The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution For Gaining Platinum Without De Giving It Away For Nothing.

Automatia

EDIT: 

-Sigh-

The starter plat has me, honestly. Remove it and you force people into the market to get plat short of buying it, keep it and you get people trading and recycling alts for the free plat.

Non Trading flagged plat?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVE online has an interesting Mechanic that revolves around game time, as playing EVE requires you to subscribe in order to play. However, CCP has recognized that some players have more of the in-game currency (ISK) then they know what to do, so CCP introduced an in-game item called a Pilots License Extension, which is created when a time code is redeemed for an account, time codes can only be purchased. PLEX's can be sold on the EVE game market, which means that new players with money can buy and sell PLEX for ISK, and veterans with large amounts of isk can buy game time without having to pay their account.

How does this relate to DE and Warframe?

Allow people to sell materials for Credits or Platinum on an open market that allows people to set their own prices.

This allows for those with a lot of money to simply buy Materials for Dojo's and items, and those with large amounts of materials to exchange them for platinum to buy whatever they want, it also allows for indirect transfers of credits to platinum.

Its win/win. All plat still comes from DE. 

Discuss?

EDIT: Clarifications below.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Eve_Market.png

Here is an example (old image) of the eve market, note the Sellers at the top and the buyers at the bottom, my concept for the Materials/Platinum would have a similar set up, with catagories defined by the material and plat.

Those that wish to sell a material would create a sell order, e.g. 17'000 selling for x amount of plat, these orders would be anonymous with no form of identification beyond the price of the item being sold, which is irrelevant.

This, as far as I can see negates spammers, as you cannot easily specify which sell or buy order is yours.

Buyers can set orders asking for a material at a given rate for plat, e.g. 1264 ferrite for one plat, If you have one plat you can fulfill that order and get your ferrite which would be automatically transferred.

Hopefully this helps people understand.

Edited by Severant

Nope. Any exploit with credits will ruin the whole market. Forever. And at current point, DE pays not enough attention for hackers and exploit to run such market. And DE also need money to keep this game running and patching.

P.S. Same system with free market between donate currency and usual gold was in GW2. And when game was released donate currency were very cheap. People who wasted a lot of time on the start of the game, got huge advantage in terms of donate currency.

FIELDRON MUTAGEN DETONITE CHEAP BUY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!

~Global chat of future

Accounts are free, and you get 50 plat and a few thousand credits just for making one. Someone with patience could get all the plat they wanted creating accounts, trading the 50 plat for 1 polymer bundle and boom, broken economy.

~Global chat of future

Isn't it already this bad with all the clan recruiting?

And this would also create tons of jobs in China. Think about it

I guess you mean RMT, Plat is one way, you can't convert platinum back into $. RMT still exists in EVE online, but its very deep underground (figuratively) its like drug trade, you'll never get rid of it as long as items can be passed between accounts.

Or you know getting a job and earning those 20 bucks is not that hard

Not everyone has access to employment, and personally I make a lot of money, so I'm not doing this to get plat.

Win/Win? more like lose/lose. I don't want spammers and DE to waste resources on dealing with account hacking.

Spammers are a big issue of course, which is why Volunteer Game moderators would be needed, and everyone would love a personal mute icon. of course its not a solution, and spamming still occurs in eve online. (Jita local chat system)

Nope. Any exploit with credits will ruin the whole market. Forever. And at current point, DE pays not enough attention for hackers and exploit to run such market. And DE also need money to keep this game running and patching.

P.S. Same system with free market between donate currency and usual gold was in GW2. And when game was released donate currency were very cheap. People who wasted a lot of time on the start of the game, got huge advantage in terms of donate currency.

I can agree that this would be a big issue, but not insurmountable.

Edited by Severant

No. THat is lose lose.

There is a market for Demand - Goods.

Giving more goods to the people lowers the demands, and therefore lowers the prices.

The good in this case is Platinum.

If everyone can sell platinum then there will be no need to buy it from DE. The founders who are sitting on 900 some plat can just give it away for some mats, and we all lose.

Besides, the spam chat.

"WTB MORPHICS 5 PLAT FOR 10 PM ME"

"WTT DREAD BP FOR 50 PLAT."
"Here at thisemailisfake@thisthreadisstupid.com we sell platinum way cheaper then DE, head on over and check it out!"

Accounts are free, and you get 50 plat and a few thousand credits just for making one. Someone with patience could get all the plat they wanted creating accounts, trading the 50 plat for 1 polymer bundle and boom, broken economy.

I didn't consider this, its been a while since i started playing, and I have no solution to this that comes to mind short of removing the bonus plat, and i'm not sure that trading that bonus plat for a market would be worth it. 

~Global chat of future

Ya know what, this gave me cold sweat. Please no.

