PSA: The New Strange Quest

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno!

What’s the deal with The New Strange? 

Well, I'm here to tell you! There will be slight spoilers for the quest ahead, so tread lightly. 

The rundown:
With the new Star Chart, certain aspects of this quest have changed. Whereas before you were given Chroma parts to craft by Cephalon Simaris, these Warframe Blueprints have been replaced by Beacon Blueprints. You need to craft these Beacons instead to complete the quest.

Chroma Neuroptics, Systems, and Chassis are now available via Junction Rewards instead of through the quest

What if I already have built some of Chroma/I am part-way through the quest?
If a player had partly completed the quest and had Chroma Parts built before the Update, those stages will be skipped during your progression through the Quest.

Currently, if you only have the blueprints you received from the pre-Update quest, they will not count for players to skip that stage in the quest. Because The New Strange now requires you to craft a Beacon, crafting these blueprints will not allow you to progress through the mission. A hotfix will be released today to ensure that both Chroma Parts and Chroma Blueprints will allow players to progress past these stages.

We're sorry for the confusion! The patience you all have displayed has been incredible and we are all so thankful to have such an amazing community.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have in the comments below.

Thanks,
[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, ImperatorJonah said:

Appreciate the info :)
As i completed the majority of the quest pre U19 will i have to redo any of it to get the components or will i just have to find his systems?

You will have to find the Beacon that has replaced his systems in the drop table. 

But for people who had already crafted Chroma, this just leaves them with a bunch of extra parts and no BP to use them with. F2P players can still only have one Chroma.

Perhaps something like this could help?

1. Completing the New Strange also unlocks Chroma's BP from Simaris, purchasable with standing.
  2. Junctions no longer award Chroma part BPs directly. Rather, they award a Simaris medallion that can be turned-in to unlock the respective BP for purchase, and awards enough standing to cover its cost once.
Edited by CrogenitorSeims

Why was this changed at all, just out of curiosity? When you crafted the components, it made sense, because quest progression was tied directly to your acquisition of Chroma.

Crafting beacons to continue, then getting the Chroma parts after the fact seems a little backwards to me...

you need to complete new strange to open saturn junction from jupiter, and the saturn to uranus junction has the chroma neuroptics blueprint.

so.. uh. a new player not having that unlocked thanks to the map change can't open the junction to get the blueprint to craft part of the frame they need to craft to finish the quest to get to the blueprint???

this follows since neptune has the junction from uranus has the chroma chassis blueprint as its reward #3.

now granted i'm not there yet having finally  managed to get past the scan 3 lancer bit with the third attempt to hotfix it, so i'm going to take a wild guess and say this change means chroma being crafted is no longer required for completion of the new strange at all? is that correct or is the issue noted above a sort of fiddly little oversight?

3 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

you need to complete new strange to open saturn junction from jupiter, and the saturn to uranus junction has the chroma neuroptics blueprint.

so.. uh. a new player not having that unlocked thanks to the map change can't open the junction to get the blueprint to craft part of the frame they need to craft to finish the quest to get to the blueprint???

this follows since neptune has the junction from uranus has the chroma chassis blueprint as its reward #3.

now granted i'm not there yet having finally  managed to get past the scan 3 lancer bit with the third attempt to hotfix it, so i'm going to take a wild guess and say this change means chroma being crafted is no longer required for completion of the new strange at all? is that correct or is the issue noted above a sort of fiddly little oversight?

The quest now requires you to craft Beacons, not Chroma parts, in order to progress. The blueprints for the Beacons are found through the Quest now, in place of the Chroma blueprints.

Chroma, as you see in the Star Chart, is now acquired through Junction rewards. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
edited for clarity

While I'm not a huge fan of having Chroma BPs randomly as Junction rewards (or any Quest-related things being in Junctions), could this be the beginning of a shift away from tying Warframes to Quests with awful wait times? Does the future hold changes for The Limbo Theorem and Hidden Messages?

I just log in with the new update, and i cant travel anywhere, the star map doesnt show any names on the planets, i tried the alerts and other tabs and they dont let me start anything.

I have "the new strange" quest from before, specifically the part were i need to build one of the chroma parts to continue the quest, but it was not active