Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Condition Suggestion

There are many players whom, from the introduction of Sortie missions, have argued that the mode is made trivial by those who would use "cheese" frames to get through the missions. It's as if everyone has a specific loadout for whatever they're going to encounter and, in turn, undermine what a Sortie mission is supposed to be about: a challenge. What if a specific loadout was voided, sorta-speak, though? Do you think that will restore the challenge back to Sortie missions?

I would like to suggest to DE that a "RANDOMIZE" Condition be used in one of the Sortie mission types. It's quite simple, really: as you select the Sortie with this condition, you're about to start the mission with what you think is, example, "Mirage + Synoid Simulor + Brakk + Nikana Prime", but when you spawn in the game, you're "Nekros + Mutalist Quanta + Lato + Ether Daggers".

I, for one, haven't done Sorties in weeks because I haven't had fun doing them. Then you add those rewards and, well....that's a story for another day. Adding a feature like this will, however, have me doing them again, for sure, even if it's to help out random players.

What do you guys think? Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
C0gnitive 0n3

I mean, it could be horrible. Complete RNG garbage. But, you could indeed have some fun with it. I've got a couple of points though.

1: What equipment exists in the randomized pool? Every piece of equipment in the game? All your gear? All weapons you've maxed mastery with?

2: This will obviously not work very well due to mods. The best version would probably be that whatever primary you get gets the mods your current primary has equipped, although this could get bugged with weapon-specific mods. Should just be able to turn them off though. That way you can have a status-based weapon with crit-oriented build, which could be interesting as well.