Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quan256

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

so I just went into the simulacrum, equiped my tonkor, spawned the level 50 gunner and it died in one hit. visible damage numbers were in the 1200 to 2400 range, probably the projectile hit. pretty sure the explosion still murders the pants off of them. because... you know... the gunner flew all over the place

So does this mean my baby similor is unusable now (Or requires effort to set the orbs near the face) as well because if so that sucks. has anyone tested this yet that has specters of the rail or nah?

just User Error with a Weapon that has no competence to use required.

i get literally the exact same Damage Numbers as before with Tonkor.

Another thing I'm noticing (testing in simulacrum atm) at least on the Secura Penta, headshots seem to do 1.5x more damage instead of 2x.

Will try this out on the Tonkor.

before argone scope and the crit headshot, I still take my tonkor to high level mission, you just have to changes the way you build it and will do almost the same damage.

I stopped using the Tonkor a while ago. I prefer my S. Penta now for AoE. Just cause it doesn't auto-headshot anymore, doesn't mean it won't wreck face. Build your Tonkor for Pure Damage or Regular Crit and Crit Damage and you will still deal damage in spades.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Something about the combination of grenade launcher and headshots just doesn't sound right to me.

Regardless:

boomshot, gears of war

Well Talon explosions definitely don't auto head shot anymore, but on the other hand I don't feel like i'm doing less damage than I was, which is strange.

If you know how to aim to their heads there is no problem, argon scope still activate if you shoot at the head.

13 minutes ago, Vargras said:

You mean they're actually somewhat balanced now?

Sweet.

The update has been live for nearly a week and no one has even noticed this until now. Its still miles ahead of everything else, if it weren't for the Argon Scope proc no one would have noticed at all.

Just now, Funcooker said:

The update has been live for nearly a week and no one has even noticed this until now. Its still miles ahead of everything else, if it weren't for the Argon Scope proc no one would have noticed at all.

Please, lots of peeps noticed it, we just didn't post on it cuz there was a lack of "tonkor got nerfed" crier threads after the update.

2 minutes ago, Funcooker said:

whats funny is, i consider Argon Scope a useless mod, because most of the time you dont have the space for Bladed Rounds + Argon Scope. I like this nerf, but now there is no way to get Arcane Victory to proc with any AoE weapon. Atomos and other not OP weapons now are slightly nerfed. I agree, Tonkor and SS needed this.

The remaining nerfs to those weapons are to give Tonkor self damage and to reduce the Synoid Simulor ammo from 16 to 8.

2 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

So I don't understand, is it impossible to headshot with synoid simulor now?

It is still possible, OP just doesn't know it or didn't state it but you have to aim for the head now to get headshots like all the other weapons. Title should be something along the lines of "AoE weapons no longer automically score headshots".

Now I'm personally not sure how it's working right now but I assume instead of explosions picking the highest damage multiplier hitbox now it picks the closest hitbox position because Tonkor can still trigger Argon scope when you hit a Heavy Gunner in the face.