Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quan256

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Those are not bad players, those are just players that use whatever they can to the maximum. What is wrong is the weapon itself that it can be exploited so easily with this particular combo to make every player on the tileset feel miserable.

When it is pew pew pew everywhere and balls and balls left and right, and you just are not allowed to make any kill without Mirage wanting to steal them from you.......it can be said Simulor doesn't even deserve heavy changes......not.

I only pull it out if there is a sortie/high level invasion exterminate. If I can finish the misison in less than 5 minutes why shouldn't I?

Good combos of frames and weapons are meant to exist.

Hell certain weapons are why mag is even usable right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only used tonkor for extremely long endurance runs which since SotR have been reduced in number to 0.

 

The Tonkor "nerf" isnt really a nerf, just a rework of how AoE works. Though, it should be pointed out, that according to OPs video, a back of the head headshot is not considered a headshot for some reason =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alenkj said:

I only pull it out if there is a sortie/high level invasion exterminate. If I can finish the misison in less than 5 minutes why shouldn't I?

Good combos of frames and weapons are meant to exist.

Hell certain weapons are why mag is even usable right now

Problem is, there are only 2 ways to deal with that:

1. Use Mirage + Simulor yourself, then it becomes a race of who can spew balls faster

OR

2. Shut up and stand aside, you are undeserving of the greatness!

Now.........it's time to hammer Simulor / Mirage / both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, giantconch said:

I only used tonkor for extremely long endurance runs which since SotR have been reduced in number to 0.

 

The Tonkor "nerf" isnt really a nerf, just a rework of how AoE works. Though, it should be pointed out, that according to OPs video, a back of the head headshot is not considered a headshot for some reason =/

Let's just say i won't call a nerf :) 

This is just a fix , but i troll newbies with " nerf " words :D 

By the way , what is OPs o-o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Karthunk said:

I have yet to be in a game with someone playing that combo that did not play it just as I described. I am more than happy to cheer anyone on that helps the mission end faster but when I can't see anything because 50 glowing orbs are covering my screen I start to get a bit annoyed.

I am not going to lie, I am rather amused by the fact that you say that but are also using vauban as your picture, basically the king of too much glowing S#&$ on my screen.  But I don't hate the frame just because people don't know where the black energy button is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Those are not bad players, those are just players that use whatever they can to the maximum. What is wrong is the weapon itself that it can be exploited so easily with this particular combo to make every player on the tileset feel miserable.

When it is pew pew pew everywhere and balls and balls left and right, and you just are not allowed to make any kill without Mirage wanting to steal them from you.......it can be said Simulor doesn't even deserve heavy changes......not.

I never feel miserable with a mirage on the team, but I also don't have problems getting kills away from them, only ash has that power.  Honestly, I hardly see mirage outside of defense(usually infested) and rarely exterminate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alenkj said:

I only pull it out if there is a sortie/high level invasion exterminate. If I can finish the misison in less than 5 minutes why shouldn't I?

Good combos of frames and weapons are meant to exist.

Hell certain weapons are why mag is even usable right now

Because ember can do the same thing but not piss off the entire group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (PS4)Azure_King03 said:

I never feel miserable with a mirage on the team, but I also don't have problems getting kills away from them, only ash has that power.  Honestly, I hardly see mirage outside of defense(usually infested) and rarely exterminate.

Ash? Lol. You are basically saying "my cheese is better than his cheese, I win, everyone else can go to hell".

How about getting some salt to better preserve that cheese of yours? Because chances are both will get changed (nerfed) in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Teemo_FC said:

Let's just say i won't call a nerf :) 

This is just a fix , but i troll newbies with " nerf " words :D 

By the way , what is OPs o-o 

 

OPs in this case refered to "Original Poster" the first post in the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Ash? Lol. You are basically saying "my cheese is better than his cheese, I win, everyone else can go to hell".

How about getting some salt to better preserve that cheese of yours? Because chances are both will get changed (nerfed) in the future.

You read my post wrong... I was saying that only ash can make me feel that I can't get kills, his ability is too good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't just a "nerf Tonkor", this is a "let's nerf every single explosive weapon". I very often use explosive weapons to keep Arcane victory proc at all time. It's the main way for me to get health Regen. If I can't do that anymore with any of my explosive weapons, this is a massive nerf and I just lost 400+ plat investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

This isn't just a "nerf Tonkor", this is a "let's nerf every single explosive weapon". I very often use explosive weapons to keep Arcane victory proc at all time. It's the main way for me to get health Regen. If I can't do that anymore with any of my explosive weapons, this is a massive nerf and I just lost 400+ plat investment.

You lost nothing. Just because one flawed playstyle that was based on a blatant bug / issue got fixed, that doesn't mean they ripped that Arcane Victory from your trembling hands and then kicked you in the nuts.

You can still use Arcane Victory the normal way, can you not? Or what, did you think it was perfectly normal to score headshots while aiming on the legs, and that it would last forever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder when damage reduction due to infinite scaling armor is going to get addressed...

 

The means to bypass that armor gets taken away but the reason people sought the bypass stays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not used the Tonkor in quite sometime and don't much care for it personally, but would it make more sense just to outright nerf the Tonkor's critical stats, oppose from nerfing it on all explosive weapons? Bit daft that other launchers get gimped jus' bc of one explosive weapon being grossly OP. Bad move DE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

 

score headshots while aiming on the legs

Implying implications. I don't use the Tonkor, I never used the Tonkor. Explosive weapons I use include the Quanta vandal, the Sobek, the Sancti castanas and the other explosive equivalent who'se name I can't remember right now.

Not only do I have to change my setup to even use arcane victory now, but I have to put new lenses on other weapons as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, I'm confused. This whole time I've been aiming at shoulders/head because I was thinking if it explodes up high near the head, then the blast should get more head shots on whatever is near it. So that wasn't how it worked in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SigmaLambdaOmega said:

Wait, I'm confused. This whole time I've been aiming at shoulders/head because I was thinking if it explodes up high near the head, then the blast should get more head shots on whatever is near it. So that wasn't how it worked in the first place?

Nope. That is how it SHOULD have worked in the first place, and how it worked a long while ago (exactly how the loading screen hint implies). Now, it seems they finally changed it back to this, so you can continue to aim there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...