Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 3 Test Impossible.

F4talFr4me

19 minutes ago, Toutong said:

Just so people know it is supposed to be a new player test, sure if you have more than a thousand hours on Warframe you'll pass it with basic weapon and without any difficulty but we are talking about people having maximum 30 hours of play ^^

When i saw thoose shield guy i got rekt on my first attempt, with the second attempt i was able to understand how to deal with them but you can't expect most player to deal with them at that time ^^

I think I had less than 30 hours play and it wasn't exactly hard, if you took notice while playing normal levels, I didn't even practice it as I didn't know about the practice room (well entire second floor actually) at the time .... Nothing special other than the mods I could gain at that level

2 hours ago, F4talFr4me said:

Doesent matter, i shouldent be forced to use 1 specific mod layout and blade type to do a ranked mission. its rank 3. not 75. im a new player thats been playing for about 2-3 days now. you cant expect a new player (since so many changes last i played) to be a pro after that long. this community is pretty toxic as far as i can see.

Test 3 is hard? *Looks down from MR12* You may just need to "git gud" really, they throw some weak enemies at you for most if not all MR tests. Like, weaker than their regular versions. You may just need to take a look at your equipment and make that better. Pro-tip: MR tests don't need to be done right away, do them on your own time when you feel ready. I pretty much did the first three tests within 3 weeks of each other, not because I needed to grind the levels up or anything, but I did one test a week because that's when I felt like doing them. Also, you can always got to the first relay and practice them at Simaris' place on the second floor in the back.

EDIT: They put a @(*()$ Shield Lancer in there now? Holy hell DE, that's rough... Easy strats would be to climb one of the pillars around(which you can do unless they changed that too!) and then jump smash the S#&$ outta him, if he rag dolls you can finish him on the floor. I really gotta see this now

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

Shield Lancers and Shockwave MOA's
Dropkick. Dropkick is your friend for both of those.
Dropkick over the shockwave, dropkick when the MOA is in it's stomp animation (it will cancel it), dropkick the lancer any moment you want to. Even as he charges you.
They will fall on the ground and be open for finisher move. At ~MR3 that should kill them dead.

Howto: run towards enemy, jump, ctrl+e*. (turn around>'E' for finisher move).

Note that there is NO enemy safe for dropkicks!! They'll lose some health in the process, so with patience you can actually dropkick an enemy to death. I killed a LVL100 bombard with dropkicks. It took some time but it was fun. The poor guy could not do anything but fall and get up and fall... He must have been raging by the time I finished him...
It's one of those older moves many seem to have forgotten exists. That is, I see very few people do it.

*IIRC, might be without 'e' = it's such an automated move for me I don't even know exactly by now

Edited by ComCray

Not sure if anyone else mentioned but we only have 30 ranks, and the highest achievable is 22. As everyone here is saying get good mods. Your not being forced into anything. LITERALLY get good mods. damage mods in particular, and survival/anti-knockdown mods. Strategy is key. You need to change your load out based on the threat. No one would use the same load out on all the threats in the game its not functional, and your not dishing out maximum damage to the enemy. The grineer shield guys have a weakness to puncture, slash, poison fire, corrosive. Particularly puncture, and corrosive are to get through their armor. While slash, poison, and fire will do direct damage on their health. It is the only sure fire way to effectively kill them with efficiency. If a Bursa is involved mod yourself for puncture, and corrosive/poison, or radiation damage to take on both of them at the same time. Anti-Knock Down mods aren't 100% effective, but when maxed they are worth something in battle to keep you on your feet. Can't do that? Then do whatever is needed to grab a Atlas so you don't have to mod for anti-knock down since its a passive for him. Heck you could use throwing melee weapons of the glaive series if you want to throw the weapon behind them, and have it come back from behind to do damage. You could also add power throw, or even activate your channeling while its in mid air to make it explode beside the enemy past their shield.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

I think I had less than 30 hours play and it wasn't exactly hard, if you took notice while playing normal levels, I didn't even practice it as I didn't know about the practice room (well entire second floor actually) at the time .... Nothing special other than the mods I could gain at that level

