Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just get rid of Void 2.0

FrostDragoon

Since the main goal was to encourage (force) players to run planetary missions instead of Void, and that works, why do we need these new Fissures too? Just get rid of all the nonsense and have the normal rewards that you get from a given key/relic drop in place of that key/relic.

Since default drop rates are as follows:

Intact (default) 76% 22% 2%

Have any mission that would award a Lith F1 relic instead just randomly roll from the loot table for that relic:

This preserves the Star Chart--which sucks now because it's hard to find groups to run things since everyone is so spread out without the Void having meaning.

This skips the boring repetition of Fissures--and they get old very fast.

This gives the actual Void area some meaning back without making it the only place to farm.

This preserves the targeted farming that makes the loot fun/interesting while allowing some freedom about where to target.

This would also actually incentivize clearing the new star chart, which so far is an extremely unwelcome change.

This also preserves the integrity of endless missions.

---

Edit

---

Addendum:

As for Void 2.0 specifically, I sincerely hope this is just a badly released alpha phase and not the direction they intend for it to go, and that's the actual reason for my OP--it was much less about sh**ing on this new system and more about proposing a more attractive alternative. Here are the current Tier 1 drop lists:

Reveal hidden contents

They can keep the relics as they are, get rid of fissures entirely, and simply apply the suggestion in my OP.

For example, let's say I go to Cervantes on Earth (Excavation), and I equip a Lith M1 key for the mission. The drop table for that specific run would change to that key's table:

You would still have the normal chance for credits and cores, but any time a key would have been awarded, it draws from this pool instead (and randomly rolls the reward). If multiple people bring keys, it increases the odds that a key reward will come up instead of credits/cores.

-Endless missions regain their meaning.

-Non-Endless missions can still be a fast, instant reward (like capture missions), but this reduces their efficiency per key, and that's fine.

-Void regains its meaning without being the default/best option.

-Non-Void has meaning because it's all T3/T4, so you have to go to star chart for T1/T2 missions.

There are a host of other benefits this system would entail with very few drawbacks, but the biggest one, by far, is this: It gets away from the extreme boredom/repetition of Fissures.

Just updating the OP to include a revised version of the suggestion.

Edited by FrostDragoon

7 minutes ago, Hayzemet said:

kek, are you speaking between personalities or what?

I think it's more like a self-bump without saying bump. Kinda frustrating when you post something and nobody comments lol 

On topic, I'm "fine" with the new system. My only complaint is about the fact it has become impossible to recruit someone in the recruit channel, and then it's impossible to attempt a specific relic run with -indeed- increased drop chance and a "choose between 4 rewards" thing, if you are not in an active clan. 

If I end playing in public squads just not to play alone, RNG is worst worst worst worst than before because I have too little chance to be with people who use the same relic. 

So basically I just stopped playing fissures until it changes.

Not just that, but most things in old void had at least 5% drop rate, but the rare stuff in fissures has a 2% base chance, so solo play is just awful now. Recruit used to be a place to find people to go hunt down specific parts, but now everything is so spread out and random that it's a crapshoot to get anything done. I play in a clan of 1, and that's just for the trading post. It's really sh** now that my progression is so largely tied to random strangers. I never minded having randoms as an extra thing in my runs, but having them as a required thing is terrible--especially when it's way harder to get them together in the first place.

Edited by FrostDragoon

Do you know why thee was a 5% chance? Because rotations did not have 6 drops. Do you remember T3 survival? 8 drops in rotation C, 2 of which were flagged COMMON (~37% chance), and all the rest being UNCOMMON (~3% each). Do you really find it reasonable to spend time acquiring a key, then spend 20 minutes for a 3% chance at something? Now you have more chances with a 4-man squad, in a 5-10 minutes mission.

You can only find the new system bad if you did not use your own keys in the past.

Edited by TheScytale

You can only find the new system bad if you did not use your own keys in the past.

This is total BS and you know it. Not sure if it's actually worth addressing the rest of the post if you're going to make false assumptions like this. Especially while ignoring how much easier it was to actually find groups before, and how boring the new system is.

i'm with you dude this is lame,the former void also felt more rewarding,you felt you are doing a difficult t4 mission for a reason...

now? the highest level enemies area,which is still the void,has now no meaning,

"Mot" starts with around level 40-45 enemies,yet there is now ABSOLUTELY no reason to do void anymore,so whats the point of anyone ever going there? its not even a good exp farm...

now what i found is that Hieracon is a replacement for the old Draco+Sechura+Triton together,it gives about half the exp of 4 rounds of draco,if you are at around 1000 cryotic,

around double the credit-per-minute of sechura,and around double the fusion core chance of triton (at least for my experience)

the problem is,that is now the ONLY level that has ANY reason to be played other than resources,

so what DE just did,wasn't spreading us accross the solar system,but to nail us into Hieracon...

i seriously have no where else i need to go,i get there exp,focus,fusion cores,credits, the only place i might go other than hieracon is those painful and boring fissure missions,i seriously fall asleep while playing them and even if i enhance my "relics"(i'd prefer to call them cabbages:7ZGOeP2.png

)AND even if i get a full team with my own relic,i still never get the thing i want!,idk if thats really just bad luck,but honestly,im just tired of this sh!t...

basically warframe now is just either going to Heiracon or Void fissures or raids from time to time... HURRAY! FUN! SO MUCH VARIETY! WOHOO

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity filter bypass

Ceres also had the highest level before SotR.
Were you used to do it because it was high level? or were you doing something else that gave you shiny rewards?

DE is making players try out all the content there is, but the problem is with your own view on the game, you do not want to play it nor experience the content, you want to get the rewards. 

PS: Of course, when I say Ceres, I mean the planet as a whole, exterminate, survival, and such. Not that one node we all know off.

Edited by TheScytale

21 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Ceres also had the highest level before SotR.
Were you used to do it because it was high level? or were you doing something else that gave you shiny rewards?

DE is making players try out all the content there is, but the problem is with your own view on the game, you do not want to play it nor experience the content, you want to get the rewards. 

PS: Of course, when I say Ceres, I mean the planet as a whole, exterminate, survival, and such. Not that one node we all know off.

well,i agree that we should have more variety and a better experience,but honestly,if you just play level 5 sabotage missions all day,and go

DpxBlAU.png "Ahhh,so much fun "

then i think you would be lying to yourself,

we play missions BECAUSE of their rewards,im not suggesting you should put all rewards in one mission,i suggest they would spread it!

make spy missions give better rewards! and stop with those fusion cores!

make sabotage mission's caches stop dropping freaking neurodes and fusion cores!!!!

make capture missions even more difficult and extremely rewarding!!,maybe have a crew around the enemy that  you try to capture that protects him? idk!

make survival missions give better rewards the longer you play!

make defense the same as the above!

and don't just limit it to 1 area,like they did with the previous void,where only void captures gave any kind of credits...

make it that every planet matters to the player base that is abled to play it! don't make useless nodes!

and then we will have the variety,and the reason,to spread,

it could have been:

"Hmm what should i do today? should i play some missions on neptune? on pluto? on sedna? on the void?

who cares! they are all great! does it matter what kind of mission? no! they all give great rewards considering the time and effort you put into them :) so i have as much variety as i want! here DE take my FKING MONEY"

but now its more like:

"should i play neptune?...nah... not worth my time...

should i play sedna?-no no no...

maybe void?...nah its useless now,,,

the best place to farm right now is hieracon(at least for me),oh well back to boredom...

wow so much fun and not repedittive at all..."

at least before you had 3 priority missions(Sechura,Triton,Draco) along with alot of high priority Void missions,that all gave great rewards!,

but now? basically nothing!!! and the ones that DO give rewards are BORING as sh!t!,draco was at least fun to play if you actually played the level and fought the enemies instead of just standing in one place! but now we don't even have that!!!

Edited by iceyShardZ

This has been by far the worst update they have made for the game. I much enjoyed the old play style of void and the old planetary system. Not to mention idk where all my freaking void keys went. On the bright side it is easier to get parts. I personally don't like the way we have to go to juntions to unlock planets. I'd rather just fight the main boss and be over with it tbh.

i wish DE Would actually read the things i typed here and take at least some of it into consideration...

im not hating on the game OR the staff just to be clear,i think this has the potential to be one of the best games ever created,but they gotta realize what are the problems with it if they want to improve!

they should play the game for themselves,alot,and then they would realize EASILY what is fun and what is not,what brings more people into the game and what is not...

seriously the mechanics of the game,the parkour,the weapons,the damage mechanics,its all Awesome!,but the way they made the missions is Very limiting for people who don't like to waste time,and want to actually get somewhere in the game! this game is in desperate need of variety of missions! Let us riot! lets protest for Mission reward equality!!!

