Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community, a letter to you Today, for you I cried.

Evanescent

And here I get 3 limbos in a row...from the same user. I was asking for help to do the quest. And 3! Could have spared himself some plat and just given me the new dark sword...or boltace he know I have been grinding for(plat for space to get both the kronen and boltace to make it).

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

3 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

@Evanescent I'm honestly happy for you. It's really great to know, not only that there are still people out here that help others, but are so honestly touched to get that generosity back in return. You deserve it. *sends virtual hugs*

Well you have to give it first to receive it. ;>

People act like jerks and expect others to treat them nicely~ = 3=

@Evanescent For you! Mah supportive foruming friend!

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

So why is everybody going apeS#&$ about this thread? He got free items that are normally farmable in half an hour. Coolios

Try reading the OP.  They play mostly solo and have had terribad RNG, so your "farmable in half an hour" is really hours of farming, only to get next to nothing.

7 hours ago, Evanescent said:

-snip-

And this is always what brings me back to this game no matter what. No matter how many times DE slips up or makes a mistake, this community always bounds back and finds the positives. There are always people here willing to help. People that won't let you give up. Even with disagreements in the direction of the game, we always manage to stick together, because we all truly want the game to succeed and we want to see each other enjoy the game. Even when we lose our heads in all the confusion, we always come back to situations like these. I've never been part of a better community. To be honest, just coming on here, seeing these sorts of things, and being able to converse and debate with you guys has brought me out of some of the foulest moods I've been in, and I'd like to thank y'all for that. I know I'm not the only one who has had some hard times over the last few years, and it brings me joy to know that we can still get on here and share.

I guess it's the same situation for me, that OP mentioned. I doubt really anybody really recognizes my name, but I can tell you folks I remember a lot of you that always give me a good lashing back when I make some ungodly text wall, and I appreciate it. I still may personally make stupid comments and say things that some of you may disagree with, but I hope we can all come back together at the end of the day and just enjoy this community. 

P.S. Here's my formal apology: I'm sorry for being a jack wagon occasionally. There.

I'd been hosting mission runs specifically for new players for what may have been a few weeks, before I had to leave my fam/friend apartment because of mold. Had to sell my PS4 because it was too much to carry, and I was going to a shelter anyway =P No way to play it there, and the job hunt handn't worked out yet (who knew that all you had to do to finally get hired for a first job is leave home, leave your fam/friend home, then be homeless [for a day, does that still count? I was prepared for more] , then move into your aunts house to get hired! Magical. I intend to return to the enjoyable combat filled worlds of Skyrim and Warframe asap =P) but I remember giving discounts and free rare key runs to new players who had low MR and had not succum to the game-breaking scrubbery like Soma/Nova. 

Good community -is- nice. It's tedeous to give away things to genuine new players, though. Because of all of the disgusting liars

Edited by (PS4)ShiroPhyla

Good to see that after all this time, my brethren somehow continue to have human hearts despite the Internet's burning hunger to consume them. Applause to you Evanescence for sharting something that many other folks elsewhere might stone with pure ridicule. Reminds me of the time my friend got bored and have me a Rakta Ballistica for a fusion core. No tears, but plenty of shock. Man, I gotta reconnect with ol Cyndocrit, Bobc, Hydroid and the gang some time.

To address the TL;DR posts:

If you were to boil the text down, then certainly it would amount to the following: player been playing for 3 years, had bad RNG, whined, got gifted, drinks instant coffee.

But as often with boiling, you force away the essence and leave only the husk. There is more to it, than that.

@Rhekemi

Indeed, but truly, I did not know how to thank the community other than this and personally messaging each player D:. Hence the post! And thank you for your words.

Reading each and every post, my heart grows warm indeed.

Kavat pics will be incoming!

the OP being extremely romanti- *cough* poetically on point o.0 Dayum.

I feel you, I am in the middle east as you're reading this and been here for a year for a job assignment but still... I find the RNG way too merciful compared to some MMOs I played years ago. Don't overwork yourself, Tenno!