I actually did that test 2 times, one with my older character i had a easy peasy fight because there was no difficulty, no shield thingie ^^

Now the second char (my actual main) i was thinking i would get that easy test but when two shieldied man takes you and do some table tenis with your Warframe it feels bad and you die pretty fast, there is a HUGE gap of skill level between MR2 and MR3 maybe the biggest one that's why a lot will have troubles with that one ^^

I hope you understand :P

7 minutes ago, Toutong said:

I actually did that test 2 times, one with my older character i had a easy peasy fight because there was no difficulty, no shield thingie ^^

Now the second char (my actual main) i was thinking i would get that easy test but when two shieldied man takes you and do some table tenis with your Warframe it feels bad and you die pretty fast, there is a HUGE gap of skill level between MR2 and MR3 maybe the biggest one that's why a lot will have troubles with that one ^^

I hope you understand :P

how long ago was the first one, I only did mine within the last 2 months as that's all the time I've been playing the game.  Pretty sure I had moas and shield lancers in mine too and like I said it wasn't exactly hard as you learn to fight these in the early stages of the game.

I'm MR9 now and the rank 3 test was so much more difficult than all the other tests. The difficulty just seemed to spike out of nowhere (and then disappear again), and as a brand new player I was obviously completely unprepared. Gotta mod hard and practice the test. 

Edited by (PS4)cemeteryman2046

- slam attacks will knockdown enemies. From there u can try doing a ground finisher.

- get a better melee. The dark dagger aren't very good for this situation. Have a weapon with decent reach and rank it up enough to equip pressure point.

- use pillars as cover and run from 1 pillar to another.. The shockwave moa will chase you while the shield lancer should lag behind, allowing you to be seperated from them.

- bullet jump. Shield lancer will shoot you from a distance. If you bullet jump near them, it will cause them to fall over. Similiarly if you jump kick them (press slide while midair) that will also knock them down.

- equip some health (vitality) and shield (redirection) on your warframe to improve survivability.

- if your warframe is not rank 30, i suggest getting it to rank 30 to maximise its health and shield capacity.

Practice in the Sanctuary, 2nd floor in relay. Try to move around alot and hit them from different angles. Sometimes it is too easy to get caught up swinging in a stationary position.

Everyone has difficulties in different areas. Don't be frustrated, just practice and you will get through it.

4 hours ago, Zezakh said:

Well, S#&$.   I doubt those of us with masteries in the teens could waste Bursas using only meele fast enough to complete the test. 

Report this as a bug and ask for your mastery level to be manually raised. 

Mr18 here. I accept your challenge.

Having read through most of this here, I can fairly safely say you are in the steep part of your learning curve about melee.  I just reran the mission a few times and as it turns out they actually made it easier from when I had to do it.

However from what you said there are several things working against you.  For one the dark sword cannot knock enemies over.  One of the most powerful melee combos it to knock an enemy over and then use the ground finisher attack on them.  Not having that available for the test is doing you no favors.  I suggest you switch the Bo.

Also the radiation and toxic damage type are both resisted by the enemies in that mission.  The radiation damage can be changed by changing weapons, and the elemental damage can by changing mods.  I would suggest North Wind, the 90% cold damage mod.

Lastly there are all kinds of melee and parkor mechanics available that could be used to pass the mission.  However, I would not expect a MR2 to be able to pull those off, yet.  But just for the fun of it, I tried the test with an unmodded dark sword.  It took me a couple tries but I did complete the test so is possible, but it is not easy.

My suggestion is to use a Bo with a maxed out Pressure Point (+120% melee damage), and a maxed out North Wind (+90% cold damage).  If you don't have it already this setup is easy to obtain and makes the test trivial.  The Bo has a huge knock down radius and then you just kick them while they are down.  Even the MK1-bo would work.

I'm not trying to be elitist but the test is very easy, and a little exploration into the game's mechanics will allow you to pass it.

8 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

Its not about skill, its just about putting on a few mods/upgrading mods is what you need to do. You might wanna read up about it. Also a tip: You can practice mastery rank tests in any Relay in Simaris' room.

