The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The SotR archwing system, it's WORSE THAN EVER

Tuxie

Had some trouble at first, but got used to it. i also had to turn the sensitivty down alot as well. not bad over all, just some minor things i would like to see have done. i would like to see the gun follow the reticul instead of it being stuck in superman mode.

For me it's not too bad, all I want is a smaller archwing (it's fine zoomed out and flying at full speed) and ideally improvements to the map.  Didn't realise until earlier this evening just how bad the minimap is since the update, mine doesn't seem to show the enemy at all. 

The new archwing system is $&*&*#(%&. If you're going to incorporate roll, THEN GIVE THE PLAYER ROLL CONTROL. This is not an advanced concept, is basic gameplay 101.

Now, if you want archwing, to instead mean driftwing, then give us trim controls, because right now, once I start drifting, which is to say, the first turn I make, everything after is corrective drift until I hit a wall, because the sensitivity is so S#&$ty it's ridiculous.

As for the minimap, there was a game, back in the 90's called Descent. It had a minimap IN 3D! That was twenty years ago, WTF is the excuse now? If you have a true 3d game, have a true 3d minimap, I'm pretty sure if they made it over 20 years ago, they can make it today, it doesn't have to be graphically advance, but for god's sake, make it 3d, jesus it's $&*&*#(%& at this point not to, especially since I suffer from a minimap that 50% of the time, points in the wrong direction, or continually tells me that people are bleeding out, even if they're right in front of me, very distracting, and not very useful.

Summary: new archwing system = utterly terrible controls, terrible minimap, and new features nobody asked for, like roll and drift.

What the hell is going on with DE? If they want to incorporate more slop, at least stop trying to have technical courses for archwing, and instead give us drift courses, to match the new mechanics. And if you're going to slop up the controls that badly, give us something to correct course and orientation with, right now, this is garbage.