Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just get rid of Void 2.0

FrostDragoon

20 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

Void is still around. Void is just as useful as the rest of the starchart.

You can play other tilesets, grind them for fissures and things.

And are you saying you can find something new in a @#&*( of a tileset climbed in and through?

Void is a magical place.

Even tho I've counted like +500 hours in Void. I still find new rooms that weren't before...

1 minute ago, Coverop said:

Void is a magical place.

Even tho I've counted like +500 hours in Void. I still find new rooms that weren't before...

Ah... then you haven't been around sicne U8... it's not easy to not get bored of void if you play it like anything else... Not just rush it...

Or have you? >.>

Edited by pavlo555

9 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

good suggestion i guess,but i would also suggest boosting the exp and credit rewards for ALL missions,that is if you really do want variety

How much exp do you want? If the answer is 0->30 in a single round, sorry - this is not how it works.

Just now, pavlo555 said:

Ah... then you haven't been around sicne U8... it's not easy to not get bored of void if you play it like anything else... Not just rush it...

I'm since U7.

But back to topic... one of the interesting topics that I've encountered was to create T5 tower and increase difficulty in it.

The reward poll would be decreased because of the Key cost, that means no more bottom-tier trash , no formas , no orokin cells.

Just now, iceyShardZ said:

its not a burn,and that argument was not trash,its just that the opinion i represented is VERY common,and DE and us should respect both opinions,and reach a conclusion that benefits both opinions,and implement that in the game,i suggest boosting the exp of all nodes,while nerfing hieracon :)

I did not really adress that to you. Just getting a very hostile backlash.

3 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Not just that, but most things in old void had at least 5% drop rate, but the rare stuff in fissures has a 2% base chance, so solo play is just awful now. Recruit used to be a place to find people to go hunt down specific parts, but now everything is so spread out and random that it's a crapshoot to get anything done. I play in a clan of 1, and that's just for the trading post. It's really sh** now that my progression is so largely tied to random strangers. I never minded having randoms as an extra thing in my runs, but having them as a required thing is terrible--especially when it's way harder to get them together in the first place.

Do you have actual proof of the new drop rates because it sounds like your just saying that?

Just now, Coverop said:

I'm since U7.

But back to topic... one of the interesting topics that I've encountered was to create T5 tower and increase difficulty in it.

The reward poll would be decreased because of the Key cost, that means no more bottom-tier trash , no formas , no orokin cells.

So ... another old void?

1 minute ago, Kaokasalis said:

Do you have actual proof of the new drop rates because it sounds like your just saying that?

wiki claims so.

And apparently the feature on forums concatenating quick replies doews not work anymore >.>

Edited by pavlo555

13 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

good suggestion i guess,but i would also suggest boosting the exp and credit rewards for ALL missions,that is if you really do want variety

I do want variety but I fail to see how boosting those two things will acomplish that.

I don't agree with all the statements made, but I do agree that essentially nothing has changed. The goal was get get people out of the Void and it only did that in the most literal sense of getting us out of the Void Tileset. But we're still trapped in the Void because Void Fissures are still locking people into specific nodes instead of encouraging people to go out and just play what ever mission they want.

The only really major thing I've noticed that encourages people to go somewhere is the Derelict, which I've noticed seems to have better drop rates on Relics than the normal Solar Map missions.

The new system is boring, repetitive and unrewarding. Kills the idea of effort vs reward and removes the one thing people did when they were bored. Now all we can do is play defense or survival for no rewards. They split challenge and rewards and that's a mistake.

But whatever. People love to defend DE's actions every single time even if they're mistakes. They are happy with just doing those damn void rifts repeatedly over and over again without any sort of mission or challenge behind it. Once they're done farming they'll realize there's nothing else to do anymore. We'll see how that goes then.

1 minute ago, Heatnix. said:

The new system is boring, repetitive and unrewarding. Kills the idea of effort vs reward and removes the one thing people did when they were bored. Now all we can do is play defense or survival for no rewards. They split challenge and rewards and that's a mistake.

But whatever. People love to defend DE's actions every single time even if they're mistakes. They are happy with just doing those damn void rifts repeatedly over and over again without any sort of mission or challenge behind it. Once they're done farming they'll realize there's nothing else to do anymore. We'll see how that goes then.

