Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

quan256

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

So, what you understood was that it was nerfed only from the perspective of Argon Scope? Nope, that is only a side consequence.

The important part is that it won't "automatically" score headshots anymore. Any critical weapon does 4x more on crit headshots than on body shots. So Tonkor just lost 3/4 of the damage for most situations. Rest in pieces *prays*.

I still did pretty good with it in the sorties. Was still one shotting everything. Still good to me honestly.

Just now, DubstepKrony said:

I still did pretty good with it in the sorties. Was still one shotting everything. Still good to me honestly.

I am unsure if this is the nerf promised to us or not, but it's a start for sure. Even if it's still strong, it is no longer the go-to weapon for every MR6 noob in every situation.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

I am unsure if this is the nerf promised to us or not, but it's a start for sure. Even if it's still strong, it is no longer the go-to weapon for every MR6 noob in every situation.

I don't use it normal situations. I only use it on infested missions really. If it's not Tonkor, its Dex Sybaris, Soma Prime, or the Dread

2 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

I am happy that they changed the tonker and all.... but isn't it wrong that DE has not said anything about this, like who know what else they changed?

Probably because it's a general change. It will affect stuff like Sonicor, Simulor, Staticor, pretty much any AoE weapon that automatically hit headshots. They may still do the promised nerf for Tonkor specifically.

2 minutes ago, Alenkj said:

*Switches out argon scope for thermite rounds*

WELP time to only use it for killing phorid in one shot.

Also Synoid Simulor Mirage is fine lmao quit wanting to witch hunt everything

simulor mirage is not fine, that crap causes a ton of lag in the game, but yeah damage wise, I don't really see anything wrong, it's effective, like a killing build should be.

11 minutes ago, Alenkj said:

*Switches out argon scope for thermite rounds*

WELP time to only use it for killing phorid in one shot.

Also Synoid Simulor Mirage is fine lmao quit wanting to witch hunt everything

Other than the fact that they just run around the map spamming out shots in every corner of every room. It is by far one of the most annoying things I've experienced in this game so far. It makes the tonkor seem like a skill based weapon.

1st of all , thanks @quan256 for the topic :) 

2nd , he didn't show a fully demonstration or builds so some people will might thing this is fake , so i will proof it is true that Tonkor DID nerf on the Hotfixes 

Demonstration : 

P/s : Balliste will help for Argon Scope : If the enemy repelling and you shot at the front body of the enemy , it will score as a headshot but not the legs ;) 

Notice that this is a demonstration that proof'ing @quan256 post , i'm not stealling from anybody post to showing this .

Edited by Teemo_FC

17 minutes ago, Karthunk said:

Other than the fact that they just run around the map spamming out shots in every corner of every room. It is by far one of the most annoying things I've experienced in this game so far. It makes the tonkor seem like a skill based weapon.

Yes, I agree.

Tonkor wasn't directly nerfed.  It's just the auto-headshot from aoe weapons was fixed with the specters of the rail update. Tonkor can still crit headshot for its original damage numbers but you need the point of detonation to be relatively closest to the target;s head.

But what happens to players who actually try to score headshots? I don't mean with a Tonkor, never could get myself to enjoy the thing, but the other weapons affected. I mean as per usual with DE, let's ignore all forms of logic and skill-based gameplay, and say that AOE magically starting to purposefully AVOID the heads/weakpoints of enemies (which as far as I'm concerned is a tad ret@rded, that's not how you balance weapons properly, is it?) is A-okay, that's a very slippery slope right there dear devs. I mean what's next? Why not balance the damn things properly instead of lazy, half-backed stuff like this? I'm really sorry but I have to question the soundness of this decision, because to me it only shows laziness... or worse, incompetence. Ironically I really doubt it's either of the two, as you have shown time and again that you can do great things and work yourselves to the bone and then some. So let's say a lapse in judgment? Soon to be corrected by an actual balance pass? No? Nevermind then...

34 minutes ago, Karthunk said:

I dont mind the combo so much for the cheese as the **** annoying visuals and sound. Having the screen filled with the bloody balls and mirages 1 and the ear numbing pew-pew-pew drives me nuts

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Azure_King03 said:

Wait, so you both dislike a weapon/weapon combo because of bad players... ok.

I have yet to be in a game with someone playing that combo that did not play it just as I described. I am more than happy to cheer anyone on that helps the mission end faster but when I can't see anything because 50 glowing orbs are covering my screen I start to get a bit annoyed.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Azure_King03 said:

Wait, so you both dislike a weapon/weapon combo because of bad players... ok.

Those are not bad players, those are just players that use whatever they can to the maximum. What is wrong is the weapon itself that it can be exploited so easily with this particular combo to make every player on the tileset feel miserable.

When it is pew pew pew everywhere and balls and balls left and right, and you just are not allowed to make any kill without Mirage wanting to steal them from you.......it can be said Simulor doesn't even deserve heavy changes......not.

4 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

But what happens to players who actually try to score headshots? I don't mean with a Tonkor, never could get myself to enjoy the thing, but the other weapons affected. I mean as per usual with DE, let's ignore all forms of logic and skill-based gameplay, and say that AOE magically starting to purposefully AVOID the heads/weakpoints of enemies (which as far as I'm concerned is a tad ret@rded, that's not how you balance weapons properly, is it?) is A-okay, that's a very slippery slope right there dear devs. I mean what's next? Why not balance the damn things properly instead of lazy, half-backed stuff like this? I'm really sorry but I have to question the soundness of this decision, because to me it only shows laziness... or worse, incompetence. Ironically I really doubt it's either of the two, as you have shown time and again that you can do great things and work yourselves to the bone and then some. So let's say a lapse in judgment? Soon to be corrected by an actual balance pass? No? Nevermind then...

these makes alot of sense

it seems like they dont want us to play past a certain point so why is it still a option to do so ?

11 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

3 minutes ago, cosen432 said:

these makes alot of sense

it seems like they dont want us to play past a certain point so why is it still a option to do so ?

If you hit the head, headshots are still scored normally........overreacting much? Tonkor and Co had it coming, and I have a feeling this is not even the nerf we were promised, just a general bug fix from long ago.