Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So since my node is gone,

ObviousLee

Think there is a chance of maybe getting the node swapped in my profile to something that currently exists, and isn't a name a positively loathe?

I mean, guys, DE, buddies, broooooo's. Todd, for real? There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more awesome names that are currently in existence within the game.

For your consideration: Ani, of the void.

Ani in Korean, means: No.

DE, please, with all the love in my heart, I ask this of you: Let good ol' Lee be the founder of "no". 

Edit: Can you please do something about the flippin burger king scrolling name nonsense at the top of the concourse where it's least likely to be noticed and possibly spruce it up to something more than the Did-You-Order 500 Menu-Verification Super-Sonic 300RX Nerdulator?

Edited by ObviousLee
Went to top of relay and sadness happened.

Heh. It's a fairly valid question. I think what they'll probably end up doing for you guys is, once they are finished, swapping all of your nodes for the relay(s) where your memorial(s) end up, if they change anything at all. 

I hadn't looked at the void section of the map for like six hours into the update. When I did, I nearly needed a change of clothing. I absolutely love the naming conventions in that section of the starchart now. The only thing that's screwing with my head now is that they used Stribog as a node name and Axi as the name of the T4 relic and I always keep wanting to type and extra "i" (Axii - for obvious reasons XD). 

2 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Heh. It's a fairly valid question. I think what they'll probably end up doing for you guys is, once they are finished, swapping all of your nodes for the relay(s) where your memorial(s) end up, if they change anything at all. 

I hadn't looked at the void section of the map for like six hours into the update. When I did, I nearly needed a change of clothing. I absolutely love the naming conventions in that section of the starchart now. The only thing that's screwing with my head now is that they used Stribog as a node name and Axi as the name of the T4 relic and I always keep wanting to type and extra "i" (Axii - for obvious reasons XD). 

i just want founder of ani on my profile. as mentioned before, freaking Todd. *shudders*

i've heard talks of plaques in the relays, yet seen not a one yet.

3 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

i just want founder of ani on my profile. as mentioned before, freaking Todd. *shudders*

i've heard talks of plaques in the relays, yet seen not a one yet.

Yeah, the memorial(s) in the relay(s) were just mentioned in the update notes and are planned for the future. It's unclear if there is going to be one memorial on one specific relay or if there will be multiple ones in multiple relays. It's theoretically planned for the future that the destroyed relays will be (or can be) rebuilt, so it's uncertain what the actual plans are because they haven't spelled it out directly or attached any kind of timetable.

And yeah, I hadn't looked at your profile, but now I really see why you asked! :)

I can certainly think of quite a few I'd have preferred other than that one from the old list (Kokabiel, Ananke, and Sao just right off the top of my head). Unfortunately, I didn't find out about Warframe until around U11!

Just now, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Yeah, the memorial(s) in the relay(s) were just mentioned in the update notes and are planned for the future. It's unclear if there is going to be one memorial on one specific relay or if there will be multiple ones in multiple relays. It's theoretically planned for the future that the destroyed relays will be (or can be) rebuilt, so it's uncertain what the actual plans are because they haven't spelled it out directly or attached any kind of timetable.

And yeah, I hadn't looked at your profile, but now I really see why you asked! :)

I can certainly think of quite a few I'd have preferred other than that one from the old list (Kokabiel, Ananke, and Sao just right off the top of my head). Unfortunately, I didn't find out about Warframe until around U11!

I just checked the thingie in the relay.

The Lee, is not pleased. at all.

If you compare that scrolling nonsense to the rest of the founder items/appearances, it goes a lil something like this.

Skana Prime: Baller. Lato Prime: Baller. Excalibur Prime: Baller. Founder Sigils/Badges/Emblems: Baller.......Honored Grand Masters scrolling screen at the top of the damned relay where it's least likely to be noticed: Burger King digital menu 5000.

It seriously reminds me of a fast food joint order-confirmation screen.

I am not happy about this, at all.

6 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

I just checked the thingie in the relay.

The Lee, is not pleased. at all.