ALL MISSION TYPES ARE EQUAL! STOP THE DISCRIMINATION! BWAAAH!

with all seriousness though,i thrust that if DE will see this,and understand my point here,i'm 100% sure they will do something about it in the future,they are to be appreciated for how much work they put into the game and constantly update it in creative ways!,that's a badge deserving quality of theirs,some game developers don't even bother updating their game once every two monthes,so you can't really say anything about DE on that regard,but i AM afraid that they might not fix it if it WONT be bringed to their attention,again,i know for a fact that if DE want to,they can do it,they can pretty much fix any issue in my opinion,but only as long as they spot that issue

Edited by iceyShardZ

55 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

basically warframe now is just either going to Heiracon or Void fissures or raids from time to time... HURRAY! FUN! SO MUCH VARIETY! WOHOO

And before it was going to draco for a bunch of round and the same freaking void for until your needed part drops. In the end, now the missions cycle, giving you different mission to go for the same prime part. And also, you can get Radiant Relic in 4 runs of Fissure with solo hydroid. And this is entirely possible unless the Axi fissure falls on Sedna-> void tree. Other than that, it is not painful, but also less repetitive unless you grind... Also, you can find kavat incubator segment simply by running a few exterminates in derelict.

9 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

And before it was going to draco for a bunch of round and the same freaking void for until your needed part drops. In the end, now the missions cycle, giving you different mission to go for the same prime part. And also, you can get Radiant Relic in 4 runs of Fissure with solo hydroid. And this is entirely possible unless the Axi fissure falls on Sedna-> void tree. Other than that, it is not painful, but also less repetitive unless you grind... Also, you can find kavat incubator segment simply by running a few exterminates in derelict.

And the former system was also flawed in that regard! but notice what i said:

49 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

at least before you had 3 priority missions(Sechura,Triton,Draco) along with alot of high priority Void missions,that all gave great rewards!,

but now? basically nothing!!! and the ones that DO give rewards are BORING as sh!t!,draco was at least fun to play if you actually played the level and fought the enemies instead of just standing in one place! but now we don't even have that!!!

Hieracon is not fun,infested in general are not that fun to me personally,even if hieracon is fun for some people,its not fair that there is only 1 mission that give this much great rewards...

also

" giving you different mission to go for the same prime part"

yeah,often long,boring and unchallenging,even in axi fissures.

"less repetitive unless you grind"

well i wasted all my 10 Axi N1 relics 4 of which were radial, 3 of which were used in a full party of Axi N1s,and i didn't get anything but braton blueprints and forma blueprints,

the problem is that it was boring,i would much rather fail in 10 more fun T3 Survival C Rotations,then playing these uninteresting and long fissure missions...

also what about the void being useless now,any comment on that? the most powerful enemies now have no reason to be challenged... does that even make sense? 

cE8vkXz.png

8 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

Hieracon is not fun,infested in general are not that fun to me personally,even if hieracon is fun for some people,its not fair that there is only 1 mission that give this much great rewards...

I mean do you HAVE to go for the best choice for Exp farming? I mean, you also obtain exp for doing what you like to in warframe and you shouldn't do that for rewards. If the fissure falls on low-level mission, get the weapons you would like to get ranks for and blast through ( but the mentality of bringing Mirage + Sonicor will never go away -.- ) ! Going on Hieracon is NOT NECESSARY, any kind of gameplay rewards you with experience. Moreso, you now can mod even an unranked weapon, It's like DE saying "get away from Draco nodes".

Void is not useless. Void is now as useful as all of the starchart and you better unlock it all so extractor can leech the void for argons.

12 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

well i wasted all my 10 Axi N1 relics 4 of which were radial, 3 of which were used in a full party of Axi N1s,and i didn't get anything but braton blueprints and forma blueprints,

That's called RNG... 2 % or 10 to 16% ... It's still not guaranteed that you get the desired prime part. Basically your chance of getting the rare prime was 61%. And you fell into 39%

5 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

I mean do you HAVE to go for the best choice for Exp farming? I mean, you also obtain exp for doing what you like to in warframe and you shouldn't do that for rewards. If the fissure falls on low-level mission, get the weapons you would like to get ranks for and blast through ( but the mentality of bringing Mirage + Sonicor will never go away -.- ) ! Going on Hieracon is NOT NECESSARY, any kind of gameplay rewards you with experience. Moreso, you now can mod even an unranked weapon, It's like DE saying "get away from Draco nodes".

Void is not useless. Void is now as useful as all of the starchart and you better unlock it all so extractor can leech the void for argons.

