Dissatisfied with the update

Can agree a little on the credit mini nerf now making it thougher for the less million credits fortunates to build, maintain, and improve some stuff.

Its not that is unmanageable but i think the worst is maybe atm the weapon blueprints that we pay sometimes to keep our mastery rolling foward were you have to pay for it basicaly 2 times in credits and with some that can go up to 50k.

Besides that... the game is still a little "chaotic" atm with some of the new changes to warframe but with more time and some more hotfixes i belive DE will polish every bit they see to be fit a little improvement or even a mini nerf if the case

Edited by xxfiurionxx

Agree with all.

Next problem : i make 5 runs with rnd's in t1, the target is a spec. prime-item. now the other rnd's take a nother key (sry relict), and i never see my target item. Spores and Relicts away, welcome to the key-delete-update. Brain-afk-runs ... boring.

So if de wanna puch the rnd-rush-items, its a wrong way.

Edited by Kubos

This was the first week I've been unable to buy Void Trader gear, because I cannot earn enough credits to do so. Simply crafting needed resources is leaving me broke.

If anyone at DE had the notion that people would suddenly start buying Credits for cash because of this nerf, I'm fairly certain they are wrong. I'll quit playing the game before that ever happens.

4 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

This was the first week I've been unable to buy Void Trader gear, because I cannot earn enough credits to do so. Simply crafting needed resources is leaving me broke.

If anyone at DE had the notion that people would suddenly start buying Credits for cash because of this nerf, I'm fairly certain they are wrong. I'll quit playing the game before that ever happens.

Sad truth.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, Varacal said:

djkhaledanotherone_grande.gif

not because you didnt like it, doesnt mean everyone else didnt like it either, or maybe you think those who do like it are just DE fanboys who'd like anything they churn out?

but you shore sound like one you had nothing beater to point out

On 13.07.2016 at 6:32 AM, notlamprey said:

All that text and I can't stop thinking about your account name.

I like the void fissures. We can use keys more quickly than before, and many missions have been tweaked so that we can also acquire relics more quickly than we could previously do with keys. The end result is that we are able to bounce more quickly between "use" and "gather" modes of play, and I think that's a good thing.

I'm also seeing better return for my time spent hunting prime parts, and that's without using any refined relics yet. Our time appears to be better respected by this new way of doing things.

Credit income might need a bump, because it does seem like some of our usual sources have been cut out without suitable replacement or adjustment to the costs of things like building items and trading.

The map looks great, actually. There might still be some bugs hanging around blocking progress, not counting player task completion, and so on. Hotfixes are coming in rapid sequence and bugs are being fixed. Here's the thing about that map you hate... it actually has a section devoted to the Void tileset! With high level enemies that offer some juicy challenge! Hey, there are endless mission in the void! You can play endless missions against challenging enemies! That's exactly what you wanted!

The Nullifier "consistency" buff was not a good idea, I don't think. The argument could be made that it doesn't really make much difference because we're no longer dealing with mass nullifier spawns that  would threaten our ability to complete long prime farming sessions in the void. Even post-buff, nullifiers don't seem to offer much resistance to well-equipped players. As for the newer folks, I don't doubt that those guys might be a real friggin pain now. I'd prefer that nullifiers got on a bus and were never heard from again. That's a topic for another thread, though.

Kavat acquisition needed to be easier right from the start. No question about that for me.

I don't know where you're getting your "grass roots poll says the game's not fun" bit from. I'm looking at a clan full of people having fun - more fun with every bug that gets patched and rough spot that gets buffed out.

First of all , stfu already with that "Umm but if you want challenge theres still a void tile set" bullS#&$. As a experienced player I want a CHALLENGE and a REWARD for that CHALLENGE ,  you understand ? I dont want to do @(*()$ lvl 2 mission to earn prime stuff. 

Second of all fissures are not a good idea. They are even more repetive and boring. DE even said "F*** it we don"t even have a idea behind it we are just gonna throw bunch of enemies at them". 4 player reward system is good idea.        

And lastly the Star map is F stupid. It supposed to be more new player friendly its F not. Old map was perfect , you just kill a boss and get other planet and now its S#&$.

In conclusion worst update ever.

1 hour ago, Lem1no said:

First of all , stfu already with that "Umm but if you want challenge theres still a void tile set" bullS#&$. As a experienced player I want a CHALLENGE and a REWARD for that CHALLENGE ,  you understand ? I dont want to do @(*()$ lvl 2 mission to earn prime stuff. 

Second of all fissures are not a good idea. They are even more repetive and boring. DE even said "F*** it we don"t even have a idea behind it we are just gonna throw bunch of enemies at them". 4 player reward system is good idea.        

