Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Interesting point that maintains a meta-signifier of sorts.

The issue there is for the people who already have them. I'll be waiting 100 days for my next reward, something I already have.

5 minutes ago, HAYABU5A said:

heh u guys just dont get it 

instead of developing new weapons you will just get these two recycled weapon which are both borderline useless tier, they are just offering them as "filler" without investing development time for that instance 

That doesnt mean that they will stay in their current Version (stats)

If they get released.. we will have a buff-chance

Just now, Extraxi said:

The issue there is for the people who already have them. I'll be waiting 100 days for my next reward, something I already have.

Probably would have a sigil, boosters, or something with it...maybe. However we can always consider just like the adversary gifts. New players get some fun gear and we get free slots.

3 hours ago, polarity said:

Like original owners can use a vandal skin on any other standard/prime/wraith/future/etc. version of the weapon, everyone else has to use the vandal to get that look?

not what i was thinking, more like a entire new visual for the vandal, but those who had it from the CB keep the skin of the old one..

I'm going to abstain for the moment, but I want to put this forward:

As both a Hunter Founder, and someone who found this game during the Braton Vandal weekend, I would be open to the idea of Skin variations, that would be unique to people who got the original Braton and Lato Vandals.

As others have said both the Braton and Lato Vandals (and to similar degree the Primes), are kind of status symbol of us being with you early, throwing in the cash to both keep things going and convince larger investment sources there was something to this crazy idea.

Reintroduce the Braton and Lato Vandals as Login Rewards (for people who've commit that time into Warframe), but also create Unique Skin variants for those who already have them. This way we can keep our Fashion Frame vanity. You could even be generous and look at accounts that were active before or on Braton Vandal week, and award the Unique Skin, as an acknowledgement of them being just as long as the rest of us, who were present during that time and had the presence of buy the Braton.

3 hours ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

This is an excellent idea. 

I've pretty much everything you could ever get and never see any reason to not let people get something unless it was specifically stated as 'exclusive to' something.  

I want to be honest here and say I didn't get them, But I do want them and as a collector it would ease my mind a bit. So I'd like to see them re-entered into the game once more.

With that said though it's only fair to say, as a Grand Master Founder who has Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime... I Whole heartedly wish that others could obtain them as well, as I know the pain of not having access to everything.

:Edit:

I was reading comments and someone said to add them as a time reward, 1000 hours for Lato and 2000 hours for Braton.

As Steve mentioned hearing, "Sure I wasn't there for that month, but I've given you years an years of passion"

This would be a worthy Achievement and a gift right away to those who've dedicated years (and maybe even money) to this game. Without Locking them behind an absurdly long log in reward set up with what I consider better rewards ahead of it. It'd Give new players something special once they've hit that level of commitment and could open up a new reward/motivation system for other new or old items.

Edited by HimitsuDragon
To add more

Honest question, what's the point of having this poll if we all already know what the result is gonna be? I mean, you don't even need a poll in the first place to figure out the answer. Probably like over 90% of the voters would vote yes for free weapons that they don't have.

imo I just find it really funny that people actually wants these trash weapons, weapons that the people who already have them don't actually use. And we all know once they get them, they'll either be disposed of or left sitting in the dust. They're as useful as the regular Lato and Braton weapons. They lack both damage and utility for anything past low-mid game. If you're gonna bring them back, at least buff them to make them at least useful in some way.

Also, shouldn't have had a closed beta reward in the first place if it's going to be obtainable outside of closed beta. Then these problems wouldn't exist and everyone would be happy.

Edited by SunsetChaos

As much as I want them back, I think they should remain as they are.  I guess I view it as a slippery slope.  I want them cause of the digital pack rat syndrome but if those come back, what else would come back that was never meant to be?

On the flip side, if the vote does go through that people want them back, maybe it would be nice to give those current owners something special.  It could be a cosmetic, like a badge or insignia, weapon skin or something I don't know.  Just something cool that would say they were there at the start.

I would rather have Dex Weapons come back than vandal weapons.  WTB Dex Sybaris!

Yes!  For the love of god yes!  Braton Vandal is the only weapon I ever missed, AND I played during the time it was available, I was just a ultra noob and my line of thinking was "Cool, nice skin, but I already have a Braton *shrug*".  That decision will haunt me for life!!!  Bring them back, por favor XD

I feel like the biggest reason people want this is so they can level it to 30 and then never use it again in which case keep it exclusive, because what's the point in releasing a weapon if the majority aren't even going to use it, same with foudners gear, they don't want it because they're great weapons, they want it because of affinity which is just silly.

I'll have to say no. I was already against the return of exclusive weapons, for that matter. Plus, most only want it for the mastery.

I'd rather have zero mastery deriving from all exclusive stuff. See how many will suddenly care a lot less.

Edited by -Vin-

Actually I have thought of something.

Give those weapons back only to beta players who sold them (or all beta players, since maybe they couldn't redeem them in time). Or at least available for purchase, though I wouldn't know how to make it possible for them only.

7 minutes ago, Test_the_God said:

If you played around that time odds are you have founder status. Thats enough exclusive stuff stop being greedy.

Some of us didn't. I'm one of those. What now, you're going to blame it on us being too poor or not invested enough?

People generally can't help but want what they can't have; these 2 are no different. Statistically they are average, and the mastery gain is insignificant in the long run.

But at this point I don't really care if they're re-released or not. Most would spend 30 minutes maxing it out then never using it again, so they won't really mean anything. I'll still have mine that took me through the game at the beginning.

Spoiler

AOoBrCF.jpg

For what it's worth though I have mostly retired using it since the firing sound was changed. Just isn't the same.

(Also I'm curious how many voting actually have both.)

As someone who didn't realize you could upgrade the founder packs just like the prime access at the time and missed out on skana and lato prime, i say all my yes. heck even if you guys could release excalibur again i wouldn't be against it. I already contributed to this game and my reward is it being the biggest source of entertainment i have ever had.  plus i have my shiny badge already ^^, which i find much prettier than excal xD. the sigil could use a touch up though.