Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 3 Test Impossible.

F4talFr4me

If the the "Stompy knockback droids" are giving you problems try rolling through the orange shockwave they make. It won't knock you back if you do that. Also try upgrading your melee mods and adding elemental effects. Magnetic and toxin is great against corpus, Radiation and Viral is great against Grineer, and Corrosive and heat/cold is great for most late game enemies. You'll get the hang of it in time, just ignore these guys giving you gripe, or take it all with a grain of salt. Good luck with your next attempt.

51 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

Sorry for not being a pro after 2-3 days of playing. shame on me for being new to the game.

In 2-3 days, you should have gathered a considerable amount of mods, just enough to get you past level 1 enemies, or whatever they throw at you in the mastery 3 test. And also, it's not just how you mod your weapons, it's how you play the game. Warframe has a very flexible parkour system meant to be utilized in combat extensively, in order to evade damage and be pretty badass. If you play it like your typical slow-paced fps without a tanky frame, you're going to die.

EDIT: Also, you can jump over those "stompy knockback droids' shockwaves. They will make a clear indicator whenever they are about to make the shockwaves anyways, because they raise their legs up for about like 3 seconds. Whenever you see their legs go up, run away, bullet jump, whatever you can do, and then avoid the thin orange shockwave circle. It's not that hard

Edited by 360Broscoper

52 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

Actually modding your weapons properly is where 90% of your damage comes from. Fail to mod properly, fail to kill anything. I suppose your issue comes from lack of modding knowledge. Enemies of certain factions require a certain mod build to face them. Also parkour and movement mastery will help a lot. 

Also just maybe the lack of mods.

The F*** are you going to do with a skana? Every longsword in this game is trash without Crimson Dervish and there's no way a rank 2/3 will have one.

It is possible, but a weapon that has knockdown might help you a bit. Just tried it out with unmodded Nyx Prime and Prisma Skana. I didn't pass it my first attempt due to the unexpected damage from Lancers, but everything else isn't too bad. Didn't need to do anything too complex, just rolling, slide attacks, and slam attacks.

Suggestions:

• Keep on the move, the melee units can't keep up with you. Also, rolling gives you damage reduction (75%?) for its duration
  • Along the same lines, use slide attacks followed by a roll to hit and run on the enemies
  • Try to keep pillars between you and the Lancers while you're dealing with the melee units. Distance is also helpful to reduce their accuracy if you are in their view.
  • Use a melee that has knockdown on the slam attack. Especially useful on the Lancers to give a few seconds of room. Opens enemies up to ground finishers for more damage

1 minute ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

Also just maybe the lack of mods.

The F*** are you going to do with a skana? Every longsword in this game is trash without Crimson Dervish and there's no way a rank 2/3 will have one.

Dude in the mastery rank 3 test, you don't need a high level stance. First off, the enemies are level 1 so you will hit them on your first shot without any mods. That's what I did. Second off, you don't need the extra mod capacity at that early level because you don't have that many mods and they are not maxed out.

52 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

I know  i tried that but my Dark blade only poisons them.... it does not knock down nor disable there shields. playing on keyboard and most times the keys to use that attack doesent even work. it just mid air slashes forwards when it shouldent.

When you want to do a ground slam, you have to aim at the ground mid-air with your sword. Don't aim forward

3 minutes ago, 360Broscoper said:

Dude in the mastery rank 3 test, you don't need a high level stance. First off, the enemies are level 1 so you will hit them on your first shot without any mods. That's what I did. Second off, you don't need the extra mod capacity at that early level because you don't have that many mods and they are not maxed out.

You're a little off. The enemies are Lvl 15

1 hour ago, F4talFr4me said:

Dont be an elitest.

> gives reasonable advice to a new player

>gets called an elitist

Someone put the bad luck brian meme here

Seriously the mastery tests are supposed to test your skill AND your equipment, if you can't pass em, you are not ready yet. You do have to learn how to mod your weapons properly in order to pass them, you can't do anything interesting without mods in this game

49 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

It's a rank 3 test. Just think of how many mods and weapons rank 2 players have access to.

You have access to everything that's required to pass that test

FYI I once tried that test with a modless Volt and a modless Magistar (a terrible, terribly slow, terribly low damage melee) and passed it, the key is to use slam attacks and blocks, there's nothing "impossible" about this

Just so people know it is supposed to be a new player test, sure if you have more than a thousand hours on Warframe you'll pass it with basic weapon and without any difficulty but we are talking about people having maximum 30 hours of play ^^

When i saw thoose shield guy i got rekt on my first attempt, with the second attempt i was able to understand how to deal with them but you can't expect most player to deal with them at that time ^^

Those shield lancers are tough to finish off with just a melee!  I would say wait for them to "charge" you and then hit them head on, OR DO a ground slam to knock them down and then finish them off.  

Here's what I mean:

Around 0:45 there's a ground slam performed and it seems to work :)

Good luck, you can do it!

Ranking up being difficult is nice. Then you'll feel much better when you rank up. =) Things are not impossible in Warframe, there are just appropiate ways of doing some things. Rank tests should TEST what you've learnt about the game. It's really good that those tests are not just some trivial thing. Good rewards (even if there are no "material" rewards) are even better after accomplishing something difficult for your ability, and learning even more because of that. 

Just keep on trying, are you rushed? 'Cause I see no problem about the 24hs wait. You can always practice it in the relay, or look for some guide online. 

Edited by BLI7Z

Just now, BLI7Z said:

Ranking up being difficult is nice. Then you'll feel much better when you rank up. =) Things are not impossible in Warframe, there are just appropiate ways of doing some things. Rank tests should TEST what you've learnt about the game. It's really good that those tests are not just some trivial thing. Good rewards (even if there are any "material" rewards) are even better after accomplishing something difficult for your ability, and learning even more because of that. 

Just keep on trying, are you rushed? 'Cause I see no problem about the 24hs wait. You can always practice it in the relay, or look for some guide online. 

Ranking up is hard. thats fine. but the 24 hour slap in the face is not.

1 hour ago, F4talFr4me said:

Sorry for not being a pro after 2-3 days of playing. shame on me for being new to the game.

you don't have to be a pro but it's also ignorant to say it's impossible and they're elitist because you don't actually know how to mod the weapons correctly or leveled enough. There's no rush to get past MR3 play at your own pace and have mods leveled high enough when you can kill them correctly