And lastly the Star map is F stupid. It supposed to be more new player friendly its F not. Old map was perfect , you just kill a boss and get other planet and now its S#&$.

In conclusion worst update ever.

Sorry you feel that way.

Lots of people like the new fissures and the new starmap. It still needs some refinements, but it's basic foundation is a nice blend of old and new. If I wanted to trade barbs about star chart 2.0, I would say it was a bowling ball return simulator that felt completely lifeless. New players had to go and hunt for info on progression with the old chart as well.

You say fissures are repetitive, I say it makes the grind more granular and more fairly rewards our time invested. People who only want to run fissures "casually" can get entry-level rewards without needing to make 20, 40 or 60-minute commitments. People who want to sink a lot of time and though into maximizing their loot payouts can now do so.

The "challenge and reward" that you're asking for... go play Sorties and Trials. That's pretty much where you have to go if you want the "toughest challenge and best rewards." I know it isn't what you're asking for, but it's all you're going to get for the moment.

If you can't be happy about the fact that this new system is increasing the fun factor for a wide section of the player base, then I can only hope you eventually change your mind.

Edited by notlamprey
words.
14 hours ago, notlamprey said:

Sorry you feel that way.

Lots of people like the new fissures and the new starmap. It still needs some refinements, but it's basic foundation is a nice blend of old and new. If I wanted to trade barbs about star chart 2.0, I would say it was a bowling ball return simulator that felt completely lifeless. New players had to go and hunt for info on progression with the old chart as well.

You say fissures are repetitive, I say it makes the grind more granular and more fairly rewards our time invested. People who only want to run fissures "casually" can get entry-level rewards without needing to make 20, 40 or 60-minute commitments. People who want to sink a lot of time and though into maximizing their loot payouts can now do so.

The "challenge and reward" that you're asking for... go play Sorties and Trials. That's pretty much where you have to go if you want the "toughest challenge and best rewards." I know it isn't what you're asking for, but it's all you're going to get for the moment.

If you can't be happy about the fact that this new system is increasing the fun factor for a wide section of the player base, then I can only hope you eventually change your mind.

Thats why Sorties are only thing I do latlely in this game. I'm not  not happy for that the new players now can earn primes easier . But just think about it , in some point of  their game they'll become experienced player , and if DE will not change that system they'll feel the same :)

17 hours ago, notlamprey said:

Yeah? I'd like them to take a vote. Not one that's hidden and up for a few hours and only family & friends know about it. But one that's up for a week or two.

My best friend, who played more than I did, just quit the game over U18. So, thanks for that. GG, Greed.

Edited by DEATHLOK

"Clearly, by the way everyones gobbling up the Fissure system, people enjoy the empty bumrush to gather their primes without much thought for anything else, but it has killed the games longevity and in time, it will stifle the community insofar as interaction beyond the frantic fissure rush."

I really hope you all get what you want. All the prime stuff and thousands of plat.
Maybe only then, when all your desires have been satisfied, when your goal to play warframe, is no longer driven by greed -
- you will realize whats left of the game.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox
On 7/16/2016 at 2:53 PM, notlamprey said:

Sorry you feel that way.

Have you actually played the game since the update?  I'm only asking because you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off with regards to casually running fissures.

Here's some food for thought:

People can casually log on and play fissures now because there are an enormous abundance of relics(keys) left over.  Key sharing is now gone.  So you want _____ piece?  Let's pretend you are new.  You now have to go farm the exact relic that you need with an endless mission, and then find a fissure that corresponds to it.  After that, you are at the mercy of RNG just like before.  Also, you cannot effectively farm fusion cores and primes at the same time anymore.  Also, old void missions dropped void keys, so effectively you could run void missions, acquire keys, cores, credits and prime parts (and good exp to boot).  Have fun farming stuff separately.  Let me know how that goes when you need x key and y fissure to line up.

With the old system, you could hop in recruiting, find a group running the same thing and piggy back on the key for more rewards per run than you get with the current system.  How do you not see that this is a bigger more random grind than before?  And don't even bring up that you can choose your loot.  You can choose your RNG table that the loot drops from, but certain items are still as rare as ever.  Actually, they are even RARER now because YOU have to bring the relic, and cant share with your teammates.  Just to get a medium rarity item I had to burn 20 relics running rescue missions, which quite frankly are boring to me.  Lets not mention the awesome formas I get every time I bring a radiant relic to a fissure.  Several times I had groups give up trying to find the fissure and just complete the mission.  So ask yourself - would you rather spend 20 minutes doing something or 20 minutes running around an empty tileset looking for a fissue with 3 other people?