He's rank 3 you moron, he'll hardly have any mods and most of them un-maxxed. All you people being elitist douchenozzles to this guy, seriously.

1 minute ago, Zaniel_Aus said:

He's rank 3 you moron, he'll hardly have any mods and most of them un-maxxed. All you people being elitist douchenozzles to this guy, seriously.

Being Rank 2 at very least gives you access to Venus and Earth, where most basic melee mods drop.

10 hours ago, Gelkor said:

This is when you need to start using complex maneuvers to deal with these enemies, Sprint, jump, and then use the crouch key while in the air, this will perform a leaping sidekick that will knock down any enemy, including/especially shielded enemies, this will open them to ground finisher attacks.

Leap into the air, look at the ground, and hold the melee key, this will perform a radial ground slam attack that knocks down enemies near you, openeing them to ground finishers.

Hold the left mouse button to channel your warframe's energy into your melee weapon, causing it to deal increased damage to enemies. Hold the right mouse button to perform a block that deflects enemy fire, melee attacks, and ground attacks.

Holding both the left and mouse buttons  while being attacked will perform an auto-counter against melee attacks, stunning the enemy and opening them up to execution finisher attacks.

Run, crouch, then jump will perform a bullet jump, bullet jumps will stagger enemies near you opening them up to attacks and causing damage to them.

Jumping at an enemy and timing the jump key when you land on them will cause damage to them and knock them down (goomba stomp), opening them up to ground finisher attacks.

You can go to a relay and in simaris's room, you can practice the mastery rank test.

I hope these techniques help.

This is really good advice. But it allso highlights the lack of tutorials and information in the game.

I have been playing this game a long time,  and I had no idea about holding both buttons down to counter. I have never heard of it.

Question for the OP:

Is there any tutorials or tips while you start out? I really hoped this was in a better place by now - back in my day there was nothing whatso ever.

Been grinding stuff last night with a guy from the forums.. Dia.. something.. sorry forgot the name. he gave me some very nice mods and we was running tons of missions for credits and upgrade mods. thanks to him and the others who helped me :D

20 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

Been grinding stuff last night with a guy from the forums.. Dia.. something.. sorry forgot the name. he gave me some very nice mods and we was running tons of missions for credits and upgrade mods. thanks to him and the others who helped me :D

The 24hr mastery rank test failure punishment time is pretty much the only punishment system in the game. Oh, and you can have a Kubrow/Kavat die permanently if you let their genetic stability drop to -100%. 

Just keep chill, and keep trying. :)

*curses at Kela De Thaym*

17 hours ago, LSG501 said:

how long ago was the first one, I only did mine within the last 2 months as that's all the time I've been playing the game.  Pretty sure I had moas and shield lancers in mine too and like I said it wasn't exactly hard as you learn to fight these in the early stages of the game.

It was before the Warframe 2.0 change i guess or right after don't really know ^^

On 7/11/2016 at 1:55 AM, Zaniel_Aus said:

Agreed. It has been a mixed response here of typical d-bag neckbeards and actual helpful replies. I too got my face melted in the R3 challenge. And OP is right the difficulty spike is comical from the first 2 challenges.

So much so, in fact, it really needs to be looked at by the Dev Team. It is about the equivalent of taking a n00b MMO player and throwing them into T-1 content on any given game after they have just learned the basic mechanics of how to even play. I've played every MMO since the EQ days and I can't remember seeing a difficulty level spike so exponentially before. So keep your fanboy no-lifer BS to a minimum. As an objective 3rd party, the guy is completely correct about how absurd the jump is.

I'm in a max ranked Mag Prime 500 shields / 300 health maxed Dakra with fire spec + mitigation and that was a damn challenging test. I also failed the first time until I discovered the 'magic' of the fact you can camp on top of the columns and just do mad power drops onto the shield guys. It is trivial at that point. But it was what? 3 pages into this thread I think before someone actually showed exactly how to do that. The first page or so was Neckbeardin' basically. *shrug*