr4me

I just come back after a few YEARS of not playing because my friends got me back into the game saying its changed allot. sure has.. in allot of ways. im really enoying it. doing missions and getting materials and doing missions.  game says i can rank up, cool i thought. then i go into a test room thinking id just need to test a new ability or how to use a weapon a different way. nope.

Throws me into a bunch of guys with shields and them stomping knockback droids. im sat here with a crummy sword getting bashed around the floor and then "MISSION FAILED". ok... that dident seem balanced or anything. rank 3? you sure it wasent rank 75? it felt like 75. felt like lvl 10 vs lvl 100 kind of deal.

Here comes the best part. "you have to wait 24 hours till you can try again" i was shocked.. i failed and i couldent level up. but then you kick me in the teeth with that sh*t? i dont get my rank and i cant get new equipment...gear...weapons....QUESTS! im gate locked by ranks and i simply cannot continue for a whole 24 hours. this is a rank 3 test... rank 3...nope.

If i fail this for the 3rd time im going to quit. this is not fun, its fustrating and annoying.

Edited by F4talFr4me

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Hylian Creed said:

Rank 3 test has Bursas now? Hot damn!!

I believe it's the grineer dude with a shield (can't remember the exact name)

1 minute ago, F4talFr4me said:

Dont be an elitest.

It's not being an elitist, the rank test isn't "impossible", it's just your melee weapon that is very bad.

Find a good weapon and levelup your melee mods and you'll see how easy peasy it is.

Doesent matter, i shouldent be forced to use 1 specific mod layout and blade type to do a ranked mission. its rank 3. not 75. im a new player thats been playing for about 2-3 days now. you cant expect a new player (since so many changes last i played) to be a pro after that long. this community is pretty toxic as far as i can see.

6 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

Dont be an elitest.

Actually modding your weapons properly is where 90% of your damage comes from. Fail to mod properly, fail to kill anything. I suppose your issue comes from lack of modding knowledge. Enemies of certain factions require a certain mod build to face them. Also parkour and movement mastery will help a lot. 

Edited by Agentawesome

Well, S#&$.   I doubt those of us with masteries in the teens could waste Bursas using only meele fast enough to complete the test. 

Report this as a bug and ask for your mastery level to be manually raised. 

Edited by Zezakh

1 minute ago, Agentawesome said:

Actually modding your weapons properly is where 90% of your damage comes from. Fail to mod properly, fail to kill anything. 

Sorry for not being a pro after 2-3 days of playing. shame on me for being new to the game.

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I believe it's the grineer dude with a shield (can't remember the exact name)

It's not being an elitist, the rank test isn't "impossible", it's just your melee weapon that is very bad.

Find a good weapon and levelup your melee mods and you'll see how easy peasy it is.

Shield lancers spam but just jump and do a slam and it should knock them down.

Sorry for not being a pro after 2-3 days of playing. shame on me for being new to the game.

Its not about skill, its just about putting on a few mods/upgrading mods is what you need to do. You might wanna read up about it. Also a tip: You can practice mastery rank tests in any Relay in Simaris' room.

Edited by Agentawesome

Shield Lancers and Shockwave MOAs? They aren't that hard to deal with. Granted, I've been playing Warframe for a while, but still, every enemy has a method of dealing with them.

Shield Lancers have low health and armor, so you'll want to mod your weapon for damage (elemental, Electric + Cold (or just Electric)) to take down the Shockwave MOAs quickly.

MOAs have a weakness at the box thing on their back.

Most importantly, STAY IN THE AIR. If you're in the air, the MOAs can't knock you down, and they don't fire at you.

Use aerial slam attacks (melee attack while in air and looking down) to knockdown enemies, as well as bypass the Shield Lancer's riot shields if you can land a direct hit.

Basically, the test is all about being mobile and getting behind your enemies.

Learning more about Movement 2.0 helps too with all the movement techniques you can use (bullet jump, etc.)

Anyway, do you mind giving us a screenshot of what melee weapon you're using, as well as which mods you have on it? That way, we can help you out more within the limits of the mods you have equipped.

Edited by Lumamaster

I know  i tried that but my Dark blade only poisons them.... it does not knock down nor disable there shields. playing on keyboard and most times the keys to use that attack doesent even work. it just mid air slashes forwards when it shouldent.

