Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 3 Test Impossible.

F4talFr4me

1 minute ago, F4talFr4me said:

I know  i tried that but my Dark blade only poisons them.... it does not knock down nor disable there shields. playing on keyboard and most times the keys to use that attack doesent even work. it just mid air slashes forwards when it shouldent.

This is where modding is important. The Dark sword does Radiation damage, which is resisted by shields. You can add the Shocking Touch mod to add Electric damage which will be more effective against shields , or add Electric+Cold for Magnetic, which will utterly destroy shields. You should focus on leveling up a Pressure Point mod for adding more raw damage.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CrackFoxLegend said:

You don't have to use one specific layout. If you only focused on getting the pressure point mod leveled up for damage, this test would be child's play for you. If you're aggravated about having to use a specific mod then no worries man, they're reworking damage and taking those mods out.

they are not taking those mods out they a remaking the dmg system those mods will still be in game the buffs they give will be rebalanced

7 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I know  i tried that but my Dark blade only poisons them.... it does not knock down nor disable there shields. playing on keyboard and most times the keys to use that attack doesent even work. it just mid air slashes forwards when it shouldent.

If you have friends to help you, I recommend you to get an atterax.

Dark sword s*cks hard while atterax is part of the top tier weapons (at MR 2 at least)

Just now, marley8991 said:

Oh right, my bad. In that case, you're right. However, the dark sword seems pretty useful against grineer in my opinion :P

For CC purposes, that and Radiation damage is effective against Grineer.

Against high level Grineer though, it's only useful for CC, and not dealing damage. I would rather use my bae Broken-War (STALKER, Y U NO DROP WAR BP YET)

19 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I believe it's the grineer dude with a shield (can't remember the exact name)

It's not being an elitist, the rank test isn't "impossible", it's just your melee weapon that is very bad.

Find a good weapon and levelup your melee mods and you'll see how easy peasy it is.

It's a rank 3 test. Just think of how many mods and weapons rank 2 players have access to.

Just now, F4talFr4me said:

Doesent matter, i shouldent be forced to use 1 specific mod layout and blade type to do a ranked mission. its rank 3. not 75. im a new player thats been playing for about 2-3 days now. you cant expect a new player (since so many changes last i played) to be a pro after that long. this community is pretty toxic as far as i can see.

Nah, this community isn't actually toxic at all. We're all brothers and sisters, all helping each other out and we all love mama Lotus and praise [DE] Rebecca lol.

In all seriousness though, you will find toxicness in every community, but take it from someone who's played the game since 2014, you will rarely find toxicity. Though mostly just when you start a subject around Draco or any other form of xp farming. Other than that, you'll find a lot of people like helping others, especially new players.

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

It's a rank 3 test. Just think of how many mods and weapons rank 2 players have access to.

At the very least, they should have some of the core mods by now.

EDIT:

OP, if you want, you can friend me on WF, and I can help you out with your mod setup, weapons, etc. Granted, I'm not the best person for this though, as there are far more experienced players than me that would do a better job.

Edited by Lumamaster

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

Way enough. They can get atterax (if they manage to get into the void by any mean)  and pressure point, probably organ shatter and fury, not sure about true steel.

2 minutes ago, mob9221 said:

Well, lets not get salty here! Get a good starter melee like dual heat swords (If you're using you bo staff trash it please) or the galatine if you're into heavy weapons!

I do have a maxed out heat sword too. but it dident seem to do much damage. the aoe flame panic it caused was great tho. maybe add toxic to it to get.. err corrosive? corrisove is good on them right? problem im having is getting caught off guard and one of them knocks me down its "mission failed" becuase they all surround and beat the crud out of me.  i try get distance to replenish shields and they just shoot me so my shields wont regen.

Im using hp/shield mods. but im very limited as to what i have or is usefull. my sword uses the melee damage increase as its a straight up increase. others have % crit chance and crit damage too.

Just did it myself at Simaris's practice room, it's easy as hell, just mod your melee weapon better.

No Bursas, no Bombards or Nullifiers, just Shield Lancers and Shockwave MOA's he is apparently having trouble with.

Also, mod your frame for survivability.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Just now, Lumamaster said:

For CC purposes, that and Radiation damage is effective against Grineer.

Against high level Grineer though, it's only useful for CC, and not dealing damage. I would rather use my bae Broken-War (STALKER, Y U NO DROP WAR BP YET)

OMG I love this sword too xD. However, I'm still here trying to get Hate and Despair... But I only get Dreads -_-

Just now, Lumamaster said:

At the very least, they should have some of the core mods by now.

Yeah some fusion core mods.

I was around rank 4-5 when I first got serration. This was back when before broken mods existed, but you can't life off broken mods and it is unreasonable to think that low MR players will consistently have access to good mods. Or good weapons for that matter. When you're starting out and have no clue credits are hard to come by, so are resources since you literally can't go to most planets, and even if you could you wouldn't be able to contribute since- again you have no good weapons.