No. THat is lose lose.

There is a market for Demand - Goods.

Giving more goods to the people lowers the demands, and therefore lowers the prices.

The good in this case is Platinum.

If everyone can sell platinum then there will be no need to buy it from DE. The founders who are sitting on 900 some plat can just give it away for some mats, and we all lose.

Besides, the spam chat.

"WTB MORPHICS 5 PLAT FOR 10 PM ME"

"WTT DREAD BP FOR 50 PLAT."

"Here at thisemailisfake@thisthreadisstupid.com we sell platinum way cheaper then DE, head on over and check it out!"

I probably should have clarified, I made some bad assumptions that people would realise that items would be sold on a market, and that you would need to post buy and sell orders, which could be anonymous.

In regards to selling plat for materials and DE not being able to sell it, plat is a finite resource, it can only come from DE, once DE sells you some plat  then they have already made their money from you, if it sits in your account -forever- it doesn't matter. DE has your money. Plat will circulate for a while before inevitably being used in the market we have now.

~Global chat of future

My personal solution for that is Buy and sell orders being anonymous, therefore buyers can't identify any particular buy order as being from a certain spammer in chat who is selling cheap, even so.. if he does so, he will be bought out anyway and the market will adjust.

Seriously guys, Economy 101.

the thing about this game is that it heavily relies upon grinding, and finding your own way, working hard for all of your gear, making you respect them more. It is almost entirely based around hard work for prosperity, and any sort of trading diminishes that value. Is it frustrating? Yes. But that's why this game has survived 250 hrs of play time from me, while other games only get an average of 40.

basically, an economy ruins the underlying basis of gameplay for warframe.

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

WTB

WTS

No thanks.

Please see OP, and other replies regarding that, hopefully that might clarify this issue.

Lol @ everyone thinking they know more than the OP. This guy has it all thought out, don't you people know a clever guy when you see one? This would work brilliantly. Less moaning and more +1, if you please.

Assuming not sarcasm, thank you. 

I don't think I have it all thought out, and i'm glad people are trying to tear this apart, it must be attacked and its weaknesses must be shown, as I can't always find themselves out myself. I would be concerned if everyone loved this.

Edited by Severant

Not sarcasm. Aside from the whole 50 plat on account creation thing I can't really find anything wrong with this, and besides, I think we can live without the signup platinum - it's only 50, after all.

Remember I'm just adapting this from EVE online, CCP hold more credit for the concept of game time and in game currency uses.

Again, thank you none the less.

the thing about this game is that it heavily relies upon grinding, and finding your own way, working hard for all of your gear, making you respect them more. It is almost entirely based around hard work for prosperity, and any sort of trading diminishes that value. Is it frustrating? Yes. But that's why this game has survived 250 hrs of play time from me, while other games only get an average of 40.

basically, an economy ruins the underlying basis of gameplay for warframe.

I understand you desire to play the game with its grind, and I sympathize. However, the market would be optional and you would have the pleasure of saying that you put the time and effort into creating your weapons and frames without buying into the market to do so. In any event, I'm not sure how this would effect you, if you grind already then you aren't buying and spending plat on the market currently. currently plat is for short-cutting things and buying slots. Would it be worth farming a large amount of resources to buy a frame slot to you?

~snip~

~snip~

Thats not quite what he means, there would only be the same amount of plat in the game as there is now, just that i can be "traded" between accounts, any and all plat would still have to come from DE to begin with so no company could buy for £5 and sell for £4 at their site without it first passing through other hands

I.E. company buys for £5 sells for £4

or I buy for £5 - trade for mats - it is then sold for £4

either way DE still make the same ammount of cash

that being said i still think its a S#&$ty idea, im a ninja not a trader

Not sarcasm. Aside from the whole 50 plat on account creation thing I can't really find anything wrong with this, and besides, I think we can live without the signup platinum - it's only 50, after all.

About 50 free plat.

Just make it so you can sell platinum only if you have >50. Thats it.

Thats not quite what he means, there would only be the same amount of plat in the game as there is now, just that i can be "traded" between accounts, any and all plat would still have to come from DE to begin with so no company could buy for £5 and sell for £4 at their site without it first passing through other hands

I.E. company buys for £5 sells for £4

or I buy for £5 - trade for mats - it is then sold for £4

either way DE still make the same ammount of cash

that being said i still think its a S#&$ty idea, im a ninja not a trader

Actually, DE doesn't. See, yes,they still only put out the same amount of plat, BUT, because these newcomers who are not patient want plat, they now have the choice of not getting it from DE, but from other players. Yes, that plat was already sold and is just rotting in somebody's account, but DE has lost the potential to sell NEW plat, because people can just buy plat off of other players.