Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal as an enemy unit in the field

(PSN)Romulus93

I was just doing Fossa as part of my needed junction completion quest and something Lotus said caught my attention. She said that the Jackal unit had, "become extremely problematic in the field", and this is why we were on our way to assassinate it. Now, we've never faced Jackal outside of Fossa before. 

Sure we have Zanuka, but that's relatively rare. I had the idea that we could add the Jackal to the list of our encountered corpus enemies as well. Perhaps, something akin to the infested behemoth, which would spawn after a lot of corpus have been slaughtered. We'd have another means of encountering and farming Jackal besides Fossa.

Also, doing the assassination mission to defeat the Jackal, when completed, would temporarily remove the Jackal from encountering it in missions for a while.

I think it'd be cool and add more mission interplay. This is something I just came up with mid mission and I think we could apply this to other bosses as well.

Jackal, Hyenas, Raptor, and Ambulas should in my opinion all randomly spawn in corpus missions (the same way prosecutors work), with the lore excuse being a message from Lotus: "You failed to destroy these proxies, Tenno. The Corpus' mass production led to the presence of these robots across all the Origin system."

It will also open up space for more interesting humanoid Corpus bosses. They could even be the members of the Board of Directors, with the exception of Frohd Bek probably.

2 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Jackal, Hyenas, Raptor, and Ambulas should in my opinion all randomly spawn in corpus missions (the same way prosecutors work), with the lore excuse being a message from Lotus: "You failed to destroy these proxies, Tenno. The Corpus' mass production led to the presence of these robots across all the Origin system."

It will also open up space for more interesting humanoid Corpus bosses. They could even be the members of the Board of Directors, with the exception of Frohd Bek probably.

I totally forgot about the other corpus robot bosses. I'd like my original idea applied to all of them in that case. If Raptor or Ambulas in missions becomes too annoying, that'd give us more reason to assassinate them to stop their spawns for the mean time. Maybe, a 24 hour cool down on their spawn upon successful assassination mission completion.

I think toned down versions of the Corpus proxy bosses would make sense for some of the tile sets that contain large maps. The assassination target versions I'd assume are the top-of-the-line how-much-armor-and-guns-can-we-fit-on-this-thing proof-of-concept prototypes.

On that note, there are Jackal parts hanging from the ceiling in one of the Infested Ship tiles, meaning there is a mass-production version of the Jackal.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I was just doing Fossa as part of my needed junction completion quest...

You got me all excited, quickly scroll up to check current build for consoles and see "Lunaro". :(

It will be cool to have a Jackal spawn as a mini-boss for large, open Corpus tileset (excavation?), although I think it will be easier to kill since we have more open space to maneuver and not be restricted to a small room.

8 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

You got me all excited, quickly scroll up to check current build for consoles and see "Lunaro". :(

It will be cool to have a Jackal spawn as a mini-boss for large, open Corpus tileset (excavation?), although I think it will be easier to kill since we have more open space to maneuver and not be restricted to a small room.

I already one-shot them with my gunsword, so they don't need to be easier.