26 minutes ago, Clowee said:

Have you actually played the game since the update?  I'm only asking because you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off with regards to casually running fissures.

People can casually log on and play fissures now because there are an enormous abundance of relics(keys) left over.  Key sharing is now gone.  So you want _____ piece?  Let's pretend you are new.  You now have to go farm the exact relic that you need with an endless mission, and then find a fissure that corresponds to it.  After that, you are at the mercy of RNG just like before.  Also, you cannot effectively farm fusion cores and primes at the same time anymore.  Also, old void missions dropped void keys, so effectively you could run void missions, acquire keys, cores, credits and prime parts (and good exp to boot).  Have fun farming stuff separately.  Let me know how that goes when you need x key and y fissure to line up.

With the old system, you could hop in recruiting, find a group running the same thing and piggy back on the key for more rewards per run than you get with the current system.  How do you not see that this is a bigger more random grind than before?  And don't even bring up that you can choose your loot.  You can choose your RNG table that the loot drops from, but certain items are still as rare as ever.  Actually, they are even RARER now because YOU have to bring the relic, and cant share with your teammates.  Just to get a medium rarity item I had to burn 20 relics running rescue missions, which quite frankly are boring to me.  Lets not mention the awesome formas I get every time I bring a radiant relic to a fissure.  Several times I had groups give up trying to find the fissure and just complete the mission.  So ask yourself - would you rather spend 20 minutes doing something or 20 minutes running around an empty tileset looking for a fissue with 3 other people?

All of this. It's like the people claiming the new system is so much better just do not think about all of the up front draw backs.

2 hours ago, Clowee said:

Whoa there; don't forget the anthropic principle.

You aren't telling me anything that didn't already occur to me. If you're really interested in productive discussion, don't assume that the other guy is a dummy.

Moving on from that bit of unpleasantness, let's break down what you wrote, because it probably does contain some bits that other folks might want to dig into.

The issue of relic scarcity: relics are easier to obtain than they have ever been, and new players aren't facing any greater degree of difficulty than they did before. If anything, it's easier now because tweaks to enemy scaling have increased the viability of many weapons and builds in higher level content. In addition, enemies like the Arid and Drekar grineer have been brought in line with the standard enemy stat scaling. This means, again, that there are more sources of relics for new players; content that was once prohibitively difficult for "gear-poor" players is no longer off-limits.

Reduced efficiency of farming: It's true that some of the old "farming synergies" have been broken. I don't think it's cause for panic just yet. We still haven't seen whether DE will make any changes in other systems as a response to what you've mentioned. I'm already watching closely, and I'll be happy to call for changes if it seems like they are warranted.

Having to specifically target our play towards a particular goal is not, in itself, the end of the world. Being able to "farm everything in the void" meant that people only played in the void. No wonder everyone was bored and irritable; there was nothing to encourage variety in play. We've now been pushed to do different things on different days, because we can't run the exact same missions every day without running short of multiple resources. I think this is an attempt to combat boredom and burnout; it might be ill-conceived and ineffective. I say it's worth trying. If it clearly doesn't work, I'll be happy to advocate for a different path.

We haven't lost any of the old "targeted" avenues for acquiring relics, credits, cores or prime parts. The only thing that has changed is that we are now being pushed to mix up our day-to-day activities. As long as we are fairly rewarded (and that IS very important) for each of these targeted activities, I think this is a net positive for the game.

p.s. The rarity of certain prime parts is actually encouraging to me, because it means that there will still be a demand for some parts. Those of us who really want to earn platinum through trading will be able to do so. "Difficult but possible" for casual play, without killing the reward for those who wish to heavily commit. That is how the old way of prime acquisition felt, and I think it bodes well for this new system.

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

The issue of relic scarcity: relics are easier to obtain than they have ever been, and new players aren't facing any greater degree of difficulty than they did before. If anything, it's easier now because tweaks to enemy scaling have increased the viability of many weapons and builds in higher level content.

That goes for the "junk" relics. For a specific rare prime it is more grind, as the grind-layer of Traces was added.
(Which means again: doing the SAME thing over- and over- and over again - wasting relics in the process.)

Having to specifically target our play towards a particular goal is not, in itself, the end of the world. Being able to "farm everything in the void" meant that people only played in the void. No wonder everyone was bored and irritable; there was nothing to encourage variety in play.

People only played in void. - correct - except for some resource and core- excavations.
How exactly did that change with the fissures? Both systems exclude the rest of the Star Chart. Wasted opportunity.

