Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

quan256

8 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Alright guys, I've tested some more. Not only are auto-headshot explosions removed, but explosion headshot damage has been halved. Normal hits deal 1.5x headshot damage and 2x on critical hits. Another reason to wave goodbye to Tonkor.

That doesn't seem to be true, at least not in general.

Tested with Stradivar's semi-auto, 52 damage normal hit. 103 headshot, 413 crit headshot.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, lets slap it into the dirt even though people have  put alot of effort into the weapon (dont use argon scope on it) yes, lets make it really crappy so it borderline unusable, screw the people who put real money into the weapon. yay

too bad, balance that is healthy for the game > your time investment

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

That doesn't seem to be true, at least not in general.

Tested with Stradivar's semi-auto, 52 damage normal hit. 103 headshot, 413 crit headshot.

You seem to have misread me. Let me quote it to you to make it more clear.

10 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

explosion headshot damage has been halved

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means it's damage is now 1/4th of what it used to be.

Headshots have a x2 multiplier.  Critical headshots (and good Tonkors almost always crit) get an extra x2.

I think it's a good change.  Now I can use my other weapons without feeling like I've shot myself in the foot.

2 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means it's damage is now 1/4th of what it used to be.

Headshots have a x2 multiplier.  Critical headshots (and good Tonkors almost always crit) get an extra x2.

I think it's a good change.  Now I can use my other weapons without feeling like I've shot myself in the foot.

More like 1/8th. You can't use argon scope to get red crits anymore.

12 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I'm not seeing any mult reductions with the Penta.

349 normal explosion.

699 headshot explosion.

699 crit explosion.

2795 crit headshot explosion.

15 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Just now, KnotOfMetal said:

349 normal explosion.

699 headshot explosion.

699 crit explosion.

Yep, tested myself with Penta, 500, 1000, 4000. All normal.

Regardless, anyone want a drink? Tonkor and Co. finally got a nerf, that's quite the reason for celebration.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)forChristsake said:

I sorta see what you mean, but shotguns are different.  There's a reason tac units use them to breach doors.

I was being sarcastic, Shotguns are not OP. They are suppose to deal huge damage up close, but you know the community about high damage weapons/frames.

2 minutes ago, KnotOfMetal said:

349 normal explosion.

699 headshot explosion.

699 crit explosion.

Ah, right. Double checked and it seemed normal. My bad then I guess.

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I was being sarcastic, Shotguns are not OP. They are suppose to deal huge damage up close, but you know the community about high damage weapons/frames.

Abuse it until it gets nerfed back to the stone age? Ha ha,  couldn't help myself. On a related note, the sobek with acid shells made my mr10 test soooo much easier.

9 minutes ago, DubstepKrony said:

It isn't a total "rip tonkor" situation. You just gotta manually get the shot every 8 seconds. 

If the weapon isn't destroying then it probably is, most things don't do well after a nerf, any kind of nerf.  From the look of this thread, people will probably move to the penta if it's the best now, then that will be nerfed, then they move to the next thing ect, nothing new.

Just now, (PS4)Azure_King03 said:

If the weapon isn't destroying then it probably is, most things don't do well after a nerf, any kind of nerf.  From the look of this thread, people will probably move to the penta if it's the best now, then that will be nerfed, then they move to the next thing ect, nothing new.

The Tonkor is still good, people are just over reacting. Damage wasn't nerfed, crit chance wasn't nerfed. It wasn't a huge nerf, more like a fix. You just gotta get a headshot once every few seconds, which isn't terribly hard. The weapon still destroys. 

Just now, DubstepKrony said:

The Tonkor is still good, people are just over reacting. Damage wasn't nerfed, crit chance wasn't nerfed. It wasn't a huge nerf, more like a fix. You just gotta get a headshot once every few seconds, which isn't terribly hard. The weapon still destroys. 

So, what you understood was that it was nerfed only from the perspective of Argon Scope? Nope, that is only a side consequence.

The important part is that it won't "automatically" score headshots anymore. Any critical weapon does 4x more on crit headshots than on body shots. So Tonkor just lost 3/4 of the damage for most situations. Rest in pieces *prays*.