Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 3

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Gauge the peers: what if the star map kept the look it has now (I'm sure it could use improvement, but I like the linear pathway and it does look cool) but we move the access point into the operator chamber? That way when we access the star chart the lights dim around us like a planetarium and it feels more natural inside the liset. Or at least pull a blast shield down in the ship-to-surface section to explain the loss of liset background light?

I'm just spit balling here: seeing if anything sticks.

If they actually do that, it would be cool but it'd have to be the blast shields option because players pre-SD won't be able to access the star chart if put in the chamber.

1 minute ago, Bacms said:

Essential they make your warframe powers useless. No one has problems in killing them we have problems with them basically breaking the game and turning warframe into a simple fps that you need to kill everything with your weapons 

Ok that's a point you have there.

12 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Gauge the peers: what if the star map kept the look it has now (I'm sure it could use improvement, but I like the linear pathway and it does look cool) but we move the access point into the operator chamber? That way when we access the star chart the lights dim around us like a planetarium and it feels more natural inside the liset. Or at least pull a blast shield down in the ship-to-surface section to explain the loss of liset background light?

I'm just spit balling here: seeing if anything sticks.

The devs already have a lot on their plate at the moment I'm sure. Aside from that, I like to imagine what we're seeing is an overlay on our somatic connection to our Warframe. Basically, augmented reality Orokin-style.

43 minutes ago, Sennera said:

They had Tennocon over the weekend and couldn't handle player feedback as well as usual.

Player feedback is not necessary for them to realize the drop rate of something is too low, especially when they are selling that thing for money. The numbers are too low because they were not properly tested. And they didn't properly test them because they were rushing things in order to release the update in time.

DE has been doing things like this for over three years now. No surprises there. But most of the time their mistakes don't end up encouraging people to spend money. This one did.

Can't wait to see what gets fixed in the next hotfix. I just hope that the neck snapping in the star map is last on the list, I will actually enjoy that glitch until it is gone, haha.

EDIT: And I hope Kavat drop increase is coming more then anything, farming for the segment alone let alone the first Kavat is a big task that is long and tedious and has only driven me away from trying to get it.

Edited by NecroPed

Any word on the possibility of a solution for Specters of the Rail "early downloaders" who suffered from wonky Key -> Relic conversion?

I was entirely missing several relic types, despite having many of every Void Key. I know this is easier said than done, especially now that our Relic inventories have changed, but any definitive news one way or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the hard work, gang.

1 hour ago, Burritochu said:

Would it be possible to get a fix for the Excavation 5x R5 Fusion Core rewards? Only the first pack of 5 actually gives 5 and any others just give +1 to that.

This.
Also please fix not getting Simaris rep and advancing his daily quests when doing scans. 

Good to see stuff being addressed. 

19 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Any word on the possibility of a solution for Specters of the Rail "early downloaders" who suffered from wonky Key -> Relic conversion?

I was entirely missing several relic types, despite having many of every Void Key. I know this is easier said than done, especially now that our Relic inventories have changed, but any definitive news one way or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah. I don't have any Lith A1s which is kinda weird and unfortunate neverlucky.

Edited by RadioLarity

26 minutes ago, Sennera said:

The devs already have a lot on their plate at the moment I'm sure. Aside from that, I like to imagine what we're seeing is an overlay on our somatic connection to our Warframe. Basically, augmented reality Orokin-style.

It's actually a throwback to the way it used to be. A few years ago when the star chart was more set up like it is right now.

we were just be kneeling warframes with a space background picking points off a linear map. I don't know if star chart designs have ever had lore connected to them though :-P

I'm in no hurry. If they want to do it to make the space backdrop make sense, or as you suggest; make it more obvious that it's the link from warframe<operator<Ordis<ship; any time is good. There are a lot of more important technical details to work out, but I doubt design devs are needed for bug fixes unrelated to design, so this might be a useful addition to add to their plate.

14 minutes ago, -A.S-Steakhouse said:

I would love to see the old archwing movement system with the 360°. With the old one i never ran into walls and with the new one died like 4 times in rush missions (over 40 missions done)

The old archwing mode is still active on submersible levels, for what it's worth. It would be nice for it to be a toggled option I guess. Maybe call it "archwing auto-pilot"? Personally, I like the new flight system, but I desperately need control of my roll capability. As of now it just ticks us to the side occasionally for no observable reason. I've suggested making a movement double-tap as the default control for switching from strafe to roll.

42 minutes ago, derp215 said:

If they actually do that, it would be cool but it'd have to be the blast shields option because players pre-SD won't be able to access the star chart if put in the chamber.

Had not thought about that! I get so used to things just being there. Maybe make the room accessible, but empty apart from the star chart? I'm not dedicated to the idea myself, but somebody mention that going from a star chart that interacted very nicely with the liset to a star chart which completely ignores our lisets, and doesn't explain what's going on, takes away from the immersion quality.

17 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Same here , I had Every Key type and I'm missing lots of relic types ... I can't get the boar prime parts I was farming for now as none of my relics have them

Hi DE team,

Actually there is an issue in which you are scrached on the end of the mission, the game shows the mission's rewards in the ship, but you cannot get out of the window.
So i have to shut down de game to cancel that bug.

Otherwise please do something for cedits rewards in the "Sortie", that's awful (daily quest with three missions).

And Rare Core are not more added in Excavation mod after first 5Rare Core drop. Please work on it.

Would be nice if the next hotfix cleaned up the Inventory.

Relics should not be in the Miscellaneous section of the inventory, and CERTAINLY not in the Foundry's Components list because they are not used to build stuff. They just clog up the list for no reason.

Also maybe remove Nav Segments from our inventories or let us sell them.