We've now been pushed to do different things on different days, because we can't run the exact same missions every day without running short of multiple resources. I think this is an attempt to combat boredom and burnout; it might be ill-conceived and ineffective. I say it's worth trying.

Id say its a lazy solution. Instead of variety they - as you said - push us to do different things. Limiting players choice is always a bad idea.
This is a game - i dont want to do 20 different missions on a daily basis just to cover my resources.
We already have a billion different currencies - splitting their acquisation method and force us to do missions we dont want to do is not enjoyable.
It didnt work with archwing and it sure wont work with mandatory currencies.

DE split everything while maintaining the monotonous Prime part acquisation grind. It would be funny if it wouldnt be sad.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox

Whoa there; don't forget the anthropic principle.

You aren't telling me anything that didn't already occur to me. If you're really interested in productive discussion, don't assume that the other guy is a dummy.

Moving on from that bit of unpleasantness, let's break down what you wrote, because it probably does contain some bits that other folks might want to dig into.

The issue of relic scarcity: relics are easier to obtain than they have ever been, and new players aren't facing any greater degree of difficulty than they did before. If anything, it's easier now because tweaks to enemy scaling have increased the viability of many weapons and builds in higher level content. In addition, enemies like the Arid and Drekar grineer have been brought in line with the standard enemy stat scaling. This means, again, that there are more sources of relics for new players; content that was once prohibitively difficult for "gear-poor" players is no longer off-limits.

Reduced efficiency of farming: It's true that some of the old "farming synergies" have been broken. I don't think it's cause for panic just yet. We still haven't seen whether DE will make any changes in other systems as a response to what you've mentioned. I'm already watching closely, and I'll be happy to call for changes if it seems like they are warranted.

Having to specifically target our play towards a particular goal is not, in itself, the end of the world. Being able to "farm everything in the void" meant that people only played in the void. No wonder everyone was bored and irritable; there was nothing to encourage variety in play. We've now been pushed to do different things on different days, because we can't run the exact same missions every day without running short of multiple resources. I think this is an attempt to combat boredom and burnout; it might be ill-conceived and ineffective. I say it's worth trying. If it clearly doesn't work, I'll be happy to advocate for a different path.

We haven't lost any of the old "targeted" avenues for acquiring relics, credits, cores or prime parts. The only thing that has changed is that we are now being pushed to mix up our day-to-day activities. As long as we are fairly rewarded (and that IS very important) for each of these targeted activities, I think this is a net positive for the game.

p.s. The rarity of certain prime parts is actually encouraging to me, because it means that there will still be a demand for some parts. Those of us who really want to earn platinum through trading will be able to do so. "Difficult but possible" for casual play, without killing the reward for those who wish to heavily commit. That is how the old way of prime acquisition felt, and I think it bodes well for this new system.

Not quite.

Relic Scarcity: 

You can now farm for junk relics at lower levels.  this is well and good but you could farm for junk relics while doing old void missions anyway and kill two manatees with one tug boat.  20 wave void missions NEVER required good gear anyway at any tier.  This is moot.  If you want junk relics, then more power to you.  This is wrong.  100% wrong.  Relics and keys are more rare than they used to be simply because you cannot farm them at the same time you are farming primes.  As I said, wait till you run out of relics, and then you'll see what everybody is talking about.

Reduced Effeciency of farming:

It is what it is.  It's less efficient, more grind, more monotonous.  It's bad.  Period.  It's even WORSE if you don't have 100's of keys stockpiled because now there's extra steps involved to get what you want.  It's not just a matter of it being efficient.  As I previously said, lets pretend you are new and you want a prime item:

Step 1)  Farm 3-4 unique relics that contain your drops.  You could just pray to RNG that somebody else brought it, but we'll exclude that for now because YOU HAVE TO BRING A RELIC/KEY TO GET AN ITEM.

Step 2)  Find a corresponding fissure for each relic.  Run said fissure.  Pray to RNG that your item drops.

Step 3)  If all of your parts drop on the 1st try, immediately sign off warframe and go play the real life lottery.  If they do not drop, repeat steps 1-2 over and over and over and over and over and over again until this happens.  Remember, you are NEW and don't have a stock pile of keys to fall back on.  This means that for every relic, you need to run an endless type mission and hope RNG helps you there too.

Step4)  Now you need to farm cores and all of the supporting items to make your new prime drop good.  So you want to put in a prime mod?  Get ready to run countless endless missions just for the fusion cores.