If you compare that scrolling nonsense to the rest of the founder items/appearances, it goes a lil something like this.

Skana Prime: Baller. Lato Prime: Baller. Excalibur Prime: Baller. Founder Sigils/Badges/Emblems: Baller.......Honored Grand Masters scrolling screen at the top of the damned relay where it's least likely to be noticed: Burger King digital menu 5000.

It seriously reminds me of a fast food joint order-confirmation screen.

I am not happy about this, at all.

Ouch :(

I hadn't been on a relay yet to see if it was in-game or not. I hope this is something they iterate on going forward. I'm not a founder and I'm upset too; you guys deserve better. 

6 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Ouch :(

I hadn't been on a relay yet to see if it was in-game or not. I hope this is something they iterate on going forward. I'm not a founder and I'm upset too; you guys deserve better. 

well, I wanna be clear that I don't feel like i deserve better, as all we really did was throw money at a maybe which, luckily, paid off in the end.

what has my feathers in a ruffle on the matter is that a: it looks cheaply done. b: gives no real indication as to what a founder actually is. and c: is so damned outta reach logically for anyone at a relay on "business".

Don't get me wrong, i'm not wanting statues and a pathway of orokin gold leading to the most ornate damned thing in the game, just something more fitting with the theme of the game.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

well, I wanna be clear that I don't feel like i deserve better, as all we really did was throw money at a maybe which, luckily, paid off in the end.

what has my feathers in a ruffle on the matter is that a: it looks cheaply done. b: gives no real indication as to what a founder actually is. and c: is so damned outta reach logically for anyone at a relay on "business".

Don't get me wrong, i'm not wanting statues and a pathway of orokin gold leading to the most ornate damned thing in the game, just something more fitting with the theme of the game.

I'm probably spoiled by being a multiple-time supporter for Path of Exile, but asking them to acknowledge people who were founders in a way that is meaningful and doesn't look like it was rushed isn't acting overly entitled or feeling like you deserve better - to me it feels like you are asking for what you deserve at all, since they willingly removed the system they already had in place since the founder's packs were sold. I agree - they don't have to make a highway paved in Orokin gold that leads to individual statues - but it should be meaningful. It was bad enough seeing the posts here nearly weekly about people not knowing what the names on the nodes meant before because that was never explained anywhere in-game.

2 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

I'm probably spoiled by being a multiple-time supporter for Path of Exile, but asking them to acknowledge people who were founders in a way that is meaningful and doesn't look like it was rushed isn't acting overly entitled or feeling like you deserve better - to me it feels like you are asking for what you deserve at all, since they willingly removed the system they already had in place since the founder's packs were sold. I agree - they don't have to make a highway paved in Orokin gold that leads to individual statues - but it should be meaningful. It was bad enough seeing the posts here nearly weekly about people not knowing what the names on the nodes meant before because that was never explained anywhere in-game.

up until the recent changes i'd always have to be the one in region west explaining what those names are, almost daily. now? anybody who joins most likely won't even know what a founder is until they hear about them from a friend or start asking about excal prime. 

I just hope they'll do something good for you guys.

Most of us in relays stay in the main room, so if something appears, it needs to be there. Not another room like the observatory that serves no real purpose and where nobody go like ever.

Anyway, until then, you're not the founder of no, but a founder of nothing :x

4 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

I thought the Korean word for no was, "Anyo".

Apparently I need to study harder.

Not that I remember a thing from my very limited study of it in a culture studies class (it's been 8 years now, holy crap), but that's probably a dialectic or colloquial difference. One is probably used in the formal register or only spoken and the other when written or in a less formal register or something similar. 

9 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

I thought the Korean word for no was, "Anyo".

Apparently I need to study harder.

3 minutes ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

Not that I remember a thing from my very limited study of it in a culture studies class (it's been 8 years now, holy crap), but that's probably a dialectic or colloquial difference. One is probably used in the formal register or only spoken and the other when written or in a less formal register or something similar. 

it's how the parent's be sayin it round the house.

adoptive folks are Korean.

source: bare minimum understanding of the most basic words of said language.