Was there a challenge in usual void mission? Aside form t4 which only forces people to cheese with these nullifiers and Bombards?

I mean, this void is meh. But if you can combind these 2 if would be great. For example if you just want to farm ducats and play a 1 hour run on a t4 survival. And if you just need a rare item you can do a void rift or whatever it's called 

12 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

How much exp do you want? If the answer is 0->30 in a single round, sorry - this is not how it works.

definitely not,im not expecting to max a full set from a capture mission,but for fck sake,give like a 40% boost to enemy exp! that way,the more you kill the more exp,meaning the more you worked hard for,the more exp,that in my opinion,just makes too much sense to have,i think also,finding a cache,or completing a moon spy for example,should give around 7k affinity for each base,it only makes sense because it takes more skill than just to gun down enemies endlessly,don't you think something that is more challenging should reward better?,im not saying make all nodes draco,im saying make all nodes have decent exp,based on the effort you put on the level,and make it that there is NO node that is better than the other of the same level,by too much,like for example now,you can choose either to do "Mot" (T4 survival) or hieracon (mindless bullsht) but get from hieracon prizes that 10 times better,more worthwhile,and for less effort,and less fun experience! this DEFINITELY needs to change!

5 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

i agree with a large portion of what you said,but i still appreciate DE :P

in my opinion,if all missions were around equal in exp and rewards,in terms of effort vs reward,we would all have a lot of variety and a much better experience,for the two of the opinions presented here,im sure of it!,im pretty sure we would ALL benefit from that if DE would do just that,in the right way, don't you think? that is the Obviously best solution in my opinion

icon-gut-150x150.png

if there is any way to get this thread to DE's attention i'd like to know,if any of you know please tell me how,because in my opinion this is a very serious issue,and was one of the core problems of warframes even before the recent patch,again if there is any way to get their attention please anybody let me know :P

Just now, iceyShardZ said:

in my opinion,if all missions were around equal in exp and rewards,in terms of effort vs reward,we would all have a lot of variety and a much better experience,for the two of the opinions presented here,im sure of it!,im pretty sure we would ALL benefit from that if DE would do just that,in the right way, don't you think? that is the Obviously best solution in my opinion

icon-gut-150x150.png

It would have taken effort to balance exterminate and survival missions in terms of EXP. I mean, you can stealth run exterminate in just as much time as grind a bunch of enemies in survival. But it's just not how it works when it comes to all these playstyles. And not only that. Stealth is kind of harder to do...

I kind of wonder how would mission grant same exp, if on survival you have to get through 5 minutes torturing enemies, while Exterminate (which you, as I expect, rush through without a back thought), consists only of indefinite, but usually small amount of time killing a bunch of mindless mobs... Capture already rewards 2k or even 10k exp for doing the objective. ANd you can rush it in like a minute?

I mean, we took a lot of steps towards it, but some jsut refuse to see the variety. I mean, just buffing 40% exp on "all nodes" , which is, in turn buffing enemy exp, Sruvivals and defences will jump back onto the throne of exp... While if we buff objective-based missions, we will have the whole map draco.

1 minute ago, pavlo555 said:

It would have taken effort to balance exterminate and survival missions in terms of EXP. I mean, you can stealth run exterminate in just as much time as grind a bunch of enemies in survival. But it's just not how it works when it comes to all these playstyles. And not only that. Stealth is kind of harder to do...

I kind of wonder how would mission grant same exp, if on survival you have to get through 5 minutes torturing enemies, while Exterminate (which you, as I expect, rush through without a back thought), consists only of indefinite, but usually small amount of time killing a bunch of mindless mobs... Capture already rewards 2k or even 10k exp for doing the objective. ANd you can rush it in like a minute?

I mean, we took a lot of steps towards it, but some jsut refuse to see the variety. I mean, just buffing 40% exp on "all nodes" , which is, in turn buffing enemy exp, Sruvivals and defences will jump back onto the throne of exp... While if we buff objective-based missions, we will have the whole map draco.

it should be! it only makes sense to get rewarded for grinding! survival and defense and interception should give a lot of exp in all planets!!! it makes perfect sense! you kill more you get more!