This is where you're wrong. They deleted old Draco, so everyone is going to look for the next "Draco." That was said thousands of times before this change, and it's still true after this change. It just highlights it. They nerfed the SH** out of credits across the board, so people are going to go where they can get the most because they aren't getting any meaningful amount anywhere else. This game is reward driven. The gameplay mechanics are top-notch, but the reward system sucks--especially now. You can argue "you don't have to... blah, blah, blah," but anyone who follows that nonsense will never rank up their mastery, frames, weapons, pets, etc in any reasonable time--they won't even acquire new ones in a reasonable time. It's a trash argument.

1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

This is where you're wrong. They deleted old Draco, so everyone is going to look for the next "Draco." That was said thousands of times before this change, and it's still true after this change. It just highlights it. They nerfed the SH** out of credits across the board, so people are going to go where they can get the most because they aren't getting any meaningful amount anywhere else. This game is reward driven. The gameplay mechanics are top-notch, but the reward system sucks--especially now. You can argue "you don't have to... blah, blah, blah," but anyone who follows that nonsense will never rank up their mastery, frames, weapons, pets, etc in any reasonable time--they won't even acquire new ones in a reasonable time. It's a trash argument.

Reasonable time?  Define it!

Also, I have never relied on nodes like draco, and I'm at like MR17. I obtain my things slowly but hey! It's not really a problem since I still progress. never rank up mastery... And what Is the point of having 22nd mastery rank right away? Why not slowly climb to that but have fun and experience with the weapon  you might like or hate?

4 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

well you do you,but there is a part of the community such as myself and many that i know,that find the most enjoyment when they are achieving something,i want to rank up my mastery rank,and this process without hieracon is EXTREMELY slow and boring to me,it is more fun for me to level it fast rather than slow,but even that should be fun,and hieracon is not,every other node is basically a waste of time and is inefficient,in warframe you have to set goals for yourself,

should i get cores today? should i get exp today? should i get credits today?

if every mission would have given good exp,then yes! gladly i would play a lot of mission,but since they all give practically Nothing,i'd be better off playing hieracon rather then wasting A LOT of my time for no reason,despite the pain of playing hieracon for me.

all im asking is that there will be more exp in more nodes,preferably,boost the exp of ALL nodes :) that would make it worth it to actually have fun,because having fun and advancing at the same time is what we all want right? so just having fun without advancing is only half the fun,and it just feels stupid and repetitive to me since im getting nothing new,on the other hand,advancing is all about getting new stuff and new ranks! feels more like a change and more like an achievement! therefore,for people like me,more fun,but if hieracon was actually fun for me and not painful,only then i would have been actually satisfied,and draco,was fun for me :).

Just now, iceyShardZ said:

well you do you,but there is a part of the community such as myself and many that i know,that find the most enjoyment when they are achieving something,i want to rank up my mastery rank,and this process without hieracon is EXTREMELY slow and boring to me,it is more fun for me to level it fast rather than slow,but even that should be fun,and hieracon is not,every other node is basically a waste of time and is inefficient,in warframe you have to set goals for yourself,

At least this opinion isn't biased unlike previous guy's

Guys really?

I find new system really boring. I didn't mind to play same title set over and over again because each time I found something slightly different.

I think DE should look in reward system.

Couldn't DE improve already existing system rather than reworking the whole system?

There are topics how It COULD get improved If DE didn't necessarily destroy the Void.

8 minutes ago, Coverop said:

Guys really?

I find new system really boring. I didn't mind to play same title set over and over again because each time I found something slightly different.

I think DE should look in reward system.

Couldn't DE improve already existing system rather than reworking the whole system?

There are topics how It COULD get improved If DE didn't necessarily destroy the Void.

Void is still around. Void is just as useful as the rest of the starchart.

You can play other tilesets, grind them for fissures and things.

And are you saying you can find something new in a @#&*( of a tileset climbed in and through?

I happen to really like the changes.

They aren't boring to me, they haven't increased grind and I feel the fissures are better immersion.  I think the only thing I'd change is having fissures actually lead to the Void as well as having the Corrupted jumping out at us.

5 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I happen to really like the changes.

They aren't boring to me, they haven't increased grind and I feel the fissures are better immersion.  I think the only thing I'd change is having fissures actually lead to the Void as well as having the Corrupted jumping out at us.

good suggestion i guess,but i would also suggest boosting the exp and credit rewards for ALL missions,that is if you really do want variety