Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Removal/EXP Nerf

SquireAngel

So, I get that the star chart was made to make it easier to progress, and that draco got swapped to a survival, but the overall nerf to affinity gains? REALLY? I get the want to have leveling linked to more active game play, but now we don't even have that. Draco was a means to an end. You were able to apply the, often required, 5-6 forma something would need for an endgame worthy build, or just to see all your mods sit in the weapon/frame. You have cut off the ability to level quickly, which, on paper sounds good for the community as a whole. Higher level enemies aren't really worth their weight in EXP. I get that lower level players were blazing through MR ranks without really learning the game, I get that the removal of Draco was a thing, but, as an MR 21 player who tries REALLY hard to bring out the maximum potential in my guns, it's frustrating to loose the ability to bring new weapons up to the level I expect my weapons to perform at. 

While many players may not need to devote nearly as much time and energy to maxing out weapons, I have enjoyed having my arsenal stocked with a decent number of 59 weapons I have invested heavy forma into, and have maximized all my frames. This number has brought me to a total of 290 forma invested across the berth of my arsenal, with some weapons requiring 6 forma for an appropriate build, and frames requiring 4 forma to maximize. Without a reliable source of Affinity to farm, it's going to take MUCH more time to maximize new weapons, and has already dissuaded me from forma'ing my stradavar and Split dark sword. There needs to be some concession to allow for power leveling, as there are many players such as I who like to bring unloved weapons into the foray, but don't want to sacrifice performance to do so. 

Draco wasn't a hit, but the removal of decent affinity gain has gimped the ability to maximize weapons without investing HOURS into each weapon/frame. 

46 minutes ago, ninjahell said:

There a new "Draco exp farming" map

Try Sedna, Berehynia

I tried and wasn't that into it. The sites were far away from each other, less enemies, lots of rotations needed unless your team knows what to do and a lot of stuff blocking your shots. Some of these problems are expected and they are nothing if you go in with a specific squad that can clear the enemies easily. However, as someone who doesn't like to just sit in one place or play with a cheesy strategies squad, this place just doesn't seem to work for me. I just want to join a random squad and try to use my weapons I'm interested in.

Edited by Miihoo

10 minutes ago, Miihoo said:

I tried and wasn't that into it. The sites were far away from each other, less enemies, lots of rotations needed unless your team knows what to do and a lot of stuff blocking your shots. Some of these problems are expected and they are nothing if you go in with a specific squad that can clear the enemies easily. However, as someone who doesn't like to just sit in one place or play with a cheesy strategies squad, this place just doesn't seem to work for me. I just want to join a random squad and try to use my weapons I'm interested in.

My concern isn't even over the loss of the ability to cheese a few rounds and max out weapons, it's over the ability to level up reliably in general. I'll need 5-6 forma on my new kavat, and it's taking hours, like, 5-6 per forma, to max out. I was running plenty of survival and interceptions, and it was very slow going. They site they wanted to reward 'more active game play', but have nerfed the ability to gain affinity AS WELL as removed Dracoish cheesing. There is no real good way, cheese or no, in the game currently.

I only recently began using Draco to power level all the weapons and frames I was collecting. I was working so hard at it that I had to buy Forma a couple dozen times a day. I was looking forward to "catching up" to everyone I saw online and exploring what the game could offer.

Apparently, I was playing the game wrong. I've since resigned myself to never buy Forma again, or anything from the Market—not with real money. It's just as well, because the game was becoming expensive, and I suppose I should be spending my money on other things. I'm a bit disappointed, as I was looking for a cape to go with my Nekros just as the game was turned upside down.

Following the update, it became obvious in the first minutes of play that Affinity had been nerfed. Maybe we all needed to be taught a lesson about needing to play less often and more casually. Which is probably for the best.

I do want to apologize for the money I've been spending on the game over the past couple months. I never imagined what I was doing was hurting Warframe or the community in some way. I promise not to do it again.

I understand the developers are also wanting players to stop playing endless missions. Maybe it eats up too much bandwidth. But I'll look around for a thread about that, specifically.

