Jump to content

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll


Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

I honestly don't think that this would be a good way to go about it.

Just logging in and off again each day doesn't show commitment to the game, but to being rewarded.

On top of that it would neglect all the time players put into the game before U18 came out.

I'd suggest tieing it to hours played.

1,5 - 2 k hours would be a good point imo (and no, I personally wouldn't get them instantly and I don't have them so far), but the specific number obviously should be chosen by DE on what they consider true commitment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I would want those weapons but I will respect your decision even if you wont give it to us. I feel the same about Exal, Lato and Skana Prime. It was a bad decision to make them exclusive to people who paid for them - but fixing that would require some kind of compensation - a badass cosmetic item, and not only one, maybe two or even three. Im not ok with any exclusive item that cant be obtained by playing only. Im more then ok with it I the item in quiestion is cosmetis - doenst impact gameplay in any way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

don't have them, still voted No. I'm fine with exclusive stuff for people who were there back in the day, otherwise what's next, Primed Chamber? (i sold mine as well)

If someone really wants an extra 6k mastery, release prisma braton and vandal with viable stats (and buff vandals even more, so that they would be better than prismas). 

If u would still like to bring them back and make an event of it , make everyone work their &#! for them (and potentially flag founders acc's with toned down version of sorts, perhaps even optional, in case they are masochistic and would like to experience true pain :D )

 

In any case, i harbor no particular strong feelings either way, but in case u bring them back, give owners something cool to show off as people previously mentioned (preferably bigger than badge, like landing craft skin or a special syandana or smtn). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cowoner94 said:

I honestly don't think that this would be a good way to go about it.

Just logging in and off again each day doesn't show commitment to the game, but to being rewarded.

On top of that it would neglect all the time players put into the game before U18 came out.

I'd suggest tieing it to hours played.

1,5 - 2 k hours would be a good point imo (and no, I personally wouldn't get them instantly and I don't have them so far), but the specific number obviously should be chosen by DE on what they consider true commitment.

This is probably the best idea yet.

Theoretically there is more than likely thousands of players who have these weapons who stopped playing years ago or have a fraction of the time committed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Yes, I would want those weapons but I will respect your decision even if you wont give it to us. I feel the same about Exal, Lato and Skana Prime. It was a bad decision to make them exclusive to people who paid for them - but fixing that would require some kind of compensation - a badass cosmetic item, and not only one, maybe two or even three. Im not ok with any exclusive item that cant be obtained by playing only. Im more then ok with it I the item in quiestion is cosmetis - doenst impact gameplay in any way.

it wasnt a bad decision at all, it was a way for the devs to show their thanks and as you said, they paid for them . how would you feel if you played the beta of a game or payed for something in a game which was to be exclusive to beta players or people who payed for it then 3 years later its giving to the public for free ? it is a breach of trust between the devs and players . imo this poll should never have taken place because if they allow these weapons to become available, whats to stop excal prime and co from becoming available too and screwing the players over 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy for both braton and lato vandal returning, so that newer players can have literally shiny new toys to play with.

Lato vandal being a closed beta only weapon... hmmm...  Maybe give each person with the lato vandal due to closed beta testing an amazing, super special skin or the like?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)DeluxeKnight831 said:

if they allow these weapons to become available, whats to stop excal prime and co from becoming available too and screwing the players over 

Because DE is under a legal contract to keep founder items as they are, as real money was spent on them and it was the only way, meanwhile the first two vandals were given out to players for the sake of commitment, yet in reality DE had no real obligation of mantaining them exclusive for they simply felt like it.

I am indiferent at the return of any form of exclusive and to be honest I would indeed love for both to come back for the sake of completion. With that said I understand if they don't, at least for Lato Vandal since it was gifted to people who had been there at the completion of a goal which was all the way through closed beta; Braton on the other hand was a buy now kind of deal that not only some people missed but could have just gotten in there and bought it if they just happened to be at the right time regardless of how much time they actually spent before so I feel it is less of a true 'status item' than the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

weapons that currently signify Closed Beta

As closed beta tester the only thing we got was a lato vandal ... So if you do that at least can you give us a sigil or an emblem.

For the braton vandal its different, it was available during the open beta, i am fine for the braton vandal but not for the lato vandal.

 

Plus this poll is totally rigged, its like doing one with "do you want us to return exca prime and his weapons" of course most of the people will say yes ...

Edited by clemza
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, (XB1)DeluxeKnight831 said:

it wasnt a bad decision at all, it was a way for the devs to show their thanks and as you said, they paid for them . how would you feel if you played the beta of a game or payed for something in a game which was to be exclusive to beta players or people who payed for it then 3 years later its giving to the public for free ? it is a breach of trust between the devs and players . imo this poll should never have taken place because if they allow these weapons to become available, whats to stop excal prime and co from becoming available too and screwing the players over 

I don't believe the original excal prime and his bundle should ever be released that was a founder's right. But the first two vandal weapons aren't technically exclusive to the founders in all fairness

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, Lato Vandal stays exclusive to the pioneers while the Braton Vandal should be awarded to players who have logged in a specified total amount of time in WF. I also support the suggestion that those who have the previous Braton Vandal should receive a special skin for it as a form of badge for their dedication.

Edited by tojo01
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a founder who who did not participate in the closed beta.

For the love of god, no.

Just as the founders represent the players that passionately supported Warframe during its early development period, the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal represent another important group that do deserve to keep their distinction: i.e. the very first group of players that went on ahead and supported Warframe during its inception. These weapons are beta items that you have previously stated were not on the table as far as items that were going to return.

You're setting a dangerous precedent when you start going back on your word about things, DE, and it's pretty disgusting to be honest. All the more hilarious after you've just finished releasing the most broken major update in Warframe's history. You might want to wait a little while (read: a long while, a very long while in fact) before you start digging another hole.

How about instead of running a dumb poll where 90% of contributing votes are going to come from wide-eyed brats with a 'GIMME GIMME GIMME' mindset you just straight up show some sincerity to your earliest supporters by keeping your word on something. How about that.

Edited by Kiryuin-Satsuki
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I would much rather have Braton/Lato Vandal remain forever unavailable than have original owners get exclusive cosmetics.

Mostly because realistically I'll never use either of those weapons, where a cosmetic, I can. Although I don't actually care about Mastery.

 

In theory, they could rebalance these weapons if they are released to the masses to make them up to par with recent weapons. The Lato vandal with comparative stats to lex prime, for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

This is a wonderful idea.

 

I feel sorry for CB players, but considering that those weapons are the only ones I miss and that I'm strongly against exclusivity when permanent, I have to vote YES.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tojo01 said:

that those who have the previous Braton Vandal should receive a special skin for it as a form of badge for their dedication.

I was playing during that periode, i just didn't knew about the weapon in the market for 1 credits :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted no.

Although tbh I'm pretty sallted about Lato Vandal and Excal Prime and such, I don't think they should be brought back. It's a present for the ones who first started the game and did some really good contribution. I think they deserved to have something exclusive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...