4 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I do have a maxed out heat sword too. but it dident seem to do much damage. the aoe flame panic it caused was great tho. maybe add toxic to it to get.. err corrosive? corrisove is good on them right? problem im having is getting caught off guard and one of them knocks me down its "mission failed" becuase they all surround and beat the crud out of me.  i try get distance to replenish shields and they just shoot me so my shields wont regen.

Im using hp/shield mods. but im very limited as to what i have or is usefull. my sword uses the melee damage increase as its a straight up increase. others have % crit chance and crit damage too.

A useful parkour tactic is the Bullet Jump. Basically, press your crouch button, then your jump button, and you'll boost jump in the direction that you're aiming in. Also works while sliding. Very good to get in the air, you can also use your secondary jump as well, then combo into a slam attack.

Edited by Lumamaster

If its those robots, you should use cold+electricity to get magnetic damage oh yea and btw, go in with your tankiest frame, and keep jumping in the air and ground slamming, try to dodge their attacks by sliding, bullet jumping and back flipping 

A guide on advanced movements:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Movement

(The wiki is your best friend)

and choose the frame with the most health (shield isn't affected by armor i think)

1 minute ago, Lumamaster said:

A good parkour tactic is known as the Bullet Jump. Basically, press your crouch button, then your jump button, and you'll boost jump in the direction that you're aiming in. Also works while sliding. Very good to get in the air, you can also use your secondary jump as well, then combo into a slam attack.

friend taught me that one yesterday. very handy.

2 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

Shields are indeed not affected by armor.

I find that odd.. shouldent it calculate armor then reduce shields by that ammount absorbed by armor previously.. sounds flawed to me.

Edited by F4talFr4me

47 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I just come back after a few YEARS of not playing because my friends got me back into the game saying its changed allot. sure has.. in allot of ways. im really enoying it. doing missions and getting materials and doing missions.  game says i can rank up, cool i thought. then i go into a test room thinking id just need to test a new ability or how to use a weapon a different way. nope.

Throws me into a bunch of guys with shields and them stomping knockback droids. im sat here with a crummy sword getting bashed around the floor and then "MISSION FAILED". ok... that dident seem balanced or anything. rank 3? you sure it wasent rank 75? it felt like 75. felt like lvl 10 vs lvl 100 kind of deal.

Here comes the best part. "you have to wait 24 hours till you can try again" i was shocked.. i failed and i couldent level up. but then you kick me in the teeth with that sh*t? i dont get my rank and i cant get new equipment...gear...weapons....QUESTS! im gate locked by ranks and i simply cannot continue for a whole 24 hours. this is a rank 3 test... rank 3...nope.

If i fail this for the 3rd time im going to quit. this is not fun, its fustrating and annoying.

This is when you need to start using complex maneuvers to deal with these enemies, Sprint, jump, and then use the crouch key while in the air, this will perform a leaping sidekick that will knock down any enemy, including/especially shielded enemies, this will open them to ground finisher attacks.

Leap into the air, look at the ground, and hold the melee key, this will perform a radial ground slam attack that knocks down enemies near you, openeing them to ground finishers.

Hold the left mouse button to channel your warframe's energy into your melee weapon, causing it to deal increased damage to enemies. Hold the right mouse button to perform a block that deflects enemy fire, melee attacks, and ground attacks.

Holding both the left and mouse buttons  while being attacked will perform an auto-counter against melee attacks, stunning the enemy and opening them up to execution finisher attacks.

Run, crouch, then jump will perform a bullet jump, bullet jumps will stagger enemies near you opening them up to attacks and causing damage to them.

Jumping at an enemy and timing the jump key when you land on them will cause damage to them and knock them down (goomba stomp), opening them up to ground finisher attacks.

You can go to a relay and in simaris's room, you can practice the mastery rank test.

I hope these techniques help.

Edited by Gelkor

I find that odd.. shouldent it calculate armor then reduce shields by that ammount absorbed by armor previously.. sounds flawed to me.

Shields are not affected by armor because i believe its an energy field outside the warframe protecting it (its a guess)

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Go to the relay and find the Simaris room on the upper level (top floor right hand side). There you can practice your mastery test without needing to wait the 24 hours if you fail. Practice until you are confident that you can do it, then qualifiy. 

F4talFr4me, I'm quoting this. This will save you a lot of pain on all your next MR tests. 

Btw, don't give up on the game due to any one mechanic or something that seems to be a wall. They are challenges you can overcome with thought, research, or directly asking others for help in conquering (either through joining your squad or giving you tips and answers).

Some good resources are this forum, the warframe subreddit, and warframe wikia. 

Here's one of the best guides on damage I've seen. Hosted by the Primarch Clan:

http://primarchguild.com/warframe-best-damage-combinations-guide/

Edited by Rhekemi