3 hours ago, iceyShardZ said:

i'm with you dude this is lame,the former void also felt more rewarding,you felt you are doing a difficult t4 mission for a reason...

now? the highest level enemies area,which is still the void,has now no meaning,

"Mot" starts with around level 40-45 enemies,yet there is now ABSOLUTELY no reason to do void anymore,so whats the point of anyone ever going there? its not even a good exp farm...

now what i found is that Hieracon is a replacement for the old Draco+Sechura+Triton together,it gives about half the exp of 4 rounds of draco,if you are at around 1000 cryotic,

around double the credit-per-minute of sechura,and around double the fusion core chance of triton (at least for my experience)

the problem is,that is now the ONLY level that has ANY reason to be played other than resources,

so what DE just did,wasn't spreading us accross the solar system,but to nail us into Hieracon...

i seriously have no where else i need to go,i get there exp,focus,fusion cores,credits, the only place i might go other than hieracon is those painful and boring fissure missions,i seriously fall asleep while playing them and even if i enhance my "relics"(i'd prefer to call them cabbages:7ZGOeP2.png

)AND even if i get a full team with my own relic,i still never get the thing i want!,idk if thats really just bad luck,but honestly,im just tired of this sh!t...

basically warframe now is just either going to Heiracon or Void fissures or raids from time to time... HURRAY! FUN! SO MUCH VARIETY! WOHOO

This!! So much this!!!

This mirror exactly what I have been saying from 0 day drop of this update.  It's a $&*&*#(%& extra grind that nerfed so many good things about warframe.(XP (not that big of a deal) credits (are you f*cking sh*ting me? F*ck whoever thought this was a good idea.) void (People are always going to b*tch about not getting the part they want no need to ruin the game to try and please a handful of people)  

I really hope they didn't turn my suggestion of the extra resource into this crap, because that is just plain sad.  

The painful part of the old void was getting keys to run to grind for what I wanted.  It was grindy enough without this f*cktard of a system.  The only thing that could have made it better was something like the traces now but instead of increasing the percentage(questionable at best) I could create the key I wanted to run.

DE had a golden opportunity to hand out a good update, but what we got was a buggy, rushed, no thought(regardless of people saying they dump their souls into this game).

On 7/12/2016 at 2:10 PM, FrostDragoon said:

This gives the actual Void area some meaning back without making it the only place to farm.

They aren't just going to get rid of something they've spent months and months working on, you realize that right?  No amount of player dissatisfaction, which is not even all that high, is going to convince them to toss out what they are working on.

Not to mention we have no idea what they have in store for the actual void, we only have 2/3rds of an update, and I'm sure they have other stuff already planned out.

Its just silly to make a thread with such a title, even if it is obvious clickbait, oh and try your amazing suggestions here instead.

5 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

it should be! it only makes sense to get rewarded for grinding! survival and defense and interception should give a lot of exp in all planets!!! it makes perfect sense! you kill more you get more!

It's not that enemy levels do differ by a small shot on all planets. It's just that how they scale. You literally ask for what DE works on right now.

I think DE can still work on the current system. Experimenting with it a little may give birth to something both balanced in terms of farm-ability and enjoyable. That said, I won't be completely up in arms if they revert to the old system.

3 hours ago, TheScytale said:

Do you know why thee was a 5% chance? Because rotations did not have 6 drops. Do you remember T3 survival? 8 drops in rotation C, 2 of which were flagged COMMON (~37% chance), and all the rest being UNCOMMON (~3% each). Do you really find it reasonable to spend time acquiring a key, then spend 20 minutes for a 3% chance at something? Now you have more chances with a 4-man squad, in a 5-10 minutes mission.

You can only find the new system bad if you did not use your own keys in the past.

I usually only ran keyshares for one simple reason it made the game move faster.  And even with that its a keySHARE implying that i used my own key.

SAB 3 cache 1 boss

DEF 4 each bring something to the table (but really only two are required)

SUR solo (no need for others)

CAP solo(no need for others)

EXT solo(no need for others)

I don't like carrying people and do survivals by myself without needing help, and I don't particularly like being forced to share my loot with someone nowhere near as well equipped as me. (I end up having to do most of the killing with this fissure "upgrade" instead of working as a team)  Unless I decide to carry them through the mission.