1 minute ago, Lumamaster said:

Shield Lancers and Shockwave MOAs? They aren't that hard to deal with.

Shield Lancers have low health and armor, so you'll want to mod your weapon for damage (elemental, Electric + Cold (or just Electric)) to take down the Shockwave MOAs quickly.

MOAs have a weakness at the box thing on their back.

Most importantly, STAY IN THE AIR. If you're in the air, the MOAs can't knock you down, and they don't fire at you.

Use aerial slam attacks (melee attack while in air and looking down) to knockdown enemies, as well as bypass the Shield Lancer's riot shields if you can land a direct hit.

Basically, the test is all about being mobile and getting behind your enemies.

Learning more about Movement 2.0 helps too with all the movement techniques you can use (bullet jump, etc.)

Thanks for the info. that will help next time i try. but lets be seriouse here... they literally bombard you to death for a rank 3 mission. its over the top. and 24 hour lockout is just plain wrong.

2 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I know  i tried that but my Dark blade only poisons them.... it does not knock down nor disable there shields. playing on keyboard and most times the keys to use that attack doesent even work. it just mid air slashes forwards when it shouldent.

If you're using the Dark Sword, that weapon doesn't deal any physical damage, only Radiation.

Honestly, the Dark Sword is kind of terrible, given that it's only useful for CC'ing enemies and not actually dealing damage.

Toxin(poison) damage doesn't do anything to MOAs (one does not simply poison robots).

Also, are you sure you're looking straight down when in the air to do the slam attack? Try practicing it in some missions until you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the info. that will help next time i try. but lets be seriouse here... they literally bombard you to death for a rank 3 mission. its over the top. and 24 hour lockout is just plain wrong.

Does your Warframe have Vitality and Redirection mods on? If you have no health/shields, then it's going to be hard to survive all the Shield Lancers.

Again, the MOAs can be neutralized by just being airborne whenever possible.

If this is a combat test, there should be pillars where you can parkour around on.

Reply to this topic...

×  You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×  Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

•  
Edited by Lumamaster

5 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

Doesent matter, i shouldent be forced to use 1 specific mod layout and blade type to do a ranked mission. its rank 3. not 75. im a new player thats been playing for about 2-3 days now. you cant expect a new player (since so many changes last i played) to be a pro after that long. this community is pretty toxic as far as i can see.

You don't have to use one specific layout. If you only focused on getting the pressure point mod leveled up for damage, this test would be child's play for you. If you're aggravated about having to use a specific mod then no worries man, they're reworking damage and taking those mods out.

Just now, Lumamaster said:

If you're using the Dark Sword, that weapon doesn't deal any physical damage, only Radiation.

Honestly, the Dark Sword is kind of terrible, given that it's only useful for CC'ing enemies and not actually dealing damage.

Toxin(poison) damage doesn't do anything to MOAs (one does not simply poison robots).

Actually, the dark sword is pretty OP for conclave. It's my favourite weapon for it (using the dual dark sword down)

24 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I just come back after a few YEARS of not playing because my friends got me back into the game saying its changed allot. sure has.. in allot of ways. im really enoying it. doing missions and getting materials and doing missions.  game says i can rank up, cool i thought. then i go into a test room thinking id just need to test a new ability or how to use a weapon a different way. nope.

Throws me into a bunch of guys with shields and them stomping knockback droids. im sat here with a crummy sword getting bashed around the floor and then "MISSION FAILED". ok... that dident seem balanced or anything. rank 3? you sure it wasent rank 75? it felt like 75. felt like lvl 10 vs lvl 100 kind of deal.

Here comes the best part. "you have to wait 24 hours till you can try again" i was shocked.. i failed and i couldent level up. but then you kick me in the teeth with that sh*t? i dont get my rank and i cant get new equipment...gear...weapons....QUESTS! im gate locked by ranks and i simply cannot continue for a whole 24 hours. this is a rank 3 test... rank 3...nope.

If i fail this for the 3rd time im going to quit. this is not fun, its fustrating and annoying.

teste 3 is hard ?? u should try 22 unperped like me  pff gess what i w8 24 hours and i did it like walking in the park 
See easy u only need too counter the mission type thats all