Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quan256

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

20 hours ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, lets slap it into the dirt even though people have  put alot of effort into the weapon (dont use argon scope on it) yes, lets make it really crappy so it borderline unusable, screw the people who put real money into the weapon. yay

pls don't mad

20 hours ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, i am a fan of explosive weapons dont get me wrong but the fact that the other explosive weapons can and will kill you if you mess up once makes them terrible

so basically you don't like the fact these big AOE explosive weapons have drawbacks...

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

so basically you don't like the fact these big AOE explosive weapons have drawbacks...

yes, but killing yourself in one shot is quite a big drawback, you can seriously screw a mission up if you die

23 hours ago, AtoKitsune said:

Seconded. Now other explosive weapons are relevant. I will probably still use the Tonkor just cause it's fun, but at least I can use other explosive weapons without feeling like the Tonkor would have been automatically the superior choice.

How does nerfing 1 weapon make the others relevant? The other weapons haven't changed one bit. Only thing stopping you from using those other weapons is you. Not one thing said her approving this nerf makes sense. Its not ok for an EXSPLOSIVE to somehow harm a persons face yet its ok for said EXSPLOSIVE to kill me.

I have nothing special with tonkor or other explosive weapons nerf on headshots score, but for balance sake DE should up balance other underpowered weapons for be usable in high levels. There are a lot of funny weapons but can't be used after lvl 30-40 enemies start spawning, just nerfing everyday any weapon which work well in high levels will make any high level mission just an punishment and an source of frustration for all. So if nerfed few OP considered weapons, let's buff atleast same number of underpowered weapons, just saying...

2 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

How does nerfing 1 weapon make the others relevant? The other weapons haven't changed one bit. Only thing stopping you from using those other weapons is you. Not one thing said her approving this nerf makes sense. Its not ok for an EXSPLOSIVE to somehow harm a persons face yet its ok for said EXSPLOSIVE to kill me.

It still harms their faces, it just doesn't harm -especially- their face, which doesn't make much sense. The way it was functioning was like the shrapnel in the grenade was infused with Toxocyst excretion.

On 7/16/2016 at 0:44 AM, -BM-Leonhart said:

No, I think it makes no sense for AoE to hit weakspots. And before you take me with "The weak spot is hit by the AoE regardless of where you hit", you should remember that this is a game where proper accuracy and headshots are rewarded with extra damage.

There should not be heaps of weapons left and right that can hit those and get the damage bonus without any skill involved whatsoever. If so, then their base damage should have been 1/2 or 1/4 of what it is now to compensate.

If aiming was actually rewarded in this game, sniper rifles, just to mention them, wouldn't be in their current spot. Which is not a good one, you cannot deny that simple fact. This game is already far from rewarding skill, whether it's at aiming, positioning, or teamwork. Most of the weapons used to deal with "vet" content are not chosen because of their headshot potential or the "skill" needed to wield them efficiently, but for their raw damage output and ease of use. So yeah, that "rewarding" extra damage feels more like a sorry excuse to hide bad decision making than a valid argument to justify a well thought out balance pass as far as I'm concerned. And the worst part is, it doesn't bring anything to the table here. It doesn't promote or reward skillfull gameplay. It doesn't help the game in any way.

The day good aim truly rewards the players though, then we talk about weakpoints and AOE based weapons. We're still far from that.

48 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

If aiming was actually rewarded in this game, sniper rifles, just to mention them, wouldn't be in their current spot. Which is not a good one, you cannot deny that simple fact. This game is already far from rewarding skill, whether it's at aiming, positioning, or teamwork. Most of the weapons used to deal with "vet" content are not chosen because of their headshot potential or the "skill" needed to wield them efficiently, but for their raw damage output and ease of use. So yeah, that "rewarding" extra damage feels more like a sorry excuse to hide bad decision making than a valid argument to justify a well thought out balance pass as far as I'm concerned. And the worst part is, it doesn't bring anything to the table here. It doesn't promote or reward skillfull gameplay. It doesn't help the game in any way.

The day good aim truly rewards the players though, then we talk about weakpoints and AOE based weapons. We're still far from that.

Sniper Rifles ARE rewarded for good accuracy. For example, massive damage boost combo counters that vanish when you miss a shot. Or maybe gigantic damage multipliers on critical headshots, like with Rubico, which does above 30x damage multiplier on critical headshots while scoped, with only as much as the 2 mandatory critical mods (not counting the combo counter multipliers).

Just because you see a thread now and then about how people don't know how to use sniper rifles, that doesn't mean their accuracy doesn't provide great effect boosts.if one knows how to handle them.

On 7/19/2016 at 3:16 AM, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sniper Rifles ARE rewarded for good accuracy. For example, massive damage boost combo counters that vanish when you miss a shot. Or maybe gigantic damage multipliers on critical headshots, like with Rubico, which does above 30x damage multiplier on critical headshots while scoped, with only as much as the 2 mandatory critical mods (not counting the combo counter multipliers).

Just because you see a thread now and then about how people don't know how to use sniper rifles, that doesn't mean their accuracy doesn't provide great effect boosts.if one knows how to handle them.

"Gigantic" damage per shot doesn't matter nearly as much as reliable, stable damage output. Especially when you can get just as a "gigantic" damage with other weapons with much less effort while countering some of the most cheap mechanics the game throws at us with ease. Sniper rifles are simply outclassed because of the game itself. Skill is mostly irrelevant unfortunately, and sniper rifles show it quite eloquently in many cases. It doesn't mean they can't get the job done. Just that between a sniper rifle that deals "gigantic" damage per shot but with a firerate that requires careful aiming, positioning and patience, plenty of other weapons can dish out more than enough damage without requiring any of these and clean rooms much, much faster. I mean this is more a beat' em up than an actual TPS as far as I'm concerned. The throngs of enemies that come at us from every direction don't really favor sniping in the vast majority of the content Warframe offers. It's just more fun to just blast everything away with fancy weapons that do fun stuff for most players.

I do see threads about sniper rifles "now and then". And yes, some of them I just dismiss as lack of experience. But many ring true when they state that sniper rifles are just outclassed because this game isn't made for them. That they could use some mechanics that help them bridge the gap between them and other weapon types and make skill actually useful and rewarding. There are good ideas in these forums sometimes you know.

I'm happy with the change.

Now they just need to make all or no explosive weapons self-damage (across the board for consistency), and lower the Tonkor's crit chance and multiplier to something more reasonable like 25% and 2x.

Balancing makes the game more enjoyable by giving us choices.  There are hundreds of weapons in Warframe, more balanced weapons gives us a reason to mix things up instead of always resorting to the obviously OP ones.