Edited by DEATHLOK

1 hour ago, SquireAngel said:

My concern isn't even over the loss of the ability to cheese a few rounds and max out weapons, it's over the ability to level up reliably in general. I'll need 5-6 forma on my new kavat, and it's taking hours, like, 5-6 per forma, to max out. I was running plenty of survival and interceptions, and it was very slow going. They site they wanted to reward 'more active game play', but have nerfed the ability to gain affinity AS WELL as removed Dracoish cheesing. There is no real good way, cheese or no, in the game currently.

That's what I wanted too; to be able to play with any weapon while getting xp and it doesn't feel like I have to be playing for the whole day just to max out the gear I have. Also never knew about the affinity nerf but it did felt like I was getting way less affinity than normally and apparantly they nerfed the credit gain aswell.

Edited by Miihoo
Word

there's many other ways to play the game, perhaps if Players branched out and become more capable they would find some ways to gain XP that they like, out of the many, many choices for high XP there are.

XP accruement hasn't been reduced, Enemies aren't worth less XP than they were before. they're worth same or more, actually.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

there's many other ways to play the game, perhaps if Players branched out and become more capable they would find some ways to gain XP that they like, out of the many, many choices for high XP there are.

XP accruement hasn't been reduced, Enemies aren't worth less XP than they were before. they're worth same or more, actually.

As a PS4 guy, I'm asking this for personal interest when the update hits me.  Where can the OP go or what should he do to upgrade his kavats in 45mins to an hour per forma?  Going from 45mins per forma to 5-6 hours seems really harsh.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I'm asking this for personal interest when the update hits me.  Where can you find Affinity?

• groups of Players can find lots of XP in Missions with high Enemy Density, as they always have. such as Survival, Excavation, Et Cetera.
  • a single cycle of Void Defense has always done very well as the Corrupted Spec has a mixture of a lot of Medium/Heavy Units.
  • Spy Terminals give up to 12,000 XP each when completed without triggering the Vault Alarms. if one can complete the Vaults quickly, the Mission is very short. Objective completion XP, since not a Kill, is distributed in an excellent fashion across Equipment.
    Objective XP also has no 'Range Limit', so having 3 Players complete each Vault at the same time would still net the same Objective XP.
  • Stealth Multipliers can award some great XP for time invested as long as the Multiplier is kept high.

and more.

53 minutes ago, taiiat said:
  • groups of Players can find lots of XP in Missions with high Enemy Density, as they always have. such as Survival, Excavation, Et Cetera.
  • a single cycle of Void Defense has always done very well as the Corrupted Spec has a mixture of a lot of Medium/Heavy Units.
  • Spy Terminals give up to 12,000 XP each when completed without triggering the Vault Alarms. if one can complete the Vaults quickly, the Mission is very short. Objective completion XP, since not a Kill, is distributed in an excellent fashion across Equipment.
    Objective XP also has no 'Range Limit', so having 3 Players complete each Vault at the same time would still net the same Objective XP.
  • Stealth Multipliers can award some great XP for time invested as long as the Multiplier is kept high.

and more.

Please use my real quote.  Changing my question tells me you are not actually trying to address the question at hand.

I asked where OP could get a kavat from 0 to 30 in 45min?  It is certainly not in spy vaults, and OP has stated that the endless mission types are taking 5-6 hours per forma.  Stealth multipliers are not good for leveling equipment since the xp goes to the frame and the weapon used to do the killing, not the thing you are trying to level.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Changing my question tells me you are not actually trying to address the question at hand.

i covered everything related to XP. super niche options are not listed but the options given cover anything XP related a Player might want to do.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

i covered everything related to XP. super niche options are not listed but the options given cover anything XP related a Player might want to do.

So as far as you know it is no longer possible to quickly forma gear, and 5-6 hours per forma is the new standard.  Thank you for the info.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

and more.

groups of Players can find lots of XP in Missions with high Enemy Density, as they always have. such as Survival, Excavation, Et Cetera.

This game is made up of 90% lone wolf/Hallway Hero's they NEVER stay within Affinity share range.

a single cycle of Void Defense has always done very well as the Corrupted Spec has a mixture of a lot of Medium/Heavy Units.

