Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is "Specters of the Rail" update that bad?

QueQool

Hey guys!

After spending time trying new things in this new update I've got to say 'Yes, it is bad.' isn't it?

Saw few game veterans discussing in clan chat about it and I want to share it with you.

Spoiler

[removed for profanity :( ]

What's your thoughts about it? How do you think and why?

It's good, but not the best for the end-game combat, it gives much more content for the lackluster content.

It's not a horrible update, or a bad one, the only reason why it's bad is because of the bugs and....

The update was rushed due to marketing reasons.

I haven't faced so many bugs, I've been completing missions just fine.

Also the end-game for super op weapons were removed, Making endless missions less rewarding.

Honestly, I prefer getting into high level content instantly, against taking 60 minutes to get there.

Players are just obsessed with the void and wanting to grind for the C rotation.

There is no need for super OP weapons now to grind. There is more people grinding for prime parts.

There isn't a super low rarity, and a "Stand-alone" seller to sell the parts.

However, the relic system is a bit weak, the missions aren't hard, it's too easy for veterans, and it doesn't contribute much to having a OP gamestyle.

Because META was just killed in it's effectiveness towards this new prime part system update.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

Nah, it ain't bad... it's just broken in several ways, but hopefully things'll get fixed sooner rather than later.

Regarding the Solar Map rework specifically, allow me to point you to how I (and not just me) think it should've been done:

It's not about meta or whatever, before we had 7 mission types to get prime parts and now we only have 1: rift closing.

Diversity didn't gain anything from it, it's not the same tile but it is still the same enemies.

I'd say it was a step in a good direction for players who hated long void runs, and gives better direction to newbies, but with all the bugs I've encountered, it's like walking in the right direction only to shoot yourself in the kneecaps.

It's only a bad update in the sense that there are too many game crippling bugs.

I'm liking a lot of the changes, but it's admittedly pretty buggy (the devs have acknowledged this, and I sympathize because tight timelines are tight timelines). These should stabilize as the hotfixes continue rolling out.

There are a few hiccups here and there: the Void being made almost completely irrelevant, the low drop rate of Kavat DNA, the tiny field of view in Archwing. Hopefully, these will be addressed after the bugs are more or less flushed out.

I agree with everything here. Without being rewarded for doing endless missions I feel less compelled to play the game in general. Not only that, but I can't even physically handle archwing anymore without wanting to throw up so an entire section of the game isn't even available to me. Once they fix the nauseating archwing and throw it some sort of reward actually worth going for in endless missions I'll probably pick up the game again. 

There are a lot of problems, some serious and some not so serious. I'm confident that most of the bugs and crashes will be ironed out in short order.

It's the key conversion bug that really burns me up, though.

We were told by Steve to save our keys, and save I did. Now, only because I updated early, I can't do any of the farming for unvaulted items that I specifically prepared for. A full twenty percent of the Warframe player base in in this boat, and it's totally not cool.

Archwing is the worst with this update, revert it back. I can't see because WarFrame is in the way. I have no control over pitch and yaw which made me want to barf. The controls sucked for new archwing. 

The new system for grinding for prime parts. I fee like it, all it did was shift grinding for prime parts to now grinding for artifacts. i can't get that stupid Meso B1 artifact for Darka Handle..... this is starting to annoy me. 

this update isn't the best, but surely is not as bad as the community says, the community is afraid of changes so it just won't acept this update, it's like the old people wich looks at the young people and keep complaining about them.

This update sadly was also full of bugs, wich is another reason that  started an awful reaction in the community, but bit by bit everything will get fixed, so i see no point in saying this update was bad, for me it was great, new mechanics, new starchart, new companions, more balancing...

the only part of it that we could say that was bad was the enemies buff, but not of all of them... the scorchs wich now can pretty much kill everything trought the map...

The unfinished release made it bad by default.

Now, the update needs to be tidied up since a fair amount of bugs are squashed.

-Archwing needs rolling/camera adjustment.

-Fissures are way too repetitive. (Still no good luck from this - I skipped on getting a Vasto BP which I needed because I had no idea I needed it)

Gotta agree with a lot of what he said. I've encountered so many bugs it's seriously putting me off playing atm. I'm not gonna miss C rotations buuuut the new fissure thing always plays out the same. Playing solos not as rewarding as it used to be as getting prime parts is soooo much more rewarding with four part options vs one.

Yep overreacting.  I've had very few issues so far, and they were minor. I got stuck under the ramp in my landing craft, the sortie season rewards aren't tallied in the sortie screen, and my UI froze twice and i had to relog (i was not in mission).  The update itself is pretty fun, mostly I am having fun breeding cats, the tenno sais are fun to use, and doing void fissure missions is quite enjoyable, I dont wish for the old void key system at all.  Just play it for yourself and dont let the negativity of others ruin your enjoyment of the game. If you encounter bugs, unless they are game-breaking, just roll with it. 

The update isn't that bad on paper, it's just that there were a lot more issues with it's release and early implementation than was expected. The growing pains are being felt the hardest by the community, PC players especially since we're the ones finding and living with all the bugs.

This just means that it'll have that many fewer issues when it comes out for XBone and PS4.

A lot of veteran players are disappointed at the lack of endgame content with it, but this particular section of U19 was intended for new players. I understand their impatience and irritation, but we already knew ahead of time that the new late game content was going to be the new quest and warframe which will be here soon enough... Like everything else in this world, you'll have to make up your own mind about it.

This update is like eating a half-baked cake. It looks okay on the surface, some of the frosting is tasty, but it will possibly give you food poisoning (issues with more then average bugs, and unfinished concepts.).

The fact that it reworked 3 major systems at once

• Star Chart (quests, options missions types like nightmare, etc)
  • Void "Relics"
  • Archwing

and was rushed on top of that, just didn't help things. So now we get to play through DE having to live developing around us, fixing things that should really have been mostly under control before release.

I don't think it is as bad as a ton of people are saying. It's a change from what we are use to. from a vets perspective (3+ years with the game), DE listens to the community and tries to compromise with us, So I'm sure in a few weeks, we'll be back to somewhat normal.

That being said, The void system and vets that don't have end game anymore is what I see coming up a lot in the forums. Once you play it, the only thing I find really bad is the fissure missions are tediously boring (Which is what they were trying to fix). The problem is the old system (in my opinon) was a lot more fun. Now I'm enjoying farming relics (endless runs) more than prime parts. They made the enemies harder quicker, so you don't have to wait an hour before the challenge shows up.

I personally was really frustrated when this update first came out, it wasn't anything like I expected. but I think given time, it'll be a workable and enjoyable system. I just hope they find a way to make the fissures more entertaining, or make trace available in some of the endless missions so we don't have to run so many to get a maximized chance at a prime part. Right now, those missions feel way to much the same to make it enjoyable to run for a few hours. 

Edited by Mutt2679