Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

quan256

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

So? People had to know powercreep was gonna get nerfed. It doesn't really make sense to auto-headshot anyways. 

I dunno, man. I think if you get enveloped by a massive explosion, some of your face might get grilled off a bit, too. Not that I'm against the nerf or anything.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

Excellent work DE. You finally returned the Tonkor to how it should have been all along.

Now please, finish the job and reduce its damage to be on-par with the self-damage explosives. And then buff the self-damage explosives so everything is lined up as it should be.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Finally, a reason to use my Secura Penta instead.

Seconded. Now other explosive weapons are relevant. I will probably still use the Tonkor just cause it's fun, but at least I can use other explosive weapons without feeling like the Tonkor would have been automatically the superior choice.

Just now, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, lets slap it into the dirt even though people have  put alot of effort into the weapon (dont use argon scope on it) yes, lets make it really crappy so it borderline unusable, screw the people who put real money into the weapon. yay

Oh please, balance is always going to be a thing. Nerfs and buffs will happen. deal with it

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, lets slap it into the dirt even though people have  put alot of effort into the weapon (dont use argon scope on it) yes, lets make it really crappy so it borderline unusable, screw the people who put real money into the weapon. yay

Wahh, I six forma'd it when it first released.  Finally the thing gets balanced

Since people complaining that much about nerfs, they decided to nerf it step by step, it has started months ago when they balanced a few weapons caus Arcane Rage used to trigger a bit more than expected.. and now they finally done with their job.

Once again we wasted formas and time on a weapon we ll never use again, mission accomplished DE.. as usual

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

Except they didn't actually touch the Tonkor, just the auto headshot damage from explosions. I'm sure this applies to all explosive weapons. Your Tonkor that you wasted blood and sweat on is still the same, now you actually have to aim the projectiles at the heads instead of letting them hit their feet.

Edited by Rostiel

Just now, Funcooker said:

Not really, this applies to all AOE weapons, not just the Tonkor.

Ya but with the Pentas you can detonate it in the air to still score headshots since the mechanic was changed to be location sensitive in respect to the target and the point of detonation.  Tonkor can still crit headshot, just not as easily.