See Above

Spy Terminals give up to 12,000 XP each when completed without triggering the Vault Alarms. if one can complete the Vaults quickly, the Mission is very short. Objective completion XP, since not a Kill, is distributed in an excellent fashion across Equipment.

Last time I checked there are only a few frames that complete Spy Vaults

Stealth Multipliers can award some great XP for time invested as long as the Multiplier is kept high.

IF you are using a stealth Frame.

This why Draco worked, you could bring any frame of any level with any weapons and earn Affinity or Focus and you where always in share range.

When new players realize that it will take them years to level what others have done in days no to mention that any new player will almost NEVER 

max out a focus tree why would they play this game ?

The Grind is Brutal and offering nothing other than buying boosters to bypass this is a recipe for disaster.

Edited by DxAdder

9 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

So as far as you know it is no longer possible to quickly forma gear, and 5-6 hours per forma is the new standard.  Thank you for the info.

if you need that long to Polarize anything, obviously you don't have an idea what you're doing.
like my first post, just a Thread where people that are lost in the sea because they refused to learn anything about the game.

2 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

you could bring any frame of any level with any weapons and earn Affinity

if you think the mentioned things require specific Equipment, nobody can help you.

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you need that long to Polarize anything, obviously you don't have an idea what you're doing.
like my first post, just a Thread where people that are lost in the sea because they refused to learn anything about the game.

if you think the mentioned things require specific Equipment, nobody can help you.

So your going to Bring a a Lvl 0 Atlas to a tier 3 Spy Corpus Spy mission and complete all three vaults ?  

I had no issues bring any frame to Draco, Spy/Stealth missions are for specific frames ONLY

2 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

So your going to Bring a a Lvl 0 Atlas to a tier 3 Spy Corpus Spy mission and complete all three vaults ?  

I had no issues bring any frame to Draco, Spy/Stealth missions are for specific frames ONLY

Rubbish, I have levelled every frame i have on spy missions, because you mentioned it, yes that includes Atlas, I learned to do the moon spy missions in an Atlas. nothing about spy vaults requires any warframe powers.

6 minutes ago, Terraziel said:

Rubbish, I have levelled every frame i have on spy missions, because you mentioned it, yes that includes Atlas, I learned to do the moon spy missions in an Atlas. nothing about spy vaults requires any warframe powers.

Did you lvl that frame and a weapon AND max out focus in 40 minutes doing that ? I think not.

18 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Erm, no ?

Spy is my go to when leveling equipment, frames included, I can say that most, if not, all of my frames I've run Spy missions with have been levelled there from scratch at least once. 

I will give you that the Stealth Multiplier XP bonus is  kinda restricted to melee and high burst weapons, but even then I have other options to fall back on.

Focus gain could definitely get a look at, too, imo

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

2 hours ago, DxAdder said:

This game is made up of 90% lone wolf/Hallway Hero's they NEVER stay within Affinity share range.

So...get a group together. Stay for longer. It's not really a big deal if you stay together.

Last time I checked there are only a few frames that complete Spy Vaults

Is Mag one of them? Because I can do Spy Vaults with my mag, easy peasy.

IF you are using a stealth Frame.

You mean IF you are stealthy. Again, my little miss Maggie is quite good with the whole 'stealth' thing.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

And again instead of addressing my question, you attack me instead.

You are acting like one of those people who says they know everything and then just lashes out at whoever questions your supposed knowledge.  You are not helpful to this conversation at all.

I play on PS4 and I want to know how long it takes to grind out the forma needed to max a piece of gear out in the new system.  Currently it takes 45mins per forma, and OP stated it now takes 5-6 hours.  If that is true that is a QOL change that will make me stop playing since formaing equipment is already a massive grind and if what OP said is true that grind has been lengthened by 8 times.

I asked a valid question and instead you patronizingly treated me like a child.

So I'll ask one last time to give you one final chance to not be a troll.

Where do you go to forma your gear in the new system and how long does it take?

Edited by (PS4)Final_Dragon01

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Where do you go to forma your gear in the new system?

the same places i already did. everything i mentioned.

and it's not even remotely as long to Level anything as 'being suggested'. not even remotely close to 5+Hrs.