Look, I really don't mean to be toooo offensive, but how can you NOT see how horrible this system is compared to what we had where:

Step 1)  Hope in recruiting (HELLO COMMUNITY - something else the patch hurt that's going largely unnoticed, you know TALKING an INTERACTING with other players beyond 10 minute meaningless fissures) and find somebody hosting the key you have.

Step 2)  do the mission, get the loot.  Repeat step 1 if it doesnt happen.  Pick up fusion cores and such along the way.

People only played in the void:

yeah and there's a good reason it.  The star map sucks.  It's always sucked.  The rewards sucked, the missions sucked, the tile set sucked.  People STILL don't play the star map beyond fissures.  Nothing has changed here except now instead of having several void missions to choose from, we have 1 fissure mission we can run over and over again.

As far as prime parts being rare goes, they are still going to be rare.  In some cases they will probably be much more rare than before.  This is bad, because the stuff you want may get alot more expensive.  The goal of this update was to make these parts more accessible and less grindy.  The result of this update is that it has completely backfired.  If you want casual play, this update is not for you.

Personally, I'm glad I never used my own keys when finding void groups and have been able to stock pile hundreds of them.  It was probably one of the smarter things that one could have done leading up to this update.  New players are going to be hosed though.  It's really as bad as everybody says it is.  Hopefully they fix it.

41 minutes ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

That goes for the "junk" relics. For a specific rare prime it is more grind, as the grind-layer of Traces was added.
(Which means again: doing the SAME thing over- and over- and over again - wasting relics in the process.)

We can now passively increase our odds of getting "rare" loot without even trying to get it. You can run "junk" to get the very most out of your "valuable" keys, which can give you better odds than were ever available to you in the old system. At worst, it might be a zero-sum change. If there is a problem inherent in the system, it's too early to conclusively identify what that might be.

As I've said before, I'll be happy to call for change if I think it's necessary. For now, I'm content to observe the system in action.

44 minutes ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

People only played in void. - correct - except for some resource and core- excavations.
How exactly did that change with the fissures? Both systems excluded the rest of the Star Chart. Wasted opportunity.

That's probably just a little bit unfair, since fissures now spawn in a variety of tilesets on many "planets." We can now run fissures and gather assorted rare resources, which wasn't possible before. I wouldn't say that fissures "exclude the rest of the star chart." Better integration is possible, but we certainly aren't sitting at "zero."

46 minutes ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

Id say its a lazy solution. Instead of variety they - as you said - push us to do different things. Limiting players choice is always a bad idea.

This is a game - i dont want to do 20 different missions on a daily basis just to cover my resources.
We already have a billion different currencies - splitting their acquisation method and force us to do missions we dont want to do is not enjoyable.
It didnt work with archwing and it sure wont work with mandatory currencies.

DE split everything while maintaining the monotonous Prime part acquisation grind. It would be funny if it wouldnt be sad.

You don't have to do "20 different missions on a daily basis;" you could split them up in any proportion you desire. Perhaps one mission type for 20 days, if you're feeling extreme.

I think that we're ultimately discussing stylistic preferences now, and it isn't really wrong to say that limiting player choice is a bad idea. Consider, though, that you probably should limit a players choice to flagrantly break the rules of a system. I'm not saying any of that was happening here, but without some restriction of choice, you wouldn't have a game at all. Just playing at semantics, I guess.

You say the grind is monotonous, but that glosses over the fact that it is now more granular. We can now choose to "grind" in smaller chunks than was previously possible: more choice. I enjoy this system more than I did the old one, and I'm content to watch it for a while before I pronounce it unfit to live.

9 hours ago, notlamprey said:

.. it's too early to conclusively identify what that might be..

..For now, I'm content to observe the system in action..

..and I'm content to watch it for a while before I pronounce it unfit to live.

"SotR - Its not that bad because it might be better some day."

Its not that hard to imagine where things will go, if no major changes occur.
Some here already realize what will happen when you run out of rare relics.
Some here already realize what will happen when a new prime is introduced and you run hours and hours of excavation to get that once specific relic.
Some here already realize what will happen when you have gathered all your primes and theres no real place to use and test them.

Yes, DE will adjust and change mechanics and systems, like they always have. The constant hard work on Warframe is what kept most people playing in the first place.They show a dedication to their product most developers are missing, and i highly respect DE for this.
Example: Void traces might become obtainable in the Void, derelict, or in other ways rather than ...doing even more fissures.
That will be a good adjustment.

However, the Fissure system is so flawed and lazy executed at its core, I deeply doubt it will become enjoyable in the near future.
That beeing said, I really hope War within will bring back a challenging and rewarding content - for veterans and new players alike.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox